PDA

View Full Version : Who is your pick for the 2008 Heisman?

BrettT07
12-09-2008, 11:14 PM
My #1 pick would be Tim Tebow. I'm not into those commentators wanting to suck his dick and all, but he is a good leader and MVP for his team. He's the difference maker when it counts, and that matters a lot.

My #2 pick would be Sam Bradford. He's very talented with some great accuracy, and can put up some huge stats leading the highest scoring team in history.

#3 is Colt McCoy. He's really good too, and is similar to Tebow to me. I don't want to have to punish him for not getting to play an extra game, but that extra game did matter a lot for the other 2 above him.

#4 is Graham Harrel. He can put up some stats for sure, but he didn't come through when it mattered most.

BrettT07
12-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Bump. Figured this would be a hotter topic =P

pkirk330
12-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Of the list provided Tebow has the best ability to take a game into his hands and change its outcome. I watched my team get beat in the SEC championship because of it. I honestly think he took it with his performance in that game.

Slu
12-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Last Saturday really changed my mind. Tebow clearly is the MVP b/c even without Percy Harvin, Tebow managed to bring home the W.

bmy-
12-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Last Saturday really changed my mind. Tebow clearly is the MVP b/c even without Percy Harvin, Tebow managed to bring home the W.

Agreed. I look for Bradford and Tebow to be neck and neck. Both players have 'it'.

BrettT07
12-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Of the list provided Tebow has the best ability to take a game into his hands and change its outcome. I watched my team get beat in the SEC championship because of it. I honestly think he took it with his performance in that game.

Yea I know. It sucks he had to do that, but without him there I really do not think Florida would have beaten us.

yankeekd25
12-10-2008, 11:06 AM
I say Tebow, but I doubt they'll give it to him again.

Tebow is who I want to win, but Bradford is who I think will win.

Bo DeLone
12-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Tim Tebow will win it again.

JIGSAW
12-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Bradford has the numbers. (and not by much)

Tebow has everything else.

sabonis224
12-10-2008, 11:25 AM
def Tebow. He beat the #1 team. I couldn't believe when I saw he only had 2 picks the whole year. Jeez.

BrettT07
12-10-2008, 11:27 AM
def Tebow. He beat the #1 team. I couldn't believe when I saw he only had 2 picks the whole year. Jeez.

I underestimated his passing until the Bama game =/

Slu
12-10-2008, 11:31 AM
Bradford has the numbers. (and not by much)

Tebow has everything else.

Bradford has those numbers in a conference where they dont play defense! Almost every game is above 40 points

ESPforMe
12-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Personally I like Colt McCoy. The problem though, is that you can make very arguements for the top 3 guys.

I like McCoy because he sort of "did more, with less"

niospecv
12-10-2008, 12:20 PM
McCoy...he did more with less and single handedly brought back the Longhorns against Tech only for the defense to screw it up for him. That wasn't his fault.

Samihassan
12-10-2008, 12:24 PM
the SEC homers are just to damn funny

RavenStorm
12-10-2008, 12:49 PM
McCoy...he did more with less and single handedly brought back the Longhorns against Tech only for the defense to screw it up for him. That wasn't his fault.

This.

caj
12-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Tebow and McCoy were sat out on a lot of 4th quarters, so I'm not as impressed with Bradford's numbers since Oklahoma was def running up the score in their last four or five games.

I was with McCoy all year, but Tebow was just too impressive in the SEC Championship to not get it again.

FSUDawgFan
12-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Put me down for Tebow as well. The other guys might have better numbers, but Tebow did it against SEC defenses all year. McCoy and Bradford may be better NFL prospects though.

LVI
12-10-2008, 01:24 PM

Agreed.

Samihassan
12-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Agreed. I look for Bradford and Tebow to be neck and neck. Both players have 'it'.

yah ***got, both players have "it" because while Bradford was running the score on kansas and nebraska by 40+ points cuz stoops has no class, mccoy was sitting the 4th quarter throwing 77% completion.

NoS_oUtLaSt
12-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Tebow for sure. Best leader of the bunch. One of the best college football players ever. and still put up mind blowing numbers in a conference that can play defense.

Colt Mccoy 2nd

Bradford 3rd

Harell 4th

Knowshown 5th

Samihassan
12-10-2008, 01:49 PM
Tebow for sure. Best leader of the bunch. One of the best college football players ever. and still put up mind blowing numbers in a conference that can play defense.

