PDA

View Full Version : Glucosamine

BananaFoster
01-16-2009, 06:37 AM
I just had hip and ankle surgery. Torn labrum and torn ligaments. Have always used glucosamine since my teenager years. Have tried NOW (Glucosamine, chronditrin, MSN), Target brand, and osteo bi-flex triple strenght. Have anyone used anything that works better or is the osteo it?

I now with this type of product you wont see results over night; but in due time your body will appreciate them.. ... Meaning in more mature age...old age. Thanks

BananaFoster
04-06-2009, 03:11 AM
www.delirismontanez.freelife.com
This is no joke. I started using the glucosamine supplement from the company I am a distributor for (my aunt which is a director saw amazing results on the arthritis on her hands) and I saw results in about a week and a half. Go to the website and read on it. Take three caplets a day in divided doses you wont regreat it. I have tried eveything in the past and nothing worked after the surgeries.
Yesterday I did 20 min on the stepmill and 50 min on the elliptical level 1 resistance up to 7.
Today, high school stairs up and down for 30 min and 20 min brisk walk on school parking lot.
Three weeks ago I had this horrible limp on my hip as you all already know.
Dont believe me? Try it. The company delivers you directly and you save money getting my same price.
Planning a show for Nov 09.

fleshintogear
04-06-2009, 04:29 AM
I am pretty sure there all pretty much the same. The onlything i check out when buying one is a reputable source and 1.5/1.2 in two pills instead of three. perhaps you should check out the over 35 section for something tailored to older folks. PS, dont link other supp sites. I didnt click it so not sure where it goes but its frowned upon here. No negz from my grays but watch it from others.

BananaFoster
04-07-2009, 06:21 AM
What do you mean with frowned?
I might be 38 but I can certainly out beat you in many things. hahahahha Look in my late 20's and feel in my late 10's so forget about the over 35 hon.LOL
If you find a product that realllllllly work and you dont share it with others then you are being selfish. Everyone does. Thats why we are here for.....to help each other to reach our goals and fitness needs.
FYI not all glucosamine and chonditrin is absorbed the same no matter of the content. And not all of them work for everyone.

fleshintogear
04-08-2009, 03:42 AM
PS, dont link other supp sites. I didnt click it so not sure where it goes but its frowned upon here.

I think you misunderstood me. linking other websites is frowned upon, not older people. I only mentioned the over 35 section because my opinion is all glucosamine/chon sups are the same, given good quality. If you are looking for something more, perhaps you should consider that forum since more people use MSM, osteo, etc. Meant nothing rude by it at all though rock on!

BananaFoster
04-08-2009, 04:17 AM
But constructive critisism taken. Like your green hat!

Rippedtohell
04-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Ive researched the death out of glucosamine and chrondritin. Glucosamine is more readily absorbed, especially in the hydrocloride form. Id buy glucosamine only tabs or caps dosed 1500-2000mg day, 1-3 times per day.

JohnSmeton
04-09-2009, 12:01 AM
fact take glucosamine at night before bed or its burned up as glucose when taking ealier while your active. Many companies dont know this..I buy strait glucosamine tablets like at wal mart and take them before bed. in addition I take my regular joint supplement like animal flex or osteo sport

newequation
04-09-2009, 01:22 AM
fact take glucosamine at night before bed or its burned up as glucose when taking ealier while your active. Many companies dont know this..I buy strait glucosamine tablets like at wal mart and take them before bed. in addition I take my regular joint supplement like animal flex or osteo sport
Why don't you provide us with proof of said "fact"? Glucosamine competes with glucose.

BananaFoster
04-12-2009, 12:59 AM
I did read in muscle and fitness that animal flex was the number one joint supplement of the year but I have not tried it so I cant say.

newequation
04-12-2009, 01:08 AM
I did read in muscle and fitness...

Say no more.

Andy02
04-29-2009, 10:58 PM
Glucosamine is one of the most abundant monosaccharides.[1] It is produced commercially by the hydrolysis of crustacean exoskeletons or, less commonly and more expensive to the consumer, by fermentation of a grain such as corn or wheat. Glucosamine is commonly used as a treatment for osteoarthritis, although its acceptance as a medical therapy varies.

Andy02
04-29-2009, 11:00 PM
Glucosamine is one of the most abundant monosaccharides. It is produced commercially by the hydrolysis of crustacean exoskeletons or, less commonly and more expensive to the consumer, by fermentation of a grain such as corn or wheat. Glucosamine is commonly used as a treatment for osteoarthritis, although its acceptance as a medical therapy varies.

BananaFoster
05-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Well, decided to stick with the zincosamine and the acti-flex from freelife, but might give animal flex a try after I end my stack. I am taking 6 pills now, so one more wont make a difference. I think animal flex is higher in ingredients doses.