2 St. Louis Andre Smith OT Alabama
3 Kansas City Mark Sanchez QB USC
4 Seattle Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech
5 Cleveland Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest
6 Cincinnati Jason Smith OT Baylor
7 Oakland Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri
8 Jacksonville Eugene Monroe OT Virginia
9 Green Bay Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio St.
10 San Francisco Aaron Maybin DE/OLB Penn St.
11 Buffalo Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma St.
12 Denver B.J. Raji DT Boston College
13 Washington Brian Orakpo DE Texas
14 New Orleans Vontae Davis CB Illinois
15 Houston Everette Brown DE Florida St.
16 San Diego Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia

can somebody with ESPN insider post the rest of the first round? i will rep, thanks.

thegenerel
01-22-2009, 12:24 PM
REP ME

1 Detroit Matthew Stafford QB Georgia
2 St. Louis Andre Smith OT Alabama
4 Seattle Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech
5 Cleveland Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest
6 Cincinnati Jason Smith OT Baylor
7 Oakland Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri
8 Jacksonville Eugene Monroe OT Virginia
9 Green Bay Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio St.
10 San Francisco Aaron Maybin DE/OLB Penn St.
11 Buffalo Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma St.
12 Denver B.J. Raji DT Boston College
13 Washington Brian Orakpo DE Texas
14 New Orleans Vontae Davis CB Illinois
15 Houston Everette Brown DE Florida St.
16 San Diego Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia
17 New York Jets Percy Harvin WR Florida
18 Chicago Tyson Jackson DE LSU
19 Tampa Bay Josh Freeman QB Kansas St.
20 Detroit (from Dallas) Rey Maualuga LB USC
21 Philadelphia Chris "Beanie" Wells RB Ohio St.
22 Minnesota Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina
23 New England Brian Cushing LB USC
24 Atlanta Larry English DE/OLB No. Illinois
25 Miami Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland
26 Baltimore D.J. Moore CB Vanderbilt
27 Indianapolis Peria Jerry DT Mississippi
28 Philadelphia (from Carolina) Michael Oher OT Mississippi
29 New York Giants James Laurinaitis LB Ohio St.
30 Tennessee Michael Johnson DE Georgia Tech
31 Arizona LeSean McCoy RB Pittsburgh
32 Pittsburgh Alex Mack C California

hublife
01-22-2009, 12:57 PM
There is no way in hell that Beanie is falling all the way to 20. I'm not a fan of his either.

Agallah Adams
01-22-2009, 12:58 PM
There is no way in hell that Beanie is falling all the way to 20. I'm not a fan of his either.

injuries.

batman15
01-22-2009, 01:06 PM

He'll make decent 3rd down back...he just gets hurt too much

Cramerica
01-22-2009, 01:08 PM
injuries.

Plus a variety of running problems and doesn't finish plays. That's about it for his cons.

Huse
01-22-2009, 01:08 PM
why is james laurinitis so low i remember him being top 10 last year

Cramerica
01-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Pretty spot on prediction by Mel Kiper, Jr.

While Matthew Stafford was still a junior in high school, Mel Kiper predicted that Matthew Stafford would be the first QB of his draft to go in the NFL.

He didn't say he'd be the first draft pick, but the first QB.

Cramerica
01-22-2009, 01:10 PM
why is james laurinitis so low i remember him being top 10 last year

They found out he's overrated.

Cramerica
01-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Why the **** would KC take Dirty Sanchez?

They've got enough issues to work out. Stick with Thigpen, he's fine, and get some other players and if you still need a QB next year, get one from that crop.

Cramerica
01-22-2009, 01:12 PM
Also, Houston with Mario Williams on one side and Everett Brown on the other side?

They could rack up some serious sacks.

hublife
01-22-2009, 01:19 PM
I think the absolute furthest he'll fall will be 19 or so. Then again if he doesn't run well forget I said anything.

johnny87
01-22-2009, 01:22 PM

They've got enough issues to work out. Stick with Thigpen, he's fine, and get some other players and if you still need a QB next year, get one from that crop.

i could see Sanchez being highly ranked before the draft and then fall down reaaaaaaaly far, kinda like Aaron Rodgers did in a weak QB draft class.

Cramerica
01-22-2009, 01:25 PM
i could see Sanchez being highly ranked before the draft and then fall down reaaaaaaaly far, kinda like Aaron Rodgers did in a weak QB draft class.

Yeah, I mean, I really don't see a big need for a lot of those teams to take a QB - one who is very questionable at that - at this time. I could see a lot of them going for other positions and feeling that he isn't very enticing anyways.

