PDA

View Full Version : I sent hatemail to the dickhead writer of the michael vick article on yahoo

ApatoJay
11-15-2008, 10:25 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-timdahlberg-111508&prov=ap&type=lgns

The article was basically about how Michael Vick is a piece of **** who deserves what he got, its honestly worth reading just because of how pathetic it all is. An excerpt: "The numbers are cold, but they have to warm the heart of any animal lover sickened by what once went on at Vicks Bad Newz Kennels. Best of all, the dogs who survived the terror of Vicks dogfighting ring are having the last laugh."

At the bottom of the page it had the writers email address, and I sent him the following hate mail.

Hey there, the names pathetic jealousy, and I want my article back. Who are you to go after Vick like that? That whole column absolutely disgusts me. The way you take shots at him like hes a bad guy. How you mock him for being in prison and losing all of his valuables. How you say "good luck with that" to his plans of playing football again.

You say in your article, "the dogs get the last laugh".

Do you really believe that? Are you really that oblivious? I love Dogs. But they are stupid. They are just like any other animal that you find out there. Are you, my good sir, a vegetarian? If you aren't, then maybe you should get off your high horse and stop condemning Vick when you are no better then he is. Yes, he made a mistake. He should not have been dog fighting. Yes it is cruel and inhumane, I am not denying that. But the man is not a criminal. The man is an overpaid pro athlete who was made an example of. You know it, and I know it. He is not a rapist. He is not a murderer. The man is not even a thief. The man abused dogs. And you have the audacity to write a column smearing his name and calling him a bad person, and making fun of how his life has been ruined by the same people who eat meat from tortured animals everyday, and don't think twice about it.

Your whole article is word vomit that in every way conforms to the hypocrisy and double standards that is our society. What Michael Vick did was wrong, but for you to write an article saying you get joy out of his suffering is not only disgusting, but makes me question how happy you are with your own life.

I hope some day someone makes an example out of you. And some dickhead writer whose got his head up his ass writes an article about how you are a piece of **** who deserves everything you got. When in reality that writer is no better then you are. Until then, keep living in your fantasy land where dogs laugh.

Sincerely yours,

Choke.

kethnaab
11-15-2008, 10:27 PM
Vick was a POS who got what he deserved. He was also grossly overrated as a QB.

SilvrBckGorilla
11-15-2008, 10:29 PM
You're comparing eating a hamburger to a dog-fighting ring?

cpschroe1134
11-15-2008, 10:30 PM
WOAH!! Whose the tough guy writing "hate mail" to the author of an article? Vick was a piece of sh*t... how could you defend that man?

P.S. How long did it take you to write that e-mail? You're ridiculous.

BMF_Dallas
11-15-2008, 10:32 PM

this....plus...he's probably not even the best QB on his cell block.

Clide Whit
Michael Vick is a piece of **** and deserved what he got.

cpschroe1134
But the man is not a criminal. The man is an overpaid pro athlete who was made an example of. You know it, and I know it. He is not a rapist. He is not a murderer. The man is not even a thief. The man abused dogs. [/QUOTE]

Animal abuse is not a crime?

bbacn123
11-15-2008, 10:33 PM
Id like to hear you all defend horse racing if what Vick did was so bad. So by all means go ahead. People betting on a race which kills horses, and yet its a sport.

Im not saying what Vick did was right, but there sure are a lot of f*cking double standards in this world.

cpschroe1134
11-15-2008, 10:33 PM
^^^^^^Not my Words!! (Meant to quote).... just don't want to look like a complete dumb ass like the OP

ApatoJay
11-15-2008, 10:34 PM
WOAH!! Whose the tough guy writing "hate mail" to the author of an article? Vick was a piece of sh*t... how could you defend that man?

P.S. How long did it take you to write that e-mail? You're ridiculous.
I never said he was a tough guy. The email didn't take me more then 5 minutes. I am a really good writer if I am passionate about something. I am not saying that what Vick did was right, what I am saying is that for him to make an article making fun of how vicks life is ruined, and taking glory in it, is just plain rediculous.

Vick was made an example of. And if you don't think so then you are an idiot blinded by the peer pressure of society, plain and simple.

ApatoJay
11-15-2008, 10:39 PM
But the man is not a criminal. The man is an overpaid pro athlete who was made an example of. You know it, and I know it. He is not a rapist. He is not a murderer. The man is not even a thief. The man abused dogs.

Animal abuse is not a crime?[/QUOTE]

the man is no more a criminal then almost all of us. example: see bbacns post, and if you are a meat eater you support animal abuse, plain and simple.

kethnaab
11-15-2008, 10:40 PM
this....plus...he's probably not even the best QB on his cell block.

ha....well stated. I'd rep you again, but I gotta spread it around

People betting on a race which kills horses, and yet its a sport.

honest question, how does a horse race result in the death of the horse? I know that eventually a horse might break a leg or something, but dogs fight until 1 dies. Horses race until 1 crosses a line. What am I missing?

Vick was made an example of. And if you don't think so then you are an idiot blinded by the peer pressure of society, plain and simple.

I don't think so, and I'm far from an idiot. "If you don't agree with me then you are an idiot" generally won't go over well with anyone that has a lick of maturity or common sense.

bbacn123
11-15-2008, 10:57 PM
honest question, how does a horse race result in the death of the horse? I know that eventually a horse might break a leg or something, but dogs fight until 1 dies. Horses race until 1 crosses a line. What am I missing?

Please. Horses are not meant to be run like that. That's cruelty. Which is the exact same thing everyone bitches about with Vick's dog fighting "sport". Horses are given drugs to make them run faster and all this other crap to make the horse better for the races. But that's ok...because its been going on so long I guess. I pulled this off wikipedia:

"The U.S. Jockey Club in New York estimates that about 600 horses died at racetracks in 2006."

I doubt Vick killed 600 dogs.....just sayin.

Both are considered a sport for those who enjoy them. Same with cockfighting outside the US. I guarantee if Vick had been caught running cock fights in some house there wouldnt have been a big deal made, but because it was dogs it gets some added attention. Apparantly all animals are not equal when it comes to this type of ****.

