PDA

View Full Version : Is this going to derail my cutting diet? (rep for help)

dgninja
12-04-2008, 07:10 PM
So for this month I am trying to do a low carb diet so I can lose a bit more BF before I try and bulk.

I am 5'9 and about 154-156 lbs. I lift about five times a week with some HIT and LISS cardio sessions mixed in.

So I generally try and eat within a 1800-2000 calories a day, but my macros are off. For example my stats for today.
CALORIES: 1,937 / CARBS: 175 FAT:63 PROTEIN: 193

I want to keep my carbs at about 120 or less, but I take in about 60-80g for my pre and post workout shake. Then through out the rest of the day I snack on fruit for my mid day meals as that is about the healthiest option around me. I thought about adding more protein to take over the carbs in the fruits, but I am afraid I may be over doing it for protein at that point.

Any suggestions?

BlueFenix13S
12-04-2008, 07:12 PM
So for this month I am trying to do a low carb diet so I can lose a bit more BF before I try and bulk.

I am 5'9 and about 154-156 lbs. I lift about five times a week with some HIT and LISS cardio sessions mixed in.

So I generally try and eat within a 1800-2000 calories a day, but my macros are off. For example my stats for today.

I want to keep my carbs at about 120 or less, but I take in about 60-80g for my pre and post workout shake. Then through out the rest of the day I snack on fruit for my mid day meals as that is about the healthiest option around me. I thought about adding more protein to take over the carbs in the fruits, but I am afraid I may be over doing it for protein at that point.

Any suggestions?

You don't need to lose weight at 5'9" and 155lbs

gbk56
12-04-2008, 08:48 PM

Any suggestions?

I am no expert in this area, but seems to me that if you can add protein to your fruits you could just cut out the fruits and have the protein instead.

However, how do you know your macros are off? Maybe numericaly they are not where you want them to be but what is your body telling you? Are you losing fat? Are you maintaining your strength? Do you do caliper measurements?

LEX-UA
12-04-2008, 09:03 PM
seems to me like you need alot more fat. Maybe around 70-73 g per day.

Theenforcer1
12-05-2008, 06:01 AM
What exactly are you "cutting" to when your 5'9 155 lbs? You need to put on muscle to cut, or else you will look like a skeleton/be skinnyfat...neither is that appealing...trust me i have been there. Put on some mass...its winter...now is the best time to do it.