Ejjw18
01-22-2009, 01:38 PM
James Laurinaitis at 29? LOL

Agallah Adams
01-22-2009, 02:13 PM

if a guy on a message board is thinking this, surely Piolli and others are thinking this. Thigpen has gotten some good reviews around the league and critics, I wouldn't be surprised if they got him some help in the draft and waited until next year to pick up a QB from next year's qb draft class (which is going to be loaded in case they bomb and end up in the top 10 again lol). But if Dirty Sanchez falls, Mel Kiper said there's a strong chance he would go to San Fransisco which Mark Sanchez, i'm sure, would love more than anything. Shaun Hiill is decent, he just turned 29. We'll see what happens.

feardafronfz3
01-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Kiper is a complete fraud. Here are several of his "spot on" predictions:

* Kiper projected quarterback Jeff George of the University of Illinois as a mid-round pick, George selected as number 1 overall by the Indianapolis Colts. George's career was inconsistent and riddled with behavior-related problems. [5]

* Kiper projected Notre Dame quarterback Rick Mirer as the 30th pick; he was selected second overall by the Seattle Seahawks.[6] Though he showed some early promise, Mirer failed to develop and was finally benched during his fourth season. He spent the remaining eight years of his career with six different teams as a journeyman backup. [7]

* Among his failures, Kiper thought that Heisman Trophy winner and University of Houston quarterback Andre Ware would be an excellent NFL quarterback and a great match for the Detroit Lions-- Ware's tenure in the NFL was brief and inconspicuous. Ware is considered among the biggest busts in draft history.[8]

* In 1997, Kiper stated off the air in an interview with Chris Mortenson that Coastal Carolina offensive lineman Adam Steuer was a future hall of famer. Adam Steuer fell to pick 169 to the Buffalo Bills, and would go on to lead a dismal 2-year career, and was eventually cut. He is currently a High School football coach at Seaholm High School in Birmingham, Michigan.

* In 1999, Kiper said that Oregon quarterback Akili Smith would be a great NFL player and would finally provide the Cincinnati Bengals with the passer they'd lacked since Boomer Esiason. Smith was selected ahead of Daunte Culpepper, Torry Holt, Edgerrin James, Champ Bailey, and Jevon Kearse, but he spent less than four abysmal seasons in Cincinnati, starting only 17 games. He has since struggled in several brief stops in the NFL, NFL Europe, and the CFL. It's notable that Kiper rated Smith higher than Donovan McNabb and Culpepper, despite the facts that Smith only had 11 starts at the college level and had performed poorly on the Wonderlic aptitude tests administered at the NFL Combine, both of which are traditionally seen as important indicators of a quarterback's readiness for the NFL. Smith's career was marred by inconsistency and failure to grasp the complexities of the Bengals' playbook, issues which appear to have been foreshadowed by his lack of experience and low scores.

* One of Kiper's most well known mistakes was when he stated that USC wide receiver Mike Williams would be the best player in his 2005 draft class, despite not having played football in over a year after being ruled ineligible by the NCAA. When ESPN analyst Merril Hoge disagreed, Kiper uttered the now infamous line, "I'll see you at his Hall of Fame induction." Williams has been a remarkable disappointment, battling weight problems, playing very little and showing no signs of improvement with any of the three teams he's played for. Williams was unsigned after three years in the NFL as of 2008.

* In the 1995 Draft, Kiper proclaimed UCLA wide receiver JJ Stokes a "sure-thing" who was destined to be a future All-Pro. On draft day, Kiper lambasted several teams, including the New York Jets, for passing on Stokes until he was selected 10th overall by the San Francisco 49ers. Stokes spent an undistinguished 8 years in San Francisco in the shadows of Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens, never making a single Pro Bowl or even surpassing 770 yards receiving.

* In the same 1995 Draft, Kiper had rated BYU Quarterback John Walsh as a first round pick. Walsh declared for the draft after his Junior season and had an abysmal NFL combine where he ran a 5.3 forty yard dash and displayed a weak arm in workouts. Nonetheless, Kiper still rated Walsh as a late 1st/early 2nd round pick on the day of the draft and said he would be a perfect fit for a "West Coast Offense" team like the San Francisco 49ers because of his accuracy on short passes. Walsh slid all the way to the 7th round where he was finally taken by the Cincinnati Bengals. He never appeared in a single game for the quarterback needy Bengals and was out of football less than a year later.

