PDA

View Full Version : beta alanine and alcohol

michael3435
11-22-2008, 09:47 PM
wierd and very difficult question i know. but can you take beta alanine with alcohol, or when your somewhat intoxicated? would the alcohol impede the BA effects on muscle carnosine mucle concentration.

duckofdeath
12-01-2008, 03:38 PM
if your asking if you take it earlier in the day then drink at night yeahh youll be fine

but anytime you do drink your not gonna be making as great of gains

Not to say that you cant at all just limit how often and after you do drink alotta water go for a run etc

theone787
12-01-2008, 03:59 PM
In all honesty, if you must drink alcohol then don't waste your money on supplements. all alcohol is gonna do is inhibit your gains so there's no point

jbodybuilder
12-01-2008, 04:01 PM
In all honesty, if you must drink alcohol then don't waste your money on supplements.

I couldn't agree more. Def give up the alcohol when your training hard so you make the best of your hard work;)

martymcfly
12-01-2008, 04:02 PM
moderation. see thats where i can't do it. i can't have 2-3 beer and thats it. when i was partying (19-21 age) i couldn't stop. i don't drink anymore, and my body loves me for it. when you're young, party. but don't waste your money on both supplements AND beers :D

d3v17
06-22-2017, 12:11 PM
i had 6 cans of beers. and a 24 hours membership. and im at the gym hitting the punch bag heavy. then chest routine. at 3am in the ****ing morning. I'll reply when beta alanine 3g is okay with alcohol the next morning ***s

b_andersson
06-22-2017, 12:33 PM
I couldn't agree more. Def give up the alcohol when your training hard so you make the best of your hard work;)

You and i seem to have similar physique and i do love to drink beer. :) So dont think a few beers wont kill your gains for us moderate lifters (non competitors). OP If you're worried dont take it the day you're planning to drink and i wouldnt train the same day as i would drink beer. I always leave a "clean" 24 hours period after training for my muscles to recover and it works for me. :)

heyitsruss
06-29-2017, 01:49 PM
In all honesty, if you must drink alcohol then don't waste your money on supplements. all alcohol is gonna do is inhibit your gains so there's no point

I was that dummy before, lifted and would have many drinks over the weekend and never saw any gains. Cut out alcohol completely and now I can not stop bya mirrow without flexing something

Cheftepesh
06-29-2017, 04:01 PM
If you keep it in moderation, then your fine. Even in my powerlifting days I had a drink here and there. If your the type of person that has to get smashed all the time, then you are wasting your money.

brazilianbadboy
06-29-2017, 06:06 PM
Like Chef said, if you not a party guy every damn day and night then its ok.
If you go all out every day then you wasting money on supplements.