PDA

View Full Version : New guy here!

Checkers_
01-13-2009, 12:04 AM
Hey everyone, I'm here and starting a new regiment on Wednesday, January 14th, '09.
I used to be in hella good shape but then I met a good woman and well, she cooks some damn good food haha.
Anyway, thanks to my great soon to be brother-in-law and his girlfriend I've got a 4 month membership to my favorite gym.
The MSU Bozeman Gym. It's awesome there.

I'm 20 years old, I work full time 6+ days a week as a drywaller hanger and finisher.
I weigh around 195 and I'm 5' 8.5" tall.
I've gotten a ton of muscle from my job in the last four years but I've taken a few too many lunch runs to buffets haha.

Here's me now:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/data/503/medium/DSC02827.JPG

I'm hoping to drop a lot of body fat in the next couple months and then bulk right back up to 190 or so.
Start goal is back down to 160 or so. Then slowly build back up to 190.

I just picked up some PMD Pump Fuel and PMD Amplify XL as well as C5 Max.
Anybody think these are good products?
I've been recommended to No-XPLOD, Black Powder, and Syntha-Six by good friends as well.

I cut out all soda a couple days ago and I'm back to water and a little fruit juice and skim milk.

I'm trying to eat 5 good meals a day in total amounting to about 1600 calories.

Tomorrow I'm just going to start with cardio as I'm not really sure what type of lifts I should do to start out.

I've got access to every peice of equipment so I'll see what routine I come up with and then I'll ask for further suggestions.

I'll also be posting up my meals tomorrow possibly.
Thanks for having me BB!
-Checkers

MartyrMoose
01-13-2009, 03:30 AM
Watch out for your fruit juice brah, is it natural ? Check the NF for it's sugars... you sound like you already know quite a bit, so I suggest you try out the keto diet, lose a crap load of weight but you HAVE to stick to your diet. Good luck man!

Oh and, welcome - hahah :)

Checkers_
01-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

I ate really well today and it all tasted and felt great!
I came up with my first detailed meal plan too!

8am Breakfast:
4 Eggs
Jalapeno
Banana
3 C5 Creatine Capsules

10am Break:
Pump Fuel (Hard Work Days)
Amplify XL Shake
1 cup skim milk

12am Lunch:
4 Fat Free Turkey Slices
1 slice Cracked 9 Grain Bread
1 T. Honey Mustard
2 T. Banana Peppers
Apple

2pm Break:
Banana

5pm Dinner:
1 Can Tuna
1 Slice Cracked 9 Grain Bread
1 Small Dill Pickle

Before Workout:
Pump Fuel

10pm Before Bed:
Amplify XL Shake
1 cup skim milk

This is just my first run at this.
I'm going to work on spreading a more even amount of fat, carbs, and protein throughout the day in the next week or so.

This meal plan gives me these daily amounts:
1,605 Calories
33.1g Fat
156.1g Carbs
154.1g Protein

Calculator says per day:
Maintenance:
2736 Calories
Fat Loss:
2189 Calories
Extreme Fat Loss:
1642 Calories

My workout schedule will be 5 days a week, for about 2 hours at a time.
I'll usually be in the gym about 6pm or so.

So far, how does it look?

joey-nac
01-13-2009, 10:34 PM
I would suggest adding some more carbs. Maybe a cup of oats to your 1st meal.

Checkers_
01-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Well I started working out on Wednesday and so far I've been there every day except yesterday, my break day.
Here's what I'm doing for right now.
Walk 1, 1/12th mile lap to warm up and stretch.
Run a mile.
Cool down with 2 more walking laps.

Elliptical for 10 minutes on 2/3 crossramp and 50% resistance.

Stairs for 10 minutes. (Usually around 30 floors.)

Bike on 75% resistance for 10 minutes,

This is my cardio warm up to my actual work out session which will start Monday the 26th.