* One example of Kiper getting a player correct in the 1995 draft was when he asserted that Notre Dame defensive back Bobby Taylor, a college free safety, would make an excellent cornerback in the NFL because of his ability to match up with larger wide receivers. Kiper had Taylor rated as one of his top 10 prospects in the draft, and though Taylor wasn't drafted until the 2nd round by the Philadelphia Eagles, he went on to have a long and distinguished career just as Kiper said he would.

* In 1998 Kiper said that Washington State Quarterback Ryan Leaf's "attitude" (which had rubbed teammates and coaches the wrong way in college) would be an asset in the NFL and give him a mental advantage over Peyton Manning. Kiper also said that Leaf had the better natural physical tools and would be a great quarterback, though he still rated Manning as the more polished and better overall prospect. Leaf was chosen second overall by the San Diego Chargers immediately after Manning. Leaf's career soon imploded, largely because of a confrontational attitude and poor practice habits that alienated teammates, coaches, and fans. He is now regarded as not only the worst bust in NFL draft history, but also possibly the biggest bust in all of professional sports.[9] His story is viewed as a cautionary tale of what can happen when a team attempts to build around a player with raw talent but questionable attitude.

* Before the 2001 NFL season, Kiper predicted the New England Patriots to go 0-16 and have the 1st pick in the 2002 NFL Draft. Instead, the Patriots went 11-5 and went on to win Super Bowl XXXVI against the St. Louis Rams

97srad750
01-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Kiper is a complete fraud. Here are several of his "spot on" predictions:

* Kiper projected quarterback Jeff George of the University of Illinois as a mid-round pick, George selected as number 1 overall by the Indianapolis Colts. George's career was inconsistent and riddled with behavior-related problems. [5]

* Kiper projected Notre Dame quarterback Rick Mirer as the 30th pick; he was selected second overall by the Seattle Seahawks.[6] Though he showed some early promise, Mirer failed to develop and was finally benched during his fourth season. He spent the remaining eight years of his career with six different teams as a journeyman backup. [7]

* Among his failures, Kiper thought that Heisman Trophy winner and University of Houston quarterback Andre Ware would be an excellent NFL quarterback and a great match for the Detroit Lions-- Ware's tenure in the NFL was brief and inconspicuous. Ware is considered among the biggest busts in draft history.[8]

* In 1997, Kiper stated off the air in an interview with Chris Mortenson that Coastal Carolina offensive lineman Adam Steuer was a future hall of famer. Adam Steuer fell to pick 169 to the Buffalo Bills, and would go on to lead a dismal 2-year career, and was eventually cut. He is currently a High School football coach at Seaholm High School in Birmingham, Michigan.

* In 1999, Kiper said that Oregon quarterback Akili Smith would be a great NFL player and would finally provide the Cincinnati Bengals with the passer they'd lacked since Boomer Esiason. Smith was selected ahead of Daunte Culpepper, Torry Holt, Edgerrin James, Champ Bailey, and Jevon Kearse, but he spent less than four abysmal seasons in Cincinnati, starting only 17 games. He has since struggled in several brief stops in the NFL, NFL Europe, and the CFL. It's notable that Kiper rated Smith higher than Donovan McNabb and Culpepper, despite the facts that Smith only had 11 starts at the college level and had performed poorly on the Wonderlic aptitude tests administered at the NFL Combine, both of which are traditionally seen as important indicators of a quarterback's readiness for the NFL. Smith's career was marred by inconsistency and failure to grasp the complexities of the Bengals' playbook, issues which appear to have been foreshadowed by his lack of experience and low scores.

* One of Kiper's most well known mistakes was when he stated that USC wide receiver Mike Williams would be the best player in his 2005 draft class, despite not having played football in over a year after being ruled ineligible by the NCAA. When ESPN analyst Merril Hoge disagreed, Kiper uttered the now infamous line, "I'll see you at his Hall of Fame induction." Williams has been a remarkable disappointment, battling weight problems, playing very little and showing no signs of improvement with any of the three teams he's played for. Williams was unsigned after three years in the NFL as of 2008.

* In the 1995 Draft, Kiper proclaimed UCLA wide receiver JJ Stokes a "sure-thing" who was destined to be a future All-Pro. On draft day, Kiper lambasted several teams, including the New York Jets, for passing on Stokes until he was selected 10th overall by the San Francisco 49ers. Stokes spent an undistinguished 8 years in San Francisco in the shadows of Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens, never making a single Pro Bowl or even surpassing 770 yards receiving.

