PDA

View Full Version : cutting or bulking???

Kodiak06
01-28-2002, 03:09 PM
ALright...im about 6'6 and 225 lbs. Sadly enough i have to lose several pounds in my stomach and chest area. My muscle mass in my upper body is average so i've started lifting every morning but i need to get rid of this gut!!!!!!! I can definitely pinch an inch (maybe more HAHA ) :( But really it comes down to the fact...I love lifting but I cant stand this extra weight and the pathetic feeling that i have. I've been lifting for a couple months now so my arms are getting big and i love it...but should i lose weight first and then bulk??? I have about 6 months until summer so I would like to slim down and bulk up...any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated. And would hydroxycut help??

Kodiak06
01-28-2002, 03:33 PM
I am just tired of feeling fat...and I wonder if i should CUT first of BULK first...im interested in using xenadrine, hydroxycut .e.ct..but i need advice on what to do FIRST

crowley101
01-29-2002, 06:38 PM
I'm sort of in same position and seeking advice to: I am 5'8 165 pounds and have a small beer belly and fat butt. Though the rest of my body is fairly well toned, though not as big as I would like. My goal is to be a ripped 180 in 2 years. Right now though I am afraid of losing muscle that I worked so hard to get... though I want to get rid of this excess fat that turns girls off. Should I bulk up to 180 then cut? or should I cut now and bulk, cut to 180?

crowley101
01-29-2002, 07:14 PM
oops i'm 5'10 156, i can still see my six pack in good lighting though i have a "baby fat" belly and an enormously fat butt. I can't seem to lose the fat on my butt. I just started cutting, made a mistake, went from a 2800 calorie diet to a 1600 calorie diet in a day.

PumpinIron
01-31-2002, 01:21 PM
Crowley101, I'm having the same problem. I'm 5'9', just finished cutting, 160 lbs. I was as high as 186. I get so many more compliments now, and I have a well defined stomach and retained the size on my arms. I had planned to start bulking at the first of January, but I just can't seem to do that again! I still take in about 2700 calories in a day, so I'm still eating my 7 meals but I've really revved my metabolism up, so I keep losing the fat. I just hate walking around with man boobs! I don't want to go back to that if I bulk again.