PDA

View Full Version : Milk causing my acne

solidmusclejake
11-16-2008, 02:58 PM
are there any different types if milk that dont cause acne?

Deonne
11-16-2008, 03:15 PM
I thought this was the case for me, but now that i regularly drink milk (and dont notice more acne) i know that it is not true.

It probably isnt milk that is causing your acne, but for seperate reasons i drink lactose free milk...maybe it is better than normal?

hooked4life
11-16-2008, 03:16 PM
are there any different types if milk that dont cause acne?

how do you know?

bobbybuilder1
11-16-2008, 03:24 PM
I highly doubt it is the milk causing your acne. I however have a pretty strong theory, I don't have any evidence, but it seems to me that most people who do bodybuilding have acne, I suffer from acne, both my cousins suffer from acne, 4 of my friends suffer from acne and we all do bodybuilding. Now my theory is that prehaps because we will naturally have increased testosterone, that this may somehow be causing us to get acne. Or my second theory is that because we are continually sweating throughout a workout, this is leading to our skins pores getting clogged up. Now this may have nothing to do with why we get acne, but it is certainly food for thought, and I think it has something to do with why people who workout and practise bodybuilding are more prone to getting acne.

LarryByrd
11-16-2008, 03:47 PM
^^^^

This guy pretty much nailed it.

Increased levels of testosterone (caused from lifting heavy weights) will increase your chances for acne.

Sweating actually helps keep acne away believe it or not.

willldabeast
11-16-2008, 03:49 PM
milk definitely increases my acne. i have expirimented with it a ton. it could be a little illergic, could be thwe sugars, people say it is all hormonal but milk definitely increases my acne.

100Day
11-16-2008, 03:55 PM
Soy milk is freakin delicous if you wanna try it

avenged7x4lyfe
11-16-2008, 03:57 PM
my dermatologest told me to get milk without added growth hormones. im pretty sure thats wat she said anyways

justin36253
11-16-2008, 04:15 PM
just talked about this in a nutrition class, milk does not cause acne, acne is for the most part, genetic. Milk has a bad rap for causing acne thus a lot of teens avoid it. Don't listen to that **** and drink milk.

antbanks
11-16-2008, 05:49 PM
my dermatologest told me to get milk without added growth hormones. im pretty sure thats wat she said anyways

buy organic milk. you should NEVER drink milk that may have growth hormones. additionally, unless you have some lactose intolerance, your acne is likely to just be genetic. accutane does wonders, but not without its own side effects and that's a whole other story.
but drink organic milk it does a growing body good!

Stanco
11-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Well, ive been taking ac****ane now for about a month and its working wonders. My dermotologist said that too much fatty foods wont help.

Gilligan7408
11-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Well, ive been taking ac****ane now for about a month and its working wonders. My dermotologist said that too much fatty foods wont help.

I know I'm on it too, but to the topic....

http://www.nowfoods.com/?action=itemdetail&item_id=44965

http://themilkblog.blogspot.com/2007/05/how-milk-causes-acne.html

booyaolian
11-16-2008, 06:53 PM
how do you know?

Well, there are case studies that suggest milk is gonna induce hormonal release and trigger acne.

I don't drink milk because I did a allergy test and it shows I am allergic to milk. I don't have bowl reaction against milk, but I still don't drink it.

solidmusclejake
11-16-2008, 07:47 PM
thanks for the replies and info guise

ashtonK
11-17-2008, 02:39 AM
just talked about this in a nutrition class, milk does not cause acne, acne is for the most part, genetic. Milk has a bad rap for causing acne thus a lot of teens avoid it. Don't listen to that **** and drink milk.

well i started drinking more milk recently and my acne increased. i started drinking less milk and my acne increased. interestinggg

toezone
11-17-2008, 05:16 AM
You might be allergic to dairy products.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dairy_allergy

jimsmith9999
11-17-2008, 06:01 AM
Milk and most dairy products cause acne for my sister. She underwent a fairly intensive elimination diet under the supervision of a knowledgeable nutritionist and they pinpointed it to milk and other dairy.

She drinks Soy Milk now and the problem is gone.