PDA

View Full Version : I Know its been beaten to death..

Laxer311
01-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Look i know its been beaten to death but if your on a cut but your reps and lifts keep going up, though slowly, but are going up arn't you building muscele, or is it just making those exisiting musceles stronger.

I understand the whole bulk to build muscele, cut to lose the fat, calories in vs calories out but the whole gaining strenght on a cut isn't that techincally building muscele im a bit confused.

KJR246
01-25-2009, 08:34 PM
Strength and size are a little different. Two people can be the same size and one can be plenty stronger. It's more about how you train,eat,etc. I believe strength has a lot to do with CNS,muscle density, and things like that.

Laxer311
01-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Put to make your musceles denser it would mean they are more compact therefore for them to remain the same size you would have to grow new muscele. (I completely agree with you but im just saying that if your strength goes up doesn't that mean your gaining muscele).

Laxer311
01-26-2009, 06:21 AM
bump

pushinplates
01-26-2009, 06:28 AM
I always heard your muscles will do three things: get bigger, get smaller, or maintain... but hey i could be wrong, i dunno, im no expert. And correct me if I'm wrong.

in10city
01-26-2009, 07:06 AM
Look i know its been beaten to death but if your on a cut but your reps and lifts keep going up, though slowly, but are going up arn't you building muscele, or is it just making those exisiting musceles stronger.

I understand the whole bulk to build muscele, cut to lose the fat, calories in vs calories out but the whole gaining strenght on a cut isn't that techincally building muscele im a bit confused.
Some strength increases are possible depending upon your experience level, how you're training, etc... The newer you are the more likely it will happen and you may even achieve muscle growth too. There will probably be an upper limit at some point though.

Strength improvements are related in part to improvements in neuromuscular / motor unit / muscle fiber activation and recruitment and not necessarily hypertrophy.

Flex500
01-26-2009, 07:46 AM
Put to make your musceles denser it would mean they are more compact therefore for them to remain the same size you would have to grow new muscele. (I completely agree with you but im just saying that if your strength goes up doesn't that mean your gaining muscele).
think about it like this....

There are some powerlifters that are the same weight for years and years and years and years and years...on purpose.

Yet over the course of those years they get insanely stronger. There are many factors involed in gaining strength besides getting bigger such as neurologic factors.

sunngodd
01-26-2009, 09:46 AM
your body can get stronger by getting more efficent at recruting muscle fibers without the muscle getting bigger

Paumen
01-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Just lift the same way you do when you bulk per se and you will be fine.

RanceB
01-26-2009, 10:35 AM
Bone density can also increase, tendons and ligaments get stronger too, and as posted above the muscle becomes more efficient/less lazy and increases the amount of fibres recruited to lift