PDA

View Full Version : *The Official Sports Section Crew Thread*

ChefPhalBignuts
01-22-2009, 05:56 PM
We're all like a family. There are people that other people don't like, but in this thread we are a family

So I introduce the newest, and probably best, crew on BB.com. You can pick which division(s) you're in: football, basketball, baseball, soccer, etc etc or you can just plain be an overall, but we all congregate in here :)

No flaming either. Intelligent discussions, arguments, and chat only please

And let it begin

SweetTouch
01-22-2009, 05:58 PM
I don't get it, but I'm in.

ChefPhalBignuts
01-22-2009, 05:59 PM
I don't get it, but I'm in.

Just go with it, brah. It's a new idea

Basically which sports you're good and comfortable talking about are your "divisions"

hbkfan
01-22-2009, 06:00 PM
I am in the football division crew. Thats my favorite sport its the only reason why I like winter.

SweetTouch
01-22-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm in the football, basketball, baseball, and synchronized swimming crews.

ChefPhalBignuts
01-22-2009, 06:04 PM
I am in the football division crew. Thats my favorite sport its the only reason why I like winter.

Then throw that **** in your sig or user title if you want

SuperAmmo
01-22-2009, 06:16 PM
Can there be a Cleveland division?

ApatoJay
01-22-2009, 06:19 PM
poop

hbkfan
01-22-2009, 06:23 PM
Just go with it, brah. It's a new idea

Basically which sports you're good and comfortable talking about are your "divisions"

Aight will do, so what do you guys think about the Ref's this year? I believe that they have done a horrible job this past season and something needs to be done.

ChefPhalBignuts
01-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Aight will do, so what do you guys think about the Ref's this year? I believe that they have done a horrible job this past season and something needs to be done.

We've all seen a lot of missed calls in the playoffs this season. And what's worse is the head ref for all refs, I dont know what his name or title is, is retiring this year after being the head for a long time so it might **** things up

hbkfan
01-22-2009, 06:29 PM
We've all seen a lot of missed calls in the playoffs this season. And what's worse is the head ref for all refs, I dont know what his name or title is, is retiring this year after being the head for a long time so it might **** things up

Yeah lets just hope Ed Hockle doesn't get the head ref title haha.

ChefPhalBignuts
01-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Yeah lets just hope Ed Hockle doesn't get the head ref title haha.

I think he's aight

He's pretty jacked for being old though lol

Blowsox13
01-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Hayyyyyy, watching some WVU basketball on ESPN.

hbkfan
01-22-2009, 06:39 PM
I think he's aight

He's pretty jacked for being old though lol

He really is the ref's have to stay in shape though because they are always running up and down the field also, but he screwed that call in san diego in week 2 so bad. He shouldn't have blown the whistle so soon.

hbkfan
01-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Hayyyyyy, watching some WVU basketball on ESPN.

I can't get into college basketball until march madness, I try to but its not the same for college football and NFL.

Blowsox13
01-22-2009, 06:42 PM
I can't get into college basketball until march madness, I try to but its not the same for college football and NFL.

Well what school did you go to?

hbkfan
01-22-2009, 06:44 PM
Well what school did you go to?

I went to a community college for my pre reqs however I am in the process of transferring to Baptist Health College to become a Radiologist. I do like Memphis State yes I know there name changed for basketball and I like Olemiss for football.

Blowsox13
01-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Every time we make a big play the people who live above me start jumping around and ****, mad loud.

kethnaab
01-22-2009, 06:49 PM
football!

Blowsox13
01-22-2009, 06:50 PM
I went to a community college for my pre reqs however I am in the process of transferring to Baptist Health College to become a Radiologist. I do like Memphis State yes I know there name changed for basketball and I like Olemiss for football.

You ever go to a game at ole miss?

I heard the grove is sweet.

New_York
01-22-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm in the New York Sports Section Crew.

