PDA

View Full Version : Post-holiday DAMAGE REPORT

scrummie2
01-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Hey everybody!

Back through the first week of my post-holiday cut. Some of you may remember me from last year, when I was in Iraq cutting down. Went great...and have enjoyed the four months I've been home, kind of fell off the board though. I'm going to lurk around and see how some of the regulars I had gotten to know are doing.

Been a tough holiday season -- the damage for me anyway started with a 3-week trip to Brazil at Thanksgiving through now -- the toll: 11 lbs of fat gained back, 6 pounds of hard-earned mass lost. But on the other hand, a fair price to pay for two months of pretty much drinking every night and eating whatever I wanted. I'm not feeling too bad about it, I knew what I was doing, and have had a great week of being back on the cut wagon, funny how quickly you settle back into the fitness habits...I had been pretty inconsistent in my gym visits for the previous two months, but now am right back on the wagon and pushing myself hard. Also funny, prior to my previous cut "eating whatever I wanted" would have entailed daily binges, but after all that hard work really any extra weight I put on was from booze, I've kept my eating pretty clean...I'm suprised I didn't gain more weight, given how easy it is for me. I can count the times I've had fast food since being back on ten fingers (still, ten fingers too many).

Anyway, just wanted to say hi again, I'll keep you guys posted. How'd everyone else do over the holidays?

gbone74
01-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Nice to see you back bro,loved following your progress last time,over the holidays I was ill for 2 weeks so no training and ate a few too many tasty things esp burger and fries luckily all I did was hit my first plateau I stayed at 221lbs dead on for over 2 weeks I dont even understand how that is possible but I'll take it.

xvicknumber7x
01-10-2009, 10:58 AM
I remember you. You were a beast.

.Enigma.
01-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Sounds like you had fun. I actually didnt gain much fat and managed to increase some of my lifts, so i had a pretty good holiday lifting wise.

algforcek
01-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Hey everybody!

Back through the first week of my post-holiday cut. Some of you may remember me from last year, when I was in Iraq cutting down. Went great...and have enjoyed the four months I've been home, kind of fell off the board though. I'm going to lurk around and see how some of the regulars I had gotten to know are doing.

Been a tough holiday season -- the damage for me anyway started with a 3-week trip to Brazil at Thanksgiving through now -- the toll: 11 lbs of fat gained back, 6 pounds of hard-earned mass lost. But on the other hand, a fair price to pay for two months of pretty much drinking every night and eating whatever I wanted. I'm not feeling too bad about it, I knew what I was doing, and have had a great week of being back on the cut wagon, funny how quickly you settle back into the fitness habits...I had been pretty inconsistent in my gym visits for the previous two months, but now am right back on the wagon and pushing myself hard. Also funny, prior to my previous cut "eating whatever I wanted" would have entailed daily binges, but after all that hard work really any extra weight I put on was from booze, I've kept my eating pretty clean...I'm suprised I didn't gain more weight, given how easy it is for me. I can count the times I've had fast food since being back on ten fingers (still, ten fingers too many).

Anyway, just wanted to say hi again, I'll keep you guys posted. How'd everyone else do over the holidays?You just scared the **** out of me. When I RTB I am making it a point, like Church on Sunday, to hit the gym. I ****canned almost 50 pounds of fat and no way do I want to be the bloated pig I was.

Nice post.
SPonge

scrummie2
01-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Good job dropping that weight.

I think the key thing to do when you first get back is go out and buy new pants at your new size. I went out and bought 34s, and although I am still wearing them they are definitely tighter, which is enough to remind me to get back in.

Keep your head down out there.

Cut wise, AWESOME week of lifting and cardio -- looking forward to weighing in on Friday. Awesome how quickly strength comes back after a good two weeks of lifting. Totally addicted again. I'm supposed to go out of town this weekend with my wife to visit her mom and i'm thinking about finding an excuse not to go just so I can keep hitting the gym.