PDA

View Full Version : anyone got info on Dry Milk?

L-Guidomine
12-19-2008, 10:00 AM
if you dont know what it is, its powdered milk you can get in packets. just add water and bam, u got yourself some milk.

i was thinkning i could keep some dry milk and meal replacement whey/carb stuff in my car or whatever.. or even take it to class everyday and add just water from the water fountain.

is it just as good as milk? probably not, but is it close?

KJR246
12-19-2008, 10:27 AM
if you dont know what it is, its powdered milk you can get in packets. just add water and bam, u got yourself some milk.

i was thinkning i could keep some dry milk and meal replacement whey/carb stuff in my car or whatever.. or even take it to class everyday and add just water from the water fountain.

is it just as good as milk? probably not, but is it close?

As far as I know the nurtition is the same. I put in oats for creaminess. I've seen some things saying that the protein isn't good, then others saying it is. I don't know, but it's delicious.

ExpatJohn
12-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Interesting question. I'd like to know more. Anyone have some research on this?

SooRipped
12-19-2008, 11:39 AM
in my own experience the powdered stuff tastes disgusting compared to regular milk...i remember my parents used to drink it all the time, and when i tried it i just found it tasted wrong. you might find the opposite to be true, but that's my two cents.

PTN_old
12-19-2008, 11:41 AM
reminds me of mayo and miracle whip..

after being raised on miracle whip, mayo just taste spoiled..