PDA

View Full Version : A voice of reason from a black man's perspective

dark_man812
11-05-2008, 08:29 PM
OK...I've been pretty mum on this topic, but I think it's time I chime in on the bb.com's ongoing hatred of President-elect Barack Obama. Now before all the die-hard ultra conservatives try to flame and crucify me for being another one of those who voted for Obama "because he's black," understand this, and I will bold it for emphasis: I DIDN'T VOTE FOR HIM! I simply didn't agree with his policies. I'm not going to say that McCain was a better choice, either; they're both ****ty in my book. The only difference is that McCain's **** is less smelly by the virtue of him being a true war hero.

Issue #1: "I don't understand why blacks were dancing in the streets and celebrating like they had just won the lottery."
My response: Whether you want to believe it or not, this is truly a historic, momentous occasion. I stress again: I didn't vote for him, but I, like the millions of other African Americans (and everybody else) never thought we would see the day when someone of African descent would be the chief executive of the most powerful country in the world. When I saw "Obama wins" flash across my TV screen, it literally gave me goosebumps. To hell with the fact that I disagree with his platform. And I can guarantee you that Condeleeza Rice, JC Watts, and other prominent African American conservatives felt the same way. Keep in mind that the good old U S of A is just over 40 years removed from a time when blacks weren't even allowed to vote, let alone run for the presidency. For some, the scars of Jim Crow are still visible. Many of us have experienced racism in one form or another, so Obama's Presidential appointment is a triumph of sorts--an exclamation point on the struggle that Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglass, WEB DuBois, Martin Luther king, Jr, and so many others spent most of their lives fighting. So, my partners in weight, the cheering, dancing, and celebration stem from blood, sweat, and pain that began in the late 16th century.

I do not, however agree with the idiotic "Obama gon' pay mah bills" rhetoric spewed by those who obviously don't know squat about his platform.

Issue #2: "Oh ****! This country's going to sink into the depths of hell! Obama's gonna keep ghetto trash on welfare...he's gonna feed the hood...free chicken, watermelon, malt liquor and food stamps to black folks!"

My response: Uh...what? I never heard Obama say anything about giving more money to those abusing the welfare system. He said that he would "give tax breaks to those making less than 250k annually." This includes the middle class, which means the majority of the US population. Don't get it twisted; there are more blacks in the middle class than on welfare...AND blacks are not the only group on welfare. I do agree that many of those on welfare are abusing the system, and some SERIOUS reforms are in order.

Issue #3: "I'm hating life right now! I'm turning off my TV for the next (insert time frame here)! We're ****ed!"

My response: To paraphrase Jhicks...He's going to be president. The people have spoken and the damage has been done. The only thing we can do now is support him. Look what the past 8 years has done to this country. Many times President Bush looked like a bumbling, inept oaf, but guess what? He ran the country and I supported his decisions, regardless of whether or not I agreed with him. I honestly think that his obvious physical difference is adding more fuel to the outrage. No, I'm not crying racism (that's a cop out), but as humans, we tend to fear/loathe/reject those who are different from us. Right or wrong, it's human nature. (Note my use of "we" and "us"...Yes I'm also guilty of this)

Issue #4: "Blacks voted for him because he's black. That's f'd up!"

My response: Yes, it is f'd up. I listened to the Howard Stern clip, and frankly, it was downright embarassing. However, keep this in mind: for every urban African American who voted for Obama because of his skin color (dumb), there are 3, maybe 4 more rural whites who didn't vote for him because of his skin color (also dumb).

Issue #5: " Obama won because of ignorant, color-struck black people."

My response: Not true. He would have won even without the black vote--barely. Keep in mind that out of about 300 million Americans, roughly 36 million, or 12 percent are African American. LOTS of whites voted for him, along with Asians, Latinos, and Native Americans. Apparently, race was NOT why he won.

In conclusion: Look...don't be mad at every black person you see because McCain did not win. Yes they helped Obama win, but tens of millions of KNOWLEDGEABLE WHITE people voted him into office. Don't run and hide and be fearful of a Black America; it won't happen...EVER! This country was built as a white patriarchal society, and it will more than likely remain that way. There's no need to grab your guns and ammo; there's a lot less hoodrats in America than you think...and plus, they've been programmed to kill people who look like me. If anything, I'm more likely to get killed by a black man than just about everyone else on these boards. Lastly...We have a new President who's policies we don't agree with. It's not like this is the first time this has happened, and it damn sure won't be the last.