And while we're at it, hunting is also considered a sport. How many people kill animals for absolutely no reason every day? Im sure the number is staggering.

And before everyone tries to label me as some animal rights activist or some **** im only arguing this stuff to make a point. I honestly could care less about any of the events ive mentioned above. The bottom line is, yes what Vick did was illegal, and I have no problem with him being punished for it. It's a law, and it shouldnt be broken even if there are double standards going on which arent illegal. But I do think he should have the chance to go back to playing football once he's served his punishment. His life shouldnt be stripped of him for what he did. It's ridiculous.

gogators222
11-15-2008, 10:57 PM
Umm................... Idk where to begin.......... First of all, you suck at writing. LOL

You misspelled several words, and started wayyyyyyyyyy too many sentences with "but" and "and" lol, but whatever.. all I'm saying is that I'm sure the writer you were trying to fire back at will just glance at your ****, and think "well, this idiot can't even use proper grammar.. lol " and say "the hell with this tool!"

Vick is a dumb thug.

He is a great athlete, but that didn't give his multi-million dollar ass the right to drown and strangle innocent pit bulls to death for the sport of it.

While we're on the topic... anyone who owns a pit bull because of the hip-hop culture, is a cliche phaggot(sp), and needs to get bitch-slapped for being the most unoriginal tool in America.

11-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Id like to hear you all defend horse racing if what Vick did was so bad. So by all means go ahead. People betting on a race which kills horses, and yet its a sport.

Im not saying what Vick did was right, but there sure are a lot of f*cking double standards in this world.

horse racing, greyhound racing... the list goes on. There's a double standard and it's sad to see people are still blinded by their ignorance. Vick killed dogs, other people kill humans. The media and others gave this more press than others doing more despicable things just because they wanted to have a reason to bring him down. It's ridiculous. I never really liked Vick the player even though I though he's made some amazing plays and was a tremendous athlete but I really hope he is able to come back to the league and does some some serious work to shut all the haters up.

batman15
11-15-2008, 11:04 PM
vick can rot in hell for all I care. He's a thug and a he deserves worse than what he got. and to the OP, get off vick's bawl sack. just go cheer for marcus vick...oh wait..

BMF_Dallas
11-15-2008, 11:04 PM
While we're on the topic... anyone who owns a pit bull because of the hip-hop culture, is a cliche phaggot(sp), and needs to get bitch-slapped for being the most unoriginal tool in America.

this

11-15-2008, 11:06 PM

Not sure what that poster was trying to say but if you read or listened to anything that WASN'T biased during the whole Vick situation you would of realized that the whole thing is BS and unfair. Some of the horses and dogs that rich people go to bet on are killed in the same exact way that Vick and Co. killed the animals that they had fight. It was the inhumane way in which they killed the dogs which people said was the most atrocious thing but how hypocritcal when so many other animals are slaughtered by the same means.

ApatoJay
11-15-2008, 11:07 PM
Please. Horses are not meant to be run like that. That's cruelty. Which is the exact same thing everyone bitches about with Vick's dog fighting "sport". Horses are given drugs to make them run faster and all this other crap to make the horse better for the races. But that's ok...because its been going on so long I guess. I pulled this off wikipedia:

"The U.S. Jockey Club in New York estimates that about 600 horses died at racetracks in 2006."

I doubt Vick killed 600 dogs.....just sayin.

Both are considered a sport for those who enjoy them. Same with cockfighting outside the US. I guarantee if Vick had been caught running cock fights in some house there wouldnt have been a big deal made, but because it was dogs it gets some added attention. Apparantly all animals are not equal when it comes to this type of ****.

And while we're at it, hunting is also considered a sport. How many people kill animals for absolutely no reason every day? Im sure the number is staggering.

And before everyone tries to label me as some animal rights activist or some **** im only arguing this stuff to make a point. I honestly could care less about any of the events ive mentioned above. The bottom line is, yes what Vick did was illegal, and I have no problem with him being punished for it. It's a law, and it shouldnt be broken even if there are double standards going on which arent illegal. But I do think he should have the chance to go back to playing football once he's served his punishment. His life shouldnt be stripped of him for what he did. It's ridiculous.
agreed 100%

and some dickhead writer shouldnt write an article reeking of jealousy about how happy he is that vicks life is ruined.

PatrickBateman1
11-15-2008, 11:08 PM
Lmfao @ defending Vick.

The guy probably grew up in a tough area.

He was GIVEN a free education. He was GIVEN millions and millions of dollars to play football. He screwed up multiple times and people just turned their heads the other way. You would think he would appreciate everything he had, but apparently not.

If he wants to act like a thug he should be treated like one. I don't give a **** if he can dodge defenders in the backfield.

If the guy is too stupid to quit acting like a freaking thug for $100million then you might as well throw him in jail for life, I don't give a ****.

Basically, he's a pathetic waste of life and should never be allowed to step in a locker room ever again. We don't need losers like him being role models for children growing up.

ApatoJay
11-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Lmfao @ defending Vick.

He was GIVEN a free education. He was GIVEN millions and millions of dollars to play football. He screwed up multiple times and people just turned their heads the other way. You would think he would appreciate everything he had, but apparently not.

If he wants to act like a thug he should be treated like one. I don't give a **** if he can dodge defenders in the backfield.

If the guy is too stupid to quit acting like a freaking thug for $100million then you might as well throw him in jail for life, I don't give a ****.

Basically, he's a pathetic waste of life and should never be allowed to step in a locker room ever again. We don't need losers like him being role models for children growing up.
your post reeks of jealousy.

PatrickBateman1
11-15-2008, 11:12 PM
Not sure what that poster was trying to say but if you read or listened to anything that WASN'T biased during the whole Vick situation you would of realized that the whole thing is BS and unfair. Some of the horses and dogs that rich people go to bet on are killed in the same exact way that Vick and Co. killed the animals that they had fight. It was the inhumane way in which they killed the dogs which people said was the most atrocious thing but how hypocritcal when so many other animals are slaughtered by the same means.

