PDA

View Full Version : Rate my very very lean clean bulk diet.

MdFitness
11-16-2008, 11:36 AM
I seem to be slowly building my strength as well as looking better, so I think I am going to keep my calories the same till the beginning of next year, to give it some time to see any results.

My goals are too have some abs showing, and just to look fit when I take my shirt off, not looking for giant arms or huge muscles at this time.
My waist / stomach is getting flatter and flatter so something seems to be working.

Here is my newest workout routine, just started this 2 weeks ago, seems to be working out good.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111937651

Just weighed myself and I was 171.3 the lowest I high been ever and I am eating the most I have since I started losing weight.

Been eating roughly 2750 calories for 4 weeks almost. well over 230+ protein, plenty of fiber, carbs 270+ fat over 50g; roughly try for 40/40/20.

Anyway here is what I normally eat:

Meal 1 (Breakfast ): alittle over 1 cup fat free milk, 1 cup of kashi go lean, 3/4 cup kashi honey sunshine cereal, 1 valencia orange.

Meal 2 (Morning Snack): 2 tablespoons peanut butter (whole foods 365) on 1 piece of ezekiel original bread, 1 greek yogurt, and 1 large banana

Meal 3 (Lunch Preworkout): 4.5 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast, 3 oz. broccoli, 1 2% string cheese, another fruit, and another 2 tablespoons peanut butter (whole foods 365) on 1 piece of ezekiel original bread.

Meal 4 (Postworkout): 1/4 cup old fashioned oats, 1/4 fat free cottage cheese, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, 1 greek yogurt everything is mixed together in a bowl and stored in the frig; taste/looks like ice cream

Meal 5 (Afternoon Snack): 4.5 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast, 3 oz. broccoli

Meal 6 (Dinner): 4.5 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast, 3 oz. broccoli

Meal 7 (Evening Snack): 4.5 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast, 3 oz. broccoli

Meal 8 (Midnight Snack): Pancakes = 1/4 cup of oats, 1/4 cup fat free cottage cheese, 1 large egg, 3/4 cup eggwhites, 3 tablespoons of fat free redi whip and some devinci syrup.

Roughly 2750 calories. 67f fat, 303g carbs, 58g fiber, 145g sugar, 253g protein. 43% / 36%/ 22%

Some days I eat ground turkey breast, black beans, and green beans, then I take out a yogurt, etc..

For liquids I drink deer park water in the 16.9 oz bottles as well as the 4C flavors that mix in the same bottles.

Thank you for any comments, etc..

CharliC
11-16-2008, 11:45 AM
Looks good, but I'd suggest you drop the protein down to 170-200g and replace the calories by adding fat to some of the afternoon/evening meals.

JC480
11-16-2008, 12:33 PM
Pretty awesome diet

TrojanFtball82
11-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Very very nice. Enjoy helping people that actually want to help themselves instead of starting a thread like "somebody make me a diet". Diet looks good my man. Props for being able to swallow that ezekial bread crap :). Best of luck

IGF-WON
11-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Looks good, but I'd suggest you drop the protein down to 170-200g and replace the calories by adding fat to some of the afternoon/evening meals.

yea definitely could drop some protein

MdFitness
11-16-2008, 01:25 PM
I agree 100% on dropping some protein, I believe I eat too much and not enough fat still. I am constantly upping my cals to stop dropping weight and I am getting very very close to the magic calorie number I dont want to over bulk so I am trying to test to see how my body is taking the adding overall intake.

I might add in a sweet potato and another 1 tablespoon pb sandwich to add fat and carbs instead.

Thanks for the help, this site is really helpful. I was surprised I lost weight so quickly, if I know that I would of been eating more calories in the being while lifting but now I am building back up slowly.

MdFitness
11-16-2008, 07:25 PM
Here are some pics of where I am at, just if anyone was curious.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=235779561#post235779561

and I will add another pic from tonight on this thread.

I really need to get my body fat tested just to get an idea. I know when I started I was 25+%

thanks for the help, i know its going to take some time and some trial an error since every body is different but I seem to be on the right path.

Phosphate bond
11-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Just curious why does almost everyone use brocoli? (as the sole vegetable most of the time)

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2358/2

MdFitness
11-16-2008, 08:18 PM
I buy bird's eye frozen bags of it at giant for 2 for $3 or something.
I also buy the frozen bags of green beans as well.

