PDA

View Full Version : Protein+oatmel/porridge?

Ashadaker124
01-19-2009, 05:15 AM
I have been having Oatmeal/porridge mixed with 2 scoops of MET RX protein, with water and microwaved every morning for the past week. However i am worried that warming up the protein may be taking away some of its potency?

Am i being stupid or is this the case?

Thanks Guys

Ash

40-Yard Dash_2
01-19-2009, 05:17 AM
I have been having Oatmeal/porridge mixed with 2 scoops of MET RX protein, with water and microwaved every morning for the past week. However i am worried that warming up the protein may be taking away some of its potency?

Thanks Guys

Ash

Do you eat your meat raw?

Aggressive
01-19-2009, 05:20 AM
lol, I do this. But I mix in the scoop of protein AFTER microwaving it

Ashadaker124
01-19-2009, 05:22 AM

Aha! i may give that a go. Tastes pretty good i find. iv been using strawberry Met rx.

Aggressive
01-19-2009, 05:30 AM
Aha! i may give that a go. Tastes pretty good i find. iv been using strawberry Met rx.

Yeah, I used strawberry or vanilla ON Gold. It tastes good enough to replace the sugar I would normally put in it

Black_Label
01-19-2009, 06:26 AM
I eat my meat pretty much purple =|

I love doing oats and protein. Could always add it after it cooks if it worries you. Thats what i do

Iron.Addict
01-19-2009, 06:27 AM

I love doing oats and protein. Could always add it after it cooks if it worries you. Thats what i do

My preferred way as well.

40-Yard Dash_2
01-19-2009, 06:28 AM
I eat my meat pretty much purple =

Of course.

You wouldn't want to cook your meat, it might kill the protein!

Ashadaker124
01-19-2009, 07:38 AM
Of course.

You wouldn't want to cook your meat, it might kill the protein!

Is your meat engineered?....................................... .

Heating olive Oil changes its properties. I want to ensure that heating the protein does not change its properties due to chemicals used when manufacturing the whey protein.

Ashadaker124
01-19-2009, 07:40 AM

I think that is what i will start doing too, just incase, although i cant see it making too much difference.

I am the same, always add sugar, so adding protein makes it taste great!

ZB126
01-19-2009, 07:47 AM
i agree, just add it after if you are worried but the cooked food you eat every day has been heated, processed, etc so you probably get just as much protein denaturing there too

joeyD198
01-19-2009, 07:48 AM

Thanks Guys

Ash

It should be fine, I mix everything together and then use hot water

EC_Muscle
01-19-2009, 07:49 AM

Thanks Guys

Ash

heat the oatmeal....add a bit of water after cooked, then mix in the protein =)

and i think it does damage the nutrient profile in some way