Hahahaha are you seriously defending Vick?!

The guy acted like an animal on multiple occasions even though he was being given hundreds of millions of dollars and people STILL turned their heads!

Get a grip dude. Do you honestly think people like him deserve that type of money and deserve to be in the spotlight for millions of kids to see?

He's a piece of **** and was given 'another chance' multiple times. If you can't see that then you are beyond ignorant.

johnny87
11-15-2008, 11:13 PM
Lmfao @ defending Vick.

Please. The NFL is full of scumbags. Ranging from murderers(Ray Lewis) to child rapist(mark Chmura). Hell even golden boy Tom Brady knocked up his gf and then ran lol...

None of these guys should be role models lol.

bbacn123
11-15-2008, 11:15 PM

If thats the case we better start kicking a lot of other players off the field as well, take all their money, and put them into debt too. I mean its only fair right?

gogators222
11-15-2008, 11:15 PM
Lmfao @ defending Vick.

^^^This

Fukk his ghetto ass. He can join his loser brother and Maurice Clarett and be the 3 kids that fukked up their sports careers because they wanted to stay "hood".

PatrickBateman1
11-15-2008, 11:16 PM
your post reeks of jealousy.

Jealousy? He's the one in jail right now.

Am I jealous of the money he has (or used to have)? Sure, whatever, I would love to have $100million lying around while I play football and kill dogs. Sounds like a great time!

Do you honestly think he deserves ANOTHER chance? Do you believe in accountability? Absolutely pathetic.

Karma's a bitch though.

ApatoJay
11-15-2008, 11:17 PM
Please. The NFL is full of scumbags. Ranging from murderers(Ray Lewis) to child rapist(mark Chmura). Hell even golden boy Tom Brady knocked up his gf and then ran lol...

dont bother arguing with him. he is clearly so jealous of vick its laughable. he takes so much joy in vicks pain because its his way of one upping him. Truly pathetic. He's definetely not alone in that thinking though. (see article above)

11-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Hahahaha are you seriously defending Vick?!

The guy acted like an animal on multiple occasions even though he was being given hundreds of millions of dollars and people STILL turned their heads!

Get a grip dude. Do you honestly think people like him deserve that type of money and deserve to be in the spotlight for millions of kids to see?

He's a piece of **** and was given 'another chance' multiple times. If you can't see that then you are beyond ignorant.

Like an animal, how? Because he gave the finger to a crowd? Oh I'm sorry I forgot athletes weren't allowed to be human and let their emotions get the best of them especially when people are making discriminatory and other harsh remarks to you.

Yes, I will defend him and this is why. You get mad because you embody goodness or whatever you want to call it and all you'll reap in life is mediocrity or maybe you'll be fortunate enough to have a decent job. Meanwhile guys like Vick that you think are scumbags and are just born with talent are the ones that seemingly go through life the easiest. It's jealousy and prejudice that fuels those types of remarks.

If you don't want your kids to see something then don't show it to them wtf. All of a sudden now Vick is a threat to your kids? Do you go out and protest every rated R movie because it isn't proper for your kids to watch? Do you make it your duty to find the email of every person that makes a site with ******** pictures because it disgusts you to think that those are some ones children who don't deserve that treatment? No. Let the first man without a fault cast a stone.

PatrickBateman1
11-15-2008, 11:19 PM

If thats the case we better start kicking a lot of other players off the field as well, take all their money, and put them into debt too. I mean its only fair right?

Wouldn't bother me one bit. I'm sick of guys like breaking the law left and right and not even getting into serious trouble.

And just because some people get left off the hook doesn't mean Vick should. Does it?

They need to make more examples like him.

Hell, you pay me 10 million a year I'll sit on my couch all damn day when I'm not playing football.

11-15-2008, 11:21 PM
^^^This

Fukk his ghetto ass. He can join his loser brother and Maurice Clarett and be the 3 kids that fukked up their sports careers because they wanted to stay "hood".

lol @ people's conception of ghetto. Marcus Vick was a screw up. Vick at least tried his best to do as much as he could for his team. So what makes people ghetto now? 1) black 2) don't act preppy. Just because ones attitude doesn't conform to what makes you comfortable doesn't mean they should be classified in some lower class.

11-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Wouldn't bother me one bit. I'm sick of guys like breaking the law left and right and not even getting into serious trouble.

And just because some people get left off the hook doesn't mean Vick should. Does it?

They need to make more examples like him.

Hell, you pay me 10 million a year I'll sit on my couch all damn day when I'm not playing football.

Yea, speaking of letting people get off the hook... How's Matt Jones handling being locked up? Oh that's right, he's not locked up... he has a game tomorrow. Guess crack is the way to go these days.

PatrickBateman1
11-15-2008, 11:25 PM
Like an animal, how? Because he gave the finger to a crowd? Oh I'm sorry I forgot athletes weren't allowed to be human and let their emotions get the best of them especially when people are making discriminatory and other harsh remarks to you.

Yes, I will defend him and this is why. You get mad because you embody goodness or whatever you want to call it and all you'll reap in life is mediocrity or maybe you'll be fortunate enough to have a decent job. Meanwhile guys like Vick that you think are scumbags and are just born with talent are the ones that seemingly go through life the easiest. It's jealousy and prejudice that fuels those types of remarks.

If you don't want your kids to see something then don't show it to them wtf. All of a sudden now Vick is a threat to your kids? Do you go out and protest every rated R movie because it isn't proper for your kids to watch? Do you make it your duty to find the email of every person that makes a site with ******** pictures because it disgusts you to think that those are some ones children who don't deserve that treatment? No. Let the first man without a fault cast a stone.

Once again, are you seriously defending such a waste of life? What has he done to contribute anything to society? He got caught with drugs, has had multiple run-ins with fans and coaches, etc. Is it seriously that hard to shape up for that kind of money?

And it bother me so damn much because of my career. I'm in finance and people bitch about the ridiculous salaries some traders or bankers get while they're working stressful jobs that require 100+ hours a week. This is all when athletes are playing sports and working a few hours a day in the offseason and going to nightclubs whenever they please. It's bull****.

