PDA

View Full Version : Whos the better college qb?

5x10
12-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Tim Tebow the last 2 yrs
or Vince Young his last 2 yrs
(im leaving out their first years as they werent the starters)
vy
04' - 25 total tds, lost 1 game that season, brought back UT vs Mi in the rose bowl
05' - 38 tds, undeafeated season, won one of the greatest games in college fb history

tt
07 - 55 total tds, heisman winner, 4 losses that year including bowl
08 - 40 tds(so far), 1 loss, in the NC game and probably will win

both all time college greats
who was better?

bcd1983
12-12-2008, 09:39 AM
Jimmy Clausen his freshman year

Cramerica
12-12-2008, 09:40 AM
Jimmy Clausen his freshman year

Obviously.

It's tough....Vince Young single-handedly beat one of the best USC teams for the title.

cheerupemokid
12-12-2008, 09:42 AM
Young at this point but Tebow's not done yet, so it's not really a fair comparison.

GiambiFan
12-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Remember Tebow was a key part of the 06 national championshp team that embarrassed Ohio State.

Messiahtype
12-12-2008, 10:46 AM
Tebow and it's not even close.

And as an added bonus, I bet Tebow does better on the Wonderlic.

quietstormx1
12-12-2008, 10:48 AM
somebody said Tebow is one of the best "football" players theyve seen in awhile. not just a good QB, but "football player"

and i gotta say i agree. i forgot where i heard it tho.

Cramerica
12-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Remember Tebow was a key part of the 06 national championshp team that embarrassed Ohio State.
No, the defense was the key part.

Tebow and it's not even close.

And as an added bonus, I bet Tebow does better on the Wonderlic.

I wouldn't say it's not close at all.

Between these two players only, I'd say Tebow's got a better college career. Stats aren't all-telling. Anyone who watched the Texas win over USC remembers Vince Young provided one of the most impressive games ever.

Messiahtype
12-12-2008, 10:57 AM
. Stats aren't all-telling. Anyone who watched the Texas win over USC remembers Vince Young provided one of the most impressive games ever.

Yeah, he had a great game. But that's like saying Phil Simms > Dan Marino because of Super Bowl XXI. Their collective bodies of work are pretty far
apart.

And I know OP said the past 2 years, but Tebow did throw 1 and run 1 in the national championship game as a Freshman. He has his chance for his solo win in a few weeks, but even if he loses, he has already had a more consistently good career than the sidearmed headcase.

drmmrRT
12-12-2008, 10:59 AM
young. im kinda pissed that harell didnt get invited to the ceremony. wtf? anyone else come close to those stats/level of play?

Cramerica
12-12-2008, 11:03 AM
Yeah, he had a great game. But that's like saying Phil Simms > Dan Marino because of Super Bowl XXI. Their collective bodies of work are pretty far
apart.

Not really.

Young and Tebow have both had exceptional careers.

scotyg
12-12-2008, 11:25 AM
right now im saying young, if tebow can single-handedly win the NC against oklahoma, then i will swallow my pride. and vote for him..

Mistermidas
12-12-2008, 11:29 AM
I'm amazed at the Tebow nuthugging-ness. Vince Young lost 1 GAME HIS LAST 2 YEARS IN COLLEGE!! How is this even close....because Tebow won the Heisman out of a not so awesome collection of Heisman candidates? Young beat a USC team in the championship (basically a USC home game at Rose Bowl) that had 2 HEISMAN WINNERS ON IT! This is ludricous, Young is/was by far a better college athlete/quaterback/player than Tebow....gimme a break.

Blowsox13
12-12-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm amazed at the Tebow nuthugging-ness. Vince Young lost 1 GAME HIS LAST 2 YEARS IN COLLEGE!! How is this even close....because Tebow won the Heisman out of a not so awesome collection of Heisman candidates? Young beat a USC team in the championship (basically a USC home game at Rose Bowl) that had 2 HEISMAN WINNERS ON IT! This is ludricous, Young is/was by far a better college athlete/quaterback/player than Tebow....gimme a break.

X2 Tebow doesn't even impress me.

Cramerica
12-12-2008, 11:33 AM

Forgot that he only lost the one game.

That USC game, as you mentioned at USC's home, is really the part that sets Vince Young apart for me, personally...and not just from Tebow, but from a lot of other QB's in college.

Messiahtype
12-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Not really.

Young and Tebow have both had exceptional careers.

Young had more talent around him and put up worse numbers. Not to mention
Young threw 28 picks in his 3 years compared to Tebow's 9 thus far.

Blowsox13
12-12-2008, 11:37 AM

LOL wut?

Vince Young had more talent around him than Tim Tebow does????

Guys seriously, just because ESPN sucks tebows dick it doesn't mean everyone needs to.

Cramerica
12-12-2008, 11:38 AM

Like I said, stats don't always matter. There are stats where Voung's are better as well.

I'm not sure at all about saying Young had better talent around him.

Samihassan
12-12-2008, 11:39 AM
is this a joke?

ure comparing ****ING VINCE YOUNG N FUKIN TIM TEBOW?