That is all
/rambling rant

cal62887
11-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Well said.

Thanks for your input

user27629377
11-05-2008, 08:40 PM
You are, by far, one of the best posters on this site. Very well thought out post.

SwolenONE
11-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Typically black people vote Dem anyway (albeit not in the numbers or with the enthusiasm they did this yr)

Anyway, ya I didn't vote for him either but am optimistic regardless. Also, he certainly didn't win just cuz the black vote thats silly ppl would even say that, he won largely by the white college educated male and female vote.

I do certainly see it as being an important and historic moment in equality, which nice to see and I think could perhaps change the way the worlds people view us for the better!

Push Press Potts
11-05-2008, 08:44 PM
I dont agree w/ Obama but I support him because of his position, complaining doesnt solve anything. And as much as i like to tell people i told you so, this is not the case, i hope i am proven wrong and he has success for the better of america.

SwolenONE
11-05-2008, 08:44 PM
You are, by far, one of the best posters on this site. Very well thought out post.

agreed on that

dark_man812
11-05-2008, 08:46 PM
He certainly didn't win just cuz the black vote, he won largely by the white college educated male and female vote. I do certainly see it as being an important and historic moment in equality, which nice to see and I think could perhaps change the way the worlds people view us.

Exactly!

Bnk
11-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Good post. I also voted for McCain but agree with your entire post.

drxmn
11-05-2008, 08:53 PM
I love it when darkman posts.

You are an inspiration in real life man.

cm383706
11-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Great post man! Was deffinatly a good read.

Team Punishment
11-05-2008, 08:59 PM

My response: Yes, it is f'd up. I listened to the Howard Stern clip, and frankly, it was downright embarassing. However, keep this in mind: for every urban African American who voted for Obama because of his skin color (dumb), there are 3, maybe 4 more rural whites who didn't vote for him because of his skin color (also dumb).

Thank You!!

Free Weight Friedel
11-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Darkman, thanks for posting this! You really think about what you're going to say before you type it and it shows.

Let me share with you something my 18 yo daughter wrote in her Blog from college:

"I voted in my first presidential election today, and that is a story in itself. It involves waking up at 6:15 am, waiting in line in drizzle, an old man trying to fix the smoke detector (and thus making the alarm go off), three fire engines, yet, finally, a ballot and a choice. Voter number 70. A story for my children and grandchildren.

And it doesn't stop there. Unfortunately, I couldn't watch any of the election coverage because I was stuck in crew. But just as we were being released, at 11 pm, I got The Official Text Message: President-Elect Obama. I could hear the screaming by the dorms all the way from the Design & Production building. And I RAN. I ran like hell (in the rain!) to join in the festivities. I'm never going to forget it! Tons of screaming, tons of hugging, being picked up and swung in the air, a burning throat, and the kid with the tuba playing the Star Spangled Banner as we all sang. Jeez, what a moment in history! I'm so excited that I am such a direct part of it.

Yes we can, yes we did, and yes we will!"

I never discussed with her, nor knew that she was going to vote for Obama. I will bet many people, in the younger generation, felt this way and many did not. She is very smart and has made, and will continue to make, very good decisions throughout her life and that's the way I want it to be.

Unfortunately, I did not have a chance to vote because I was traveling for work. I would have voted for McCain.

History in Effect
11-05-2008, 09:09 PM
I voted for McCain, but I almost cried during Obama's speech.

Team Punishment
11-05-2008, 09:10 PM

Me too. Then I realized he didnt write it.

Push Press Potts
11-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Me too. Then I realized he didnt write it.i lol'd

dark_man812
11-05-2008, 09:17 PM

True indeed. It was a great speech. He was as gracious in victory as Senator McCain was in defeat.

JakeDub
11-05-2008, 09:23 PM
you're black? :confused:

dark_man812
11-05-2008, 09:27 PM
you're black? :confused:

Nope...avi pic was taken in really poor lighting. :D

JakeDub
11-05-2008, 09:27 PM

nice, in all seriousness, very nice post

petefox
11-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Awesome post Dark_Man, exactly what I was thinking.. :)

Also, being of mixed race myself I find it abit stupid to dwell on Obama being "black" when he's multi-cultural..

