PDA

View Full Version : Lower ab fat, sugestions on approach

pcc708dc
12-21-2008, 09:51 AM
Before anyone starts in on me...let me say I am a believer that you can't target where you gain or lose fat. Its genetics and diet. However:

I recently got up to 202, right now im 196-197. My bf is about 8-9%. I was about 7%-8% before i bulked. Im happy with my muscle development, but i noticed that the bottom set of abs (i have an 8 pack, with the bottom 2 hidden because of this), don't look right. I am not sure if it is my posture, diet, or too little/too much ab work on those 2 lower abdominals.

Since i cut the weight I increased my cardio to about 25 mins 3 times a week, and am doing more core focused lifts, with minimal isolation exercises. I eat a realtivly low fat/high protein diet, and excercise 5-6 times a week.

My suggestions to get rid of the fat (to myself) were the following...PLEASE SUGGEST MORE/ FIX MY LIST!!!!

-Green tea once a day (or capsules, they worked for me before)
-Continue 3X a week cardio
-Drink additional water (80-160 oz as appropriate)
-No snacks after 10pm ( i sleep around 12am).
-Get more sleep 7.5-8 hours
-More lower ab exercises ?????? (this might hurt me?!)

Thanks in advance, reps as always to good reply

johnboy94
12-21-2008, 10:16 AM
Looks to me like there's not an ounce of fat on you . Maybe cardio 5x a week.

pcc708dc
12-21-2008, 10:17 AM
That picture is about 18 months old....maybe time to change it.....

pcc708dc
12-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Any other suggestions?

filipinafit
12-22-2008, 09:27 PM
what do you mean "don't look right" ? do they have a thin layer of fat over them? are they uneven? is this a really recent development? if it's just a little excess weight then i would say check on your carb/sodium intake and make sure you're diet's tight...if they're uneven it's genetics and you can't change that...as far as over training goes (as long as you're not over working them every day in an attempt to 'fix' them) then it's probably not the cause. not sure if this helped but i hope you figure it out :)

Wild_Weasel
12-22-2008, 10:02 PM
My comments/suggestions:

1. You are probably too critical
2. Have you taken a break from training in a while? Is overtraining stalling your progress?
3. Cut a few hundred calories maybe (I don't know what your diet is like)