PDA

View Full Version : man boobs!

djbuilder
01-28-2009, 03:48 PM
well, i was extremely overweight in highschool, after graduation i began using ephedra and worked out like a wildman, after about a years time, i dropped 95 lbs, i was 6'4 at 190lbs. i was semi toned, however i did mostly cardio, and i still had fat in my chest, i rarely lifted, well its 10 yrs later, back at 245, started lifting, doing cardio, and back on ephedra, ive been working out for three weeks and eating right, and dropped about 6 lbs. however, i was wondering what i need to do to lose my female-ish chest, in a shirt i look like i just bench alot, but without, it looks bad, anyone have any ideas? like i said even at 190, and 6'4 it didnt look right, and i was a toothpick, please any help would be greatly appreciated, or anyones personal experience........

Brian_I
01-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Sounds like gyno. You need to drop as much fat as you can and then you'll see how much of it was fat and what is actually tissue (what you can't get rid of on your own). You may have to go the surgical route depending on how you are composed.

Definitely building a strong "upper" chest will help to even out some variations of gyno and make it less noticeable. As you stated, with a tshirt on it looks like you have pecs so if all else fails, just wear tshirts all the time.

obesebeast
01-28-2009, 04:16 PM
hit your chest once a week in all 3 areas...upper/lower/middle

incline dumbbell press + flies for upper
flat dumbbell press + flies for mid
decline push-ups + parallel bar dips for lower

I dropped 100lbs in the past year...went from boobs to pecs...lovin it

I'll do all 6 of those once a week in a hypertrophy routine(5x15) for each exercise. Do that for a month then switch it up to a 5x5 routine(increasing weight with each set) and switch to barbells....confuse your body...never let it guess whats coming

djbuilder
02-07-2009, 12:17 PM
hey, thanks for the tips guys, ive been more chest excercises recently, and have noticed a little difference, it seems to be starting to work, ill keep you updated, thx again......

fatboyslim420
02-07-2009, 12:27 PM
hey, thanks for the tips guys, ive been more chest excercises recently, and have noticed a little difference, it seems to be starting to work, ill keep you updated, thx again......

i feel ya man. i got them too. you will hear on here that theres no way to 'spot tone', or specificaly lose fat in one area. more than likely if its not gyno, its just excess fat (like me). all you really can do is hit the gym hard and lower your overall fat% in your body. eventually when other areas of the bodys fat are used up, they will go to. what ive been doing, since it will take a while to lose that fat, is just do a lot of chest workout. (bench press, stationary press, flys, and my favorite, freeweight dumbell flys). it makes them more tone and builds muscle so there not just tits. it makes them flatter and noticably muscular, rather than flab. i personnally think the best one is to lay on your back on a bench with weights and do flys that way. i have good results that way.

good luck

obesebeast
02-07-2009, 12:35 PM
yea, DB flies > pec dec

plus I know some people who have torn a muscle with the pec dec...not to say it doesnt happen with free weight flies

badguy
02-07-2009, 12:53 PM
Pictures would help the most.

Brandon1986
02-07-2009, 01:56 PM
Judging by the pics in my bodyspace would you guys say I have gyno? I weigh 197lbs around 20% body fat I'm currently on a diet so I'm trying to cut the body fat down so I will know for sure but by the looks of it I do. I used to weigh 280lbs I didn't start lifting until I got down to about 210-220 I lost most of the weight by eating healthy and running.

fatboyslim420
02-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Judging by the pics in my bodyspace would you guys say I have gyno? I weigh 197lbs around 20% body fat I'm currently on a diet so I'm trying to cut the body fat down so I will know for sure but by the looks of it I do. I used to weigh 280lbs I didn't start lifting until I got down to about 210-220 I lost most of the weight by eating healthy and running.

im not a docter, but i would say yeah. like me, i have boobs that look like that, but my stomache and other areas are just as bad. you dont have that much gut or arm fat, just lots of breast. they look pretty plump too :/

i would do some research and maybe ask a doctor for professional opinion.

Brandon1986
02-07-2009, 02:20 PM
im not a docter, but i would say yeah. like me, i have boobs that look like that, but my stomache and other areas are just as bad. you dont have that much gut or arm fat, just lots of breast. they look pretty plump too :/

i would do some research and maybe ask a doctor for professional opinion.

Thanks for the honest response man and not bashing/making fun of me like others have.

fatboyslim420
02-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the honest response man and not bashing/making fun of me like others have.

thats the last thing i would do. im talking from experience when i was posting. i know how it is. i used to roll around in 100 degree heat in a an undershirt, t-shirt, and a sweatshirt in an attempt at hiding my moobs. i know how it is. i didnt go swimming once the past couple years. too self conscious. so yah, i feel ya.

its one of the main reasons im doing this. tired of the excess fat, especially when it effects my life and makes it so im uncomfortable.

Type_X
02-07-2009, 06:25 PM
im not a docter

that's shocking...:confused: :rolleyes:

:D

fatboyslim420
02-07-2009, 06:44 PM
that's shocking...:confused: :rolleyes:

:D

but if i didnt put the disclaimer in there, i would get a similar response, except it would be "how would you know, your not a doctor". so either way, im burnt.

;)

Djin
02-07-2009, 06:58 PM
well, i was extremely overweight in highschool, after graduation i began using ephedra and worked out like a wildman, after about a years time, i dropped 95 lbs, i was 6'4 at 190lbs. i was semi toned, however i did mostly cardio, and i still had fat in my chest, i rarely lifted, well its 10 yrs later, back at 245, started lifting, doing cardio, and back on ephedra, ive been working out for three weeks and eating right, and dropped about 6 lbs. however, i was wondering what i need to do to lose my female-ish chest, in a shirt i look like i just bench alot, but without, it looks bad, anyone have any ideas? like i said even at 190, and 6'4 it didnt look right, and i was a toothpick, please any help would be greatly appreciated, or anyones personal experience........

This is what happens to most men who drop a lot of weight. I'm 6'3" and got down to 175lbs and had a stomach (you could SEE the stretched out skin) and my chest was like a fat girls.

Also chest and stomach are the last to go in men. It's our gentics. I then started to bulk, and NO ****... it started to go away.

Lay off the ephedra, work out hard, eat clean foods and lift. Also do dips to help the lower chest. I found this works well.

Djin
02-07-2009, 07:07 PM

I had my chest checked out, and the doctor said that since I was overweight for almost my whole life, and the amount of weight I lost and the speed I lost it at, it will take time for the skin to tighten.

I went from 245lbs to 175lbs in less then a year (70lbs). I bulked back to 200lbs and that HELPED so much. Now I'm cutting back down and my chest is looking more like "pecs" now.

So don't fret. You didn't gain weight and man boobs over night... so just keep pressing, eat clean and when your bodyfat gets low, you'll start to see change.

Ignore the idiots.

glaranotch
02-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Pushups Pushups Pushups Pushups