Craig Mack
11-05-2008, 09:37 PM

lol :D

While I admit to having racist thoughts from time to time (I think everyone does), reading your post was really refreshing and insiteful. I respect it even more being from a 3rd party perspective.

Free Weight Friedel
11-05-2008, 09:38 PM

LMAO!!:D

DaveGabe24
11-05-2008, 09:39 PM
One of the better posts I've read in a long time. Needless to say, this was a much needed breath of fresh air from the spam political bashing threads we've had in here.

We should move forward with unity in our hearts and prosperity in our minds, and realize we have to accept Obama as our president so we can once again return to the great nation we once were.

dochall22
11-05-2008, 09:44 PM
I dont understand the people dancing and screaming saying "We Won!!"

This entire election has been a joke and the dark brethren in the streets are the reason why. I'm just curious why everyone is celebrating his black heritage yet, no whiteys are runnin around saying "The white half of barack obama won!"

Bane
11-05-2008, 09:44 PM
OK...I've been pretty mum on this topic, but I think it's time I chime in on the bb.com's ongoing hatred of President-elect Barack Obama. Now before all the die-hard ultra conservatives try to flame and crucify me for being another one of those who voted for Obama "because he's black," understand this, and I will bold it for emphasis I DIDN'T VOTE FOR HIM! I simply didn't agree with his policies. I'm not going to say that McCain was a better choice, either; they're both ****ty in my book. The only difference is that McCain's **** is less smelly by the virtue of him being a true war hero.

Issue #1: "I don't understand why blacks were dancing in the streets and celebrating like they had just won the lottery."
My response: Whether you want to believe it or not, this is truly a historic, momentous occasion. I stress again: I didn't vote for him, but I, like the millions of other African Americans (and everybody else) never thought we would see the day when someone of African descent would be the chief executive of the most powerful country in the world. When I saw "Obama wins" flash across my TV screen, it literally gave me goosebumps. To hell with the fact that I disagree with his platform. And I can guarantee you that Condeleeza Rice, JC Watts, and other prominent African American conservatives felt the same way. Keep in mind that the good old U S of A is just over 40 years removed from a time when blacks weren't even allowed to vote, let alone run for the presidency. For some, the scars of Jim Crow are still visible. Many of us have experienced racism in one form or another, so Obama's Presidential appointment is a triumph of sorts--an exclamation point on the struggle that Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglass, WEB DuBois, Martin Luther king, Jr, and so many others spent most of their lives fighting. So, my partners in weight, the cheering, dancing, and celebration stem from blood, sweat, and pain that began in the late 16th cnetury.

I do not, however agree with the idiotic "Obama gon' pay mah bills" rhetoric spewed by those who obviously don't know squat about his platform.

Issue #2: "Oh ****! This country's going to sink into the depths of hell! Obama's gonna keep ghetto trash on welfare...he's gonna feed the hood...free chicken, watermelon, malt liquor and food stamps to black folks!"

My response: Uh...what? I never heard Obama say anything about giving more money to those abusing the welfare system. He said that he would "give tax breaks to those making less than 250k annually." This includes the middle class, which means the majority of the US population. Don't get it twisted; there are more blacks in the middle class than on welfare...AND blacks are not the only group on welfare. I do agree that many of those on welfare are abusing the system, and some SERIOUS reforms are in order.

Issue #3: "I'm hating life right now! I'm turning off my TV for the next (insert time frame here)! We're ****ed!"

My response: To paraphrase Jhicks...He's going to be president. The people have spoken and the damage has been done. The only thing we can do now is support him. Look what the past 8 years has done to this country. Many times President Bush looked like a bumbling, inept oaf, but guess what? He ran the country and I supported his decisions, regardless of whether or not I agreed with him. I honestly think that his obvious physical difference is adding more fuel to the outrage. No, I'm not crying racism (that's a cop out), but as humans, we tend to fear/loathe/reject those who are different from us. Right or wrong, it's human nature. (Note my use of "we" and "us"...Yes I'm also guilty of this)

My response: Not true. He would have won even without the black vote--barely. Keep in mind that out of about 300 million Americans, roughly 36 million, or 12 percent are African American. LOTS of whites voted for him, along with Asians, Latinos, and Native Americans. Apparently, race was NOT why he won.

