PDA

View Full Version : How long before getting used to the bulking appetite?

Arched69
12-23-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm not usually used to eating 3k+ calories a day, and I've been trying my hardest to eat as healthy as possible but the healthier things get the more I have to eat of it! I just started yesterday for the first time trying to bulk up, and I don't even think I downed 2400 calories yesterday, but today I think I got in a solid 2900 with some milk/peanut butter to boost that about 400 calories.

also, I just wanted to ask that at 170, 5'11 3000 calories is pretty much what I should be shooting for? I'm looking to gain about 1 pound a week, and I don't even know if I should be looking to gain more/less than that =x.

Another thing is that I'm horribly afraid of getting the "fat" look after bulking for some time, should I just not be worried and keep getting my calories in and hitting the gym hard? I used to weight 220 so this is why I'm pretty much terrified of gaining weight and not knowing 100 percent I'm not doing it wrong and just gaining 100 percent pure fat even though I'm getting more than enough protein and I don't eat anything that isn't clean.

wheylover
12-23-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm not usually used to eating 3k+ calories a day, and I've been trying my hardest to eat as healthy as possible but the healthier things get the more I have to eat of it! I just started yesterday for the first time trying to bulk up, and I don't even think I downed 2400 calories yesterday, but today I think I got in a solid 2900 with some milk/peanut butter to boost that about 400 calories.

also, I just wanted to ask that at 170, 5'11 3000 calories is pretty much what I should be shooting for? I'm looking to gain about 1 pound a week, and I don't even know if I should be looking to gain more/less than that =x.

Another thing is that I'm horribly afraid of getting the "fat" look after bulking for some time, should I just not be worried and keep getting my calories in and hitting the gym hard? I used to weight 220 so this is why I'm pretty much terrified of gaining weight and not knowing 100 percent I'm not doing it wrong and just gaining 100 percent pure fat even though I'm getting more than enough protein and I don't eat anything that isn't clean.

i am 140 but i am eating 2800kcal. use a month to get use to it.

i am bulking too. i think we must accept that fat will come, but as long as no one call me fat@$$ i think it is fine

i may cut at Fer/Mar, so that have something to show on beach at june

hope this help

determined4000
12-23-2008, 09:37 PM
stick with dense foods- nuts, PB, granola, dried fruit, dressings, oils, sauces, liquid calories, whey, oats, cheese

Arched69
12-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Just wanted a bit more opinions..

bump

Guai
12-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Eat more calorie dense foods. Say, eat white rice instead of brown. For the same volume of rice, you'll be getting some extra calories from the white rice. Once you have said rice, make it a little tastier by adding olive oil, sesame oil, or butter. Or you can just take that rice and stir fry it with some added veggies and meat, and make yourself a delicious meal that will be high in calories too.

Theenforcer1
12-24-2008, 12:08 PM
White rice doesnt have more calories than brown rice ???

Deskilla
12-24-2008, 12:11 PM

All your food doesn't have to healthy foods. Just eat what you have to, to get the cals in like milk, PB, **** even some poptarts.

Arched69
12-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Well, I'm just scared of gaining back weight that isn't muscle, like I said I used to be fat before and I know how it is to be like that, so to prevent that I'm just pretty much cutting out anything that is processed/fried/unhealthy etc. Even though I'm being way too hard on myself, I just like to be strict on myself if I'm going to put effort into something.

Deskilla
12-24-2008, 12:18 PM
Well, I'm just scared of gaining back weight that isn't muscle, like I said I used to be fat before and I know how it is to be like that, so to prevent that I'm just pretty much cutting out anything that is processed/fried/unhealthy etc. Even though I'm being way too hard on myself, I just like to be strict on myself if I'm going to put effort into something.

unhealthy food doesn't make you fat... man your 15 there is no need for a eating disorder at yoru age. just eat and lift, not that hard to do.

xl Achilles lx
12-24-2008, 01:29 PM
unhealthy food doesn't make you fat... man your 15 there is no need for a eating disorder at yoru age. just eat and lift, not that hard to do.

That's not an eating disorder, that's being health conscious. Like he said, he used to be over weight, how hard is it to understand where he's coming from?

What the **** is it with people and jumping all over someone for not eating a candy bar? THAT DOESN'T CONSTITUTE AS AN EATING DISORDER. People need to read up on the definition of an actual eating disorder before accusing everyone and their ****ing mothers of having one.

Hey, you're 6'1 and only 180lbs? You must be anorexic.

lth
12-24-2008, 01:32 PM
That's not an eating disorder, that's being health conscious. Like he said, he used to be over weight, how hard is it to understand where he's coming from?

What the **** is it with people and jumping all over someone for not eating a candy bar? That DOESN'T CONSTITUTE AS AN EATING DISORDER. People need to read up on the definition of an actual eating disorder before accusing everyone and their ****ing mothers of having one.

Awsome post, reps on spread....logic is bliss folks.

xl Achilles lx
12-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Awsome post, reps on spread....logic is bliss folks.

Oh hai, I haz a candy bar but I just had dinner so I'm kinda full and I don't want it... Do I haz an eating disorder?

lth
12-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Oh hai, I haz a candy bar but I just had dinner so I'm kinda full... Do I haz an eating disorder?