Blowsox13
01-22-2009, 06:51 PM

How about transplanted NYer Sports Section Crew?

ChefPhalBignuts
01-22-2009, 06:51 PM

Aight I dig. Make your own divisions as long as we're in the Sports Crew

I'm revolutionizing the crew industry O_o

ChefPhalBignuts
01-22-2009, 06:53 PM
He really is the ref's have to stay in shape though because they are always running up and down the field also, but he screwed that call in san diego in week 2 so bad. He shouldn't have blown the whistle so soon.

Who would take over the position if Hoklee(sp?) doesn't though

New_York
01-22-2009, 06:53 PM
How about transplanted NYer Sports Section Crew?

I know right :(

Gotta love being placed in random states.

Aight I dig. Make your own divisions as long as we're in the Sports Crew

I'm revolutionizing the crew industry O_o

I dunno how this thing will work, lol

Blowsox13
01-22-2009, 06:54 PM
I know right :(

Gotta love being placed in random states.

I dunno how this thing will work, lol

Ya but i'm here by choice.

hbkfan
01-22-2009, 06:55 PM
You ever go to a game at ole miss?

I heard the grove is sweet.

Yes I've got a couple of buddies that go to school down there and whenever I go down there it is always fun. There are so many hot girls and there all cool and down to earth, totally different then girls in Memphis.

hbkfan
01-22-2009, 06:56 PM
Who would take over the position if Hoklee(sp?) doesn't though

Not really sure thats about the only ref I know about, I don't keep up with ref's that much.

New_York
01-22-2009, 06:59 PM
Ya but i'm here by choice.

Off topic but I drove through WV once and saw nothing but mountains and woods, and had no cell phone reception. Gave me the creeps.

but NY Sports Section Crew sounds cool, and anyone who is originally from NY should join! :D

ChefPhalBignuts
01-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Not really sure thats about the only ref I know about, I don't keep up with ref's that much.
I don't really know much about it either. I know Gerald Austin has been there almost 30 years. I would assume seniority would take that position

hbkfan
01-22-2009, 07:04 PM
I don't really know much about it either. I know Gerald Austin has been there almost 30 years. I would assume seniority would take that position

I am still mad about the miss delay of game with the Titans and Raven game it would have made it 3 and 8 instead of 3 and 3, but I guess theres nothing that I can do about it now. I am a Titans, Eagles, 49'rs fan. I know that it is 3 teams, but I couldn't pick one favorite.

ChefPhalBignuts
01-22-2009, 07:07 PM
I am still mad about the miss delay of game with the Titans and Raven game it would have made it 3 and 8 instead of 3 and 3, but I guess theres nothing that I can do about it now. I am a Titans, Eagles, 49'rs fan. I know that it is 3 teams, but I couldn't pick one favorite.

3 teams?! WTF happened? lol

As long as you like football I guess

=T Bone=
01-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Sports fan in

Cfb- Bama
Cbb- Bama
Nfl- Zona,cowboys,Atlanta (dont keep up with Nfl much, but these teams have made me $$ in the past lulz)

sup brahs

ChefPhalBignuts
01-22-2009, 07:12 PM
This is the only thing I'll have to do in this section in 2 weeks :(

Blowsox13
01-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Off topic but I drove through WV once and saw nothing but mountains and woods, and had no cell phone reception. Gave me the creeps.

but NY Sports Section Crew sounds cool, and anyone who is originally from NY should join! :D

Morgantown is nice

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/149/408350617_5fc4b1d2b5.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flic2437265146_kr.com/3275/070c8b694e.jpg?v=0

http://oit.wvu.edu/ctec/images/oglebay.jpg

http://www.msnsportsnet.com/content/WVU****seum-1.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3024/2872088912_2e532ec50c.jpg?v=0

http://www.as.wvu.edu/soca/images/mountaineerfieldi.jpg

hbkfan
01-22-2009, 07:13 PM
3 teams?! WTF happened? lol

As long as you like football I guess

Well I have always been a Rice and Young, Montana fan so this what made me like the 49'rs way back when. I became a Titans fan when they were here in 1997?1998 as those were the first ever NFL games I went to and that made me a fan of them. The Eagles I like them because of Mcnab, I think he is the most under appreciated qb in the NFL.

