PDA

View Full Version : 2 awesome fast foods you may or may not have tried

iknowjujitsu
12-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Popeye's Naked Tenders - freakin fantastic

and

Olive Garden's Venetian Apricot Chicken (I work there) - about as clean a meal you can get eating out.

Mrs Grudge
12-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Naked tenders? What is it chicken with no skin?

KJR246
12-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Naked tenders?...I think I saw that movie.....

superyeti
12-29-2008, 03:43 PM
I can vouch for the apricot chicken, good stuff. Had that last time I went.

iknowjujitsu
12-29-2008, 05:53 PM
Naked tenders? What is it chicken with no skin?

yeah, not breaded, but they coat in a rub of theirs that's mildly spicy and it is so much better than boring old chicken breasts. they have a deal here on mondays: buy 8 pieces get 8 free so i was all over it today.

the nutrition facts per the popeyes website is for 2 tenders: 130 calories, 3g fat, 3g carbs, 25g proteinz

PVedda56
12-29-2008, 06:01 PM
yeah, not breaded, but they coat in a rub of theirs that's mildly spicy and it is so much better than boring old chicken breasts. they have a deal here on mondays: buy 8 pieces get 8 free so i was all over it today.

the nutrition facts per the popeyes website is for 2 tenders: 130 calories, 3g fat, 3g carbs, 25g proteinz

I know wher I'm eating monday. Thanks!

iknowjujitsu
12-29-2008, 06:13 PM
I know wher I'm eating monday. Thanks!

no prob man - but i get the deal through something they call a POGO card here, it's like a discount card for a bunch of businesses in town and it costs you 20 bucks. i dunno if it's just a local thing or not. still though, popeye's is def worth it

martina92685
12-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Naked tenders?...I think I saw that movie.....

HA! Thanks for the laugh!

synthetic
12-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Popeye's

Naked Chicken Strips
MARINATED CHICKEN STRIPS: CONTAINS UP TO 30 % OF A SOLUTION OF WATER, SEASONING (FOOD STARCH MODIFIED, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, SALT, SEASONING MIX OF DRIED ONION, DRIED GARLIC, DRIED CELERY AND SPICES INCLUDING PAPRIKA, NATURAL FLAVOR (LACTIC ACID, AND POLYSORBATE 80 ADDED FOR EXTRACTION AND STABILITY), SEASONING (MODIFIED CORN STARCH, SALT, NATURAL FLAVORING, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, ONION POWDER, GARLIC POWDER, MALTODEXTRIN, SILICON DIOXIDE), SEASONING (ISOLATED SOY PROTEIN, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, CARAGEENAN WITH LESS THAN 2 % LECITHIN), SODIUM PHOSPHATES, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, AND MALTODEXTRIN. CONTAINS: SOY, MSG
NAKED SEASONING: SELECTED BLEND OF SPICES INCLUDING PAPRIKA, SEASONING BLEND OF DRIED GARLIC AND DRIED ONION, SALT.

healthy???

1) unnatural MSG
2) powderized glass
3) transfat

cant find ingredients for the olive garden food

stancel
12-23-2010, 10:36 AM
XXL Chalupa from Taco Bell. delicious.

It's not as big as they make it sound though :(

snorkelman
12-23-2010, 10:55 AM
buy 8 pieces get 8 free so i was all over it today.

So you sat there and woofed down 16 tenders? Seriously? 2080 calories? 400 grams of protein? Curious, how much was the sodium for the 16 tenders?

WonderPug
12-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Olive Garden's Venetian Apricot Chicken (I work there) - about as clean a meal you can get eating out.

Most restaurants wash the food and generally make sure it's clean before serving ;)

dustinh6719
12-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Popeye's

healthy???

