PDA

View Full Version : On a scale of 1-10, how excited are you about Super Bowl XLIII?

The Prime Nip
01-30-2009, 12:39 PM
In before poll...

I say a 10. This is going to be a great game I believe. Kurt Warner is also one of my favorite players. That increases the score.

Whoa, I just had deja vu making this thread. I remember dreaming about something similar a long, long time ago. Roger Goodell was on TV when I dreamed about it and he was on TV when I made this thread. WTF, man!

quietstormx1
01-30-2009, 12:46 PM
im ****ing thrilled.

JRRBadBoy4Life
01-30-2009, 01:01 PM
It's just another game, another super bowl. If your teams not in it I don't know how you can be pumped. It's been since 1991 since I've been excited for a super bowl, and I was a like 16 years old all decked out in face paint. Even being that pumped up today if my team was in it, it would be total depression if they were to lose. If your team loses the super bowl, there's nothing worse than that when it comes to sports and thank GOD in my lifetime I haven't had to experience that.

Redmond88
01-30-2009, 01:03 PM
not very. i dont like either team b/c i have friends who are fans of both and they're always talkin ****.

quietstormx1
01-30-2009, 01:03 PM
It's just another game, another super bowl. If your teams not in it I don't know how you can be pumped. It's been since 1991 since I've been excited for a super bowl, and I was a like 16 years old all decked out in face paint. Even being that pumped up today if my team was in it, it would be total depression if they were to lose. If your team loses the super bowl, there's nothing worse than that when it comes to sports and thank GOD in my lifetime I haven't had to experience that.

last year i wasnt excited at all during the superbowl.

not one moment of enjoyment. down to the last possesion, the last throw, and the final second.

i didnt enjoy one bit of that superbowl.

papi93
01-30-2009, 01:05 PM
I always enjoy watching NFL games but it is very tough this season after watching the Packers be one game away from the 2008 Super Bowl and then having a huge failure of a season.

Pro_Shark
01-30-2009, 01:09 PM

JRRBadBoy4Life
01-30-2009, 01:12 PM

You've got nothing else to live for.

Misctify
01-30-2009, 01:18 PM
Elevendy

quietstormx1
01-30-2009, 01:20 PM

lulz

ChefPhalBignuts
01-30-2009, 01:34 PM
I'd say a strong 9. I don't care anymore if the Boys aren't in it. There's always next year

I'm loving the strong D vs the strong O game. I love to see football games where either teams don't make mistakes (irony for the Boys O_o) lol

I like watching well executed games, ya dig

gswarrior510
01-30-2009, 01:44 PM
why isnt there a 0 option?

Pro_Shark
01-30-2009, 01:54 PM

Michigan I'm guessing?

...I'm sorry.

Bulldog0520
01-30-2009, 01:59 PM

Yes location Arizona.

JRRBadBoy4Life
01-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Michigan I'm guessing?

...I'm sorry.

Arizona sure has won a lot of championships:D

Hausen
01-30-2009, 03:06 PM
Im stoked

Arizona FTW !!!1!!1!!!

KingCanuck
01-30-2009, 03:09 PM

This might be the least excited I've ever been for a superbowl before.

JRRBadBoy4Life
01-30-2009, 03:12 PM

Actually the Steelers/Seahawks a few years ago was less exciting. And after watching the referees debacle during the game, it was downright the worst super bowl that I have ever watched. I'd rather watch a blowout than a game that's decided by the refs.

Hausen
01-30-2009, 03:12 PM

your a seahawks fan brah, arent you normally at around a 1 with everything that happens in the nfl?
:)

Greg1983
01-30-2009, 03:14 PM
I'd say 7 right now, but we'll see how it plays out. Last year I was about a 4 going in (figured it'd be a blowout) but it was one of the best Super Bowls ever, despite me not liking the final victor.