ChefPhalBignuts
01-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Sports fan in

Cfb- Bama
Cbb- Bama
Nfl- Zona,cowboys,Atlanta (dont keep up with Nfl much, but these teams have made me $$ in the past lulz)

sup brahs

Chicken parmigiana, linguine, and then a Grizz snuff ;)

Dude this beer smells godly already after just 1 day of fermenting. I've still got two weeks till it's ready

ChefPhalBignuts
01-22-2009, 07:18 PM
http://www.as.wvu.edu/soca/images/mountaineerfieldi.jpg
How many can WVU's stadium hold?

Well I have always been a Rice and Young, Montana fan so this what made me like the 49'rs way back when. I became a Titans fan when they were here in 1997?1998 as those were the first ever NFL games I went to and that made me a fan of them. The Eagles I like them because of Mcnab, I think he is the most under appreciated qb in the NFL.
My uncle was at the playoff game this year in a box from his work lol. He called me after pissed as a mother ****er

I like McNabb too, and that's coming from a rival NFC East fan. I like his style and the way he plays. I wish he'd leave Philly so he could get some WRs and not have that burden on his head

Blowsox13
01-22-2009, 07:21 PM

My uncle was at the playoff game this year in a box from his work lol. He called me after pissed as a mother ****er

I like McNabb too, and that's coming from a rival NFC East fan. I like his style and the way he plays. I wish he'd leave Philly so he could get some WRs and not have that burden on his head

Originally built at 64,000 but they added luxury boxes and **** brought it down to 62,000. We have been 100+% capacity the past couple of years so expansion is in the works.

We're just such a small state, on gameday Mountaineer Field is the largest city in the state.

hbkfan
01-22-2009, 07:26 PM

I think Jackson is a great WR and will have another great year next year, but I think the superbowl next year will be the Cowboys and Patriots you heard it hear first.

ChefPhalBignuts
01-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally built at 64,000 but they added luxury boxes and **** brought it down to 62,000. We have been 100+% capacity the past couple of years so expansion is in the works.

We're just such a small state, on gameday Mountaineer Field is the largest city in the state.

That's small compared to other stadiums, but the biggest I've been to is the Utes Rice Eccles which holds around 45k and it's crazy as **** there. I can't imagine any more lol

I did go to a BYU game back when I was like 6, which can hold 65k, but I don't remember it

Blowsox13
01-22-2009, 07:29 PM
That's small compared to other stadiums, but the biggest I've been to is the Utes Rice Eccles which holds around 45k and it's crazy as **** there. I can't imagine any more lol

I did go to a BYU game back when I was like 6, which can hold 65k, but I don't remember it

We're famous for some pretty bad ****....

One example was someone threw a garbage can at the Miami Hurricanes back in the day hit Shannon in the head when he was an asst.

ChefPhalBignuts
01-22-2009, 07:30 PM
I think Jackson is a great WR and will have another great year next year, but I think the superbowl next year will be the Cowboys and Patriots you heard it hear first.

I like the Boys prediction, but with everything going on right now I don't know, bro. Wade needs out for a coach with a backbone so he can get these bitches in line

OR Ray Lewis ;) He'll get those ****ers in line

hbkfan
01-22-2009, 07:33 PM
I like the Boys prediction, but with everything going on right now I don't know, bro. Wade needs out for a coach with a backbone so he can get these bitches in line

OR Ray Lewis ;) He'll get those ****ers in line

Ray to the boys would be sweet, and maybe he would get T.O in check.

ChefPhalBignuts
01-22-2009, 07:34 PM
We're famous for some pretty bad ****....