I'm sorry, but I support athletes that are good role models for the next generation (Dwight Howard, Tiger Woods, Tim Tebow, etc). People that give back to their communities and don't act like a bunch of thugs.

Anyways, I'm going to rant even more if I don't go to bed and you're obviously too dense and biased to understand what I'm saying, so have a nice life supporting the criminals and losers of the world, that's a very progressive approach.

PatrickBateman1
11-15-2008, 11:27 PM
Yea, speaking of letting people get off the hook... How's Matt Jones handling being locked up? Oh that's right, he's not locked up... he has a game tomorrow. Guess crack is the way to go these days.

Where did I say anything about Matt Jones? Lock his ass up! He broke the law and should be punished!

But apparently you're trying to turn this into a race thing, which is pretty pathetic IMO. Get over yourself. I'm not talking about anyone being black or white, I'm talking about people constantly breaking the law and being let off the hook for no good reason.

PatrickBateman1
11-15-2008, 11:28 PM
lol @ people's conception of ghetto. Marcus Vick was a screw up. Vick at least tried his best to do as much as he could for his team. So what makes people ghetto now? 1) black 2) don't act preppy. Just because ones attitude doesn't conform to what makes you comfortable doesn't mean they should be classified in some lower class.

No but I'm pretty sure organized dogfighting might be classified as ghetto.

But keep bringing the race thing up and blaming whitey... I swear... it's not getting old :rolleyes:

ApatoJay
11-15-2008, 11:30 PM
Once again, are you seriously defending such a waste of life? What has he done to contribute anything to society? He got caught with drugs, has had multiple run-ins with fans and coaches, etc. Is it seriously that hard to shape up for that kind of money?

And it bother me so damn much because of my career. I'm in finance and people bitch about the ridiculous salaries some traders or bankers get while they're working stressful jobs that require 100+ hours a week. This is all when athletes are playing sports and working a few hours a day in the offseason and going to nightclubs whenever they please. It's bull****.

I'm sorry, but I support athletes that are good role models for the next generation (Dwight Howard, Tiger Woods, Tim Tebow, etc). People that give back to their communities and don't act like a bunch of thugs.

Anyways, I'm going to rant even more if I don't go to bed and you're obviously too dense and biased to understand what I'm saying, so have a nice life supporting the criminals and losers of the world, that's a very progressive approach.
Once again, the jealousy comes out. But I am hearing what you are saying and here is where you are misunderstanding. Yes, what Michael Vick did was wrong, OBVIOUSLY. But at the same time it is absolutely bull**** for someone to write an article about what a bad person he is and mock him and take joy in his suffering. People commit worse crimes every day and its just stupid for someone to so visciously attack (like the media and the above columnist) him when they are likely no better themselves in terms of animal abuse.

I am not saying what he did was right. I am saying that what we are now doing to him is a far bigger injustice.

But then again Im sure you don't care because much like many other people you enjoy seeing him suffer because as you said, why should you have any sympathy for someone who had it as easy as him, aka someone who you were so jealous of.

And thats fine. But like I said, hopefully someday someone makes an example out of you and you find out how it feels.

gogators222
11-15-2008, 11:30 PM

You can do stuff for your team and still be ghetto.lol.. like fight pitbulls in your spare time for money when you are already a millionaire. Not all black people are ghetto, and not all white people are white trash. I don't give a fukk who you are, just don't waste away your golden ticket ;)

gogators222
11-15-2008, 11:33 PM

But keep bringing the race thing up and blaming whitey... I swear... it's not getting old :rolleyes:

Wait, College Gameday made me feel better about black people today. I feel like we kissed their asses enough today so they will forget about slavery and racism.

/sarcasm

PatrickBateman1
11-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Wait, College Gameday made me feel better about black people today. I feel like we kissed their asses enough today so they will forget about slavery and racism.

/sarcasm

Lmfao

I'll be honest I was kind of surprised not to see Gameday in Gainesville.

11-15-2008, 11:38 PM

ok, night night. I don't feel the need to argue with you because the topic is old and the people who have some type of bias are clearly discernable from those who don't. I defend Vick because when you look at the whole situation and others around it there's blatantly a disparity in justice. I've said from the beginning when it first happened: if Vick should go to jail and do time, that's fine, but it just proves how screwed up this our system is. I think I remember one of the scariest things that stood out was people who were proven as rapists not having to do jail time after the first offense. I guess dog killing is worse than raping though.

Where did I say anything about Matt Jones? Lock his ass up! He broke the law and should be punished!

But apparently you're trying to turn this into a race thing, which is pretty pathetic IMO. Get over yourself. I'm not talking about anyone being black or white, I'm talking about people constantly breaking the law and being let off the hook for no good reason.

strong missing the sarcasm. I'm not turning it into an anything. I speak on what it is. If you choose to disregard it in your argument then fine. However, that's clearly not the whole story.

Probably... and I'm sure eletrocuting greyhounds is classified as ghetto also them. Oh yea, it's whiteys fault, thank god Obama is President now right?

gogators222
11-15-2008, 11:39 PM
Lmfao

I'll be honest I was kind of surprised not to see Gameday in Gainesville.

What a waste. It was so awkward watching them try to act like they gave a flying fukk about Hampton and FAMU.

Although, the Florida game was a blowout anyway.. so it would have been a ****ty game to promote and stuff.

DMoore30
11-15-2008, 11:41 PM
I never said he was a tough guy. The email didn't take me more then 5 minutes. I am a really good writer if I am passionate about something. I am not saying that what Vick did was right, what I am saying is that for him to make an article making fun of how vicks life is ruined, and taking glory in it, is just plain rediculous.

