PDA

View Full Version : BIG 10 gonna go 0-7 in bowl games!

JRRBadBoy4Life
12-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Yeah I really think so. LOL.

scarletngrey
12-30-2008, 07:09 PM
I am a huge ohio state fan.

And yes. the Big ten sucks. No arguement here.

OSU is 4-2 in BCS Bowls though, people only remember the last 2 ones.

But oh well.

Runngunn29
12-30-2008, 11:43 PM
B10 was in trouble as soon as Ohio State got into the BCS bowls, bumping every team up to a tougher opponent.

If OSU was kept out, the bowl games would've had much more competitive spreads and probably favored 2-3 more B10 teams.

Wisconsin vs. FSU and NW vs. Mizzou to start off.... Seriously?

scarletngrey
12-31-2008, 01:35 PM
B10 was in trouble as soon as Ohio State got into the BCS bowls, bumping every team up to a tougher opponent.

If OSU was kept out, the bowl games would've had much more competitive spreads and probably favored 2-3 more B10 teams.

Wisconsin vs. FSU and NW vs. Mizzou to start off.... Seriously?

I agree.

OSU did not deserve to go to a BCS Bowl this year.

Instead of playing and probably beating Georgia, Michigan State will be raped by Georgia and every team below OSU is playing a much tougher match-up.

DRob27
12-31-2008, 01:38 PM
Yep, big down year. Northwestern probably surprised a lot of people though.

scarletngrey
12-31-2008, 01:39 PM

I was very disappointed that they lost that game.

I root like hell for the Big Ten come bowl season and they always find a way to **** up and lose. If they make a ****ing extra point then they win that game.

Feny
12-31-2008, 01:42 PM
Iowa should put up a W in their bowl game against South Carolina... I'll be rooting for them..

/thread

Ryan1021
12-31-2008, 01:44 PM
I agree with this, although I was surprised at how well Northwestern played Missouri.

Blowsox13
12-31-2008, 01:47 PM
To be honest it doesn't really matter, you have tradition and big stadiums.

In many peoples eyes this means your teams are always better, no matter what the stats say.

JRRBadBoy4Life
12-31-2008, 07:18 PM
Iowa should put up a W in their bowl game against South Carolina... I'll be rooting for them..

/thread

Probably the only B10 team that has a chance.

DRob27
12-31-2008, 08:12 PM
Probably the only B10 team that has a chance.

I would argue that Penn State has a chance, but it's pointless arguing with people in the misc lol.

iamlegend
12-31-2008, 09:22 PM
well, I just got in from the Insight bowl-and Ku rolled the gophers.

Two bowl trophies, a border war, One big 12, and of course national champions

Rock Chalk ftw

Miz-Zou
12-31-2008, 09:29 PM
I agree with this, although I was surprised at how well Northwestern played Missouri.

I was very disappointed that they lost that game.

I root like hell for the Big Ten come bowl season and they always find a way to **** up and lose. If they make a ****ing extra point then they win that game.

Lol I wasn't, I thought for sure we were going to lose this game. I was a huge Daniel fan but Chase Daniel single handedly blew his Heisman chances (OK State), and our national championship bid (OK state, kansas, Ou).

After the Nebraska game, he started to force EVERYTHING! His passes weren't crisp, he fumbled like 3x in the kansas game, threw like 12 more interceptions after that game, etc. Adios Daniel, Hello 5-star QB B. Gabbert.

Krunk Fu
12-31-2008, 11:24 PM
Big 10 is down this year... but people forget that ACC is 1-9 in BCS games.. And let's not forget... NW is horrible... and they should have beat Mizzou. Minnesota is bad too. There isn't talent on these teams.

But still, Look that last 8 years and Big 10 vs SEC is dead even (record wise vs each other)..

The only teams legit in the Big 10 are OSU and Penn State.. yet, USC is far better then both. So, don't judge them this year.... It's all cyclical. I mean still, OSU produces more pros than any other Div. 1 team (other than Miami)... look at those stats.

But people still forget how in 2005 Iowa beat LSU... PSU and Wisconsin beat Auburn andv Arkansas... and Michigan recently beat Florida..too.. So it's not like the big 10 can't compete.. it's that fact OSU has sucked in 2 big games. I mean OSU is 22-4 vs Big 12 ALL TIME.

scarletngrey
12-31-2008, 11:39 PM
Big 10 is down this year... but people forget that ACC is 1-9 in BCS games.. And let's not forget... NW is horrible... and they should have beat Mizzou. Minnesota is bad too. There isn't talent on these teams.

But still, Look that last 8 years and Big 10 vs SEC is dead even (record wise vs each other)..

