PDA

View Full Version : Protestors clash with police in Iceland

U.K.A.
11-27-2008, 12:15 AM
EkHOM96wiA4

"As long as our government is administered for the good of the people, and is regulated by their will; as long as it secures to us the rights of persons and of property, liberty of conscience and of the press, it will be worth defending."

- Andrew Jackson

Remember this when this comes to America.

Fairplay
11-27-2008, 12:41 AM
this irks me no end - stupid hippies who find it fit to clash with police just doing their job. **** them. go smoke a pipe or something.. you think assaulting police will make your little 'problems' any better? NO. get a real job, pay taxes and sort your **** out! stop blaming the government for every little problem in your life.

that is all.

oh, and take a shower hippies.

Beatitude
11-27-2008, 12:45 AM
Iceland better get it's crap together because a nation in poverty + living not far from the friggin Arctic Ocean is a bad combination. All of the poverty stricken nations are in tropical climates, which is good in-so-far as they don't really need to worry about heating.

BumP_Therapy
11-27-2008, 12:49 AM
its only the beginning

Vadim Beliaev
11-27-2008, 12:51 AM
this irks me no end - stupid hippies who find it fit to clash with police just doing their job. **** them. go smoke a pipe or something.. you think assaulting police will make your little 'problems' any better? NO. get a real job, pay taxes and sort your **** out! stop blaming the government for every little problem in your life.

that is all.

oh, and take a shower hippies.

did you just crawl out of a ****ing cave?

If a similar situation happened in America, the White house would be taken apart brick by brick

Fairplay
11-27-2008, 12:52 AM
did you just crawl out of a ****ing cave?

If a similar situation happened in America, the White house would be taken apart brick by brick

dude, i dont care if you're getting sucked into a black hole filled with crap, IT DOESNT SOLVE ANY PROBLEMS BY FIGHTING WITH POLICE.

Fidelis
11-27-2008, 01:22 AM
dude, i dont care if you're getting sucked into a black hole filled with crap, IT DOESNT SOLVE ANY PROBLEMS BY FIGHTING WITH POLICE.
I can't say I have followed the situation in Iceland very closely, but are you saying that protests and revolution have never solved any problems? I can think of plenty of examples in which they have. American Civil Rights movement, Vietnam War protests, American Revolution, French Revolution, to name a few.

KDK
11-27-2008, 03:15 AM
Iceland better get it's crap together because a nation in poverty + living not far from the friggin Arctic Ocean is a bad combination. All of the poverty stricken nations are in tropical climates, which is good in-so-far as they don't really need to worry about heating.

Geothermal heating ftw:

In Iceland, there are five major geothermal power plants which produce about 26% (2006) of the country's electricity. In addition, geothermal heating meets the heating and hot water requirements for around 87% of the nation's buildings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geothermal_power_in_Iceland

Vadim Beliaev
11-27-2008, 05:24 AM

the police was just in the way of getting to the government which has ultimately failed to do its job

Tell me what would you do if you lost your home, your job and all the money you had saved up?
Would you still be that sympathetic and not blame it all on the government?

not so long ago their heads would be on the stake for everyone to see and for the others to reconsider

You know the ultimate problem we have with governments nowadays?
THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH ANYTHING, AND KNOW THAT NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO THEM FOR IT.

blananana2
11-27-2008, 05:35 AM
looks like both the police and the protestors had an awesome exciting battle. Great fun.

EatHabaneros
11-27-2008, 05:51 AM
dude, i dont care if you're getting sucked into a black hole filled with crap, IT DOESNT SOLVE ANY PROBLEMS BY FIGHTING WITH (http://libcom.org/history/1992-the-la-riots) POLICE (http://filme.hitmeister.de/new-police-story-3090557/).

I think in this case, it definitely raised awareness. Aren't we all a little better informed now?