* In the same 1995 Draft, Kiper had rated BYU Quarterback John Walsh as a first round pick. Walsh declared for the draft after his Junior season and had an abysmal NFL combine where he ran a 5.3 forty yard dash and displayed a weak arm in workouts. Nonetheless, Kiper still rated Walsh as a late 1st/early 2nd round pick on the day of the draft and said he would be a perfect fit for a "West Coast Offense" team like the San Francisco 49ers because of his accuracy on short passes. Walsh slid all the way to the 7th round where he was finally taken by the Cincinnati Bengals. He never appeared in a single game for the quarterback needy Bengals and was out of football less than a year later.

* One example of Kiper getting a player correct in the 1995 draft was when he asserted that Notre Dame defensive back Bobby Taylor, a college free safety, would make an excellent cornerback in the NFL because of his ability to match up with larger wide receivers. Kiper had Taylor rated as one of his top 10 prospects in the draft, and though Taylor wasn't drafted until the 2nd round by the Philadelphia Eagles, he went on to have a long and distinguished career just as Kiper said he would.

* In 1998 Kiper said that Washington State Quarterback Ryan Leaf's "attitude" (which had rubbed teammates and coaches the wrong way in college) would be an asset in the NFL and give him a mental advantage over Peyton Manning. Kiper also said that Leaf had the better natural physical tools and would be a great quarterback, though he still rated Manning as the more polished and better overall prospect. Leaf was chosen second overall by the San Diego Chargers immediately after Manning. Leaf's career soon imploded, largely because of a confrontational attitude and poor practice habits that alienated teammates, coaches, and fans. He is now regarded as not only the worst bust in NFL draft history, but also possibly the biggest bust in all of professional sports.[9] His story is viewed as a cautionary tale of what can happen when a team attempts to build around a player with raw talent but questionable attitude.

* Before the 2001 NFL season, Kiper predicted the New England Patriots to go 0-16 and have the 1st pick in the 2002 NFL Draft. Instead, the Patriots went 11-5 and went on to win Super Bowl XXXVI against the St. Louis Rams

While his hair stays perfect, he's never claimed to be. I like him and McShay.

Devian
01-22-2009, 02:47 PM
No way the Bolts draft a RB unless both Sproles and LT leave this offseason. Even then, they'd probably trade into a Michael Bush rather than draft yet another back.

If Rey Maualuga is available by pick 16...you can rest assured AJ will probably nab him to help complete a fantastic LB corps (assuming somehow the Chargers lure Peppers over as well)

BangBrahs
01-22-2009, 03:01 PM
I'd be stoked if the Lions come away with Stafford and Mauluga in the first round

rustov7
01-22-2009, 03:03 PM
I know the jags could use help up front, but they got some guys coming back from injury this upcoming season. The season before this, they were very good for the most part.

That being said, I think I would take a chance with the oft injured Percy Harvin and grab him so they got a WR that scare someone with speed... finally.

wsuwarrior
01-22-2009, 03:05 PM
His projection sucks ass IMO. Why would the Packers take a CB when they have Woodson and Tramon Williams? Besides the picked Pat Lee last season and also have Will Blackmon. That is retarded...Packers will take a LB or DT.

He has BJ Raji at #12 when he is rated top 3 overall and first at DT...Maualuga at #20?? What a frickin mess.

And also, Oher at #28...come on man. Ive watched him play at the Senior Bowl practices and he was dominating.

Cramerica
01-22-2009, 03:12 PM
I know the jags could use help up front, but they got some guys coming back from injury this upcoming season. The season before this, they were very good for the most part.

That being said, I think I would take a chance with the oft injured Percy Harvin and grab him so they got a WR that scare someone with speed... finally.

Good call with Harvin to Jacksonville.

I was trying to place him but couldn't think where. He could end up just being a specialty player and not seeing a whole lot of time, or he could be a Welker-like slot receiver.

He'll probably get hurt a lot -he's been hurt 3 times and that's in college - but he could be good when healthy.

Cramerica
01-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Maclin to the Raiders? I don't see that. Maybe.

Green Bay taking Jenkins? Why?

Tampa Bay? Josh Freeman? QB? Kansas St.?

blinkers88
01-22-2009, 03:20 PM
lol niners arent taking maybin with orakpo raji and brown still on the board

RavenStorm
01-22-2009, 03:20 PM
Uhhh...

Who the hell is Larry English? I've never even heard of him.

