PDA

View Full Version : what are the foods u hate to eat, but do cause of the nutrition value?

dempsey_124
12-20-2008, 02:51 AM
mine is tuna so balnd and boring and dry

untitled8
12-20-2008, 02:57 AM
veg, i don't mind eating it, but if i didn't have to, i wouldn't.

I'm not a big fan of tuna either, so i only eat it once or twice a week, just supplement with fish oil.

Chris_co
12-20-2008, 02:57 AM
None.

There are always alternatives. I don't eat stuff I don't like.

CharliC
12-20-2008, 02:59 AM
None.

^ This.

TheBillDozer04
12-20-2008, 03:05 AM
eggs and tuna yuck

dempsey_124
12-20-2008, 03:12 AM
coz im on a tight budget cant really afford steak and chicken all the time, so have eat cheap crap eg dreaded tuna. love eggs tho

Chris_co
12-20-2008, 03:24 AM
coz im on a tight budget cant really afford steak and chicken all the time, so have eat cheap crap eg dreaded tuna. love eggs tho

A can of tuna is like 75 cents and is one serving (one meal, I don't care what the can says).

A bag of chicken breasts is $6 for like 8 huge pieces. That comes out to 75 cents or less each.

Also, chicken breasts are often on sale, like 4 in a pack for $3. That's also 75 cents.

You can get a thing of like 7 small steaks for $6. That's 85 cents each.

I think people just assume that tuna is the cheapest option, when it's really not. There's no need to choke it down.

Mr.Runner
12-20-2008, 04:17 AM
Nope. If there's something I don't like, I'll concede and make it a LITTLE less healthy to be able to eat it.

untitled8
12-20-2008, 04:29 AM
None.

could you suggest an alternative to eating vegetables?

Ekke
12-20-2008, 04:46 AM
A can of tuna is like 75 cents and is one serving (one meal, I don't care what the can says).

A bag of chicken breasts is $6 for like 8 huge pieces. That comes out to 75 cents or less each.

Also, chicken breasts are often on sale, like 4 in a pack for $3. That's also 75 cents.

I think people just assume that tuna is the cheapest option, when it's really not. There's no need to choke it down.

That would depend greatly on your country.. around here the goverment are controlling food prices, and they upped the price on all "unhealthy" foods, which is their eyes, are all fresh meats aswell. They downed the price on vegetables to justify for it though, it's still damn annoying. The funny thing is canned stuff isn't affected by the regulations.

they are trying to turn us vegan :(

Also some Health-Expert around here is filling up the tv screens all over nation, claiming you'll get fat if you eat carbs and protein in the same meal, and claim you have to eat it in seperate meals and just about every individual in the entire nation is sucking it up..

Sorry about going a little offtopic, but damn it's pissing me off.

On topic, I don't really eat any foods i don't like.. I actually found myself enjoying vegetables i never ate perviously like cauliflower, spinach, mushrooms, avocado etc. - Somehow i were disgusted by them, but after starting doing various ketogenic diets for a year it kinda forced me to give alot of veggies a second try and i really enjoy it.

Christianyouth
12-20-2008, 04:52 AM
I agree OP. Tuna is bad. So is Cottage Cheese. Oatmeal is pretty dull too, but very cheap and healthy.

harlan100
12-20-2008, 05:01 AM
Cat food

underfed
12-20-2008, 05:23 AM

in australia 8 huge pieces of chicken would weigh about 2kg, which at average chicken prices, that 2kg would cost about $20-24. not exactly cheap

KJR246
12-20-2008, 05:27 AM
Cat food
There you go. It's got everything you need in 1 can.

eriksage
12-20-2008, 05:41 AM

+greens supplement, ftw

RandallH19891
12-20-2008, 05:42 AM
+greens supplement, ftw

owned

can you suggest some good ones, anyways?

gecko...
12-20-2008, 05:46 AM
in australia 8 huge pieces of chicken would weigh about 2kg, which at average chicken prices, that 2kg would cost about $20-24. not exactly cheap

I was thinking that too. . I wish I could get cheap chicken. :(

eriksage
12-20-2008, 06:08 AM
anything by garden of life is real good(so ive heard), i eat the real stuff though so havent had any need to test em out, no one can tell me that brocolli doesnt taste good with a nice cheese sauce, other then that all other veggies i like plain and if you dont there is many ways to add veggies to things that are strong in flavour if your not to keen on the taste

Theenforcer1
12-20-2008, 06:12 AM
I never can understand how people cannot eat veggies. You are telling me that out of all the goddamn vegetables out there there are none that you like? Broccoli, Califlower, Brussels sprouts, carrots, cabbage, romaine, beets, etc. etc. I am sure there is SOMETHING out there you like. and there are so many ways to prepare them. Hell I LOVE WINTER SQUASHES. I seriously go through like one huge hubbard squash a day. God bless the farmers market...went out there even in the blizzard lol.

