PDA

View Full Version : Rate my Diet!

lovestolift1990
12-28-2008, 06:02 PM
I have been weight training seriously for almost a year now, but only recently have a cleaned up my diet and starting to try and eat really healthy.
So here is what I eat on an average day :

Breakfast - 4 eggs, bowl of natural oatmeal, a couple slices of cantaloupe + multi and fishoil pill

Snack/Postworkout - Protein Shake mixed with milk

Lunch - 2 pieces of salmon, organic yogurt, beans, carrots

Snack - Cantaloupe, almonds, glass of milk

Dinner - 2 pieces of salmon, broccoli, almonds, glass of milk

Pre Bed Time Snack - Lean Turkey Breast

btw I drink water throughout the day, probably around 5-6 500ml bottles per day

Fenis
12-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Your diet looks nice and clean. What are your goals? (cutting/bulking etc)

Postworkout I wouldn't have milk though - it will slow down your absorption.

I hope you don't eat that much salmon everyday! (mercury and other pollutants) Unless it's wild salmon I'd cut it down and have some lean steak on some days. (I'm assuming you do this as you just gave a sample day of your diet).

lovestolift1990
12-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Your diet looks nice and clean. What are your goals? (cutting/bulking etc)

Postworkout I wouldn't have milk though - it will slow down your absorption.

I hope you don't eat that much salmon everyday! (mercury and other pollutants) Unless it's wild salmon I'd cut it down and have some lean steak on some days. (I'm assuming you do this as you just gave a sample day of your diet).
My goal right now is to clean bulk and cut fat, I lift weights 4-5 times a week and do cardio 2-3 times a week. I usually use water post workout, I only take milk if i'm not going to be able to eat for awhile afterwards.About the salmon, I suffer from acne problems and my dermatologist said that this (along with many other foods/treatments) has been known to help.

lovestolift1990
12-28-2008, 06:50 PM
bump, any other suggestions would be appreciated

GermanBarbarian
12-28-2008, 07:59 PM
bump, any other suggestions would be appreciated

Diversify the "diet" a little bit, and scrap the terminology diet. Cut down on the nuts (no homo), include butter with the oats (depending upon how much oats you are eating) and make sure your getting enough fat with each of these meals because fish is pretty lean. Looks decent though (from health standpoint aka not lacking in any major minerals/vitamins except mabye Vit. E and maybe a couple trace min.), if their were set amounts of what you are eating. or atleast in the ballpark, people can get more specific but these would be my suggestions.

Silleli
12-28-2008, 09:12 PM
My goal right now is to clean bulk and cut fat, I lift weights 4-5 times a week and do cardio 2-3 times a week. I usually use water post workout, I only take milk if i'm not going to be able to eat for awhile afterwards.About the salmon, I suffer from acne problems and my dermatologist said that this (along with many other foods/treatments) has been known to help.

It's very tough to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. It usually only happens when you are juicing or you are new to lifting, in which you can do both for about 3 months or so. I suggest picking one - bulking or cutting. If you are bulking, make sure you set your calories at least 500 higher than your daily maintenance. Good luck.

lovestolift1990
12-28-2008, 11:17 PM
does anyone have any idea at all, or could take a guess as to how many calories are in the diet i said?

ruboxxx
12-29-2008, 12:05 AM
It would probably range on the amount of calories depending on how the stuff is prepared I'm guessing, I'm fairly new to all this too, so your best bet would to look at the nutrional labels and just add them up, shouldn't take too long.

Bodom X
12-29-2008, 12:33 AM
I have been weight training seriously for almost a year now, but only recently have a cleaned up my diet and starting to try and eat really healthy.
So here is what I eat on an average day :

Breakfast - 4 eggs, bowl of natural oatmeal, a couple slices of cantaloupe + multi and fishoil pill

Snack/Postworkout - Protein Shake mixed with milk

Lunch - 2 pieces of salmon, organic yogurt, beans, carrots

Snack - Cantaloupe, almonds, glass of milk

Dinner - 2 pieces of salmon, broccoli, almonds, glass of milk

Pre Bed Time Snack - Lean Turkey Breast

btw I drink water throughout the day, probably around 5-6 500ml bottles per day

I'll try..

M1 - 450ish
M2 - Assuming 2x scoop.. 200cal
M3 - 2x sal 200.. other 200..
M4 Almonds have high cal not sure.. assuming around 2serve 250 wmilk
m5 200.. 50.. 150?.. 90 if FF?..
m6 turkey 100cal? size?

I got 1990, 2k. Severely guessing since you don't include how much / size etc.
Most likely under guessing, so final result would be in my guess around 2150.