Hausen
01-30-2009, 03:22 PM
IDC if you like the teams or not

this Superbowl is seriously, Without ANY biased, one of the most exciting

talk about

MAAAAAJJJJJJOOOORRRRR Underdog vs a ****ing DYNASTY superteam

that ****s for the history books

anyone whos like " meh i dont care, i couldnt be any less excited" is just being a hater because the cards are in and their team isnt

Negatron617
01-30-2009, 03:23 PM
if my team is in it im at 10.....if my team if not in it and regardless of who is its probably a 6 or 7

TAWS6
01-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Not very excited. As much as I dislike them I think the steelers D is going to dominate.

fivas15
01-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Not at all. Pitt is going to destroy Arizona.

JRRBadBoy4Life
01-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Not at all. Pitt is going to destroy Arizona.

As bama destroyed the Utes, as most predicted, eh?

PGHPump
01-30-2009, 03:39 PM
i'd say 20

KingCanuck
01-30-2009, 03:42 PM
your a seahawks fan brah, arent you normally at around a 1 with everything that happens in the nfl?

And you are a Cardinals fan? What the **** have the Cardinals done other than this year?

At least Seahawks are good for a playoff win almost every year.

papi93
01-30-2009, 03:48 PM

It should only get worse with Holmgren gone.

Hausen
01-30-2009, 03:56 PM
And you are a Cardinals fan? What the **** have the Cardinals done other than this year?

At least Seahawks are good for a playoff win almost every year.

Id rather suck for 100 years and know theres little chance than getting my hopes up and getting disappointed year after year

lol

Pro_Shark
01-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Arizona sure has won a lot of championships:D

Which is why we are hyped about this game :)

Centurions
01-30-2009, 04:41 PM
What kind of fruit doesn't get excited about the superbowl (my team wasnt even in the playoffs).

fivas15
01-30-2009, 04:42 PM
As bama destroyed the Utes, as most predicted, eh?

Nah.

bodybuilder127
01-30-2009, 07:39 PM

talk about

anyone whos like " meh i dont care, i couldnt be any less excited" is just being a hater because the cards are in and their team isnt

Dynasty super team??? Thats a little over exaggerating isnt it??

NYY
01-30-2009, 08:33 PM

I'll have to agree.

Least excited I've been since XL.

LIFTorGTFO
01-30-2009, 08:43 PM
definitely a lot less excited than I was last year. personally im a pats fan so its biased lol but still, the pats were going for straight undefeated last year. this year, its kinda just like bleh. would be cool to see the cards break the slump tho

Greg1983
01-30-2009, 08:50 PM

talk about

I get more excited about seeing two evenly matched teams in a game that could go either way. There's just not much excitement in waiting for a team to get blown the **** out. The real Super Bowl was 2 weeks ago in Pittsburgh.

JRRBadBoy4Life
01-30-2009, 08:54 PM
definitely a lot less excited than I was last year. personally im a pats fan so its biased lol but still, the pats were going for straight undefeated last year. this year, its kinda just like bleh. would be cool to see the cards break the slump tho

This year its 2 teams that wouldn't be there if(here's a few)
AFC
1) Tom Brady wasn't injured
2) Shawn Merriman wasn't injured(San Diego's defense would be better)
3) Peyton Manning wasn't injured early, they may have had home field adv.
4) Tennessee didn't choke against Baltimore
NFC
1) Brett Favre stayed in Green Bay
2) Dallas lived up to its hype
3) Philadelphia was just a tiny bit better on offense
4) Giants hadn't lost Osi Umanyoura and Michael Strahan, ouch!
5)

It's the 28th ranked defense vs the 22nd ranked offense.

Greg1983
01-30-2009, 09:02 PM

None of these would have made any difference whatsoever.

You could say the exact same thing about last year.

But they're not.

5)
The way Eli reverted to his former self, it wouldn't have mattered.

Although I will say, I would have loved to see a Brady led Pats team go up against the Steelers 2 weeks back. But I don't think that diminishes what Pittsburgh has done at all.

