heres an example of yesterdays diet

6am- 3 eggs, 2 pieces french toast and a glass of orange juice

8am- 1 yogurt and a 45gram protein shake made with 8oz milk

NOON 10oz chicken breast, 1 baked potato, green beans and milk

3pm- a banana and a peanut butter sandwich

530pm workout

7pm 45g protein shake, with a 10oz steak, mashed potatoes, and brocoli

10pm 12oz glass of milk and into bed

i wanna get size. but i dont want to get fat looking. i know its hard to do the medium but i think i eat healthy enough and get enough protein that i should be gaining something. my bench has increased 50lbs in 4 months which im ok with so im getting stronger just not bigger

whats the deal?

determined4000
12-28-2008, 01:37 PM

530pm workout

i wanna get size. but i dont want to get fat looking. i know its hard to do the medium but i think i eat healthy enough and get enough protein that i should be gaining something. my bench has increased 50lbs in 4 months which im ok with so im getting stronger just not bigger

whats the deal?

Looks good
1. I might consider replacing the OJ with whole fresh fruit
2. Always can add more veggies
3. Use whole grain breads for sandwhiches/toast
4. Natty pB if possible

KJR246
12-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Looks good
1. I might consider replacing the OJ with whole fresh fruit
2. Always can add more veggies
3. Use whole grain breads for sandwhiches/toast
4. Natty pB if possible

WW bread is not healthier than white bread if you get enough fiber from other sources. In some cased the enriching process of white bread actually puts in more nutrients than WW bread has. It's overrated IMO.

rude boy
12-28-2008, 01:45 PM

530pm workout

whats the deal?

that's a lot of protein right after your workout. keep the shake and save the steak for an hour or two after your postworkout shake. looks good otherwise

overkill21
12-28-2008, 03:50 PM
that's a lot of protein right after your workout. keep the shake and save the steak for an hour or two after your postworkout shake. looks good otherwise

thats what i was thinking. my body is prob wasting most of the protein after my workout. so ill prob save the steak for later.

i hear eating red meat is really bad though. i use to eat like 20oz of chicken everyday but i decided to go with red meat and see where it takes me.

i usualy get wheat or rye bread on my chicken sandwiches for lunch

belairdfence99
12-28-2008, 04:57 PM
WW bread is not healthier than white bread if you get enough fiber from other sources. In some cased the enriching process of white bread actually puts in more nutrients than WW bread has. It's overrated IMO.

Thats your opinion

OP, why so little protein before your workout? You want protein being digested when you're workin out

overkill21
12-29-2008, 05:28 AM
Thats your opinion

OP, why so little protein before your workout? You want protein being digested when you're workin out

ya know i was thinking about that last week if maybe i should scarf down a chicken breast or a protein shake before my workout. but i just dont like to eat or drink alot of anything but water before or during because i dont want to get sick. its happened before lol