One example was someone threw a garbage can at the Miami Hurricanes back in the day hit Shannon in the head when he was an asst.

lol nice

When Utah played Wyoming I almost got arrested in Wyoming for fighting some ******* who ran in to me on purpose I think and then got pissed at me. Needless to say he was thrown in to a wall and security got me, but arrested him cause they saw him run in to me first

Utah absolutely murdered them and they were all pissed. I think we took the starters out around the middle of the second quarter lol

percussion8903
01-22-2009, 07:49 PM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/Rstokes/Various%20pics/varsitycrew3zt.jpg

The Michael Jordan of Soccer, Nfl, Tennis, Nba, MLB, and Hockey right here.

jkeithc82
01-22-2009, 07:52 PM
I am eagerly anticipating Fantasy Baseball. :D

I fancy myself to fantasy baseball as kethnaab is to fantasy football. :D

ChefPhalBignuts
01-22-2009, 07:53 PM

Is fantasy baseball just like football? You pick offensive players and a teams defense?

jkeithc82
01-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Is fantasy baseball just like football? You pick offensive players and a teams defense?

Sort of, only you have position players and pitchers. No "team defense" or anything like that.

ChefPhalBignuts
01-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Sort of, only you have position players and pitchers. No "team defense" or anything like that.

WTF? So how does that work?

What stats give points and take them away?

BMatt
01-22-2009, 08:00 PM
Football, Baseball, and Basketball. The usual i guess around here lol

bbacn123
01-22-2009, 08:04 PM

x2. Im ready for fantasy baseball too

bbacn123
01-22-2009, 08:06 PM

You dont really get points. You try to win each category each week against whoever you are matched up against. So the winner of the RBI category gets a point, and the winner of the HR category gets a point, etc. There's a ton of different stats you can choose to set it up.

You can kind of think of it as wins and losses per category if you want. And whoever has the best winning percentage is the winner at the end.

jkeithc82
01-22-2009, 08:06 PM

In a typical 5x5 type league it would be split into batting and pitching.

Stats for batting include

Batting Average
Runs
Homeruns
RBI
Stolen Bases

And Pitching

ERA
Wins
Strikeouts
WHIP
Saves

jkeithc82
01-22-2009, 08:07 PM
You dont really get points. You try to win each category each week against whoever you are matched up against. So the winner of the RBI category gets a point, and the winner of the HR category gets a point, etc. There's a ton of different stats you can choose to set it up.

Well this is for head to head, but in rotisserie leagues it just goes by totals.

I personally do not like baseball head to head.

bbacn123
01-22-2009, 08:12 PM
Well this is for head to head, but in rotisserie leagues it just goes by totals.

I personally do not like baseball head to head.

That is true. Then it's just a ranking system which is pretty simple to understand. I usually play one of both.

jkeithc82
01-22-2009, 08:14 PM
That is true. Then it's just a ranking system which is pretty simple to understand. I usually play one of both.

I'm thinking of getting 2 teams to start and maybe getting a mid-season team.

My days of getting 5+ teams are over lol.

Blowsox13
01-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Jkeith you should just draft Yankees at every position, you will win your league i promise.

jkeithc82
01-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Jkeith you should just draft Yankees at every position, you will win your league i promise.

I'd lose in pitching. :p

Blowsox13
01-22-2009, 08:22 PM
I'd lose in pitching. :p

F youuuuuuuuuuuu our staff is A+ this year.

jkeithc82
01-22-2009, 08:26 PM
F youuuuuuuuuuuu our staff is A+ this year.

Truth be told though, when it comes to fantasy any affiliations or hatred I have towards any player or team is gone. Its about stats and feelings about teams or individual players go out the window. There are several Yankees I wouldn't mind having this season.

However although it wouldn't be the end of the world, I'd consider having Jeter at SS a slight weakness in fantasy. I'd be fine if I had him, but his fantasy numbers have been on the decline for the past few years.