ChefPhalBignuts
01-30-2009, 09:04 PM
AFC
NFC
5)

AFC 1,2,4 don't matter. The Steelers are too strong on D this year

3. I'll never bet against Peyton so I'll give you that

NFC
1. lol
2. :(
3. Not our fault
4. Possibly. Depending on how Eli played

JIGSAW
01-30-2009, 09:05 PM
I'd say a strong 9. I don't care anymore if the Boys aren't in it. There's always next year

You my friend sound like a Yankee fan :D

Hausen
01-30-2009, 09:21 PM
There's just not much excitement in waiting for a team to get blown out.

normally thatd be true

but the reason this one is different is because its the cardinals who werent ever supposed to beat ATL in week 1

this isnt giants underdog vs patriots

this is a team thats defied odds week after week, and so at this point, odds dont mean ****. The cardinals arent suppsoed to win this game either but they said **** you to everyother team they were 'supposed' to lose to

Dynasty super team??? Thats a little over exaggerating isnt it??

hell no, Steelers are as dynasty as they come. up there with the colts, cowboys, patriots, bears (the teams that have histories of great players and championships won)

i actually couldnt ask for a better matchup

If my cardinals were in the superbowl, id want it to be against the steelers, basically the biggest name in football

to be the best you gotta beat the best, and so there will be no questions after the cardinals beat the steelers

Greg1983
01-30-2009, 09:41 PM
normally thatd be true

but the reason this one is different is because its the cardinals who werent ever supposed to beat ATL in week 1

this isnt giants underdog vs patriots

this is a team thats defied odds week after week, and so at this point, odds dont mean ****. The cardinals arent suppsoed to win this game either but they said **** you to everyother team they were 'supposed' to lose to

You just described the Giants last year, and a multitude of other teams in other years. Quit playing it up as though your team is doing something magical that's never been done before. They're an underdog team that got hot in the playoffs. Stories like this are a dime a dozen.

kethnaab
01-30-2009, 09:55 PM
AFC

Brady wasn't injured in 2005. The Steelers made it.
Merriman hasn't been injured in previous seasons. San Diego never made it.
Peyton Manning wasn't injured in 2005. The Steelers made it (and beat Manning in the process)
Manning has never been injured previously, and only made it once.
Tennessee may or may not have beaten the Steelers twice in the same season. They might not have been so successful in a game that actually meant something, seeing as how the Steelers had already clinched when they played Tennessee before

It's also the 1st ranked defense vs. the 3rd ranked offense, but when you're a hater, I guess you'll find a way to hate.

leafs43
01-30-2009, 10:02 PM
A 4.

It's about as exciting as the Ravens-Giants Super bowl 8 years ago.

Yes, exactly.....boring

hellabutt
01-30-2009, 10:04 PM
the steelers have not been a dynasty since the 70's. people forget that in 2005 the steelers became the first sixth seed to EVER win a superbowl. they were the underdogs then. they were supposed to lose. sure they almost always have atleast a decent team every year. doesnt make them a dynasty. look at the number of posts in the official steelers thread compared to the official cowboys or other big football teams threads. the steelers are hated right now cuz theyre in the bowl. theyre hated at other times cuz theyre pittsburghs team and pittsburgh always gets ****ted on. **** the steelers dont even have fuking cheerleaders, they just play good football. haters keep on hatin.

kethnaab
01-30-2009, 10:23 PM
looking forward to a nice drink of this:

http://members.cox.net/steelerfury/steelers_6-Pack.jpg

GPx
01-31-2009, 02:54 AM
A solid 4.

snakehips31
01-31-2009, 05:22 AM
My teams not in it, so I am not really excited. I will watch it but I hate sitting through hundreds of horrible commercials, an hour long halftime, and listening to people who know jack **** about football because this is the only game they watch all year.

