PDA

View Full Version : Losing Fat-Stretch Marks

sim6
01-30-2009, 12:48 AM
Ive lost about 30 lbs in the last 5 months...and ive developed these nasty stretch marks on my belly and my lower back....ive also started lifting weights and i get them on my arms and around my pits....

any1 know how to cure/treat/get rid of these stretch marks?

obesebeast
01-30-2009, 02:13 AM
time

i've got em as well...we're young so eventually they'll go away...I hope :(

Amandarose531
01-30-2009, 06:53 AM
Not sure that it's SUPER effective, but cocoa butter lotion has benefits.

A lot of the time they come in large jars marketed toward pregnant women, might give that a try but other then that just time.

rat_boy
01-30-2009, 06:58 AM
I lost 100lbs in a year I did it way to quick and have a tiny bit of sag on my belly below the belly button hopefully it will tighten up. I also have stretch marks but they are that visable

dbluegoat
01-30-2009, 07:00 AM
honestly i dont think they ever go away......

Amandarose531
01-30-2009, 07:02 AM
Nah they do, it's more of a come and go thing. They'll lighten on their own as time goes but they wont FULLY go you're right and if he ever loses weight then gains it back they'll come right back. If nothing else just make sure you're keeping your skin hydrated etc. so it can maintain full elasticity.

AB_RIGGER
01-30-2009, 07:19 AM
A friend of mine just opened up a non surgical treatment place and her machine is from a company called beauty tech or something along those lines. She has had amazing results zapping away her stretch marks from 4 kids. It's expensive though it costs like 2400 for 12 full sessions. Most of her marks were gone after only a couple though.

th3pwn3r
01-30-2009, 07:22 AM
A friend of mine just opened up a non surgical treatment place and her machine is from a company called beauty tech or something along those lines. She has had amazing results zapping away her stretch marks from 4 kids. It's expensive though it costs like 2400 for 12 full sessions. Most of her marks were gone after only a couple though.

Sounds awesome. I've had stretch marks since like age 15 from changing shape too much and I tried cocoa butter for a year and it did nothing and that stuff makes me feel so greasy and dirty. If you keep growing I doubt cocoa butter will do anything since you're still stretching your skin out.

NorthernMist
01-30-2009, 07:33 AM

Thats alot of money though, I would rather just hit a tatto place and get tatts to cover them up haha. But thats just me

auron990
01-30-2009, 08:06 AM
CoCo butter does help. Just get the stuff that women rub on their bellies when they are pregnant. Eventually they will turn the same color as your skin and become barely noticeable.

2.0Tsunami
01-30-2009, 08:09 AM
it probably just fades them

There is not a way to completely remove stretch marks..they will fade over time and become less noticeable but will always be there

phoenixr2
01-30-2009, 08:22 AM
a constant motivator to stay in your improved and healthier state, is the way I see it. Live and learn, Not much you can do about it. They do fade over time. They are what they are. Some people get them from putting on too much weight too quick, some people get them from taking off weight too quick.

conwaylucas
01-30-2009, 08:38 AM
cocoa butter and vitamin E oil on the stretch marks.

plus drink plenty of water to keep hydrated.

I have noticed the above has faded mine pretty well.

Also the more direct way is to go tan.... it makes them less sightly but you must be careful when tanning to keep your skin hydrated or you could worsen the problem

sim6
01-30-2009, 10:55 AM
thanks guys just bought some cocoa butter lotion hopefully it will help me a bit :/

UNIVERSITYofHUGE
01-30-2009, 11:01 AM
thanks guys just bought some cocoa butter lotion hopefully it will help me a bit :/

I know this is a big deal to some people, but not me really.......all of mine are lighter in color now but they are everywhere (lost over 100lbs)........personally i would rather have them stretch marks then a huge gut and man cans but that's just me.

I also have them on my arms from gaining muscle......which i dont' mind at all :)

seriouslifter
01-30-2009, 11:04 AM
there warrior marks be proud i have them everywhere

kowabungakyle
01-30-2009, 11:19 AM
coco butter alone is worthless. You need palmers stretchmark cream with coco butter, check your local drug store, its for pregnant women. You need to apply it twice daily, perferably after a shower when your skin will soak it up.

Also you must lose weight, sorry it wont work if you continue to eat like a fatty.

A experimental thing im trying now is using the actual fresh leaves and juice from aloe vera plant. Alo Vera has long been known to cure sun burn as well as being natures natural lotion, so I will report back with my findings.

Plus it's cheap and I have a huge aloe vera plant in the back yard

so far most of my stretch marks have turned white and are fading very fast. It may take awhile for them to fade completely, but like with anything else in fat loss, patience and time is key

injured44
01-30-2009, 11:37 AM
just get a tan

alot of people have them so dont pout about them

braddd
01-30-2009, 12:31 PM
I have had them for about 5 years now, after losing 150lb.... they haven't dimmed or gone away at all

Brian_I
01-30-2009, 01:16 PM
I've dropped 12 inches around my belly and used to have some pretty horrific red stretch marks all over. Now that I'm starting to stabilize, the marks are still there but have faded to where they blend in with my skin a lot more.

I've heard really good things about the new Palmer's new formula for stretch marks but have yet to try it.

Cosworth1977
01-30-2009, 01:43 PM

No way, really! I didn't think there was a way to get rid of those nasty fat reminders?!?

Stretch marks are basically scars of where the skin has been stretched beyond its natural elasticity. They never go away but the redness does fade.

I've got many and they do bother me, as well as loose skin, but with the fading they aren't so bad. Its more bothersome for me as my Missus has had our beautiful daughter and not a single stretch mark in sight... The cow!

Genetics my friend :)

dbluegoat
01-30-2009, 05:47 PM
I know this is a big deal to some people, but not me really.......all of mine are lighter in color now but they are everywhere (lost over 100lbs)........personally i would rather have them stretch marks then a huge gut and man cans but that's just me.
:)
agree with that 110%