Cramerica
01-22-2009, 03:22 PM
lol niners arent taking maybin with orakpo raji and brown still on the board

That would be good because going by Kiper's picks, I'd rather the Redskins take Everette Brown than Orakpo.

Cramerica
01-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Uhhh...

Who the hell is Larry English? I've never even heard of him.

He's known for his pass rushing.

He won't go until 2nd round at best though. His size restricts him a lot.

cheerupemokid
01-22-2009, 03:36 PM
He's known for his pass rushing.

He won't go until 2nd round at best though. His size restricts him a lot.

Orakpo pulled out of the Senior Bowl and English replaced him. He's been tearing it up at the Senior Bowl, leading to speculation that he will sneak into the bottom of the 1st round.

Mike Mayock (Who is better than McShay and Kiper combined) has English rated as the number 5 prospect for DE's, right now.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80dff358&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

BeanieWells
01-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Lions are drafting a olineman and dlineman in the first round unless they want to have another 0-16 season.

Cramerica
01-22-2009, 03:47 PM
Orakpo pulled out of the Senior Bowl and English replaced him. He's been tearing it up at the Senior Bowl, leading to speculation that he will sneak into the bottom of the 1st round.

Mike Mayock (Who is better than McShay and Kiper combined) has English rated as the number 5 prospect for DE's, right now.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80dff358&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Yeah, I just got done reading up on him and they said his stock went up recently.

hbkfan
01-22-2009, 03:56 PM
KC- should draft crabtree. They have a good qb in Tyler, if they had an awesome WR he would be great just saying.

SpiderSense
01-22-2009, 04:10 PM
This is pretty meaningless IMO until the combine actually happen and are over.

SteezeFactory
01-22-2009, 04:12 PM
Mike Mayock > all other NFL draft analysts.

Everette Brown to Texas would be nasty. Mario Williams, a healthy Amobi Okoye (he is still young as hell), and E. Brown would be savage.

He could easily fall that low, very few teams need a RB after last years class. If he doesn't run a 4.4x at the combine his stock will drop, the 40 is completely overrated but that's how it works.

His projection sucks ass IMO. Why would the Packers take a CB when they have Woodson and Tramon Williams? Besides the picked Pat Lee last season and also have Will Blackmon. That is retarded...Packers will take a LB or DT.

He has BJ Raji at #12 when he is rated top 3 overall and first at DT...Maualuga at #20?? What a frickin mess.

And also, Oher at #28...come on man. Ive watched him play at the Senior Bowl practices and he was dominating.

Woodson and Harris are both old up there in age for corners at 32 and 34. Jenkins is a talent you probably don't want to pass up on if you are going to extremely thin at corner in the next few seasons. Since they're switching to the 3-4 I could see them taking Raji there though, they'll need a dominant nose tackle. Jenkins wouldn't be a bad pick for them though. Maulaluga has gotten some criticism for his on field IQ and his stock has been dropping over the past few months. Oher at 28 is definitely terrible though, I have a very hard time believing he'd fall out of the top ten.

Yeah, I just got done reading up on him and they said his stock went up recently.

Dwayne Bowe says hi.

fivas15
01-22-2009, 04:14 PM
Mayock sucks.

The Buccs will take Harvin if he's there.

BeanieWells
01-22-2009, 05:12 PM
KC- should draft crabtree. They have a good qb in Tyler, if they had an awesome WR he would be great just saying.

lul.

They have bigger needs than a WR, Bowe and Gonzalez are suffice for Thigpen.

scarletngrey
01-22-2009, 05:14 PM
Not sure how I feel about the Browns passing on Malcolm Jenkins and grabbing Curry.

batman15
01-22-2009, 05:32 PM
I'll bet anything this "mock draft" changes a SOLID 5 more times before draft day

EDIT: I bet it changes another 2 or 3 times after the combine/pro days

batman15
01-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Mayock sucks.

This. It'd be good for them to take a Florida guy. They'll sell more tickets, because now, Gator fans from in/around Tampa would have a reason to go to see the Bucs play.

SteezeFactory
01-22-2009, 05:38 PM
I'll bet anything this "mock draft" changes a SOLID 5 more times before draft day

And welcome to the fun that is the NFL Draft. Mocks change every damn day, but it's still entertaining to make predictions leading up to April. Nothing is even close to being in stone until the combine/pro days.

thegenerel
01-22-2009, 06:38 PM

Mayock and Gil Brandt are the truth.