Agallah Adams
01-31-2009, 12:00 PM
this is the least excited i've been for a super bowl. my favorite team got eliminated (ravens) and this was the closest they have been to the super bowl since their last win in 2001. i put a lot of emotions into their games so I guess after they lost, I sort of lost interest. however, there is . no media day quotes/bulletin board material, no truly marquee names like brady, strahan, t.o., etc. right now, my excitement is at like a 4.5-5 but i love football so much that when the game actually kicks off, excitement will be a 9.5. Even the media has said this whole week leading up to the super bowl was boring lol

DRob27
01-31-2009, 01:15 PM
10 but that may or may not be because i'm a steelers fan

plus we're going for our 6th ring and playing the coaches played a role in getting us our 5th

percussion8903
01-31-2009, 01:50 PM
10. The steaks are high for long term fans of the Cowboys

percussion8903
01-31-2009, 01:54 PM
looking forward to a nice drink of this:

if the steelers win, that is going to blind me whenever it gets posted

ChefPhalBignuts
01-31-2009, 02:00 PM
10. The steaks are high for long term fans of the Cowboys

You're making me sad :(

percussion8903
01-31-2009, 02:38 PM

This would be worse than what happened 14 years ago. But think of the excitement if the Cardinals save the legacy.

mr_moto_civic
01-31-2009, 02:45 PM
I guess I'm a little pumped for it. I'll probably hang out with my buddies and watch the game at an El Torito or something - cheap beer and cheap tacos and happy hour type food. Hope there are lots of partying ladies around too! As far as the game goes, I'll be rooting for the underdog Cardinals. I'd like to see Warner get some glory before he calls it quits. He's one of the good guys.

JRRBadBoy4Life
01-31-2009, 02:53 PM
I just **** myself.

mr_moto_civic
01-31-2009, 02:55 PM
I just **** myself.

?? Was that a snide remark to my post?

JRRBadBoy4Life
01-31-2009, 02:57 PM
?? Was that a snide remark to my post?

You mean the taco thing? No, but it fits well.

kethnaab
01-31-2009, 03:01 PM
10. The steaks are high for long term fans of the Cowboys...if the steelers win, that is going to blind me whenever it gets posted

http://www.fanwear.com/under/sunglasses/circuit-satin-black-frame2.jpg

This would be worse than what happened 14 years ago. But think of the excitement if the Cardinals save the legacy.

I just **** myself.

http://www.nerve.com/CS/blogs/modernmaterialist/2008/07/tp.jpg

ChefPhalBignuts
01-31-2009, 03:03 PM
edited
Well played, sir

As much as it makes me want to cry, I'm pretty sure you guys have this in the bag

percussion8903
01-31-2009, 03:04 PM
lol

mr_moto_civic
01-31-2009, 03:11 PM
You mean the taco thing? No, but it fits well.

Well, cheers anyway. Tacos and beer! I'll be getting tipsy.

Muscle69camaro
01-31-2009, 03:15 PM
I hate football. yes srs

aaronjbc123
01-31-2009, 03:17 PM
have never paid attention to either team, but I like arizona and want to see them upset pittsburgh like they've been doing all playoffs, so the people who say they don't deserve to be there can shut the **** up.

ChefPhalBignuts
01-31-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm homo and like cock
Fixed

:D

SpiderSense
01-31-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm sure I'll love the game, the 1000 likely unfunny commercials is the problem.

Vayne
01-31-2009, 05:38 PM
Not very excited, I feel like CTRL+ALT+Deleting myself.

bassing68
01-31-2009, 08:29 PM
Imma die hard Steelers fan ever since the Bradshaw/Swann days.

MUSCLETECHBOI
01-31-2009, 09:01 PM
im excited to put 30 buffalo wings down with a beer.

