PDA

View Full Version : I have held my nose for as long as I can take!!!!

Doug55
12-03-2008, 04:43 PM
I have held my nose for as long as I can take!!!! My protein shake is killing me it taste terrible and makes me wanna puke.
I use gold whey standard,creatine monohydrate ,dextrose, h20 I think it might be the dextrose that is making me sick I dont know anyone got any ideas.
Any good low carb proteins?
gold standard hydrowhey is
cals-120
carbs-3g
protien-24g

dbx
12-03-2008, 05:51 PM
I have held my nose for as long as I can take!!!! My protein shake is killing me it taste terrible and makes me wanna puke.
I use gold whey standard,creatine monohydrate ,dextrose, h20 I think it might be the dextrose that is making me sick I dont know anyone got any ideas.
cals-120
carbs-3g
protien-24g

You're already using an excellent product. Did it ever occur to you that it might be the flavor selection that you chose that you don't like? Let me guess... chocolate mint? :). Tastes are very individual. And then add to that, you're mixing it with water. Most whey tastes like ass when it's mixed with water. I can assure you, your problem is one of those two variables, and not the dextrose of mono.

Doug55
12-04-2008, 01:51 PM
It does taste better with milk but cant drink it while on keto. im using just the plain chocolate

tikitorch
12-04-2008, 02:03 PM
i dont know much about the keto diet,but with things you can eat, try blending it with water and a couple strawberries, some peanut butter, a banana, basically anything you can fit in?

Anticrombie315
12-04-2008, 03:17 PM
cals-120
carbs-3g
protien-24g

I can't think off the top of my head how many carbs it has, but what about some peanut butter? What flavor creatine?

sjarvis77
12-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Actually ON is not that great for keto. The 3-4g carbs per serving is a rather large empty part of your daily allowance. A pure isolate might be a better choice I got VPX zero carb protein (vanilla) for this purpose as it has 0 carb and that's pretty good in water. ON flavours are not so good in water I find them a bit weak. If you mix it with a few other things it could get nasty.

And no a banana does not work on this diet. One thing you could do though is add some whipping cream (unwhipped with no sugar of course) or heavy cream in there it really thickens it up nicely and makes it at least somewhat like drinking it with milk. This might not be ideal post workout though if that's when you're taking it.