Someone had to be made an example of...Vick took his money and fame way too far and I dont feel sorry for his collapse...If he comes poor, I wouldnt even feel sorry.....Half the people in this world would have loved to have the chance he did, and his ass didnt cherish it or nothing....He took it for granted and thought he was invincible....He was a POS and deserves whatever happens to him...

joeflex73
11-15-2008, 11:47 PM
IMO he got off light.

gogators222
11-15-2008, 11:58 PM

Because possessing coke and killing dogs with your bare hands is the same thing :rolleyes:

The only reason Matt Jones wasn't punished worse is because who gives a flying fukk about Matt Jones?!? People like Pacman Jones and Mike Vick are flashy players who demand the limelight. If Romo or Farve killed dogs, I would hate them just as much.

Look at Mark McGuire for example..

ApatoJay
11-16-2008, 12:00 AM
Because possessing coke and killing dogs with your bare hands is the same thing :rolleyes:

The only reason Matt Jones wasn't punished worse is because who gives a flying fukk about Matt Jones?!? People like Pacman Jones and Mike Vick are flashy players who demand the limelight. If Romo or Farve killed dogs, I would hate them just as much.

Look at Mark McGuire for example..
yah you are definetely not a tool.

11-16-2008, 12:05 AM

*Sigh* Wasn't comparing the crimes at all. The point was that he hasn't been punished yet. Not only has he not been punished but even with what was going on with Porter there still hasn't been much attention given to it. Now you know damn well if this was Chad Johnson it would be a completely different story. People would be making remarks about oh look there goes another one blah blah... But that's not even the worst part. What I was making reference to was the fact was that if it had been some other higher profile athlete I'm pretty sure the penalty would have come a lot swifter. Justice is justice for a reason. Things aren't supposed to change depending on who did the crime. That's the problem we have. And that goes for everybody, of all colors and backgrounds.

The only reason Matt Jones wasn't punished worse is because who gives a flying fukk about Matt Jones?!?

exactly.

BMF_Dallas
11-16-2008, 12:05 AM
funny how the Mike Vick deal falls along the same lines as the original OJ trial....if you think he was guilty you are racist or an uncle tom...if you think he was wronged you are a black extremist or a supporter....

why can't people just be guilty of fecking up without all the race card **** being played???? Vick broke the law....LIED AND LIED AND LIED until he couldn't lie anymore...and got caught and punished. He probably would have made out better if he didn't try and hide everything.

11-16-2008, 12:10 AM
funny how the Mike Vick deal falls along the same lines as the original OJ trial....if you think he was guilty you are racist or an uncle tom...if you think he was wronged you are a black extremist or a supporter....

Not necessarily. I know plenty of people on both sides of the color spectrum that have different opinions. However, for some odd reason it seems that if you defend Vick and you're of a certain color then you're an extremist and defend black people no matter what.

BMF_Dallas
11-16-2008, 12:19 AM
Not necessarily. I know plenty of people on both sides of the color spectrum that have different opinions. However, for some odd reason it seems that if you defend Vick and you're of a certain color then you're an extremist and defend black people no matter what.

There are similarities in both cases...i know plenty of people on both sides of the color spectrum on the OJ issue and the Vick issue...their opinions are all handled the same way. you can't have an opinion on either issue without the race card being played...no matter what race you are. it's ridiculous. people break the law...people get punished...people break the law...they don't get punished.

i think the only thing anybody can have an issue with here is the attitude of the journalist...but then again it's his opinion and he's paid to supply it. Vick was guilty and needs to do his time and suffer his consequences...that's life. not every person that does something wrong pays the price...that's life too...but it doesn't mean that those that were caught and proven guilty should walk or get off light.

grunts_n_th_gym
11-16-2008, 12:21 AM

agree and im from Va

C-Squared
11-16-2008, 12:23 AM
Vick will 100% get a job in the NFL again... and while I don't see why he should be banned, I DO think he sucks because he's perpetuated the smae bull**** about pit bulls that has them blacklisted in society... using the same logic people use to judge pit bulls, we could re-institute segregation. Seriously, its ridiculous!

dstryr
11-16-2008, 12:25 AM
Michael Vick is a piece of **** and deserved what he got.

QFT.....hate that guy.

ApatoJay
11-16-2008, 12:25 AM
Vick will 100% get a job in the NFL again... and while I don't see why he should be banned, I DO think he sucks because he's perpetuated the smae bull**** about pit bulls that has them blacklisted in society... using the same logic people use to judge pit bulls, we could re-institute segregation. Seriously, its ridiculous!
its kind of ironic how the media loves to take down pitbulls because its a good compelling story, when the reason michael vick was taken down by the media was because it was a good compelling story.

just sayin'

joeflex73
11-16-2008, 12:30 AM
its kind of ironic how the media loves to take down pitbulls because its a good compelling story, when the reason michael vick was taken down by the media was because it was a good compelling story.

just sayin'

Vick got taken down cause he was an a$$hole, not cause of the media. What would you have gotten for the same crime?

11-16-2008, 12:40 AM
There are similarities in both cases...i know plenty of people on both sides of the color spectrum on the OJ issue and the Vick issue...their opinions are all handled the same way. you can't have an opinion on either issue without the race card being played...no matter what race you are. it's ridiculous. people break the law...people get punished...people break the law...they don't get punished.

i think the only thing anybody can have an issue with here is the attitude of the journalist...but then again it's his opinion and he's paid to supply it. Vick was guilty and needs to do his time and suffer his consequences...that's life. not every person that does something wrong pays the price...that's life too...but it doesn't mean that those that were caught and proven guilty should walk or get off light.

Glad we somewhat agree. Just to reiterate though, my problem isn't directly with the Vick case, it's with what you spoke of that was brought to light in the Vick case. "people break the law...they don't get punished" That's the problem. Things aren't equal. I'm not speaking on race but on crimes in general. It makes no sense that a guy who killed dogs is doing more time than a mother who killed her kids or multiple men who have been found guilty of rape. Whether others want to admit it or not there was more pressure put on the court and the NFL for a stiff penalty on Vick because of who he is.

Yes, I know Favre or Manning wouldn't do something like this but hypothetically speaking if something like this did happen I'm fairly certain the outcome would not have been the same.

