PDA

View Full Version : Nutrisport Protein Isolate + Creatine

BriskyBill
12-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Hi there, i'm new to this board so I was hoping somebody could give me some advice, I have been working out at the gym for about a year and although I am slightly larger than I was, I am not really gaining at a great level. Now, I decided that I dont eat enough protein, so I went out and bought:

'nutrisport protein isolate' with the free creatine tub.

it has 86g of protein per 100g so I reakon that adding a shake of this stuff to my daily diet will help with increasing my protein.

I have done some searching on the forum to an answer to this question, but have not had a sufficient answer - people talk a lot about nutrisport protein 90+ but not a lot about the isolate.

Is it any good? Is the protein of a lesser quality? and will this matter?

Thank you.

Brisky

DRACOMACHINE
12-05-2008, 11:37 AM
http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/72001052/images/1/wheyproteinisolatecopy.jpg

Its a Whey protein Isolate. Use it pre and post workout. As far as increasing your daily protein, that should come in the other 5 to 6 meals of the day.

A good rule of thumb is to take in 1 gm of protein per pound of bodyweight you are.

For example if you weigh 200 pounds you would ingest 200 gms of protein a day
I would divide that 200 grams per how many meals you will consume.

So if you were to eat 5 meals a day, you would eat 40 gms of protein per meal.

You could count the whey protein pre and post workout but I don't. WHey enters and leaves your system so quickly, its not worth counting to me.

BriskyBill
12-05-2008, 04:02 PM
hey there, thanks for the advice. Ok, so If i shouldnt be counting the protein in whey as part of my daily allowance, then how does whey work?

sorry if im sounding dumb here, but i just dont get it, if it moves through the system so quickly as to not count as a source of protein then how is it used by the body?

DRACOMACHINE
12-07-2008, 03:09 PM
hey there, thanks for the advice. Ok, so If i shouldnt be counting the protein in whey as part of my daily allowance, then how does whey work?

sorry if im sounding dumb here, but i just dont get it, if it moves through the system so quickly as to not count as a source of protein then how is it used by the body?

I don't count the whey in my total Protein, But you could if you like.

Whey protein enters and leaves your system very quickly, this is why it is good for pre/post workout shakes.

If you are looking for protein intake at other times of the day (Other than food) I would go with a combination protein that has whey, egg, and casein all mixed together.