PDA

View Full Version : Never played Madden NFL before

kethnaab
01-02-2009, 04:53 AM
Nope.

Got a Nintendo Wii for the family and grabbed NFL 2009.

Yep, I have yet to figure out WTF I'm doing. time for bed. g'nite. :P

papi93
01-02-2009, 04:56 AM
Practice makes perfect. I'm currently in a season with the Seahawks and just finished one with the Carolina Panthers (old PSII - Madden 2009).

bpb77
01-02-2009, 04:58 AM
Let me know how Madden is with the Wii. I might have to try it out.

kethnaab
01-02-2009, 06:39 AM
Let me know how Madden is with the Wii. I might have to try it out.

I honestly have no clue. I can't compare it to any other game system since i've never had one nor have I ever tried it out

I can't figure out how to

1) Choose the WR you're passing to
2) Catch with the Wii controller
3) Bat passes with the Wii controller
4) Stiff-Arm

I have found out that if you go "All-Steelers", #29 (whoever the hell that is) is one megabrutal RB. Fast as hell and his lead blocker is a beast. I've learned to do wide running plays and follow my lead blocker and then juke at the appropriate time.

:)

I also have no clue what all the different "modes" are and such. I think it's just assumed that people, by now, have played some form of Madden game, so I have no clue what any of that crap means, or any of the stats for each player, other than the obvious ones (i.e. strength, throwing accuracy, etc)

bpb77
01-02-2009, 06:51 AM
Do you mean #39? That's "Fast" Willie Parker.

RavenStorm
01-02-2009, 07:04 AM
The all time teams have wrong numbers.

SpeedDemon9
01-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Sounds like I will stick to Madden on the PS2 and not the Wii.

bmy-
01-02-2009, 09:22 AM
Play as the Saints. Drew never throws a bad pass and Reggie is unstoppable.

papi93
01-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Play as the Saints. Drew never throws a bad pass and Reggie is unstoppable.

+Brees has great pass protection.

bbacn123
01-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Oh god Madden on the Wii is not fun.

Exist 2 Inspire
01-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Yeah I watched a video on Youtube about the controls in Madden for Wii and it looks terrible. I would never want to play lol.

Mr_O_2020
01-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Madden for the Wii ... needs work.

I've gone 4 seasons unbeaten with the Giants, on All-Madden. I think my record score is about 110-0 vs the Redskins, playing 3 minutes per quarter.

kethnaab
01-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Do you mean #39? That's "Fast" Willie Parker.

nope. #29. NO clue who the hell #29 is.

no? I'm having fun. Course, I have no idea WTF I'm doing. :)

thacalikid911
01-02-2009, 09:30 PM

wii is a piece of **** overall

joeflex73
01-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Madden for the Wii was one of the reasons we sold it and got a Xbox 360.

Clide Whit
01-02-2009, 10:12 PM
Madden for the Wii was one of the reasons we sold it and got a Xbox 360.

360 madden is no better, PS2 version is the overall best version of Madden. Same with NCAA as well.

Then again NFL 2K5 >>>> Any version of Madden.

SpiderSense
01-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Practice makes perfect. I'm currently in a season with the Seahawks and just finished one with the Carolina Panthers (old PSII - Madden 2009).

Don't you hate it though? I still play on PS2. You can almost never go over the top of the D, still suction blocking, OL do not run fast enough (that's why on tosses and sweeps D is in the backfield), stupid CPU speed burst when your run by and can't for get stupid automatic CPU comebacks and the fact that they don't comprehend "hey we're down by 40 instead of the onside kick, maybe we should play our scrubs".

On next gen systems are those still problems?

Oh yeah, and guys look at Shanahan's madden card. I don't know if this years is the same, but it hella looks like a "you gonna get raped" pic.

Clide Whit
01-02-2009, 10:32 PM
Don't you hate it though? I still play on PS2. You can almost never go over the top of the D, still suction blocking, OL do not run fast enough (that's why on tosses and sweeps D is in the backfield), stupid CPU speed burst when your run by and can't for get stupid automatic CPU comebacks and the fact that they don't comprehend "hey we're down by 40 instead of the onside kick, maybe we should play our scrubs".

