PDA

View Full Version : Smoltz to the Red Sox.......wait wut?!

Exist 2 Inspire
01-07-2009, 09:20 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=MLB&hl=253630&id=1510

wow I'm absolutely speechless, I can't ****ing believe this...

johnny87
01-07-2009, 09:29 PM
disapointed he is leaving. But cant blame him and wish him the best.

Only thing i worry about for him is that his injury was a near carreer ending one. So i hope he doesnt go to boston with nothing left and finishes his carreer getting boo'ed off the mound.

bbacn123
01-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Im not to be honest. Ive never had the feeling Smoltz felt like he had to finish his career in Atlanta.

GApump
01-07-2009, 09:32 PM
pretty disappointing, but I'm sure he feels equally as frustrated as most Braves fans do with the teams lack of activity this offseason. He deserves the chance to make another run into the playoffs and that's not happening in Atlanta. Assuming this is true i'll just be glad that Mets rumor never came to fruition.

hbkfan
01-07-2009, 09:54 PM
I'm sad he is one of the all time greats for the braves I wish it was back to old time baseball and having the braves winning the division and having maddoux, glavin, and smoltz thats when baseball was good to me and they were all great pitchers during the drug era. Braves are one of my favorite teams for baseball.

NYY
01-07-2009, 10:20 PM
I did not see that coming....

Exist 2 Inspire
01-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Braves are one of my favorite teams for baseball.

Not for long lol. They're gonna be the **** stain of the league for a while looks like.

joeflex73
01-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Ugh....

Blowsox13
01-07-2009, 11:57 PM
**** both of em

jkeithc82
01-08-2009, 05:31 AM
Wow, really a shame, and the end of an era. When Maddux, Glavine, Millwood, Mazzone etc. left for other teams, Smoltz was the one constant Braves fans could count on. I wish him well though.

Negatron617
01-08-2009, 06:37 AM
you cant believe a guy signed with another team for more money?
happens all the time. but i bet it will be weird for yall to see him ina diff uni.

gfulla
01-08-2009, 07:32 AM
disapointed he is leaving. But cant blame him and wish him the best.

Only thing i worry about for him is that his injury was a near carreer ending one. So i hope he doesnt go to boston with nothing left and finishes his carreer getting boo'ed off the mound.

Don't worry, if i see any other red sox fans boo Smoltz I'll smack them upside the head. You do NOT boo Smoltz. He's the man.

JIGSAW
01-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Wow, really a shame, and the end of an era. When Maddux, Glavine, Millwood, Mazzone etc. left for other teams, Smoltz was the one constant Braves fans could count on. I wish him well though.

Its just a stop on the Hall Of Fame trail....he'll be enshrined with a Braves cap.......

Diesel-McNasty
01-08-2009, 07:40 AM
**** both of em

couldnt have said it any better

Exist 2 Inspire
01-08-2009, 07:44 AM
you cant believe a guy signed with another team for more money?
happens all the time. but i bet it will be weird for yall to see him ina diff uni.

I mean, it's just a bad time for him to bail. This offseason has been wretched, and I was looking forward to his return...I definitely though after all these years of him being around he wouldn't ever go anywhere else...he only has a year or two left, probably just this one. Good luck to him, but I am a little upset that he chose to leave because right now it seems like nobody wants to be a Brave.