Punishments for crimes need to be the same no matter what. Not based on the color of your skin, how close you've come to being arrested before, or how many people like you.

cp3wfu
11-16-2008, 01:07 AM
and all the other guys who were involved with it got off easy cause they helped them crucify vick

BigDreams21
11-16-2008, 01:23 AM
Any sport that calls for cruelty against another living being is stupid. I am against dog fighting, hunting, dog racing, horse racing, and any other sport or activity that involves hurting animals. Vick deserves what he got as punishment.

adoniscomplex
11-16-2008, 01:23 AM

x100

cp3wfu
11-16-2008, 01:34 AM
i personally believe sarah palin should be in jail for killing an inestimable number of moose in cold blood

gogators222
11-16-2008, 04:58 AM
yah you are definetely not a tool.

You spelled definitely wrong again.. LOL

Who are you to go after Vick like that? The way you take shots at him like hes a bad guy.

He's most certainly not a good guy!! WTF is wrong with you?? Anyone who kills and buries 40+ dogs in their backyard is a sick and twisted individual!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus Fukking Christ.

papi93
11-16-2008, 05:15 AM
This is the worst thread EVER in the sports forum. It isn't even worthy of a one star rating. Vick is POS and the punishment should have fit the crime.

newgene
11-16-2008, 07:33 AM
horse racing, greyhound racing... the list goes on. There's a double standard and it's sad to see people are still blinded by their ignorance....but I really hope he is able to come back to the league and does some some serious work to shut all the haters up.

Wow. I have no idea why anyone would deliberately defend this thug. Vick represents what is wrong with many people. I wonder if people defend him for weird bizarre reasons. What kind of "serious work" do you think Vick is planning to do. Run around very fast on a football field? That doesn't change the fact that he is a worthless POS. Maybe it's is upbringing? (another i.e. Marcus Vick). I'm just baffled that anyone would defend this thug.

On a side note, most people arrested for dog fighting are actually caught because they are heavily involved in drug dealing and other cool thug activities. Many dog fighting rings have actually been caught by work done by the DEA. Can you imagine that?

newgene
11-16-2008, 07:44 AM
Yes, I know Favre or Manning wouldn't do something like this but hypothetically speaking if something like this did happen I'm fairly certain the outcome would not have been the same.

Punishments for crimes need to be the same no matter what. Not based on the color of your skin, how close you've come to being arrested before, or how many people like you.

And you know this how? I would venture to say that a large majority of the general population feels like Vick got of light...not heavy on this? There was a dog fighting incident arond here that yielded about 40 arrests just a few years ago. All of the organizers are serving sentences larger than Vick's. Both white and black thugs received the same sentences.

BTW, Favre and Manning wouldn't do something like this...I agree. That's because of the character of Vick compared to other people.

Black or white, Vick should have received more time.

newgene
11-16-2008, 07:45 AM
You spelled definitely wrong again.. LOL

He's most certainly not a good guy!! WTF is wrong with you?? Anyone who kills and buries 40+ dogs in their backyard is a sick and twisted individual!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus Fukking Christ.

You spelling fukking wrong. :D

Rockwilder
11-16-2008, 08:01 AM
I am a really good writer if I am passionate about something.

Well it didn't show in your letter...

Lmfao @ defending Vick.

He wasn't given anything he earned a scholarship to VT, he earned his draft placement and he earned his contract. He also made VT and the Falcons organization a lot of money.

Clide Whit
11-16-2008, 08:30 AM
Besides the fact that he is a piece of ****, he was one of the most overrated quarterbacks in the last 10 years, once defensive coordinators knew how to handle his scrambling and keep him contained, he totally became ineffective and just did nothing but throw picks and give his fans the middle finger.

bbacn123
11-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Besides the fact that he is a piece of ****, he was one of the most overrated quarterbacks in the last 10 years, once defensive coordinators knew how to handle his scrambling and keep him contained, he totally became ineffective and just did nothing but throw picks and give his fans the middle finger.

Yeah, cause the Falcons sure did look good with him gone in 2007......it couldnt have possibly been because his line gave him less than a second to throw the ball, or his receivers continuously dropped balls that were right on the money. Hell I remember White dropping a 50 yard bomb in which he was completely alone that would of gone for a TD. Just flat out dropped it. This was the type of **** people didnt see unless they watched the games. They didnt see that Vick was forced to run cause he had no time, or the 10+ dropped passes EVERY game. Vick wasnt overrated, he put that team on his back and people just took every opportunity to bash him when he couldnt get it done by himself. And last time I checked, containing Vick to 1000+ rushing yards is hardly making him ineffective.

And maybe those fans shouldnt have flicked him off first. At least he didnt jump in the stands like like other professionals have done.

bbacn123
11-16-2008, 08:56 AM
Yes, I know Favre or Manning wouldn't do something like this

Actually didnt I read that Favre put a dead animal in a teammates locker as a joke this year?

Calhexas
11-16-2008, 09:00 AM

agreed.

OP is a douche for supporting this piece of trash.

Calhexas
11-16-2008, 09:05 AM
the man is no more a criminal then almost all of us. example: see bbacns post, and if you are a meat eater you support animal abuse, plain and simple.

Eating food that was raised and promptly/swiftly killed is not the same as pitting two animals in an excruciatingly painful event in which they may live, and suffer from the event. One is about as humane as you can get with the necessity of survival on its side...the other is all about torture, pain, money, money, money, and victimization.

There is a difference is shooting an animal in the head that you plan to eat, and watching to animals tear at each other for your own financial gain.

You are a dumbass for thinking the two similar.

jkeithc82
11-16-2008, 09:06 AM
The Falcons are 6-3 right now with a QB who doesn't engage in stupid illegal activities that hurt his team. I'd say they're doing fine without Vick.

Vick's hype completely overshadowed his game. I never got why people praised him so much. Other than being able to avoid the pass rush, he was an average QB at best.

bbacn123
11-16-2008, 09:12 AM
The Falcons are 6-3 right now with a QB who doesn't engage in stupid illegal activities that hurt his team. I'd say they're doing fine without Vick.