In conclusion: Look...don't be mad at every black person you see because McCain did not win. Yes they helped Obama win, but tens of millions of KNOWLEDGEABLE WHITE people voted him into office. Don't run and hide and be fearful of a Black America; it won't happen...EVER! This country was built as a white patriarchal society, and it will more than likely remain that way. There's no need to grab your guns and ammo; there's a lot less hoodrats in America than you think...and plus, they've been programmed to kill people who look like me. If anything, I'm more likely to get killed by a black man than just about everyone else on these boards. Lastly...We have a new President who's policies we don't agree with. It's not like this is the first time this has happened, and it damn sure won't be the last.

That is all
/rambling rant

"You must spread some reputation before you can give more reputation, your money, your soul, your shop and your wife to dark_man812"

fitnfirm
11-05-2008, 09:50 PM
SInce when did you become so smart :p

PS I voted Obama and no one forced me :D

I feel good about it too.

otrebmu
11-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Me too. Then I realized he didnt write it.

he has some great writers.

nice words OP.

fitnfirm
11-05-2008, 09:51 PM
"You must spread some reputation before you can give more reputation, your money, your soul, your shop and your wife to dark_man812"

You told me you were not married :mad: prepare for bodily harm :mad:

dark_man812
11-05-2008, 09:52 PM

This entire election has been a joke and the dark brethren in the streets are the reason why. I'm just curious why everyone is celebrating his black heritage yet, no whiteys are runnin around saying "The white half of barack obama won!"

You must not have watched the celebrations at Georgetown University in DC (white college students), Ohio State University (also white college students), Times Square (mixed crowd), and Grant Park (also mixed crowd). I explained why there was so much dancing and screaming "we won" for those who don't understand. Please reread my post. I know you're trying to stir up some **** in this thread, but I want things to be civil. This thread was meant to spark intelligent discussion without ill-conceived comments, so if you can't provide that, kindly leave.

dark_man812
11-05-2008, 09:54 PM

Well, just give me your money and your wife and we'll call it even. ;) :D

dochall22
11-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Your just trying to make yourself feel better about how your fellow african americans have been acting. It's funny to watch someone who has no clue what so ever what they voted for other than a 'black man' hoopin and hollerin' about how THEY won!!!

fitnfirm
11-05-2008, 09:56 PM

have some respect or GTFO :mad:

Rodzilla01
11-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Very articulate thread!

dochall22
11-05-2008, 09:57 PM
have some respect or GTFO :mad:
Right, i see, interesting, you've got a point, i'll consider it, ok, i'm thinking about it, ok, no. thanks though.

fitnfirm
11-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Right, i see, interesting, you've got a point, i'll consider it, ok, i'm thinking about it, ok, no. thanks though.

Your gonna get my foot up your ass in the form of red very soon.

DaveGabe24
11-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Neg him for me please fit...I accidently repped the ignorant piece of trash.

fitnfirm
11-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Neg him for me please fit...I accidently repped the ignorant piece of trash.

you bastid :mad: upon recharge I will deliver it gladly.

dark_man812
11-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Your just trying to make yourself feel better about how your fellow african americans have been acting. It's funny to watch someone who has no clue what so ever what they voted for other than a 'black man' hoopin and hollerin' about how THEY won!!!

Did you even READ my post? WTF are you talking about?

DaveGabe24
11-05-2008, 10:03 PM
you bastid :mad: upon recharge I will deliver it gladly.

shush. your negs > my greens neway...hell while ur at it, hit me with a rep :p

michael3435

do you not understand his point on how there were more people who voted against him becuase he was black?

did you miss the portion where he said that there are crowds of all colors "hoopin and hollerin' about how THEY won!!"

i guess you did not

fitnfirm
Did you even READ my post? WTF are you talking about?

I think he overloaded his pancreas with twinkies :D

fitnfirm
11-05-2008, 10:05 PM
I wanna say that the howard stern deal, even white people would fail at this. All races have people who do not understand all politics, and or retain information. Its normal unless you eat sleep politics.

BigToddy
11-05-2008, 10:06 PM

If you really don't know and you want a good answer, reread issue #1 in the beginning of this thread.

JHICKS3301
11-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Whoo hoo I made the rant :D honestly I can't see any white person that can put down how the reaction went down. None of us (whites) know what the african americans have went through. Until you can walk a mile through there shoes you need to shut the hell up

Second I voted for mccain. It didn't matter if he was black or not. A Dem was going to win and you can thank bush for that. People saw bush's face when they voted for Mccain. No matter who the repub was, they were going to lose.