Colt Mccoy 2nd

Bradford 3rd

Harell 4th

Knowshown 5th

another SEC homer picking tebow, oh how suprising

NoS_oUtLaSt
12-10-2008, 01:55 PM
another SEC homer picking tebow, oh how suprising
Haha and half of Sports Analysts must be SEC homers too then I'm guessing

Mistermidas
12-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Boo for all you Tebow nuthuggers. Even though if I had a vote I'd pick McCoy, nobody actually deserves it more than Bradford this year. The numbers he's put up this year are ridiculous.

Mistermidas
12-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Tebow and McCoy were sat out on a lot of 4th quarters, so I'm not as impressed with Bradford's numbers since Oklahoma was def running up the score in their last four or five games.

I was with McCoy all year, but Tebow was just too impressive in the SEC Championship to not get it again.

You must not have watched many OU games? I watched alot of em just hoping they'd lose again somewhere for Texas to stay ahead of em. But most of the time Bradford was out already by 4th quarter or very early in it, which makes his stats even more impressive.

Samihassan
12-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Boo for all you Tebow nuthuggers. Even though if I had a vote I'd pick McCoy, nobody actually deserves it more than Bradford this year. The numbers he's put up this year are ridiculous.

yeah but that doesnt mean ****, stoops runs the score on everyone, you watch the games they played this year? he may throw for a ridiculous TD's cuz stoops has zero class, you saw the mizz game, he ran the score for no damn reason, dude has zero class.

you cant throw 78% completion without some serious skill.

fivas15
12-10-2008, 02:07 PM
1. Tebow
2. Bradford
3. Harrell
4. Coy

Mistermidas
12-10-2008, 02:08 PM
yeah but that doesnt mean ****, stoops runs the score on everyone, you watch the games they played this year? he may throw for a ridiculous TD's cuz stoops has zero class, you saw the mizz game, he ran the score for no damn reason, dude has zero class.

you cant throw 78% completion without some serious skill.

He wasn't playing in the fourth quarter most of the games dude, I was watching em with my own eyes. And they ran up the score that last game to break a record, I'd have done it myself if I was the coach. Who doesn't want to be a part of something thats never been done before in NCAA history? Mizzou should have stopped them from scoring if they didnt want OU to run it up, that simple.

BrettT07
12-10-2008, 02:18 PM
the SEC homers are just to damn funny

You're much much more of a Texas homer than any SEC homer is to the SEC I've seen on here.

McCoy is good, but unfortunately for him he didn't get the big chance to show what he can do like the other 2. Tebow is a very huge factor in the reason Florida is going to the national championship, without him being as good of a leader as he is my team would be going there.

Cramerica
12-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Gonna have to go with Bradford.

His numbers are gaudy as ****.

GoldBlue
12-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Have to pick Sam, he peaked at the right time, out-of-this world numbers. NFL-style attack. He might have the best weapons around him, but you can't penalize him for it. He takes full advantage of the people around him. Tebow is a very very very close second simple because he's a born leader, and he's runner up. Major credit is due to a guy who can follow up a Heisman like year, with another.

BrettT07
12-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Not necessarily in this thread, but on ESPN.com dear Lord some people can be annoying. I hate when people judge something like the Heisman on stats on paper alone. It's ridiculous.

Edit- Emphasis on the alone.

Mistermidas
12-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Lol, I see somebody finally gave ole Graham a vote huh. Its so funny too, cause up from the UT win, till until they played OU, that Heisman damn near had his name written on it.

BrettT07
12-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Lol, I see somebody finally gave ole Graham a vote huh. Its so funny too, cause up from the UT win, till until they played OU, that Heisman damn near had his name written on it.

Yea it was crazy. Harrel was looking to get it pretty easily, but one bad game for him took him off the list. You know he isn't even being invited to the show now? Only the top 3 made it

GiambiFan
12-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Give me the Real McCoy, though they're all great quarterbacks. No hate here for anybody.

male28socal
12-10-2008, 07:25 PM
I have to say Tebow...

My homerism aside, he truly means much more (imo) to his team than any of the other candidates... Yes, and I am quite aware that he has some of the best players surrounding him in all of the country...

Sure, Bradford and McCoy are great, but both of them - especially Bradford (and Harrel from TT) throw 40-50 times a game ... Tebow throws roughly around 20-25 times a game... his numbers would much more 'gaudy' if he threw that much... but he never had to!!

(Plus I think people hate Tebow cause he seems 'perfect' - one of the best football players in the country and such a humble, selfless leader OFF the field as well) ... he's easy to 'hate'

scotyg
12-10-2008, 07:47 PM
mccoy because out of those have done the most with the least

cyberpunkwriter
12-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Sam Bradford. Killer offense...but I admit I am prejudiced. I was born in Norman.