SpeedDemon9
01-22-2009, 08:36 PM
x2. Im ready for fantasy baseball too

x3 Fantasy Baseball needs to hurry the f*ck up and get here.

SpeedDemon9
01-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Truth be told though, when it comes to fantasy any affiliations or hatred I have towards any player or team is gone. Its about stats and feelings about teams or individual players go out the window. There are several Yankees I wouldn't mind having this season.

However although it wouldn't be the end of the world, I'd consider having Jeter at SS a slight weakness in fantasy. I'd be fine if I had him, but his fantasy numbers have been on the decline for the past few years.

I finally went with this and drafted "Big Papi" and he really let me down :(

robogain
01-22-2009, 08:41 PM
ha iguys

Negatron617
01-22-2009, 08:42 PM
in on whaler rep trading

jkeithc82
01-22-2009, 08:43 PM
I finally went with this and drafted "Big Papi" and he really let me down :(

I think he let a lot of people down.

I didn't have him on any team last season.

Blowsox13
01-22-2009, 08:45 PM
in on whaler rep trading

you would be...

hbkfan
01-22-2009, 08:51 PM
I think a whaler should give me a green m and m if so I would look like this.

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp74/wesleybarrasso/homer-drool.jpg

SpeedDemon9
01-22-2009, 08:57 PM
I think he let a lot of people down.

I didn't have him on any team last season.

I made the mistake of changing the way I drafted and it cost me in the long run. After placing 1st and 2nd the past couple of years I went with hitters instead of pitching. I was able to place 3rd in my money league with this, but this year it is back to the winning formula of pitching.

jkeithc82
01-22-2009, 09:00 PM
I made the mistake of changing the way I drafted and it cost me in the long run. After placing 1st and 2nd the past couple of years I went with hitters instead of pitching. I was able to place 3rd in my money league with this, but this year it is back to the winning formula of pitching.

A lot of people will tell you not to rank pitching that high and that good pitchers can always be had on the free agent or waiver wire. I've always gone against this philosophy and my teams are always pitcher heavy. This works out because one or more can always be dealt for hitting if needbe.

SpeedDemon9
01-22-2009, 09:02 PM
A lot of people will tell you not to rank pitching that high and that good pitchers can always be had on the free agent or waiver wire. I've always gone against this philosophy and my teams are always pitcher heavy. This works out because one or more can always be dealt for hitting if needbe.

I'm the same way and feel it works best for me. I always pick up starters/relievers under the radar and they always turn into diamonds in the rough.

New_York
01-23-2009, 03:43 AM
New York Sports Crew checkin in before hitting the gym ;)

joeflex73
01-23-2009, 03:57 AM
Yo!

DAVEZILLA
01-23-2009, 04:34 AM
Football(no soccer)......bishes

hbkfan
01-23-2009, 07:46 AM
whats going on Sports Crew

Whats everyone picks for this year superbowl? I think even though I know that defense wins champions and the Steelers have the best defense in the league I believe that the Cardinals will win. The reason why I think this is that I believe Kurt Warner will have an amazing game.

jkeithc82
01-23-2009, 07:55 AM
whats going on Sports Crew

Whats everyone picks for this year superbowl? I think even though I know that defense wins champions and the Steelers have the best defense in the league I believe that the Cardinals will win. The reason why I think this is that I believe Kurt Warner will have an amazing game.

I'm jumping on the Cards bandwagon for one game. I like seeing underdogs and surprise teams win. I like parody.

Blowsox13
01-23-2009, 08:52 AM
I live 45 min from Pittsburgh and there are far too many Steelers/Pens fans here.

Go cards!

hbkfan
01-23-2009, 08:53 AM
I'm jumping on the Cards bandwagon for one game. I like seeing underdogs and surprise teams win. I like parody.

I just don't like the steelers, if the titans woulda beat the ravens. I think we would have beat the steelers.