Hausen
01-31-2009, 09:20 PM
You just described the Giants last year, and a multitude of other teams in other years. Quit playing it up as though your team is doing something magical that's never been done before. They're an underdog team that got hot in the playoffs. Stories like this are a dime a dozen.

lol, cry baby, your just still trying deny the Cardinals of any glory or respect

cardinals are the biggest underdogs to ever play in the superbowl period

they said that the cardinals were the worst team in history to ever make it to the playoffs, well that worst team is going up against the team with Most superbowl wins

'worst' vs best, this is the biggest superbowl ever

no this isnt the same, but continue trying to rationalize it so you feel better

im excited to put 30 buffalo wings down with a beer.

and buffalo wings went on the endangered species list this superbowl, I hear there wont be any,m along with celery GAsP*

Greg1983
01-31-2009, 09:55 PM
lol, cry baby, your just still trying deny the Cardinals of any glory or respect

Wrong. I give them plenty of respect. They stepped up their game huge in the playoffs and no one can ever say they didn't. Anyone who says they're only there because Jake is retarded and Philly played like **** is full of it. They earned their place.

cardinals are the biggest underdogs to ever play in the superbowl period

False. They're 7 point underdogs, and the public seems pretty split on that line. The Giants last year, the Pats in 02, and plenty more I can't remember off the top of my head were much bigger underdogs.

they said that the cardinals were the worst team in history to ever make it to the playoffs, well that worst team is going up against the team with Most superbowl wins

'worst' vs best, this is the biggest superbowl ever

no this isnt the same, but continue trying to rationalize it so you feel better

If everyone thought they were so bad why were they only 2-3 point underdogs against Atlanta? 3.5 against Philly? Only in the Carolina game were they really expected to get curbstomped.

Arizona's a nice story, and despite me not rooting for them, it'll be a nice story if they win. It's still nothing we haven't seen before.

kethnaab
01-31-2009, 10:01 PM
the Patriots vs. the Rams in 01 is FAR more of a "story" than the Cardinals, whether the Cards win or lose

Hausen
01-31-2009, 10:49 PM
False. They're 7 point underdogs, and the public seems pretty split on that line. The Giants last year, the Pats in 02, and plenty more I can't remember off the top of my head were much bigger underdogs.

If everyone thought they were so bad why were they only 2-3 point underdogs against Atlanta? 3.5 against Philly? Only in the Carolina game were they really expected to get curbstomped.

Its not the line sthat matter. The numbers dont mean ****, at all

It was spoken and believed by countless critics and ESPN panel guys (ACCEPT FOR TERRY BRADSHAW, that must be pointed out) that the Cardinals are QUOTED "The worst team to ever make it to the playoffs, EVER"

That sentence is all it is. Not the numbers, because by numbers there have been bigger underdogs

but that sentence and Beliefe is what makes the Cards the biggest underdogs in history becuase it was Said that they were

And if you absolutley MUST go by the line ans numbers, what do you think the line wouldve been at the beggining of the season if someone said Cards v Steelers superbowl?

it wouldve been laughable

but now its not because they proven everyone wrong and are finally getting a little respect, Begrudgingly by those same critics who are too ****ing stubborn to admit they were wrong

somewhere on a plack itll read "worst team to ever make the playoffs, wins the superbowl"

and thats what im saying

Greg1983
01-31-2009, 11:06 PM
Its not the line sthat matter. The numbers dont mean ****, at all

Except how the majority of the public feels, which is the only solid indicator we can go by.

It was spoken and believed by countless critics and ESPN panel guys (ACCEPT FOR TERRY BRADSHAW, that must be pointed out) that the Cardinals are QUOTED "The worst team to ever make it to the playoffs, EVER"

That sentence is all it is. Not the numbers, because by numbers there have been bigger underdogs

but that sentence and Beliefe is what makes the Cards the biggest underdogs in history becuase it was Said that they were

I can guarantee you that more people thought the Giants and Patriots were the biggest underdogs in history. You just notice it more when it's referring to your team. You don't see how you could have a bias coming into play here?

And if you absolutley MUST go by the line ans numbers, what do you think the line wouldve been at the beggining of the season if someone said Cards v Steelers superbowl?

it wouldve been laughable

The Cards were 45 to 1 at the start of the season to win the Super Bowl. Not great, but there have been plenty of bigger longshots that have made it.

but now its not because they proven everyone wrong and are finally getting a little respect, Begrudgingly by those same critics who are too ****ing stubborn to admit they were wrong

somewhere on a plack itll read "worst team to ever make the playoffs, wins the superbowl"

and thats what im saying

This is the EXACT **** people were saying about the Giants last year. It's clear all the comments made just stand out to you more now since it's your team involved.