Sirius NFL radio is where they actually know what they are talking about. McShay is too college centric imo, maybe kiper is too. I think Mayock does a better job of projecting guys NFL potential

Actually the best thing you can do is order the Ourlad's scouting guide. That is the best source of individual player's info

thegenerel
01-22-2009, 06:40 PM

EDIT: I bet it changes another 2 or 3 times after the combine/pro days

kiper has several updates. McShay does many more. or the other way around.

kiper never seems to be right. he insisted on malcolm kelly being a stud and that guy sucks ass.

thegenerel
01-22-2009, 06:41 PM
Mayock sucks.

you said Matt Ryan sucks too.

same with Pryor. both did pretty well last year, didnt they?

The Prime Nip
01-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Mauluga at #20, Cushing at #23, Oher at #28, Michael Johnson #30? Fail. All will be top 15 picks. Jeremy Maclin at #7 is way too high, but it is Al Davis.

Exist 2 Inspire
01-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Lions should pass on Stafford, stick with Kitna for a little longer, and draft Bradford or McCoy next year.

hublife
01-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Mayock and Gil Brandt are the truth.

Sirius NFL radio is where they actually know what they are talking about. McShay is too college centric imo, maybe kiper is too. I think Mayock does a better job of projecting guys NFL potential

Actually the best thing you can do is order the Ourlad's scouting guide. That is the best source of individual player's info

I agree 100%

Mayock, Gil Brandt, and Pat Kirwan are some of my favorites...they really know their ****.

Mel is overrated. I think he has a great understanding of the College game but struggles projecting peoples futures in the NFL.

Miz-Zou
01-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Maclin #7 baby!!

and I hope the Chiefs get a veteran QB from the free agency, Thigpen is alright but he's not a winner, he doesn't know how to win games.

I'd be happy with an offensive lineman if we can get a solid QB--I'd take Freeman in the later rounds b/c I think he'd be a hidden gem, and he's from KC.

The Prime Nip
01-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Maclin #7 baby!!

I'd like to see him picked high, but not by the Raiders.

fivas15
01-22-2009, 08:44 PM
I agree 100%

Mayock, Gil Brandt, and Pat Kirwan are some of my favorites...they really know their ****.

Mel is overrated. I think he has a great understanding of the College game but struggles projecting peoples futures in the NFL.

Mel is overrated in terms of projecting where players will end up, but he is great at telling who will be good and who will be bad in the NFL. ala Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf.

bmy-
01-22-2009, 09:11 PM
I think the Saints will be taking either a safety or a linebacker. No need to draft a CB right now.

feardafronfz3
01-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Mel is overrated in terms of projecting where players will end up, but he is great at telling who will be good and who will be bad in the NFL. ala Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf.

One of Kiper's most well known mistakes was when he stated that USC wide receiver Mike Williams would be the best player in his 2005 draft class, despite not having played football in over a year after being ruled ineligible by the NCAA. When ESPN analyst Merril Hoge disagreed, Kiper uttered the now infamous line, "I'll see you at his Hall of Fame induction." Williams has been a remarkable disappointment, battling weight problems, playing very little and showing no signs of improvement with any of the three teams he's played for. Williams was unsigned after three years in the NFL as of 2008.

fivas15
01-22-2009, 09:35 PM
^^

Hmm, I can't remember which QB he got pissed when he got picked.

batman15
01-22-2009, 09:36 PM

One of Kiper's most well known mistakes was when he stated that USC wide receiver Mike Williams would be the best player in his 2005 draft class, despite not having played football in over a year after being ruled ineligible by the NCAA. When ESPN analyst Merril Hoge disagreed, Kiper uttered the now infamous line, "I'll see you at his Hall of Fame induction." Williams has been a remarkable disappointment, battling weight problems, playing very little and showing no signs of improvement with any of the three teams he's played for. Williams was unsigned after three years in the NFL as of 2008.

Congrats, you can copy and paste...GTFO!

On another note, if Cush goes to the Patriots, I'll stop watching the NFL.

Huse
01-22-2009, 09:38 PM
Congrats, you can copy and paste...GTFO!

On another note, if Cush goes to the Patriots, I'll stop watching the NFL.

strong haterade

batman15
01-22-2009, 09:41 PM
strong haterade

On.....what? You for copy/pasting? Lol go take some mydol, your emotions are too sensative

Huse
01-22-2009, 09:53 PM
On.....what? You for copy/pasting? Lol go take some mydol, your emotions are too sensative

uhm no didn't copy paste was talking about the cushing comment

oh and lol @ sensative

feardafronfz3
01-22-2009, 10:01 PM

learn how to spell you ***got

GPx
01-22-2009, 11:24 PM
No way the Bolts draft a RB unless both Sproles and LT leave this offseason. Even then, they'd probably trade into a Michael Bush rather than draft yet another back.

