PDA

View Full Version : to eat junk or not to eat

ralysjk
12-12-2008, 10:53 AM
Quick question everyone, with the holidays coming up and lot's of travel to extended family etc. its not always possible to eat as healthy as I'd like. In the situations where you've got to decide between eating nothing and eating complete garbage, what would you do?

prady
12-12-2008, 10:54 AM
eat garbage > eating nothing

Ted Nugent
12-12-2008, 10:55 AM

x2, enjoy the holidays, eat some cake, live life....doesnt mean go on a month long binge, but if you go to dinner or a party stop stressing for a second and eat what you want, believe me it feels great :)

joshjaeckels
12-12-2008, 10:57 AM
Theres always a way to make it work... your family might think your weird for have a shake with the green bean and almond dish but you got to do what you got to do! And if your on a strict regiment than a cheat meal once a week will not hurt your progress

Cronos1247
12-12-2008, 11:01 AM
Wait I thought New Years resolutions were the answer to eating so bad towards the end of the year? It makes everything ok.

Enjoy time with your family, you can get sufficient amounts of food and protein from a thousand different sources. Enjoy the holidays!

bodydropcris
12-12-2008, 11:46 AM
man i see all these threads that pop up about holiday eating, i must be the only one whose family prepares a well rounded meal.... if i happen to be trying to drop some weight, ill just pick up some turkey, a couple varieties of veggies, a roll, a diet coke, and a small piece of cake/pie.... i just skip past the mac and cheese, numerous casseroles, etc and still have fun with my family, just eating in moderation.... im grown so my family doesnt try to shove food in me like im 3 years old and want nothing but candy....

CashboxSunrise
12-12-2008, 11:47 AM

i agree with this

ralysjk
12-12-2008, 04:10 PM
man i see all these threads that pop up about holiday eating, i must be the only one whose family prepares a well rounded meal.... if i happen to be trying to drop some weight, ill just pick up some turkey, a couple varieties of veggies, a roll, a diet coke, and a small piece of cake/pie.... i just skip past the mac and cheese, numerous casseroles, etc and still have fun with my family, just eating in moderation.... im grown so my family doesnt try to shove food in me like im 3 years old and want nothing but candy....

I try to eat in moderation, and I've brought my protein to make sure I hit my macros, my fiance's family just doesn't eat any whole wheat, loves their potato chips, sour cream dips, etc. To give you some sort of idea her dad is like 5'5" and must weight 300 pounds, great guy just the product of crappy eating over long periods of time and I'm going to be at their house for 3 or 4 weekends in a row.

RuShJuNkiE
12-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Quick question everyone, with the holidays coming up and lot's of travel to extended family etc. its not always possible to eat as healthy as I'd like. In the situations where you've got to decide between eating nothing and eating complete garbage, what would you do?

Don't worry, you have the rest of your life to work it off. :)

Enjoy the holidays.

Paumen
12-12-2008, 06:39 PM
This time of year I let myself have whatever and whenever, but after the first of Jan I eat much more constructive.