PDA

View Full Version : Interesting ways to spruce up protein powder

Sean x24x
12-08-2008, 08:20 PM
So, a few weeks ago, I was thinking I am so tired of whey/water or whey/oats/water and thought I'd try something different out. So, I threw a sprinkle of cinnamon in. Wow, what a simple change of pace. Does anyone else add anything interesting, without dramatically changing the macro nutrient breakdown(so no throw in a butterfinger bar suggestions). I just bought peppermint oil today, thought that may be cool. Ideas?

MikessekiM
12-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Hmm cinnamon, trying that tomorrow

codyl
12-08-2008, 08:52 PM
peanut butter is good to mix in as well with chocolate powder and oats.

eddiebo
12-08-2008, 09:00 PM
How about cinnamon and nutmeg for the holidays (egg nog spices).

For those that don't mind the sugar (sugar free versions?), Monen and Torani syrups that sound like they'd mix with milk.

A scoop of your favorite flavored ice-cream, soy-cream, yoghurt or frozen yoghurt.

Add plums or plum juice or any other low acidic juice (acidic juice does a number on whey and milk)

Logan22Whit
12-08-2008, 09:13 PM
i like the cinnamon too! i thot i was the only one out there....i love putting lowfat peanut butter in there with the shake. yeah i know that lowfat pb doesn't taste like the good stuff but in the shakes you can't really tell.
I also like the maybe change the flavors of the protein, buy two different flavors at once and mix and match them urself....strawberry banana choc strawberry etc.

anticure
12-08-2008, 10:12 PM
PB and water...

wobemaster
12-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Sludge is awesome

c3KREjvUTzM