PDA

View Full Version : Scared to try Hydroxycut

dianna2136
01-27-2009, 11:52 AM
As much as I would like to try Hydroxycut Max, and try to lose weight, I'm scared that as soon as I stop using them the weight will find itself right back on me, not to mention be addicted to the extra energy it gives out. I don't want to fall for advertisement scams, but I know Hydroxycut is a big name... so my question is; As soon as I lose the weight and decide to stop taking them, will I gain weight again and will I need caffeine to have energy? Honest answers from people not being paid to endorse...

Thanks!

reemas
01-27-2009, 12:02 PM
As much as I would like to try Hydroxycut Max, and try to lose weight, I'm scared that as soon as I stop using them the weight will find itself right back on me, not to mention be addicted to the extra energy it gives out. I don't want to fall for advertisement scams, but I know Hydroxycut is a big name... so my question is; As soon as I lose the weight and decide to stop taking them, will I gain weight again and will I need caffeine to have energy? Honest answers from people not being paid to endorse...

Thanks!

I'm just scared in general to try fat burners but I love the fact they exist. It's a mixed emotion something beautiful but dangerous as I see it. Right now I'm cutting and very increased cardio to burn approximately 800 cals x session 4 times a week with weight training 3 times a week. The whole point is the diet which I am strict but do not write a journal with the right amounts. Although with the help of hydroxycut I bet that in three weeks I'll be able to loose all the bf I need to. But...SCARED TO DEATH!!!

beaul
01-27-2009, 12:03 PM
you don't need them to lose weight. so, no you wont need them to keep the weight off. Smart diet and exercise will keep the weight off. If this is just a temporary fix, then yes the weight will come back on regardless of the method used.

mfreak
01-27-2009, 12:08 PM
I do not trust any sort of diet supplement. To loose weight and keep it off, its going to take a lifestyle change - unfortunately its not as easy as a pill.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
Enter your stats there to get your BMR.

Your BMR is the amount of calories you burn in a day excluding any type of phsyical activity.

After you have your BMR, its time to create a meal plan. The idea is to create a calorie deficit. This is a good article on basic nutrition:
http://www.iwantsixpackabs.com/articles/eating.html

There are also many good articles int he stickies here.

You also need to exercise daily. Light Cardio (power walking, biking etc) and some sort of strength training will go a long way. My mom and sister like pilates - you may want to give it a go.

NorthernMist
01-27-2009, 12:09 PM

Thanks!

I would have to say their is a good chance you will gain it back. The idea here to so not use these types of pills to lose weight but to learn through eating habits and exercise how to drop weight and keep it off. Unfortunately if you expect these pills to be a Miracle or do everything you, your unable to learn proper nutrition and as soon as you get off your back to point a. The best thing to do is read these forums and articles get your diet in check is number 1. Than if you want to help with the weight loss add cardio, I don't suggest taking any pills unless its just some caffeine in the morning.

I am telling you this from experience from people around me my GF's Mother always try's pills and miracle weight loss stuff and she never loses weight maybe a pound or 2 if that. Now it has gotten to the point where she needs to use a breather at night and gets upset with anyone around her who is able to lose weight.

Learn how to eat, save your money :)

Wish you the best of luck

Ted Nugent
01-27-2009, 12:11 PM
almost every "fat burner" out there is a gimmick. First of all they dont burn fat, the main ingredient is caffeine which just gives you more energy. You can save a hell of alot of money by drinking a cup of coffee and eating a bagel. I havent even touched caffeine never mind an overpriced "fatburning pill" and im losing fat just fine :)

NorthernMist
01-27-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm just scared in general to try fat burners but I love the fact they exist. It's a mixed emotion something beautiful but dangerous as I see it. Right now I'm cutting and very increased cardio to burn approximately 800 cals x session 4 times a week with weight training 3 times a week. The whole point is the diet which I am strict but do not write a journal with the right amounts. Although with the help of hydroxycut I bet that in three weeks I'll be able to loose all the bf I need to. But...SCARED TO DEATH!!!

If fat burners work alone would their be obese people? Is their anyone you know that was overweight and the only thing they did was take some fat burners and now they are in shape?

Just does not happen, and the people that use them on these forums typicaly use them when they get to a low BF range and are trying to burn off the last bit of fat / water weight no a 100% sure.

Not saying it will now help, just that if should not be your #1 weapon in your arsenal of losing weight.

halfabrotha
01-27-2009, 12:20 PM

Thanks!

I did not have a problem taking Hydroxycut. I only used it for the duration of one 120 cap. bottle. I did not experience any side effects while I was taking this product and did not feel I "needed" it after I was done. This might be because I handle caffeine pretty well, so if you are sensitive it may be a bit different.

I saw consistent weight loose and found that while working out a had a lot more energy. While I was taking Hydroxycut I did cut down on the cardio and focused more on lifting.

All that said, I've found that I am seeing much better results now that I am really focusing on my diet and tracking everything I am consuming. A couple of weeks ago I even started using http://fitday.com so that I not only know my caloric intake but where my calories are coming from.

So give Hydroxycut a try (following the directs) but if you don't have your diet in check yet I would suggest doing that first.

Good luck!

reemas
01-27-2009, 01:34 PM
If fat burners work alone would their be obese people? Is their anyone you know that was overweight and the only thing they did was take some fat burners and now they are in shape?

Just does not happen, and the people that use them on these forums typicaly use them when they get to a low BF range and are trying to burn off the last bit of fat / water weight no a 100% sure.

Not saying it will now help, just that if should not be your #1 weapon in your arsenal of losing weight.

Dude I'm at 13% bf +o- and I just need to get to 9%. After that I need to seriously start bulking. So mine is more of a optional :)

NorthernMist
01-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Dude I'm at 13% bf +o- and I just need to get to 9%. After that I need to seriously start bulking. So mine is more of a optional :)

first thing grats on the low bf%

second keep up the good work

and I ment to respond to the OP in my quote responce :)

Mateo1
01-27-2009, 05:42 PM
I her good things about Controlled Lab's REDuction.