PDA

View Full Version : should PWO shake be considered a meal?

jeztah
12-18-2008, 05:05 AM
should I consider PWO shake consisting of 1/2 cup oats + 1 scoop ON whey a meal? because after i workout, i drink my PWO shake.. and 2 hrs after, i eat rice+lean meat..

should i consider my PWO shake as a meal or immediately eat solid foods ASAP after taking my PWO shake? tnx in advance!

CharliC
12-18-2008, 05:10 AM
It's up to you. You don't need to worry about getting whole foods immediately after working out if you're having your shake. Many people find it makes them nauseous to eat a full meal (I'm not one of those people, I just feel ravenous after a workout :o). But it's worth bringing your rice + lean meat forward to one hour PWO rather than two.

Oh, and if you are just going to stick to your shake right after working out, you might want to add to it- some simple carbs like fruit, milk etc. wouldn't go amiss.

n1k0l1
12-18-2008, 05:14 AM
if you consider it a meal - thats completly up to you - you should add it into your macros and calorie intake consideration for the day.

jeztah
12-18-2008, 05:32 AM
tnx again CharliC! and n1k0l1! i don't like milk cause it causes me acne, i might try adding a banana to my PWO shake or should i change my PWO shake to 2bananas+1 scoop ON whey instead? tnx again in advance!

Dukey77777
12-18-2008, 05:44 AM
tnx again CharliC! and n1k0l1! i don't like milk cause it causes me acne, i might try adding a banana to my PWO shake or should i change my PWO shake to 2bananas+1 scoop ON whey instead? tnx again in advance!

Are you sure that's the reason? I also recently had a breakout after significantly increasing my milk/eggs intake....but I just attributed it to the cold, dry Korean climate.

martina92685
12-18-2008, 05:47 AM
Are you sure that's the reason? I also recently had a breakout after significantly increasing my milk/eggs intake....but I just attributed it to the cold, dry Korean climate.

Lactose can be a factor in acne. It's all individual, though.

And to the OP, the number of meals you eat a day are not important. Listen to what your body tells you. I personally want to eat the world after a workout, and some people can barely drink a protein shake.

Do what works for YOU.

CharliC
12-18-2008, 05:51 AM

I'd keep the oats in and add one banana, get your mixture of carbs in there.

jeztah
12-18-2008, 03:02 PM
tnx for all replies! :D

Flex500
12-18-2008, 03:21 PM
should I consider PWO shake consisting of 1/2 cup oats + 1 scoop ON whey a meal? because after i workout, i drink my PWO shake.. and 2 hrs after, i eat rice+lean meat..

should i consider my PWO shake as a meal or immediately eat solid foods ASAP after taking my PWO shake? tnx in advance!
anytime you take in food I would consider it a "meal". Of course this is really sort of semantics here and obviously I don't mean if you eat a tic tac to call it a meal.

jeztah
12-19-2008, 04:28 PM
anytime you take in food I would consider it a "meal". Of course this is really sort of semantics here and obviously I don't mean if you eat a tic tac to call it a meal.

tnx! reps added