The only teams legit in the Big 10 are OSU and Penn State.. yet, USC is far better then both. So, don't judge them this year.... It's all cyclical. I mean still, OSU produces more pros than any other Div. 1 team (other than Miami)... look at those stats.

But people still forget how in 2005 Iowa beat LSU... PSU and Wisconsin beat Auburn andv Arkansas... and Michigan recently beat Florida..too.. So it's not like the big 10 can't compete.. it's that fact OSU has sucked in 2 big games. I mean OSU is 22-4 vs Big 12 ALL TIME.

Its all about what have you done for me lately.

OSU is 4-2 in BCS Bowl games. The last teams we have lost to were USC, LSU, Illinois, Florida.

I cant even remember the last time we lost to a team that wasnt in a BCS bowl that year?

I agree with the rest of the nation. OSU has to prove they can play with the big boys. They have before but lately they have been an embaressment.

As for USC. They should stfu. Stop losing to Stanford and Oregon State and then you wont be stuck killing a Big Ten team and you will be playing for the title. USC has more talent on their team than anyone out there (except for maybe Florida.)

Krunk Fu
12-31-2008, 11:45 PM
All I'm saying is the fact that all of this is cyclical, as history indicates.

scarletngrey
12-31-2008, 11:46 PM
All I'm saying is the fact that all of this is cyclical, as history indicates.

I definitely agree.

Ryan1021
01-01-2009, 12:04 AM
Its all about what have you done for me lately.

OSU is 4-2 in BCS Bowl games. The last teams we have lost to were USC, LSU, Illinois, Florida.

I cant even remember the last time we lost to a team that wasnt in a BCS bowl that year?

I agree with the rest of the nation. OSU has to prove they can play with the big boys. They have before but lately they have been an embaressment.

As for USC. They should stfu. Stop losing to Stanford and Oregon State and then you wont be stuck killing a Big Ten team and you will be playing for the title. USC has more talent on their team than anyone out there (except for maybe Florida.)

Last time we lost to team that was not in a bcs bowl that same year was 2004. Not that it really matters, but since you mentioned it I thoght I would throw it out there.

JRRBadBoy4Life
01-01-2009, 12:13 AM
I would argue that Penn State has a chance, but it's pointless arguing with people in the misc lol.

No your right, PSU and OSU both have a chance. But no doubt Iowa is playing the weakest team out of those 3, and Iowa is a pretty good team themselves. I do believe Iowa will beat South Carolina, but I still think Texas and USC both win, not by a huge margin but maybe about 1-2 TD's. Regardless the BIG 10 is winless so far, and 0-7 is still a possiblity.

=T Bone=
01-01-2009, 08:56 AM
Looks like Iowa is going to **** on south car.

2 int's and 1 fumble by garcia lol.

You would think Spur could get a decent qb to work with

=T Bone=
01-01-2009, 09:12 AM
3rd int by garcia, iowa returns it 40 yards,fumbles,gets it back then thows a int in the enzone next play

bmy-
01-01-2009, 09:18 AM
S.Car is imploding lol.

johnny87
01-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Garcia is playing beyond horrible. litterally every pass he attempts is almost picked off.

GiambiFan
01-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Yeah, Iowa is the only Big Ten team I thought would win.

1-6

Ryan1021
01-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Iowa played well today.

dirtdickens
01-01-2009, 11:15 AM
i think it says a lot when a conference like the Big 10 is hoping to get one bowl win.

scarletngrey
01-01-2009, 11:18 AM
i think it says a lot when a conference like the Big 10 is hoping to get one bowl win.

Having two teams in the BCS really messes up the matchups for the rest of the conference.

JRRBadBoy4Life
01-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Michigan State is surprisingly leading 6-3. I thought Georgia would win big.

=T Bone=
01-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Michigan State is surprisingly leading 6-3. I thought Georgia would win big.

Yeah they are limiting georgias offense pretty well.

Ga is a pretty good 2nd half team, we will see how they play then.

dirtdickens
01-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Richt and Stafford are limiting the Georgia offense.

MSU has gotten some breaks so far and I dont know how much longer the MSU offense can hold out with their only weapon being Ringer. You would think Georgia would have figured that out by now.

=T Bone=
01-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Iowa owned today, of course they had lots of help considering garcia had more complete passes to them than his own players.

newgene
01-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Iowa owned today, of course they had lots of help considering garcia had more complete passes to them than his own players.

Freshman qb's = crap shoot. You never know what you're gonna get.

EMAW
01-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Iowa

/thread.

johnny87
01-05-2009, 08:57 PM
went 1-5

they are also 0-6 in thier last 6 BCS games.