PDA

View Full Version : Night Time Protein Shakes

Vartuli
01-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Hi all,

I have a query regarding protein shakes that i have at night.

Do you guys have yours right before you go to bed or about 30 minutes prior?

I have always had mine right before i go to bed. I have noticed that i feel bloated in bed.

What are your thoughts?

befamous7
01-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Hmm I've read that you should forget about protein shakes before bed because they will just store as fat, I could be wrong though.

THE_TRUTH86
01-26-2009, 05:02 PM
eat cottage cheese and peanut butter

Ethan Carr
01-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Hmm I've read that you should forget about protein shakes before bed because they will just store as fat, I could be wrong though.

Source?

I always have my protein shake w/ 2 tbsp of natural peanut butter before bed.

befamous7
01-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Source?

I always have my protein shake w/ 2 tbsp of natural peanut butter before bed.

Naw man I don't have a source but its just something I've heard. I'm not saying it doesn't work or isn't good to do. I just said I thought it gets stored as fat.

dinger8
01-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Hi all,

I have always had mine right before i go to bed. I have noticed that i feel bloated in bed.

What are your thoughts?
dont drink it so fast

kylerpointer
01-26-2009, 05:45 PM
At least 30 minutes before bed. And take Casein, for it breaks down a lot slower that Whey

in10city
01-26-2009, 06:43 PM

You are. Not likely to incur a net effect unless you're exceeding your caloric needs for the day.

OP - you don't need to drink it immediately before bed. If it makes you feel uncomfortable, use less fluid, or drink it an hour or two or whatever earlier. You won't waste away overnight if you not brushing the fresh casein off your teeth.

IamJonsCranium
01-26-2009, 07:03 PM
eat cottage cheese and peanut butter

Yeah, one of the best things for nightime protein since it's high in casein. And you won't get bloated from it.

Protein can put fat on if you aren't breaking down muscle. Otherwise your body will use it to repair.

The fast at night helps keep your metabolism regulated. There is a chance you could slow your rate by eating at night. As with all things, I cycle every month.

svillasenor
01-26-2009, 07:41 PM
I did this one last night and it put me straight to bed...

1 cup milk (heat in pot 1st)

------
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 tbsp of almond butter
2 tbsp of Hershey sugar free coco syrup
1 tsp of cinnamon
3 strawberries
1 scoop of ON Pro Complex
serv. of BCAA powder
serv. of Glutamine powder

----
add all ingredients into blender, then add hot milk, blend, and enjoy.

labradarep
01-26-2009, 08:51 PM
Hi all,

What are your thoughts?

If you feel bloated drinking it right before bed then start drinking it 30 minutes before bed and see how that works for you.