PDA

View Full Version : Potatoes or sweet potatoes pwo?

Skinnnny
12-22-2008, 03:22 AM
hey guys I wanna change my dinner, post workout I usually drink protein shake+2bananas and 1-1.5 hours later I eat whole wheat bread (3-4) slices with cottage cheese/Tuna and veggies.

anyway I want to change my carbs from WW bread to potatoes(normal) but I saw that it has very high GI and since I already eat high GI carbs immediately post workout (bananas) im looking for complex carb for the dinner, it is really bad if Ill eat those potatoes or keep eating WW bread?

and by the way I'll ask something else - I was eating below my maintenance for a while, and now im going back to bulking, it would be 600+ calories over what im eating now, its ok to do that? or should I add 100-200 cals first?

thanks,

The Solution
12-22-2008, 03:32 AM
Potatoes are fine, the GI of a potato by its lonesome doesnt mean **** when you have it with a meal. Stop worrying about the damn GI because its so insignificant because people never eat a carb source just by itself.

galahan
12-22-2008, 03:37 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't be concerned about the GI. From a micronutrient perspective sweet potatoes are more nutritious though, so if you're indifferent taste-wise I'd go with the SP.

Mtguy8787
12-22-2008, 03:40 AM
Sweet potato FTW.

Tastes better.

It doesnt matter, though. Neither is better here.

KJR246
12-22-2008, 03:45 AM
Sweet potato FTW.

Tastes better.

It doesnt matter, though. Neither is better here.

I like them with PB. Yummmmmmmm. MY grandma thought it was some weightoss breakthrough because I ate them a lot when I was losing weight. Haha.