If Rey Maualuga is available by pick 16...you can rest assured AJ will probably nab him to help complete a fantastic LB corps (assuming somehow the Chargers lure Peppers over as well)

This.

minus the Peppers thing.

yott
01-23-2009, 12:20 AM
yeah the charger's wont draft a rb until the later rounds like they did in the previous seasons. i hope they pick a tackle in the first round. I don't think that they'll pick up a MLB. Don't ask me why, i just don't.

joeflex73
01-23-2009, 03:09 AM
Not sure how I feel about the Browns passing on Malcolm Jenkins and grabbing Curry.

I'd be cool with it. Regardless of which philosophy they want to run, they need to improve the LB core. D'qwell is good, and Wimbley is too, but Wimbley should be a 4-3 DE imo. I know he did nothing last season, but he's there only decent pass rusher and on film, he'd get chipped, bumped and doubled in most games. The rest of the LB's are either average or washed up.

Cramerica
01-23-2009, 06:59 AM

That would be a great thing for the Browns to pick up Curry rather than Jenkins.

Curry is definitely the best and most rounded LB in this year's draft and the Browns could use an injection at the LB position.

thegenerel
01-23-2009, 07:09 AM
I'd be cool with it. Regardless of which philosophy they want to run, they need to improve the LB core. D'qwell is good, and Wimbley is too, but Wimbley should be a 4-3 DE imo. I know he did nothing last season, but he's there only decent pass rusher and on film, he'd get chipped, bumped and doubled in most games. The rest of the TEAM is either average or washed up.

fixed ;)

thegenerel
01-23-2009, 07:17 AM
That would be a great thing for the Browns to pick up Curry rather than Jenkins.

Curry is definitely the best and most rounded LB in this year's draft and the Browns could use an injection at the LB position.

being in the Northeast, i dont see the ACC much, but is Curry worth a top 5 pick?

imo, the only guys who are def worth a top 5 are Crabtree and ASmith.

i think stafford or sanchez will go top 5 too.

i dunno, stafford never seemed that impressive, and sanchez really improved as the season progressed. i would think sanchez is the most likely qb to be 1st off the board.

thegenerel
01-23-2009, 07:22 AM
also, as a penn state fan. i dont know if maybin is nfl ready.

he was speed only. it will be much more difficult to run by NFL LTs.

he isnt a great stack and shed guy. not big enough to be a 3 down DE.

3-4 ROLB is really the only spot he could play, which is quite limiting. until he bulks up, he will need a big RDE to hold up the LT for him.

also, at Penn State, he had focus issues (got too involved with his frat and his football lacked - lol, its true) and even loses weight if he isnt pounding food. it might be tough for him to maintain NFL weight in season. most regular nfl'ers drop weight during the season. maybin struggled in the college OFFSEASON.

wsuwarrior
01-23-2009, 07:43 AM
I think the Browns will take a QB and the Lions will take Crabtree. Book it.

niospecv
01-23-2009, 07:57 AM
Stafford will suck in the NFL.

Cramerica
01-23-2009, 08:03 AM
being in the Northeast, i dont see the ACC much, but is Curry worth a top 5 pick?

imo, the only guys who are def worth a top 5 are Crabtree and ASmith.

i think stafford or sanchez will go top 5 too.

i dunno, stafford never seemed that impressive, and sanchez really improved as the season progressed. i would think sanchez is the most likely qb to be 1st off the board.

Curry is definitely worth it. He's got a lot of production, is good in pass rushing tackling, pass coverage, all that stuff. He's got great size and speed. His blend of all of his traits is pretty much exactly what the NFL is looking for from a player at his position.

I think Stafford and Sanchez should have stayed another year. Stafford had a ridiculously young O-line in front of him this past year and next year could have had a higher production with a better line. Sanchez never really came out to be what USC had hoped of him through the off-season. I've never been overly impressed with Sanchez. He's certainly not bad, but to me he's just kind of 'there'. The NFL scouts love Stafford though and have for some time. He's got size, strength in his arm to hit deep balls, pretty accurate, fairly mobile and has a quicker release then anyone in college football by far. Not to mention he plays a much more pro-style offense (even takes snaps under the center) than many QB's. I can't say Stafford will enjoy a lot of success in the NFL, but they seem to think he's perfect for molding. I'd like to hear reasoning as to why people doubt him other than saying he would suck.

