PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else miss the Russian Rocket?

Blitz n destroy
11-28-2008, 05:12 PM
KmoI6oJuyLY

One of the best ever to play..it's a shame his career ended so early. I have probably 500 of his cards from back in the day and 2 jerseys still.

KingCanuck
11-28-2008, 05:13 PM
KmoI6oJuyLY

One of the best ever to play..it's a shame his career ended so early. I have probably 500 of his cards from back in the day and 2 jerseys still.

Yes, he was my favorite player.

Most exciting player to ever play the game. Imagine him in the new NHL... he would be unstoppable.

fixed btw

Blitz n destroy
11-28-2008, 05:15 PM
Yes, he was my favorite player.

Most exciting player to ever play the game. Imagine him in the new NHL... he would be unstoppable.

fixed btw

Haha I had a retard youtube embed moment. Thanks.

I was watching Ovechkin the other day and then found my Bure card book and box and just remembered how much I idolized him growing up. I actually used to try to play left handed to emulate him. Truly a phenominal player..I was devastated when he retired.

WhoYoU
11-28-2008, 05:32 PM
what were his stats? ever win a championship? did he retire early?

looks badass.

Greg1983
11-28-2008, 06:10 PM
what were his stats? ever win a championship? did he retire early?

looks badass.

He never won a Cup, but you can hardly blame him for that. The guy potted 60 several times. And he was insane during Van's cup run.

Blowsox13
11-28-2008, 06:13 PM
was good but this is my fav. memory of him

http://olympia.fortunecity.com/lipinsky/460/richter2.jpg

2stoked
11-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Before I started watching hockey...

They were discussing whether or not he was a HOFer, most people say no since he didn't play that long. It does not help that he ended his career in NY where all the other has-beens go to play in their twilight years.

ElBonemeister
11-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Not a big hockey fan by any means, but what a great vid!

WerenotScared
11-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Mogilny was nasty too! Didn't they play together for a couple of years?

kethnaab
11-28-2008, 10:46 PM
yup, they played together as teammates at CSKA Moscow and at Vancouver

neilsabo
11-29-2008, 02:29 AM
man i remember watching him during vancouver's run to the cup finals in 94

dude played like he had an infinite turbo button, lol...it was crazy how easy he made it look to turn a normal play into a breakaway...

blinkers88
11-29-2008, 03:00 AM
wow he looks like a man among boys. why'd he retire early?

ElBonemeister
11-29-2008, 06:29 AM
wow he looks like a man among boys. why'd he retire early?
Knee problems

AnnaMatronic
11-29-2008, 06:50 AM
In 2001 a Moscow based newspaper called the eXile published an article claiming Bure broke up with Anna Kournikova after discovering she had two vaginas.[7] Bure successfully sued the eXile under Russian libel law for 500,000 rubles (about US$20,000) in damages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavel_Bure#Libel_lawsuits

lol wut

Blitz n destroy
11-29-2008, 10:09 PM
5 fifty goal seasons in the NHL, 5 90 + point seasonsm 6 time all star, 2 time maurice richard winner, 1 calder trophy, canucks and panthers single season record holder in points and goals..

dude was amazing every time he touched the puck

sidenote...check out this kid

Tk8dNkQI6RM

DRob27
11-29-2008, 11:04 PM
I only saw the last half of his career really(mostly with the panthers), but god damn was he a beast. He was one of my favorite players...

kethnaab
11-29-2008, 11:07 PM
if Kovalev ever gave a damn, he had that grace and quickness as well as hands. He just didn't....give a damn.

Rexy
11-29-2008, 11:45 PM
Before I started watching hockey...

They were discussing whether or not he was a HOFer, most people say no since he didn't play that long. It does not help that he ended his career in NY where all the other has-beens go to play in their twilight years.

who cares how long he played? The HOF is all politics. Its an outrage that Cam Neely is in there, and Bure isn't

and on that note, when the hell is Steve Larmer getting into the hall?

BobbyZeus
11-30-2008, 05:29 AM
He is my second favorite player all time. (Jagr) Do you have the Upper Deck card where he is in rollerblades? LOL, as a kid I thought that card was so bad ass. I think it's his rookie or second year card. I'm too lazy too go look over the card. It might do that monday, since it's my day off. Good job dude, now I'm going to go over my hockey cards collection. :)

As to the Hall of Fame, I'm bias because I was a huge fan of him. It will piss me off if they put Forsberg in and not him.

Blitz n destroy
12-09-2008, 08:02 AM
He is my second favorite player all time. (Jagr) Do you have the Upper Deck card where he is in rollerblades? LOL, as a kid I thought that card was so bad ass. I think it's his rookie or second year card. I'm too lazy too go look over the card. It might do that monday, since it's my day off. Good job dude, now I'm going to go over my hockey cards collection. :)

As to the Hall of Fame, I'm bias because I was a huge fan of him. It will piss me off if they put Forsberg in and not him.

I have that card!

And alot more...

Thinking about selling them? Anyone know where I can find the value of each?

Kovalchuk
12-09-2008, 10:18 AM
He was ridiculous. Miss him like crazy.

C-Squared
12-09-2008, 10:45 AM
I feel that he's a HOF'er... he racked up New Generation-level stats back when the rules were the most goalie-friendly they ever were. Patrick Roy thrived in the rule system the NHL build during the 90's, but DESPITE these rules, Bure did too!

Anyone that could make the Panthers watchable is a HOF'er in my book ;) and yes, I have that card too haha