Vick's hype completely overshadowed his game. I never got why people praised him so much. Other than being able to avoid the pass rush, he was an average QB at best.

The team's a little bit different. And no one said that Matt Ryan isnt a great QB. Roddy White no longer drops wide open passes. They got Michael Turner. And they got rid of the defensive problems like Hall. They're better coached and more disciplined from making penalties.

There's a world of differences in the parts of this team that arent at the QB position. Vick didnt cause Roddy to drop passes (or the rest of his receivers), Vick didnt have Turner, Vick didnt have a good defense, Vick didnt have a good coach who could keep the team in line.

Let's stop pinning the Falcons failures in the past on Vick

I dont understand why people have a problem admitting Vick carried those teams he was a part of. It was obvious.

jkeithc82
11-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Let's stop pinning the Falcons failures in the past on Vick

I dont understand why people have a problem admitting Vick carried those teams he was a part of. It was obvious.

I won't pin all the past failures on Vick, nor will I credit him with all the past successes.

DoubtErased
11-16-2008, 09:37 AM
agreed.

OP is a douche for supporting this piece of trash.

Nobody is really supporting Vicks decision this is what half of you idiots are not understanding. Yeah Vick messed up and he is doing his time right now. I dont see the point of saying he got what he deserved or the writer bashing the dude. Especially when the dude has probably NEVER ever touched a football or been in the lime light before. The fact about the situation is, since Vick was a football star then they wanted to make an example out of him. There was a dog fighting ring in my old neighborhood for the longest time, people called the cops all the time. What happened to the people? Nothing not a damn thing, not FBI no federal charges no nothing.

I am not saying Vick shouldnt get jail time for what he did. And for the idiots who brought up the race card(rather u are black or white) STFU, I am sick of that, and to the dumb ass bringing up the term "ghetto" just quit typing.

Yeah it was kinda obvious that Vicks problem did damage the Falcons organization.

thacalikd911
11-16-2008, 09:44 AM

the man is no more a criminal then almost all of us. example: see bbacns post, and if you are a meat eater you support animal abuse, plain and simple.[/QUOTE]

so your saying it's ok if someone took your household dog and put it in a dog fight?

bbacn123
11-16-2008, 09:50 AM

Woah now...I dont believe I ever said that. What I said is there's plenty of people who hunt for sport. As in, they just kill for the fun of it. It's one thing to use what you kill, and its another to take sport in killing. That's what I said. Just wanted to clear that up.

TanTORNADO
11-16-2008, 09:51 AM
lol at the OP failin with this thread

djl236
11-16-2008, 09:59 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-timdahlberg-111508&prov=ap&type=lgns

The article was basically about how Michael Vick is a piece of **** who deserves what he got, its honestly worth reading just because of how pathetic it all is. An excerpt: "The numbers are cold, but they have to warm the heart of any animal lover sickened by what once went on at Vicks Bad Newz Kennels. Best of all, the dogs who survived the terror of Vicks dogfighting ring are having the last laugh."

At the bottom of the page it had the writers email address, and I sent him the following hate mail.

Hey there, the names pathetic jealousy, and I want my article back. Who are you to go after Vick like that? That whole column absolutely disgusts me. The way you take shots at him like hes a bad guy. How you mock him for being in prison and losing all of his valuables. How you say "good luck with that" to his plans of playing football again.

You say in your article, "the dogs get the last laugh".

Do you really believe that? Are you really that oblivious? I love Dogs. But they are stupid. They are just like any other animal that you find out there. Are you, my good sir, a vegetarian? If you aren't, then maybe you should get off your high horse and stop condemning Vick when you are no better then he is. Yes, he made a mistake. He should not have been dog fighting. Yes it is cruel and inhumane, I am not denying that. But the man is not a criminal. The man is an overpaid pro athlete who was made an example of. You know it, and I know it. He is not a rapist. He is not a murderer. The man is not even a thief. The man abused dogs. And you have the audacity to write a column smearing his name and calling him a bad person, and making fun of how his life has been ruined by the same people who eat meat from tortured animals everyday, and don't think twice about it.

Your whole article is word vomit that in every way conforms to the hypocrisy and double standards that is our society. What Michael Vick did was wrong, but for you to write an article saying you get joy out of his suffering is not only disgusting, but makes me question how happy you are with your own life.

I hope some day someone makes an example out of you. And some dickhead writer whose got his head up his ass writes an article about how you are a piece of **** who deserves everything you got. When in reality that writer is no better then you are. Until then, keep living in your fantasy land where dogs laugh.

Sincerely yours,

Choke.

You're a ****ing idiot. Vick is a ****bag and got what he deserved. Go pound sand, dip****.

gogators222
11-16-2008, 10:01 AM
You spelling fukking wrong. :D

repped

11-16-2008, 10:03 AM
Wow. I have no idea why anyone would deliberately defend this thug. Vick represents what is wrong with many people. I wonder if people defend him for weird bizarre reasons. What kind of "serious work" do you think Vick is planning to do. Run around very fast on a football field? That doesn't change the fact that he is a worthless POS. Maybe it's is upbringing? (another i.e. Marcus Vick). I'm just baffled that anyone would defend this thug.

On a side note, most people arrested for dog fighting are actually caught because they are heavily involved in drug dealing and other cool thug activities. Many dog fighting rings have actually been caught by work done by the DEA. Can you imagine that?

He is a worthless POS because he kills animals. I guess we're all worthless POS then. Killing animals is killing animals point blank. Yes what he did was cruel and inhumane but the ends is the same thing that pretty much everyone reaps the benefits of through the death of some animal. And once again, how is he a thug?? Maybe because he doesn't speak proper English? Mind you half the idiots in the country elected a President for the last 8 years that could barely put together a sentence by himself.

And was this supposed to be worse because of the general stigma around dogfighting? Was his ring caught by the DEA? Were there also drugs found on the properties? No, so why is that being brought up.

And you know this how? I would venture to say that a large majority of the general population feels like Vick got of light...not heavy on this? There was a dog fighting incident arond here that yielded about 40 arrests just a few years ago. All of the organizers are serving sentences larger than Vick's. Both white and black thugs received the same sentences.