Steez305Bitch
12-10-2008, 08:32 PM
I am a natural Gator since I was born so I gotta say Tebow...also that boy has heart. He does not want to lose and after the loss to Ole miss he has proven what he said in his speech...that he will try his best to carry Fla to a national title...and look now...

caj
12-11-2008, 06:22 AM
This poll probably is an indicator as to why Graham Harrell wasn't invited to the Heisman trophy ceremony.

Same thing happened to Brady Quinn in his junior year. Everyone thought he'd be a finalist, but only three were invited and he wasn't one of them.

JIGSAW
12-11-2008, 07:14 AM

Against weaker defenses and half those numbers are from running up the score in 4th quarter of BLOWOUTS....

Mistermidas
12-11-2008, 07:16 AM
Against wekaer defenses and half those numbers are from running up the score in 4th quarter of BLOWOUTS....

YOU, obviously didnt read later posts. When I said he didnt even play most of the time in the 4th quarter.

JIGSAW
12-11-2008, 07:18 AM
YOU, obviously didnt read later posts. When I said he didnt even play most of the time in the 4th quarter.

when you drop 60+ in 4 or 5 straight games you're running up the score.........

Mistermidas
12-11-2008, 07:23 AM

Or, you're just great. Especially since nobody else has ever done it before and theres been an assload of teams who run up the score. I guess you don't consider it was running up the score when Florida scored 70 or some **** on WEAK ASS CITADEL? :rolleyes:

Cramerica
12-11-2008, 07:25 AM
Sure, Bradford and McCoy are great, but both of them - especially Bradford (and Harrel from TT) throw 40-50 times a game ... Tebow throws roughly around 20-25 times a game... his numbers would much more 'gaudy' if he threw that much... but he never had to!!

He doesn't throw as much as Bradford because that's not the type of offense that is Urban Meyer's spread offense. It doesn't revolve around passing.

Cramerica
12-11-2008, 07:26 AM

What are you doing when you drop 70 points?

anap40
12-11-2008, 07:52 PM

You're playing a team that is way out of you're league. Tebow and most of the starters got pulled out during the second quarter.

RavenStorm
12-11-2008, 07:55 PM

McCoy wouldn't have to throw as much if he had a legit running back. Their backfield is good but not great.

-DC-
12-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Bradford

Mistermidas
12-12-2008, 05:55 AM

You're playing a team that is way out of you're league. Tebow and most of the starters got pulled out during the second quarter.

Cramerica
12-12-2008, 06:03 AM

Doesn't really matter. The score was still ran up.

I don't really care about teams running up scores at all, I think they should in college. However, don't give other teams **** for putting up big points and act as if your team is innocent.

Mistermidas
12-12-2008, 06:04 AM

I don't really care about teams running up scores at all, I think they should in college. However, don't give other teams **** for putting up big points and act as if your team is innocent.

Agreed 100%.

djwolford
12-12-2008, 06:11 AM
Jesus aka Tim Tebow

Bradford is right up there with him, but Tebow just has that special something that makes himself and everyone around him a winner.

anap40
12-12-2008, 07:24 AM
Agreed 100%.

First of all we're talking about padding QB's stats, which obviosuly didn't happen because tebow only played 20 minutes.
second I never gave another team any **** about putting up big points,

STA1011
12-12-2008, 07:27 AM
Sam Bradford

Don't come at me with those bull**** excuses "Oh, they run up the score."
If you don't want them to score, stop them, simple as that.

heidt410
12-12-2008, 08:36 AM
Its very tough to judge the numbers... Tebow plays in the SEC which actually plays defense; however, the SEC hasnt looked good all year long in their OOC games. I dont know if you can just assume the SEC is as strong and if Tebows numbers stack up?

Bradford gets my vote.

cheerupemokid
12-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Personally, I can't decide between Bradford or McCoy.

He didn't give a public speech or anything but after the loss to Texas, Bradford led his team into the record books and into the national championship and has better stats than anyone. McCoy put up impressive numbers all season with less talent than either Tebow or Bradford has around them and was literally carrying his team to victory on his back.

I think I'd lean toward McCoy but I'm not sure.

Cramerica
12-12-2008, 09:25 AM
Its very tough to judge the numbers... Tebow plays in the SEC which actually plays defense; however, the SEC hasnt looked good all year long in their OOC games. I dont know if you can just assume the SEC is as strong and if Tebows numbers stack up?

Bradford gets my vote.

Yeah, the SEC isn't what they had hoped for this year.

Even the ACC faired well in rivalry week against the SEC with GT and Clemson.

BrettT07
01-08-2009, 09:13 PM
What did I say?

hbkfan
01-08-2009, 09:18 PM
it should have been tebow

Burn_Notice
01-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Tebow got the National Championship.

Bradford can keep the Heisman lol.