1) unnatural MSG
2) powderized glass
3) transfat

Not this shiit again....

facepalm

synthetic
12-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Not this shiit again....

facepalm

you may not care about your long term health, but if someone is going to make advice of what is supposedly good to eat, even though the food item is labeled as 0g transfat, no sugar, etc etc, people should know the truth.

dustinh6719
12-23-2010, 11:48 AM
you may not care about your long term health, but if someone is going to make advice of what is supposedly good to eat, even though the food item is labeled as 0g transfat, no sugar, etc etc, people should know the truth.

Lol, c'mon bro, there's nothing wrong with transfat, sugar etc. in moderation. OP is not telling people to live off Popeye's naked tenders, he pointed out a healthier option when eating out.

Every post you make is downing "X" food because it's not 100% natural, or has 2 g sugar, or minimal transfat.

synthetic
12-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Lol, c'mon bro, there's nothing wrong with transfat, sugar etc. in moderation. OP is not telling people to live off Popeye's naked tenders, he pointed out a healthier option when eating out.

Every post you make is downing "X" food because it's not 100% natural, or has 2 g sugar, or minimal transfat.

prove me that unnatural transfat is beneficial in anyway....

your argument follows that there is nothing wrong with lead in moderation

WonderPug
12-23-2010, 12:15 PM

You made the assertion of risk and thus you have the burden of proof. That's the way it works!

That's just silly.

That said, there is an ADI and NOEL for blood lead level, by the way. I'm not suggesting deliberate ingestion, but there is background level lead in many water sources, for example. Just so you know...

hankst
12-23-2010, 12:15 PM
Wohoo, finally got to neg him!

dalrsmith
12-23-2010, 12:18 PM
Mouth watering...

WonderPug
12-23-2010, 12:18 PM
wohoo, finally got to neg him!

^^^ ???? ^^^

hankst
12-23-2010, 12:24 PM
^^^ ???? ^^^

Not you, Mr. Pug, sir.
The other guy; the one who's wearing the tin foil hat.

WonderPug
12-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Not you, Mr. Pug, sir.
The other guy; the one who's wearing the tin foil hat.

Ah, I thought for a moment that I offended you and I feared that I did so by calling out the tinfoil hat guy ;-)

I'm glad to see we're on the same page.

kingof_queens
12-23-2010, 12:56 PM
So you sat there and woofed down 16 tenders? Seriously? 2080 calories? 400 grams of protein?

He never said he ate all 16 in one sitting...he didn't even say he ate all 16 by himself!

Curious, how much was the sodium for the 16 tenders?

Pretty sure the sodium is included in the cost of the chicken tenders.

Size16
12-23-2010, 01:06 PM
Popeye's

healthy???

1) unnatural MSG
2) powderized glass
3) transfat

I can understand someone trying to limit MSG and transfat. However, when you say "powderized glass" you lose all credibility.

Silicon Dioxide in Food
Silicon is an indispensable part of the food that we eat daily. As silicon plays a major role in development of the bones, it becomes necessary to include silicon food sources in our diet. In order to maintain healthy strong bones and joints, silicon dioxide in foods is very much essential. Along with calcium and vitamins, silicon dioxide is equally important for proper bone growth, strength and density. Deficiency of silicon can cause osteoarthritis and arthritis. Another important health benefit of silicon is that it minimizes aluminum effects on the body, thereby preventing Alzheimer's disease.

In which case you are trolling...touché.

SideSteal
12-23-2010, 01:06 PM
.pretty sure the sodium is included in the cost of the chicken tenders.

lol

synthetic
12-23-2010, 01:07 PM
You made the assertion of risk and thus you have the burden of proof. That's the way it works!

That's just silly.

That said, there is an ADI and NOEL for blood lead level, by the way. I'm not suggesting deliberate ingestion, but there is background level lead in many water sources, for example. Just so you know...

lead can be filtered out.. to a point yes. water cannot be avoided for essential living, but your food choice can avoid added man made products.

again, we follow the idea of avoiding water with lead dumped into it....

synthetic
12-23-2010, 01:12 PM
I can understand someone trying to limit MSG and transfat. However, when you say "powderized glass" you lose all credibility.

wikipedia

Silica is used primarily in the production of glass for windows, drinking glasses, beverage bottles, and many other uses. The majority of optical fibers for telecommunications are also made from silica. It is a primary raw material for many whiteware ceramics such as earthenware, stoneware, porcelain, as well as industrial Portland cement.