BTW, Favre and Manning wouldn't do something like this...I agree. That's because of the character of Vick compared to other people.

Black or white, Vick should have received more time.
I guess a poll needs to be taken because I've heard many people, even sports analysts that ridiculed him while the trial was going on, that said his punishment was too severe. As I've said numerous times before, dogfighting IS a crime, so regardless of the ethical reasons to agree or disagree with it Vick still deserved to be punished. Problem is the punishment doesn't match up with other sentences for other crimes committed against HUMANS. I know there have been other dog fighting rings shut down and there have been stiffer sentences for some, but then there's also the case of the guys that worked with Vick that got LESS of a sentence. Snitch on your friend so that we can put him in jail for longer because he's famous and you guys can do less time, great justice system.

warbird00
11-16-2008, 10:05 AM
lol at some one going to jail for dog fighting...

bbacn123
11-16-2008, 10:07 AM
There was a dog fighting incident arond here that yielded about 40 arrests just a few years ago. All of the organizers are serving sentences larger than Vick's.

How many of them plead not guilty? i'm just curious, seeing as that could have a major factor deciding their sentence length.

gogators222
11-16-2008, 10:15 AM
People try to say it's not a race thing.. but why is it every black person I hear talk about this defends Vick in some way or another...

"The punishment was too severe"

"He was made an example of"

"*Insert white players name* did blankity blank, and was not punished"

"There are a lot worse things than dog fighting"

"Dog fighting is just part of black culture"

"etc, etc, etc"

-I am not trying to sound racist, I am just letting you know what I hear.

Clide Whit
11-16-2008, 10:18 AM
People try to say it's not a race thing.. but why is it every black person I hear talk about this defends Vick in some way or another...

"etc, etc, etc"

It's nothing to do with race, all the vick defenders in this thread are Falcon fans from what i see.

gogators222
11-16-2008, 10:21 AM
It's nothing to do with race, all the vick defenders in this thread are Falcon fans from what i see.

I am a Falcons fan, and I am not just talking about this thread.

Calhexas
11-16-2008, 10:23 AM

"etc, etc, etc"

how severe was the blankity blank crime? :)

gogators222
11-16-2008, 10:25 AM
how severe was the blankity blank crime? :)

not as severe. cocaine possession? lol wut

11-16-2008, 10:26 AM

"etc, etc, etc"

When the story was out I heard a lot of white people defending it the same way. However, there's also black people that don't like Vick and are glad he went to jail so that's just a generalization. Yes I'm black, and yes I think race played a major part of the outcome of the situation. Whether you like it or not you would be truly naive to say his face was a nonfactor. Don't get me confused with one of those guys that defends black people no matter what and goes to Al Sharpton rallies because that's not me. This is just one event that I couldn't believe how it ended.

N.W.A
11-16-2008, 12:24 PM
It is true that our prison system is messed up. Sexual predators are on the street after comitting a crime and not really being punished for it. Then you see someone else who participates in animal abuse but is locked up even longer than the sexual predator. Now ask yourself if you had a child would you be comforatable knowing that a sexual predator lives in your neighborhood? I could care less about vick I do think he deserved to be punished for his crime but at the same time ask yourself why sexual offenders are on the street and are not locked up?

ApatoJay
11-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Woah now...I dont believe I ever said that. What I said is there's plenty of people who hunt for sport. As in, they just kill for the fun of it. It's one thing to use what you kill, and its another to take sport in killing. That's what I said. Just wanted to clear that up.
yah i didnt mean to imply that u said that. i should have used a ; instead of a ,

papi93
11-16-2008, 12:57 PM
When the story was out I heard a lot of white people defending it the same way. However, there's also black people that don't like Vick and are glad he went to jail so that's just a generalization. Yes I'm black, and yes I think race played a major part of the outcome of the situation. Whether you like it or not you would be truly naive to say his face was a nonfactor. Don't get me confused with one of those guys that defends black people no matter what and goes to Al Sharpton rallies because that's not me. This is just one event that I couldn't believe how it ended.

Race does seem to be one of your favorite discussion points though.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=243892491&postcount=14
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=241414881&postcount=12
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=239932211&postcount=38
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=239349001#post239349001
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=228880891&postcount=14
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=228867601&postcount=5
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=228852691&postcount=45
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=227470601&postcount=9

The last time I saw you post in the sports forum, if my memory serves me correct, it was on thread derailed by race like this one.

BMF_Dallas
11-16-2008, 01:27 PM

agreed

gogators222
11-16-2008, 01:40 PM

The last time I saw you post in the sports forum, if my memory serves me correct, it was on thread derailed by race like this one.

MOTHERFUKKING OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11-16-2008, 02:11 PM

It probably was. I can't remember what the specific thread was but I'm pretty sure it was some kid that made some outright offensive remark. Normally I don't even enter those threads but every once in a while I like to add my .02. Are those all different threads? I'm at work so it would take too long to check on my phone.I guess that's a lot of threads considering that I've most likely posted in hundreds. :)

bignpisst
11-16-2008, 02:16 PM
does this thread really have anything to do with sports anymore?

DoubtErased
11-16-2008, 04:05 PM

Owned b/c a guy took probably 20mins out of his life to do it?

cp3wfu
11-16-2008, 11:23 PM
Actually didnt I read that Favre put a dead animal in a teammates locker as a joke this year?

hahaha thats what i call owned

fivas15
11-17-2008, 12:01 AM
Wow, you're sure a badass.

11-17-2008, 12:03 AM

had to say, not really... I only posted serious comments in 3 out of the 8 threads he posted. One of the threads is actually some kid talking about how he knows chinese so I said hi in chinese to him lol wtf.

In addition to which I currently have 2,638 posts... he took the time to do a search for threads I posted in with race somehow related and found 8... ok. Even though most of those thread are from the last couple months so I'm sure there's probably more.

fivas15
11-17-2008, 12:04 AM
Badass Mofo