PDA

View Full Version : these days I cant afford to eat protein 6 times a day

dozoxjams
12-15-2008, 06:22 PM
These days I can?t afford to eat rich source of proteins 6 times a day. I feel like I?m spending too much money on myself and my body.(it comes right through my a#% anyway) I feel egotistic and somehow even guilt???... lol
(better save up my account) Anybody feels the same? Anyways what are good high in protein food and relatively cheap?

XtremeFitnessINC
12-15-2008, 06:24 PM
Eggs.

KappaRaiders
12-15-2008, 06:24 PM
Eggs.

damn i was hoping id be the first.

seriously. eat tons of eggs. them things are cheaps.

dozoxjams
12-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Eggs.

What do I do with egg yolks?

that's why I hate eggs.

The Solution
12-15-2008, 06:29 PM
What do I do with egg yorks?

that's why I hate eggs.

Eat them for your healthy fats, or have a few egg yolks and a bunch of whites.
Not hard.

jked4life
12-15-2008, 06:30 PM
These days I can?t afford to eat rich source of proteins 6 times a day. I feel like I?m spending too much money on myself and my body.(it comes right through my a#% anyway) I feel egotistic and somehow even guilt???... lol
(better save up my account) Anybody feels the same? Anyways what are good high in protein food and relatively cheap?

I have never felt this way. What could be more important than fueling your body with the proper nutrients (bodybuilding aside)? This should also be about health, not just ego.

Priorties.... (I won't go there though)

Besides, there are plenty of pretty cheap protein sources.

1) Whey - Gram for gram this is actually a pretty cheap source. It can be the cheapest.

2) Eggs- around here they are real cheap.

3) Milk

4) Tuna - Canned

5) Frozen Chicken Breasts - a little more costly, but overall a good buy.

Also, if you shop at a place like Sam's Club or Costco you can save a good amount of money.

Personally, I think I spend less on food than the average person that eats out often. Even if they are eating fast food, ect...

Cutting can be real cheap too :)

batman15
12-15-2008, 06:30 PM
too many eggs can make your stomach hurt like a mofo though right?

KappaRaiders
12-15-2008, 06:32 PM
too many eggs can make your stomach hurt like a mofo though right?

ive yet to find that out. i eat 6 for breakfast every morning. my farts will quite literally clear a room, but thats about it.

eggs and cheese/salsa/hot sauce/crushed red peppers
its all good baby

Rucker12
12-15-2008, 06:50 PM
tuna is cheap, eggs are cheap, frozen chicken is somewhat cheap depending on where you shop, cottage cheese is cheap