Silicon Dioxide in Food
Silicon is an indispensable part of the food that we eat daily. As silicon plays a major role in development of the bones, it becomes necessary to include silicon food sources in our diet. In order to maintain healthy strong bones and joints, silicon dioxide in foods is very much essential. Along with calcium and vitamins, silicon dioxide is equally important for proper bone growth, strength and density. Deficiency of silicon can cause osteoarthritis and arthritis. Another important health benefit of silicon is that it minimizes aluminum effects on the body, thereby preventing Alzheimer's disease.

haling finely divided crystalline silica dust in very small quantities (OSHA allows 0.1 mg/m3) over time can lead to silicosis, bronchitis, or cancer, as the dust becomes lodged in the lungs and continuously irritates them, reducing lung capacities. (Silica does not dissolve over time.) This effect can be an occupational hazard for people working with sandblasting equipment, products that contain powdered crystalline silica and so on. Children, asthmatics of any age, allergy sufferers, and the elderly (all of whom have reduced lung capacity) can be affected in much less time. Amorphous silica, such as fumed silica is not associated with development of silicosis[38], but may cause irreversible lung damage in some cases[39]. Laws restricting silica exposure with respect to the silicosis hazard specify that the silica is both crystalline and dust-forming.

In respects other than inhalation, pure silicon dioxide is inert and harmless. Clean silicon dioxide yields no fumes and is insoluble in vivo. It is indigestible, with no nutritional value and no toxicity.[citation needed] When silica is ingested orally, it passes unchanged through the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, exiting in the feces, leaving no trace behind.[citation needed] Small pieces of silicon dioxide are also harmless[citation needed] as they do not obstruct the GI tract, if they are not jagged enough to scathe its lining.

A study which followed subjects for 15 years found that higher levels of silica in water appeared to decrease the risk of dementia. The study found that with an increase of 10 milligram-per-day of the intake of silica in drinking water, the risk of dementia dropped by 11%.[40]

Cant find it but I remember seeing a study on rats with adverse effects...

TrainingACU
12-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Popeye's

healthy???

1) unnatural MSG
2) powderized glass
3) transfat

Looks like you could use some transfats.

hankst
12-23-2010, 01:19 PM
wikipedia

Cant find it but I remember seeing a study on rats with adverse effects...

So, you are basically posting something that goes against everything you said, and then try to discredit it by posting that there may or may not be a rat study (which can't be carried over to humans) which shows adverse effects without a source to back it up?

Yeaaaaah, no.

dustinh6719
12-23-2010, 01:22 PM

I never stated it was beneficial.... Just that in moderation it's not as big of a deal as you seem to make it...

???? :confused: Since when did lead become part of this argument?

wikipedia

Strong source of info bro....

ggreenwa
12-23-2010, 01:26 PM
So you sat there and woofed down 16 tenders? Seriously? 2080 calories? 400 grams of protein? Curious, how much was the sodium for the 16 tenders?

Here comes the Math Police, LOL. 16 tenders would be half of those numbers you listed. Although probably high in sodium, not a bad choice for fast food.

foodandfitness
12-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Eating powderized glass every once in a while isn't going to kill you.

My vote is for Rosa's on Taco Tuesday- any 3 tacos, beans, rice, 3 flour tortillas for $3.33.

ErickStevens
12-23-2010, 01:29 PM
That new crunchy burrito from Taco Bell looks great. Fritos in a burrito? Sign me up.

synthetic
12-23-2010, 01:32 PM
I might not be right all the time but its good to always check your sources, I like to raise awareness where people can read on their own and determine if it is beneficial or not.

My anti TF campaign is spawned by my father having 3 heart attacks....