Dukey77777
12-20-2008, 06:12 AM
owned

can you suggest some good ones, anyways?

http://www.nutrigrass.com/images/wheatgrass%20tablets.gif (http://www.nutrigrass.com/wheatgrass.htm)

Click on the image to go to the site. These seem relatively inexpensive. You can buy Wheat Grass there in tablet or powder form. (searched google: wheat grass)

Simmo0508
12-20-2008, 06:26 AM
Oats, tuna & broccoli.

Yuckkk lol

dan__
12-20-2008, 06:57 AM
i really dont mind eating tuna or a heap of vegetables.. and over the past year ive gotten used to raw eggs as well.

As for chicken being cheaper than tuna.... here in Australia you can get a 425g can for $2.. chicken breasts on average are sold at $10 a kg... you do the math :)

Something I can't stand eating is canned beef... im not much of a cook so I just eat it straight out of the can by itself. Even though it looks like dog food it works wonders when im bulking.. much cheaper than buying fresh red meat as well.

BenchRat
12-20-2008, 07:11 AM
i used to hate goat semen, but that stuff has really grown on me

Olympique
12-20-2008, 08:35 AM
mine is tuna so balnd and boring and dry

eggs and tuna yuck

LOL canned tunna is not really that nutritious, just packed with protein. The thread is not about the cost either, although I concur that it's one good reason why canned tuna has been so popular.

bodydropcris
12-20-2008, 08:36 AM
man you guys suck, when i was younger a tuna sandwich was a staple in my fat kid diet.... so im happy i can eat it now and impress health nuts...

Beast21
12-20-2008, 08:54 AM
i really dont mind eating tuna or a heap of vegetables.. and over the past year ive gotten used to raw eggs as well.

Why do you eat raw eggs?

KJR246
12-20-2008, 08:56 AM
i used to hate goat semen, but that stuff has really grown on me

Mmmm. You're gettin me hungry. I like to mix it with celltech.

martina92685
12-20-2008, 09:00 AM

I never understood how people can just hate vegetables. That's like saying that I hate grains. Not that I'm allergic, I just don't like the taste.

There are a gazillion types of veggies, and I doubt you have tried them all.

Olympique
12-20-2008, 09:00 AM
Why do you eat raw eggs?It's very convenient at times.

mingo3403
12-20-2008, 09:18 AM
i fkn love veggies, tuna, cottage cheese, wheat, <3 oats just plain with maybe a few almonds in there.

IN LOVE eating healthy some delicious ass food.

om nom nom nom

zakhan
12-20-2008, 09:26 AM
Who eats tuna straight outta the can???! Dude mix that s*** with pepper/hot sauce and mayo, it's soo good! and the best part is you can make a sandwich on ww bread! tuna sandwiches ftw!

untitled8
12-20-2008, 10:33 AM
It's very convenient at times.

im starting to consume the majority of my eggs raw now as a quick start to the day.

untitled8
12-20-2008, 10:34 AM
+greens supplement, ftw

thanks!

untitled8
12-20-2008, 10:38 AM
I never understood how people can just hate vegetables. That's like saying that I hate grains. Not that I'm allergic, I just don't like the taste.

There are a gazillion types of veggies, and I doubt you have tried them all.

did i say i HATED them?

i just said that i don't mind eating them, but if i didn't have to i wouldnt.

There are some vegs i like exculsively, of course, but in general, vegs have never excited me.

eriksage
12-22-2008, 01:05 AM
It's very convenient at times.

so is hard boiling 12 eggs when you get them and bringing them like you would a raw egg and eating them cooked, just sayin

The Solution
12-22-2008, 03:35 AM
None.

End it.

Milk
Tuna
Can Salmon
Eggs
Cottage Cheese on Sale
Other meats / chicken on sale buy in bulk

Its too easy you just make it hard.

galahan
12-22-2008, 03:40 AM
Uniliver (fine it's techincally a supp). Just wish the tabs were smaller.

SteR-
12-22-2008, 04:00 AM
fish oil, tinned salmon, brocolli, spinach, oats... ugh! in fact, if nutrition wasn't so important for training, i'd probably live off a diet of cake and pudding

Olympique
12-22-2008, 07:26 PM
so is hard boiling 12 eggs when you get them and bringing them like you would a raw egg and eating them cooked, just sayinI do not disagree with you, that's even better. It's just that some mornings I just dump one in a glass of milk or orange juice and drink it.

seattlems333
12-22-2008, 07:33 PM
None.

x2. The logic here is unquestionable.

eriksage
12-23-2008, 07:01 AM
I do not disagree with you, that's even better. It's just that some mornings I just dump one in a glass of milk or orange juice and drink it.

ill take my 5 minutes to boil them, salmonella is a one in bazillion chance but i still dont even like those odds when it literally takes a monkey to cook eggs

RSobkowz
12-23-2008, 07:06 AM
None. If I don't enjoy eating it I don't eat it. That's why people fail. There's a million delicious and healthy foods out there to pick from that there's no reason to eat it if you don't like it.

rainieravesouth
12-23-2008, 08:08 AM
i dont eat what i dont like.