PDA

View Full Version : Being Just a Little Less Strict with Dieting...

MrAnonymous
01-12-2009, 10:50 PM
I am currently 215 pounds at around 21-22% bodyfat. I started cutting at the beginning of January.

I have had a very successful cut 2 years ago, going from 245 pounds @ 25-26% bodyfat to 165 pounds at 9-10% bodyfat.

During that cut, I ate very clean, and to be honest had constant cravings for certain foods throughout the week. On a dietary side, I was very healthy, but also pretty miserable. Most meals consisted combinations of tuna, grilled chicken, oatmeal, nuts, skim milk, cottage cheese, etc. I had a cheat meal once a week.

Now for this cut, most of my meals are very healthy (tuna out of the can, a bowl of oats, and a healthy fat is a common meal), but I would like to eat cheeses in moderation, grilled chicken wraps that include soft tortillas in moderation, certain dressings in moderation, etc. Mainly to keep me psychologically stable and happy.

I lift heavy 4 times a week, making progress every week. I do cardio 2-3 times per week, and count my calories every day to make sure I am in an overall defecit (except for refeeding days).

This time around, what kind of a negative impact will eating some of these "not so great" foods throughout the day have on my progress? Will the occasional tortilla wrap or shredded cheddar set me back? Or is it possible to continue a great cut while including these foods in moderation? Do I just have false knowledge of how bad carbs and saturated fats must be almost eliminated in diets?

Thanks for all help. I looked on this forum for a similar question first but couldn't find one.

libert
01-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Probably none as long as the calories are within range and protein and EFA needs are met.

MrAnonymous
01-13-2009, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the reply man