The Cardinals are NOT the biggest underdog to play in a Super Bowl. Put that on your "plack".

Hausen
02-01-2009, 12:17 AM
I can guarantee you that more people thought the Giants and Patriots were the biggest underdogs in history.

yeah people have really been laughing at the Giants for 60 years (accept for a couple pesky years (3 to be exact) where they won the superbowl....

The Cards were 45 to 1 at the start of the season to win the Super Bowl. Not great, but there have been plenty of bigger longshots that have made it.

name one

This is the EXACT **** people were saying about the Giants last year. It's clear all the comments made just stand out to you more now since it's your team involved.

yeah your totally right

Giants history and Cardinals history is almost identical (accept for the Giants 3 superbowl rings), yeah almost identical

dude, the cardinals are historically the worst team in the NFL. For them to be in the superbowl is outrageous and also makes them the biggest underdogs

the reason any doubt was cast on the Giants, was because they were going up against the undefeated Patriots, it had nothing to do with the Giants

It doesnt matter who the Cards would be playing, we could be playing the lions or jets and we'd still be the biggest underdogs in history because of our dismal history

whos that baseball team that hasnt won in 100 years (cubs?), this is the equivilant of that and your saying "ooooh meh mreh , its not a big deal" ?fail

kethnaab
02-01-2009, 12:28 AM
oh christ people, just let Hausen believe whatever he wants. His mind is made up, he doesn't want to hear anything other than what he wants to hear

"Hausen, the Cards are the biggest underdogs in history"

happy?

good.

now STFU, please.

Greg1983
02-01-2009, 12:38 AM
yeah people have really been laughing at the Giants for 60 years (accept for a couple pesky years (3 to be exact) where they won the superbowl....

What happened with totally different rosters has no bearing on how big of an underdog the current team is.

name one

Sorry but I don't have a full collection of early super bowl lines from every season at my disposal. But I can pretty much guarantee going into the 2001 season the Patriots had a worse line, coming off a 5-11 season. Compare this to the Cards who were 8-8 last season.

yeah your totally right

Giants history and Cardinals history is almost identical (accept for the Giants 3 superbowl rings), yeah almost identical

dude, the cardinals are historically the worst team in the NFL. For them to be in the superbowl is outrageous and also makes them the biggest underdogs

Again, previous rosters have absolutely no relevance. If the 49ers were in the Super Bowl right now, would that be any less amazing because Joe Montana won some Super Bowls in the 80s?

the reason any doubt was cast on the Giants, was because they were going up against the undefeated Patriots, it had nothing to do with the Giants

Sure it does. If the Cowboys made it last year they wouldn't have been nearly the underdogs the Giants were. Eli was the laughing stock of the league for most of that season, and that team limped into the playoffs with injuries. Although seeing as how you became a football fan a few weeks ago when the Cards beat the Falcons, I wouldn't expect you to remember this.

It doesnt matter who the Cards would be playing, we could be playing the lions or jets and we'd still be the biggest underdogs in history because of our dismal history

I'm not even going to comment on this.

whos that baseball team that hasnt won in 100 years (cubs?), this is the equivilant of that and your saying "ooooh meh mreh , its not a big deal" ?fail

And guess what. The Cubs were NOT underdogs against the Dodgers in the playoffs. Because everyone felt their current roster was better.

bassing68
02-01-2009, 12:56 AM
oh christ people, just let Hausen believe whatever he wants. His mind is made up, he doesn't want to hear anything other than what he wants to hear

"Hausen, the Cards are the biggest underdogs in history"

happy?

good.

now STFU, please.

I wonder what he will say when the Scare-azonia Barfinals with Dirt Warner get plowed under by The Men of Steel.