Blowsox13
01-23-2009, 08:59 AM
I just don't like the steelers, if the titans woulda beat the ravens. I think we would have beat the steelers.

They're so easy to hate aren't they?

hbkfan
01-23-2009, 09:12 AM
They're so easy to hate aren't they?

Yes they really are. I have just never liked them
People here in memphis love them I just don't understand.

ChefPhalBignuts
01-23-2009, 10:58 AM
I'm going with the Steelers actually. I think the Steelers can create enough pressure on Warner and get enough points on D

And I don't think the Cards D can stand up to the Steelers running game. Well, if they stick to their plans

ChefPhalBignuts
01-23-2009, 11:03 AM
I hit submit before I was done =/

The Eagles did pretty good in the second half when they blitzed. The Cards will change their scheme to compensate and virtually eliminate the running game

I'm sorry, I just think the Steelers D is too dynamic to be beaten in the SB

hublife
01-23-2009, 11:04 AM
As long as the TheDukeUSMC isn't in this thread I'm down with the whole "we're family" thing.

That f*cker negged me a couple days ago.

Huse
01-23-2009, 11:10 AM
arizona fo sho, as a pats fan it's impossible for me to root for the steelers

hublife
01-23-2009, 11:12 AM
I'm still calling it

Card's 28
Pitt 21

ChefPhalBignuts
01-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Oh **** lots of Cards love.....

Not saying anything.... but just saying. lol

robogain
01-24-2009, 01:11 AM
u hatin phal

SpiderSense
01-24-2009, 01:17 AM
For some strange reason I see Arizona winning.

fivas15
01-24-2009, 01:19 AM
Yo Phal is it foggy as fu.ck up in Ogden?

hbkfan
01-24-2009, 01:56 AM
Herman finally gets fired how do you guys feel about this.

CALLofDUTY
01-24-2009, 02:02 AM
If the Cards win I'll be in debt for about 2 months just sayin'. Basketball crewster up in dis shiat.

hbkfan
01-24-2009, 02:17 AM
I am finally about to be out of debt from picking the Eagles and Ravens each in 2 10 by 10 threads.

Pro_Shark
01-24-2009, 03:18 AM
In for the baseball crew.

And go Cards!

ChefPhalBignuts
01-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Yo Phal is it foggy as fu.ck up in Ogden?

Yeah! I couldn't even see past my hood when I was driving home last night. What the **** was that **** all about?

=T Bone=
01-24-2009, 03:36 PM
hows the brewing goin bro?

ChefPhalBignuts
01-24-2009, 03:39 PM
hows the brewing goin bro?

It's going amazing. I'm bottling it Monday night

I took a little sample from the built in tap this morning and it smells and tastes beautiful so far

fivas15
01-24-2009, 03:40 PM
Yeah! I couldn't even see past my hood when I was driving home last night. What the **** was that **** all about?

Yeah it was pretty fu.cking bull ****.

=T Bone=
01-24-2009, 04:05 PM
It's going amazing. I'm bottling it Monday night

I took a little sample from the built in tap this morning and it smells and tastes beautiful so far

Nice! you got me wanting to d that **** so bad lol

ChefPhalBignuts
01-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Nice! you got me wanting to d that **** so bad lol

I'm going to pick up the bottles from the brew shop right now

ChefPhalBignuts
01-24-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm going to pick up the bottles from the brew shop right now

I picked up a 5 gallon kit with my bottles lol

I just started some "Traditional American Premium Lager"

Fivas, is it still foggy there? It's still pretty bad over here

fivas15
01-24-2009, 06:53 PM

Nah but it's still icy here. I had to take my drivers test today. Sucked.

=T Bone=
01-24-2009, 06:57 PM

Cool

Post some pics when it's done of what it looks like and stuff.

ChefPhalBignuts
01-25-2009, 11:27 PM
I ****ing hate this time of year. I had to watch god damn CSI: Miami tonight because all that was on was basketball and hockey