Currently my daily food intake consists of:

2 Whole Scrambled Eggs
Tablespoon of Salsa
1 Small Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Patty
1 Slice Fat Free Turkey in Eggs
Banana
Water

Amplify XL Shake
1 Cup Fat Free Milk

1 Slice 9 Grain Bread
3 Slices Fat Free Turkey
Tablespoon Banana Peppers
Tablespoon Honey Mustard
Apple
Water and Non-Fat Green Tea

Banana

1 Can Tuna
1 Slice 9 Grain Bread
2 Small Dill Pickles
Tablespoon Banana Peppers
Tablespoon Honey Mustard

Pre-Workout
2 Creatine Capsules
PMD Pump Fuel w/ Water

Post Workout/Before Bed
1 Capsule Creatine
Amplify XL
1 Cup Fat Free Milk

I weigh myself tomorrow! not expecting big results but maybe a pound!
Wednesday I was 197.

I sure do feel a lot healthier!

Any suggestions for change in diet?

Checkers_
01-18-2009, 11:08 PM
I'm going with David Robson's 12 Week Transformation as a workout plan.

So starting the 26th:
Week One

Monday

Morning: (around 6-7:00 am)

+ 45-minute jog

Night: (around 5:00 pm)

+ Leg raises: 5 sets, 12 to 15.
+ Floor crunches: 5 sets of 12 to 15.
+ Waist twists: 5 sets of 15, each side.

Tommy2guns
01-29-2009, 12:34 PM
when you calculated your protein intake im guessing you just did 1g per pound of lbm (lean body mass) i would suggest u do at leat 1.5 g per pound of your LBM that way youll still cut fat but wont lose as much muscle mass same for carbs and also from what ive read i wld suggest getting the bulk of your carbs partnered with protein about a half hour after and or before your lifting workouts

Bronkko
01-29-2009, 12:50 PM
just say no to juice.

good rule to live by is "dont drink your calories.." except skim milk.. its the poor mans protein shake. :)

iLiRaM
01-29-2009, 01:59 PM
Hey everyone, I'm here and starting a new regiment on Wednesday, January 14th, '09.
I used to be in hella good shape but then I met a good woman and well, she cooks some damn good food haha.
Anyway, thanks to my great soon to be brother-in-law and his girlfriend I've got a 4 month membership to my favorite gym.
The MSU Bozeman Gym. It's awesome there.

I'm 20 years old, I work full time 6+ days a week as a drywaller hanger and finisher.
I weigh around 195 and I'm 5' 8.5" tall.
I've gotten a ton of muscle from my job in the last four years but I've taken a few too many lunch runs to buffets haha.

Here's me now:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/data/503/medium/DSC02827.JPG

I'm hoping to drop a lot of body fat in the next couple months and then bulk right back up to 190 or so.
Start goal is back down to 160 or so. Then slowly build back up to 190.

I just picked up some PMD Pump Fuel and PMD Amplify XL as well as C5 Max.
Anybody think these are good products?
I've been recommended to No-XPLOD, Black Powder, and Syntha-Six by good friends as well.

I cut out all soda a couple days ago and I'm back to water and a little fruit juice and skim milk.

I'm trying to eat 5 good meals a day in total amounting to about 1600 calories.

Tomorrow I'm just going to start with cardio as I'm not really sure what type of lifts I should do to start out.

I've got access to every peice of equipment so I'll see what routine I come up with and then I'll ask for further suggestions.

I'll also be posting up my meals tomorrow possibly.
Thanks for having me BB!
-Checkers

1600 calories? bro, plz...

Checkers_
01-29-2009, 07:29 PM
just say no to juice.

good rule to live by is "dont drink your calories.." except skim milk.. its the poor mans protein shake. :)

Believe me, I cut all the juice out after that day. Now I just drink one serving of Arizona Tea Green Tea every other day or so to mix it up a bit.

when you calculated your protein intake im guessing you just did 1g per pound of lbm (lean body mass) i would suggest u do at leat 1.5 g per pound of your LBM that way youll still cut fat but wont lose as much muscle mass same for carbs and also from what ive read i wld suggest getting the bulk of your carbs partnered with protein about a half hour after and or before your lifting workouts

I'm working on the layout of my meals still but I might have it figured out tonight.

