PDA

View Full Version : How unhealthy was my transformation?

MilesThirst
12-14-2008, 11:29 PM
In the summer of 2007, I lost 60 pounds in three months, 40 of those I shed in my first three weeks.

During those three weeks, I woke up early in the am, ran for 30 minutes, ate breakfast (normally some eggs and toast or something), had an apple as a snack, did 20 laps at a local pool before lunch, ate a sandwich and some skim milk for lunch, had a protein bar or something as a snack, ate dinner, and ran for 30 minutes before bed, and then crashed.

People told me that I overexercised, and that i had a form of anorexia, but I felt great the entire summer as I worked at bettering myself - I went from 5'8 200 to 5'8 140.

vinhdiezel
12-14-2008, 11:43 PM
i've never heard of anyone losing that much weight per week seems very unhealthy but to each his/her own! The recommended weight you should be losing per week is like 1-2lbs a max.

What I would recommend you do is get checked by a doctor just to see if you're alright physically and internally.

Baboun
12-15-2008, 12:01 AM
Stats: 5'9", 135 lbs

wtf

What is your goal ?
And also, 40lbs in a 3 weeks is way over the top. Loose skin issues ?

Appetite
12-15-2008, 03:17 AM
People told me that I overexercised, and that i had a form of anorexia, but I felt great the entire summer as I worked at bettering myself - I went from 5'8 200 to 5'8 140.

Probably the healthiest way to loose weight is by eating enough and doing alot of cardio. This is far far better than not eating enough.

I have been in a state of 'over training' and you feel rotten. If you felt good then you weren't over training.

There will always be people who don't have the motivation to do what you did who will tell you that it is bad for you.

What are your goals now? With the motivation it took to get down to the track 2x per day, with abit of training and diet manipulation you could do whatever you wanted with your physique.

cnparong
12-15-2008, 06:09 AM
It's usually recommended to only lose between 1-2lbs a week. If you lose more, it's usually means that your also losing muscle mass. Because your definitely not eating enough calories your body is probably breaking down your muscles to use as energy. Sounds to me like it was unhealthy and pretty anorexic. You shouldn't be hung up on weight anyway. You should go by how you look and how you feel, but then again if you have a disturbed body image that's another thread.

Anticrombie315
12-15-2008, 06:22 AM
I lost 30 pounds this summer, and I was already skinny as fck. If you are just working hard, it's not that bad for you. But this is keeping in mind that any calorie deficit is inherently "unhealty", because it is a lack of proper nourishment. Although your transformation is somewhat extreme. But if you felt fine, I can't imagine it was too bad for you.

SocratesTX
12-15-2008, 06:52 AM
You probably won't know until your kidneys or some other organ starts to fail in the coming years. Its really hard to tell, but it would appear that what you did had to be unhealthy from an average person standpoint.

HerveDuchemin
12-15-2008, 07:03 AM
In the summer of 2007, I lost 60 pounds in three months, 40 of those I shed in my first three weeks.

During those three weeks, I woke up early in the am, ran for 30 minutes, ate breakfast (normally some eggs and toast or something), had an apple as a snack, did 20 laps at a local pool before lunch, ate a sandwich and some skim milk for lunch, had a protein bar or something as a snack, ate dinner, and ran for 30 minutes before bed, and then crashed.

Good stuff. You're 18 years old, the body can handle that kind of stress at your age.

MilesThirst
12-15-2008, 04:04 PM
My goal was just to look better naked, and i accomplished it (no loose skin). I didn't have enough money for my gym membership (i wasnt really serious anyways) after the end of my sophomore year, and I benched around 150 then, I bench 125 now, so I dont think I really lost THAT much muscle, though I know i lost some. I remained active, but basically took all the time between then and now off, I'm going to start attempting to build mass.

Good stuff. You're 18 years old, the body can handle that kind of stress at your age.

:)

A_Hard_Rain
12-15-2008, 04:51 PM
wow that's really impressive despite the unhealthy factor. the problem with losing weight like that is it's easy to put it back on, but as long as you keep a healthy lifestyle that shouldn't be a problem.