PDA

View Full Version : Going on a cut...

B1C3P
01-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Looking for some help, got a few questions, any if not all answered would be great thanks, any opinions welcome. Im roughly 16.5 stone quite built, 6ft 2, body fat = ? possibly 18%?.

1) I was looking for a fat burner, there is hydroxycut and what not all these other marketed products. What of taking ephedrine + caffeine? or EPH 25+?

2) I was confused about calculating whats to much and whats to little at calorie intake and what not? I want to burn as much fat as possible but maintain muscle, and don't mind how long it takes. But finding out what my maintenance calories is and then taking off 500 is sufficient?

3) Supplements, whats recommended? I was thinking of getting Monster Milk, 350 calories yeah but my weight is 16.5 stone. 50g protein per serving as well and tastes good. Casein for before sleeping as well.

4) My diet roughly would be made up of steak, fish, chicken, eggs, vegetables, potatoes. Keeping it as clean as possible.

5) AM cardio? does it make a difference?

6) cardio after weights or on seperate days?

Thanks.

Djin
01-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Looking for some help, got a few questions, any if not all answered would be great thanks, any opinions welcome. Im roughly 16.5 stone quite built, 6ft 2, body fat = ? possibly 18%?.

1) I was looking for a fat burner, there is hydroxycut and what not all these other marketed products. What of taking ephedrine + caffeine? or EPH 25+?

2) I was confused about calculating whats to much and whats to little at calorie intake and what not? I want to burn as much fat as possible but maintain muscle, and don't mind how long it takes. But finding out what my maintenance calories is and then taking off 500 is sufficient?

3) Supplements, whats recommended? I was thinking of getting Monster Milk, 350 calories yeah but my weight is 16.5 stone. 50g protein per serving as well and tastes good. Casein for before sleeping as well.

4) My diet roughly would be made up of steak, fish, chicken, eggs, vegetables, potatoes. Keeping it as clean as possible.

5) AM cardio? does it make a difference?

6) cardio after weights or on seperate days?

Thanks.

Hi.

First I would adjust your diet with about a 500 calorie decrease from what your maintence is. Just type BMR in the search at this site, pick the first one and fill the blanks in at the bottom.

I wouldn't take ephedrine + caffeine, but that's me. I wouldn't buy into the Muscletech hype either. I would personally read the ingredients and then Google what they do, from there pick the one you like the best. I found REDuction works well, Animal Cuts is nice and I enjoyed Tetrazene Extreme.

I'm going to give Meltdown a shot with my cut, but that's not until Spring.

For supplements, I would stay away from Monster Milk. It's a bulker... has creatine and a bunch of calories you shouldn't want if you're going to cut. Have you tried just a regular whey? ON Whey, or EAS or something along those lines.

For your food, lose the potato.

If you can, do the cardio after your work out. Some people will say fasted cardio's the best... I did a lot of that during my cut, lost 70lbs in less then a year... but now I've changed to post work out to do my cardio... this just keep my heart reaving in high gear.

Cardio after weights... see above.