PDA

View Full Version : Fat Track Pro and other bodyfat devices

davjohns
11-15-2008, 05:42 AM
Anyone have a device they really suggest? I am looking at the Fat Track Pro. Any other decent ones out there?

Thanks.

Dave.

davjohns
12-11-2008, 04:56 AM
Does anyone know if this is a normally open device or normally closed? I had the less expensive version and it was normally open. So, your measurements really depended on how hard you squeezed. Not good. Something with a spring load giving you consistent pressure would be better.

Anyone know of such a device?

jdtemple
12-11-2008, 05:46 AM
I just use the regular old Accumeasure calipers. I don't log the BF% off of the chart, just the measurement in millimeters.

samseed101
12-11-2008, 07:02 AM
Anyone have a device they really suggest? I am looking at the Fat Track Pro. Any other decent ones out there?

Thanks.

Dave.

I recently bought the Accu Measure Gold Fat Trac II Digital Skinfold Caliper (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007ZAM1U) from Amazon.com. It was $25.75 and I got free shipping. It also came with a tape measure, which was a nice little bonus.

This one is normally open, however that isn't a problem. Since it is all digital, it uses a small button to sense the pressure. So all you have to do is pinch and squeeze until you hear a beep. When you hear it beep then you know that it has a measurement.

Also, it doesn't matter if you squeeze too ahrd because once it beeps and gets the proper measurement, it stops registering until you press the button to move on. So you don't have to worry about squeezing too soft or too hard.

Not bad for the price. I've used it for a month or so now and it's great. it can also store 3 profiles on it and keep track of changes.

davjohns
12-11-2008, 11:04 PM
Ah. I didn't realize the gold model had a sensor for pressure. I had an earlier version and you had to hit the button when you thought you had the measurement right. That didn't seem very consistent.

I also found one that is spring loaded called the Body Caliper. But, it costs about as much as the Gold model you are describing. Might as well go for that.

Many thanks.