1600 calories? bro, plz...

Do you think that's too many or too little holmes?

***Update***
As of today I'm at 192.8lbs and 13.9% body fat!
Tomorrow Morning,

* 45-minute cardio session

Night

* Chin-ups: 4 sets of 12 to 15
* One-arm Dumbbell rows: 4 sets of 12 to 15
* Bent Bar Rows: 4 sets of 12 to 15
* Barbell shrugs: 4 sets of 12 to 15

EastHastings
01-29-2009, 08:15 PM
Do you think that's too many or too little holmes?

Your willpower and determination is very admirable, but that is too few.

Primol
01-29-2009, 08:39 PM
You calculated your daily calorie needs yet you stick with 1600 calories? Tell me why please? You should be in taking at minimum 2100 calories. It is very important you follow that. keep the diet strict and you will be very pleased to see what happens. Remember it is a marathon and not a race.

Primol
01-29-2009, 08:44 PM
going in the right direction with the exercises. i just would not be doing 12-15 reps. You are wasting your time doing that. I dont care if your cutting or bulking. You should be always pushing yourself to the max. Heavy as fk and 8-10 reps. always with good form. You need to be sweating and breathing hard pushing heavy weights. You get out what you put in :)

Checkers_
01-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Your willpower and determination is very admirable, but that is too few.

Aye, I failed to calculate into my diet the fact that I work 6-7 days a week hard labor and also work out 6 days a week.

You calculated your daily calorie needs yet you stick with 1600 calories? Tell me why please? You should be in taking at minimum 2100 calories. It is very important you follow that. keep the diet strict and you will be very pleased to see what happens. Remember it is a marathon and not a race.

See above.
I adjusted the numbers and added in my amount of exercise today and you're spot on bro.
New numbers are:
Maintenance: 3537 Calories/day
Fat Loss: 2830 Calories/day
Extreme Fat Loss: 2122 Calories/day

With those numbers I'm going to try and aim for a new number of 2500 calories/day.

Should I aim for a KETO diet for awhile? I just want to to burn off this fat real quick and get down to around 7-8% body fat.

going in the right direction with the exercises. i just would not be doing 12-15 reps. You are wasting your time doing that. I dont care if your cutting or bulking. You should be always pushing yourself to the max. Heavy as fk and 8-10 reps. always with good form. You need to be sweating and breathing hard pushing heavy weights. You get out what you put in :)

I've been talking with my friend about this routine a lot this week. He says I should either do 10 or 20. not in between. He says since I'm already at 15, what's 5 more reps? And he stresses to constantly be maxing as well. After reading a lot I'm going to start pushing as much weight as possible starting Monday. Basically push until I feel like I'm gonna burst.
So I'll aim for 3 sets of ten heavy ass reps.
I agree this should work wayyy better.

Checkers_
01-29-2009, 10:11 PM
Ok, so after extensive research I formulated two KETO plans.

All figures for current weight, 193lbs.
Uno:
1 gram Protein/lb body weight= 193g
0.25 gram Carbohydrates/lb body weight= 48g
0.55 gram Fat/lb body weight= 106g

Dos:
Carbs-Protein-Fat
10-45-45
281g Protein
62g Carbs
125g Fat

Which seems better to you, and why?

Checkers_
02-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Pulled a muscle in my inner left elbow Friday night, that arm is out for a few days.

Going to do legs today!

***UPDATE***
Back from the gym and today I weighed in at exactly 191.8lbs! I'm stoked!

Checkers_
02-05-2009, 08:27 AM
Started KETO this week.

Bicep is almost fully recovered. Killed my legs Sunday, felt great all week!

I'm back down to 191lbs!

I'm trying to stretch myself out a ton and push as much weight as possible on every rep.
I wasn't pushing myself enough last week but this week I'm sweating my ass off every rep.

I'll go in and have my body fat measured again tomorrow just to see if it dropped at all.