Huse
01-23-2009, 08:11 AM

why? Quinn played pretty well before he got injured

thegenerel
01-23-2009, 08:15 AM

the lions should at least consider Crabtree. imo the best prospect in the draft.

hopefully the browns screw up

Curry is definitely worth it. He's got a lot of production, is good in pass rushing tackling, pass coverage, all that stuff. He's got great size and speed. His blend of all of his traits is pretty much exactly what the NFL is looking for from a player at his position.

I think Stafford and Sanchez should have stayed another year. Stafford had a ridiculously young O-line in front of him this past year and next year could have had a higher production with a better line. Sanchez never really came out to be what USC had hoped of him through the off-season. I've never been overly impressed with Sanchez. He's certainly not bad, but to me he's just kind of 'there'. The NFL scouts love Stafford though and have for some time. He's got size, strength in his arm to hit deep balls, pretty accurate, fairly mobile and has a quicker release then anyone in college football by far. Not to mention he plays a much more pro-style offense (even takes snaps under the center) than many QB's. I can't say Stafford will enjoy a lot of success in the NFL, but they seem to think he's perfect for molding. I'd like to hear reasoning as to why people doubt him other than saying he would suck.

curry does seem to be a beast, but i am not wild about taking LBs in the top 10. that is a position where you can find quality as many levels.

like aj hawk...eh, worth a top 5 pick?

re: stafford - again, i dont see georgia on tv much, but he never seems overly impressive. he has the skills of a great qb, but never really spectacular on tv. georgia was the preseason #1 and they really fell off (but i dont know who is at fault for that)

i think one thing re: QBs is their personality & make up. while i believe QBs need all the college experience they can get, there is an undetermined line as to when they should leave early.

when leinart stayed, it struck me as that he cared more about celebrity and the fun of a star QB than being a successful QB. i dont think he will ever amount to much. the cards will keep him as a backup then give up on him shortly after warner leaves/retires.

i think sanchez might not be ready, but he seems to have the drive/desire to be a good nfl qb.

thegenerel
01-23-2009, 08:16 AM
why? Quinn played pretty well before he got injured

joke?

Cramerica
01-23-2009, 08:22 AM
curry does seem to be a beast, but i am not wild about taking LBs in the top 10. that is a position where you can find quality as many levels.

like aj hawk...eh, worth a top 5 pick?

re: stafford - again, i dont see georgia on tv much, but he never seems overly impressive. he has the skills of a great qb, but never really spectacular on tv. georgia was the preseason #1 and they really fell off (but i dont know who is at fault for that)

i think one thing re: QBs is their personality & make up. while i believe QBs need all the college experience they can get, there is an undetermined line as to when they should leave early.

when leinart stayed, it struck me as that he cared more about celebrity and the fun of a star QB than being a successful QB. i dont think he will ever amount to much. the cards will keep him as a backup then give up on him shortly after warner leaves/retires.

i think sanchez might not be ready, but he seems to have the drive/desire to be a good nfl qb.
QB's are really tough to predict as far as their success in the NFL...so I can't argue with any of your points there.

As for Curry, he's the most rounded, as I said, LB in the draft and probably the most consistent. However, I agree with you that the LB position is pretty deep but I'm not sure what would come around in the 2nd round. Unless the Browns wanted to work out a deal for someone else to have their spot and they take maybe a later 1st round pick and another later pick. I guess it will depend on how the Browns feel if they really need Curry or if they need something else and take a LB later. But if Curry moves down, all other LBs will drop down pretty far.

SweetTouch
01-23-2009, 10:24 AM

LOL

No, seriously.

LOL

SuperAmmo
01-23-2009, 11:50 AM

You should love it.

McDonald and Wright will just be entering their primes...and we desperately need LINEBACKERS more than anything on this defense.

thegenerel
01-23-2009, 11:52 AM
You should love it.

McDonald and Wright will just be entering their primes...and we desperately need TALENT more than anything on this defense.

sounds about right.

SuperAmmo
01-23-2009, 11:52 AM
joke?

Not at all.

He showed poise, command of the huddle, ability to read coverages and touch on his passes.

Keep in mind he got hurt the first quarter of the Buffalo game.

thegenerel
01-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Not at all.

He showed poise, command of the huddle, ability to read coverages and touch on his passes.

Keep in mind he got hurt the first quarter of the Buffalo game.

joke?

as in, that guy hasnt figured out its a joke yet!?!?!