On next gen systems are those still problems?

I usually convert TE's into Offensive Tackles and try to draft the quickest Guards available or convert Tackles to Guards/Centers. It improves pass protection, and makes you able to perform sweeps and tosses to the outside much easier since your o-line is faster getting to the point of attack and setting up the blocks. I noticed that in those games Speed and Acceleration are the most important stats for offensive linemen. I don't remember if your allowed to convert other players in Madden, since I mainly play NCAA 09 for PS2 (which is a lot funner than Madden IMO, nothing better than building up a ****ty 1 star school into a BCS contender).

I do have the 360 version of Madden, the deep ball is too easy to complete, and the offensive line can't protect you for ****.

quietstormx1
01-02-2009, 10:47 PM
better than any madden ever made.

http://www.vgmuseum.com/scans/psx2/espn_nfl_05_front.JPG

SpiderSense
01-02-2009, 10:59 PM
better than any madden ever made.

http://www.vgmuseum.com/scans/psx2/espn_nfl_05_front.JPG

Yes and no.

There's a few things I'd love for Madden to take from that game:

The player ratings system- Love it. Madden is too vague, this one is way more specific. Not only that but much more insight into which players would be good for what systems. And just the way the ratings are broken up is better.

The blocking/tackling dynamics. They used actual contact/collision detection instead of suction blocks and tackles. so say you're running the ball and run into an OL, you might bounce off of him and fall down. On Madden they just rub against each other and slip by. Sorta similar with tackling.

You can actually throw over the top of the defense.

Teams would offer trades.

Bad thing:

Players were tiny and hard to see what was going on.

Hated the view and everything seemed almost sideways to me.

Tackling animations were gay. They always just kind of bounce off each other.

The interface of menus you use between games like trading, free agents etc. was cumbersome as ****.

quietstormx1
01-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Yes and no.

There's a few things I'd love for Madden to take from that game:

The player ratings system- Love it. Madden is too vague, this one is way more specific. Not only that but much more insight into which players would be good for what systems. And just the way the ratings are broken up is better.

The blocking/tackling dynamics. They used actual contact/collision detection instead of suction blocks and tackles. so say you're running the ball and run into an OL, you might bounce off of him and fall down. On Madden they just rub against each other and slip by. Sorta similar with tackling.

You can actually throw over the top of the defense.

Teams would offer trades.

Bad thing:

Players were tiny and hard to see what was going on.

Hated the view and everything seemed almost sideways to me.

Tackling animations were gay. They always just kind of bounce off each other.

The interface of menus you use between games like trading, free agents etc. was cumbersome as ****.

keep in mind this game was $20.

NoS_oUtLaSt
01-02-2009, 11:11 PM
keep in mind this game was $20.

Lol so is NFL Head Coach. Not buying that either.

I'll take Madden. but yes it does need improvements.

quietstormx1
01-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Lol so is NFL Head Coach. Not buying that either.

I'll take Madden. but yes it does need improvements.

espn nfl 2k5 came out 3 years ago.

hence the 2k5.

theres a reason why there havent been any NFL 2k games out recently (aside from a half assed attempt not too long ago)

that game right up thar.....it nearly out sold madden. the buzz about it was so strong, many critics felt the following year's game(2k6) would take down the mighty Madden powerhouse...

so EA games went and wrapped up the rights to the NFL exclusively. just so little ole 2k couldnt develop any further competing games.

robogain
01-02-2009, 11:30 PM
when does maddens ***got ass contract with nfl end so 2k series can continue making their games

will be pissed if madden extends contract

NoS_oUtLaSt
01-02-2009, 11:39 PM
espn nfl 2k5 came out 3 years ago.

hence the 2k5.

theres a reason why there havent been any NFL 2k games out recently (aside from a half assed attempt not too long ago)

that game right up thar.....it nearly out sold madden. the buzz about it was so strong, many critics felt the following year's game(2k6) would take down the mighty Madden powerhouse...

so EA games went and wrapped up the rights to the NFL exclusively. just so little ole 2k couldnt develop any further competing games.

Yes i'm aware. But I'm just a bigger EA Fan than 2k fan. Dunno what it is. Played both but Madden just felt so much more natural.