Blowsox13
12-12-2008, 11:41 AM
If that Queer Tebow wins his second undeserved heisman this year it's only because the two BigXXII QB's split votes.

Mistermidas
12-12-2008, 11:42 AM

Are you serious?? Offensively Florida more or equal the talent UT had at that time. The defense for UT was better (much better) than it is now, but Florida's defense now still either matches or betters the quality of D we had back then as well. As far as interceptions...so what, he lost 1 game in 2yrs. Seems those pics didnt matter TOO much.

Cramerica
12-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Are you serious?? Offensively Florida more or equal the talent UT had at that time. The defense for UT was better (much better) than it is now, but Florida's defense now still either matches or betters the quality of D we had back then as well. As far as interceptions...so what, he lost 1 game in 2yrs. Seems those pics didnt matter TOO much.

Not to mention Young had a lot more passing attempts than that of Tebow.

ko5567
12-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Young is a better then Tebow athletic wise, but Tebow has the intangibles

Young went 30-2 his career at Texas
Tebows playing for his 2nd NC

IMO they're both pretty close

edit: id probably choose Tebow though better leader, and doesn't turn the ball over much

Mistermidas
12-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Young is a better then Tebow athletic wise, but Tebow has the intangibles

Young went 30-2 his career at Texas
Tebows playing for his 2nd NC

IMO they're both pretty close

Tebow's playing for his first, as a starter. Not saying he didnt have a role in that first one, but starting makes a helluva lot more difference.

Messiahtype
12-12-2008, 11:58 AM
LOL wut?

Vince Young had more talent around him than Tim Tebow does????

Guys seriously, just because ESPN sucks tebows dick it doesn't mean everyone needs to.
You mean kind of like ESPN used to suck VY10's dick? Gimme a ****in break.

How many Offensive players from Florida have gone to the NFL that played on the same team as Tebow? It's not like Tebow was/is playing on the 2001 Canes.

Andre Caldwell is all I can think of. I'll go ahead and add Harvin though.

Young had Benson his sophomore year. Correct me if I'm wrong but he also had 3 lineman go to the NFL. Bo Scaife too, right?

Not to mention Young had a lot more passing attempts than that of Tebow.

Vince Young: 715 pass attempts
Tim Tebow: 651 pass attempts

I'm sure Tim has another 25 in him next month, so I would hardly say that 29 attempts is "a lot".

Blowsox13
12-12-2008, 12:00 PM
I think you're all confusing me with Samihassan, i'm not some Texas fanboy, infact i don't give a **** about either of them.

The hype for such an average player in Tebow is disgusting.

IraHays
12-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Tebow gets the edge because he hasn't tried killing himself.

Messiahtype
12-12-2008, 12:04 PM
The hype for such an average player in Tebow is disgusting.

I hate Florida. Not a fan at all.

But how is he an average player? He accounted for more TD's last year than anyone in history has. He is on the verge of a potential 2nd Heisman and 2nd National Championship. If that is "average", then why can't John Parker Wilson, Todd Reesing, Matt Grothe, Cullen Harper, or Jimmy Claussen do it? He isn't average.

I don't think he has much going for him NFL wise, but at this level he is far from average.

BangBrahs
12-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Vince Young by far. Tim Tebow is average at best and will never do anything in the NFL.

Blowsox13
12-12-2008, 12:09 PM
I hate Florida. Not a fan at all.

But how is he an average player? He accounted for more TD's last year than anyone in history has. He is on the verge of a potential 2nd Heisman and 2nd National Championship. If that is "average", then why can't John Parker Wilson, Todd Reesing, Matt Grothe, Cullen Harper, or Jimmy Claussen do it? He isn't average.

I don't think he has much going for him NFL wise, but at this level he is far from average.

ESPN hype machine, that's why.

niospecv
12-12-2008, 12:18 PM
VY

/thread

ALPHAMALE419
12-12-2008, 12:31 PM
tebow by far....the thing that impresses me most, is he protects the football only 2 INTS. all year.....this means he doesnt put his team or defense in bad spots....they play pretty good defenses in the sec as well...id take him over young all day.....i could never imagine him mentally imploding the way young did this year...

Cramerica
12-12-2008, 01:13 PM
tebow by far....the thing that impresses me most, is he protects the football only 2 INTS. all year.....this means he doesnt put his team or defense in bad spots....they play pretty good defenses in the sec as well...id take him over young all day.....i could never imagine him mentally imploding the way young did this year...
Obviously it's an impressive stats, but it could still be argued about the skilled players surrounding him. If you've ever watched UF games this year you'd know his receivers aren't just typically open, they are typically wide open. That's not a negative on Tebow, but a praise for his teammates.

ALPHAMALE419
12-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Obviously it's an impressive stats, but it could still be argued about the skilled players surrounding him. If you've ever watched UF games this year you'd know his receivers aren't just typically open, they are typically wide open.
ive watched quite a few games and i agree with u but thats college football as a whole....its not the nfl for sure.....BUT if u watched the bama game , he put the ball in some pretty tight windows when they needed it b/c bama looked to b in control heading into the 4th quarter...then to think , he did all this w/o harvin ,makes it even that much more impressive