I could do peas / carrots, etc... I just picked one, hardly ate any veggies before other than regular potatoes.

between one of those depending on the day and my chicken tenderloins I pop them in the steamer for 35 minutes and bam I got 4 out of 8 meals done.

cyde
11-16-2008, 08:21 PM
I believe if you stick to a strict format for bulking, you're doomed for failure. Play your diet by ear. Monitor progress regularly and adjust your food intake accordingly. But that's just me.

snorkelman
11-17-2008, 05:12 AM
OP, I looked at your pics and think that we have similar body types. I am also just starting a bulk and after reading these boards I am basically just resigned to the fact that I will gain some fat and that is fine. i can handle moving from size 32 pants to size 34 for a few months. Basically I have a diet pretty well dialed in and I am just adding some complex carbs and starchy carbs and a bit more protein to it. I already eat a hell of a lot more veggies than you. I agree with the suggestion to look into steamfresh veggies (freezer section). i usually eat 2 bags of these per day (each bag has 4 servings). I also think that you are eating a lot of protein, but when in doubt, overkill on protein is better than starchy carbs.

also, for your M5-7 why no fat at all? Consider eating a couple nuts - maybe 7-10 almonds.

MdFitness
11-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Knocked out a chicken meal and 1 yogurt and adding in more peanut butter and a peanut butter sandwich :)

I also switch my routine from 3 sets of 6-8 reps, to 5 sets of 5, going to see how I respond to increasing the weight.

Meal 1 (Breakfast ): alittle over 1 cup fat free milk, 1 cup of kashi go lean, 3/4 cup kashi honey sunshine cereal, 1 valencia orange.

Meal 2 (Morning Snack): 2 tablespoons peanut butter (whole foods 365) on 1 piece of ezekiel original bread, and 1 large banana

Meal 3 (Lunch / Preworkout): 4.5 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast, 4.3 oz. broccoli, another fruit.

Meal 4 (Afternoon Snack / Postworkout): 1/4 cup old fashioned oats, 1/4 fat free cottage cheese, 3 tablespoons of peanut butter, and 1 greek yogurt. everything is mixed together in a bowl.

Meal 5 (Dinner): 4.5 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast, 4.3 oz. broccoli, 1 tablespoon peanut butter on 1 piece of ezekiel original bread.

Meal 6 (Evening Snack): 4.5 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast, 4.3 oz. broccoli, %2 cheese stick

Meal 7 (Midnight Snack): Pancakes = 1/4 cup of oats, 1/4 cup fat free cottage cheese, 1 large egg, 3/4 cup eggwhites, 3 tablespoons of fat free redi whip and some devinci syrup.

Roughly 2764 calories. 84g fat, 291g carbs, 61g fiber, 114g sugar, 232g protein. 40% / 33%/ 26%

belairdfence99
11-17-2008, 07:06 PM

Meal 2 (Morning Snack): 2 tablespoons peanut butter (whole foods 365) on 1 piece of ezekiel original bread, 1 greek yogurt, and 1 large banana

Meal 3 (Lunch Preworkout): 4.5 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast, 3 oz. broccoli, 1 2% string cheese, another fruit, and another 2 tablespoons peanut butter (whole foods 365) on 1 piece of ezekiel original bread.

Meal 4 (Postworkout): 1/4 cup old fashioned oats, 1/4 fat free cottage cheese, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, 1 greek yogurt everything is mixed together in a bowl and stored in the frig; taste/looks like ice cream

Meal 5 (Afternoon Snack): 4.5 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast, 3 oz. broccoli

Meal 6 (Dinner): 4.5 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast, 3 oz. broccoli

Meal 7 (Evening Snack): 4.5 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast, 3 oz. broccoli

Meal 8 (Midnight Snack): Pancakes = 1/4 cup of oats, 1/4 cup fat free cottage cheese, 1 large egg, 3/4 cup eggwhites, 3 tablespoons of fat free redi whip and some devinci syrup.

Roughly 2750 calories. 67f fat, 303g carbs, 58g fiber, 145g sugar, 253g protein. 43% / 36%/ 22%

Meal 1-Have at least some fat, and theres way too much sugar-don't eat kashi go lean.
Meal 2-Very good
Meal 3-Also good
Meal 4-Good but i hope thats not the only thing you're eating after your workout, i.e. protein shake. Also, maybe you could substitute some of that pb for almonds for some variety every once in a while.
Meal5-Sort of small, i suggest you combine meal 6 with either 5 or 7 and make the remaining 2 meals (instead of 3 meals 5,6,7) larger and with some fat.
Last Meal-Perhaps not so much fat-free as it is night and you want slow digestion.

I would say most of your fat is concentrated in the morning and you should try to spread it out a little more. Looks good tho

fhcrubarb
11-18-2008, 08:39 PM
I am curious as to how you have so many meals with chicken? Do you cook the chicken on the spot every time or do you cook a bunch of breasts and store them in the fridge or what?

PTN_old
11-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Props for being able to swallow that ezekial bread crap :).

I find that it tastes much better toasted and their cinnamon raisin bread is pretty good.

wilk.daniel
11-19-2008, 07:59 AM
yea definitely could drop some protein

i looked at your signature, thats some pretty weak long term goals, you could go way heavier than that, short term goals are fine but for something long term make them really worth shooting for

IGF-WON
11-19-2008, 08:13 AM
i looked at your signature, thats some pretty weak long term goals, you could go way heavier than that, short term goals are fine but for something long term make them really worth shooting for

well i expect when i reach them ill make new ones...