He haz teh eating disorder!

http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/flame-insults/1/Belittle-Eat_Your_Kids.jpg

mac520
12-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Wow ^^^^ Well timed picture :)

It takes time to get your stomach to expand to accept the food. You can speed up your goal of reaching the desired number of calories per day by finding foods you LIKE, because your stomach will be able to ignore the fact that it's about to explode if it tastes good enough. Also choose foods that are dense in calories. Pasta is my staple dish: half a box of pasta, add whatever seasonings you want, finish it all off with a large glass of milk; easily 1200 calories. Easy to make, too. Try liquid foods. Milk is a miracle. Drinking a large glass of milk with every meal easily adds about 600-1200 calories per day depending on frequency and desired fat content. Invest in a blender, and make your own shakes for breakfast. Milk, dry oats (I recommend pre-blending oats into a powder first), whatever fruit your want, and a scoop of whey. 900 calorie breakfast shake.

Deskilla
12-24-2008, 02:14 PM

What the **** is it with people and jumping all over someone for not eating a candy bar? THAT DOESN'T CONSTITUTE AS AN EATING DISORDER. People need to read up on the definition of an actual eating disorder before accusing everyone and their ****ing mothers of having one.

Hey, you're 6'1 and only 180lbs? You must be anorexic.

Okay so maybe it was to early to pull out the ED card, but still there is no need for a 15 year old to be scared to eat unhealthy foods. If you could show me how "unhealthy" food makes you fat then okay.

ddollar
12-24-2008, 02:21 PM
You see that he is only 15 right?. So if your only 15, you really watch everything you eat, and are scared to eat some unhealthy foods, thats not a eating disorder? Please tell me how eating "unhealthy" foods makes you fat? There really is no need to be health conscious at age 15.

He never said he was afraid of eating unhealthy foods he just asked how long it would take to get accustomed to eating as much as he is on his bulk. Also i dont care how old you are its always good to be healh conscious, to answer the OP keep eating 3k weigh in a week or two look in the mirror and adjust your calories accordingly and as for getting used to eating all the extra food took me about a week.

qdiddy69
12-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Okay so maybe it was to early to pull out the ED card, but still there is no need for a 15 year old to be scared to eat unhealthy foods. If you could show me how "unhealthy" food makes you fat then okay.

unhealthy foods make u fat.... (aside from the a calorie is a calorie discussion)they throw off macros and are empty calories, theirs nothing wrong with a 15 year old wanting to bulk on clean foods, he chooses to be healthy and thats a good thing although you may have a point in that a little unhealthy food is ok just to get in the calories that he otherwise would not be able to get in

Deskilla
12-24-2008, 02:30 PM
He never said he was afraid of eating unhealthy foods he just asked how long it would take to get accustomed to eating as much as he is on his bulk. Also i dont care how old you are its always good to be healh conscious, to answer the OP keep eating 3k weigh in a week or two look in the mirror and adjust your calories accordingly and as for getting used to eating all the extra food took me about a week.

Um yeah he did.. He said you wants to eat healthy foods so he doesn't get the fatz from unhealthy foods basically.

ddollar
12-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Um yeah he did.. He said you wants to eat healthy foods so he doesn't get the fatz from unhealthy foods basically.

Um no he said he wants to see if he is doing that right thing on his bulk because he doesnt want to bulk for months and just end up gaining fat never did he say i am never going to not eat clean he just said he is going to try and keep it as healthy as possible which there is nothing wrong with did you even read what he wrote?

Deskilla
12-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Um no he said he wants to see if he is doing that right thing on his bulk because he doesnt want to bulk for months and just end up gaining fat never did he say i am never going to not eat clean he just said he is going to try and keep it as healthy as possible which there is nothing wrong with did you even read what he wrote?

Maybe I did read it wrong, I could of swore he said he only wants to eat healthy foods and couldn't get in enough cals in a day because healthy foods are not cal dense. (Which he kind of does say) but whatever, I apologize to all in this thread about my option of not having to be so strict about eating all healthy foods and live a little. Especially at age 15.

Merry Christmas

ddollar
12-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Maybe I did read it wrong, I could of swore he said he only wants to eat healthy foods and couldn't get in enough cals in a day because healthy foods are not cal dense. (Which he kind of does say) but whatever, I apologize to all in this thread about my option of not having to be so strict about eating all healthy foods and live a little. Especially at age 15.

Merry Christmas

Honestly the way you were putting made it sound like he doesnt need to healthy period but w/e yes OP eat healthy but dont feel bad eating a treat everyday even just make sure you hit your macros.

Deskilla
12-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Honestly the way you were putting made it sound like he doesnt need to healthy period but w/e yes OP eat healthy but dont feel bad eating a treat everyday even just make sure you hit your macros.

No its great to have healthy foods. What I meant is if your complaining or worried your not going to hit your calories for the day then its okay to have unhealthy foods and to not be so strict on your self, which can lead to a eating disorder.

xl Achilles lx
12-24-2008, 03:25 PM

The person you called out for having an eating disorder was also over-weight at one point in his life. His post stated that he was avoiding "dirty" foods like candy, sweets etc etc because he was once over weight. Being over-weight screws with your self image, now that he's lost the weight, I certainly don't blame him for avoiding the foods that previously made him over-weight.

In regards to "unhealthy" food making you gain weight, it most certainly doesn't. However it lends a hand. One feels much more satiated after eating a balanced, "clean" meal than a slice of pizza and a snickers bar.

lth
12-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Exactly, psychological advantage, thats it