PDA

View Full Version : Day 1 (Technically Day 2)

SmokeEater319
01-01-2009, 08:20 AM
So today is the 1st of the year and since technically I started yesterday, I have restarted what some on this site seem to call their journey. i lost the 130 lbs but gained back 40. but I have intent on not burning out, but being consistent. I have an addictive personality, and when I commit to doing something, I usually become habitual about it, so I sould like to use that as an attribute.

i need help on diet. Depending on what website you visit, I have learned that the body burns approximately 1800 cals per day just performig sedinatry activities (breathing, sleeping, watching tv, lying around on the sofa, ect..).
I have also learned that apparently the body burns approximately 12 calories per ound of body fat, per hour. At least thats what it says at howstuffworks.com ( search the word: Calories).

I know how to lose weight, but the method I know can make the average person miserable, and since I am an average person, I'm sure that you can put 2 and 2 together.

I need to learn how to lose body fat while gaining muscle, strength, endurance, and overall nutritional knowlodge. I have looked aroung a bit through the posts, but since there are a vast number of posts, its hard to pinpoint the info that I am looking for.

Could someone grant me a bit of help and drop some wisdom in my direction, or even direct my to an article or website that could better answer my questions?