As someone that wants to run for a local office in the near future, obama did something that no one else has. Inspired young people to vote and got people to register. I also commend obama for saying he is telling the young black men to pull their pants up.

There is a small percentage of blacks that give blacks a bad name and there is a small percentage of whites that gives whites a bad name.

Sorry rant on my blackberry lol

michael3435
11-05-2008, 10:07 PM
I wanna say that the howard stern deal, even white people would fail at this. All races have people who do not understand all politics, and or retain information. Its normal unless you eat sleep politics.

agreed, i guarantee there are more people who voted for dumber reasons than the people he showed who are white or who arent black

fitnfirm
11-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Whoo hoo I made the rant :D honestly I can't see any white person that can put down how the reaction went down. None of us (whites) know what the african americans have went through. Until you can walk a mile through there shoes you need to shut the hell up

Second I voted for mccain. It didn't matter if he was black or not. A Dem was going to win and you can thank bush for that. People saw bush's face when they voted for Mccain. No matter who the repub was, they were going to lose.

As someone that wants to run for a local office in the near future, obama did something that no one else has. Inspired young people to vote and got people to register. I also commend obama for saying he is telling the young black men to pull their pants up.

There is a small percentage of blacks that give blacks a bad name and there is a small percentage of whites that gives whites a bad name.

Marry me ? ok ok .......... at least come visit and be the pool boy :D

sickonstorm
11-05-2008, 10:12 PM
link to Howard stern clip??

btw i am very upset that obama has won.

Push Press Potts
11-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Sorry rant on my blackberry lolsorry for quoting you on my pc lol

JHICKS3301
11-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Marry me ? ok ok .......... at least come visit and be the pool boy :D
As lon as you feed me :D

sickonstorm
11-05-2008, 10:15 PM
link to Howard stern clip??

btw i am very upset that obama has won.

MUST SEE CLIP NAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

otrebmu
11-05-2008, 10:17 PM
GqAiarOhC2U

fitnfirm
11-05-2008, 10:18 PM
As lon as you feed me :D

I make the BEST sausage gravy and biscuits :D I make you fat :p

JHICKS3301
11-05-2008, 10:20 PM
I make the BEST sausage gravy and biscuits :D I make you fat :p

Mmmm you know I'm from alabama and love my gravy and biscuits!!!!

dark_man812
11-05-2008, 10:30 PM

Hicks, you and me are probably from two different worlds, yet you are one of the few people on here who I consider a true friend. The others know who they are. You've had my back since the Syntrax debacle, the Hatters, me losing my sister, and the whole cancer thing. just wanted to let you know that I value your friendship and you know I've got your back (no homo) :D

/sentimental ****...

SHOWTIME
11-05-2008, 10:57 PM
dark man812 for pres?

Another great post, respectful and honest even when it is a very touchy subject Politics + Race... :eek:

I will just repeat and add some of my thoughts to what Jhicks said, it would be crazy for me to say I know what African Americans have gone through, as well it is just as ignorant for someone to say that people should not have danced and went crazy in the streets.

Let the people be, let them be excited, let them celebrate. It was NOT only African Americans that were happy Obama won. I do not know exactly how many votes he got but I imagine it in the tens of millions, with tens of millions of NON-African Americans voting for him as well.

Then again I am just a silly Canadian.

dark_man812
11-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Whether you want to believe it or not, this is truly a historic, momentous occasion. When I saw "Obama wins" flash across my TV screen, it literally gave me goosebumps. To hell with the fact that I disagree with his platform. And I can guarantee you that Condeleeza Rice, JC Watts, and other prominent African American conservatives felt the same way.

PhSjuduQGN4

One of Bush's biggest supporters...and I'm pretty sure she voted for McCain. As Jhicks so eloquently put it, if you don't understand the struggle, then the magnitude of this election's results is greatly diminished.

java568
11-05-2008, 11:13 PM
didn't[/b] vote for him because of his skin color (also dumb).

I agree with everything except that. Obama got 43% of the white vote and McCain got 55%. In 2004, Kerry got 41% of the white vote and bush got 58% of the white vote. How can you say that he was significantly discriminated against by more whites than he was discriminated for by blacks when white people vote more for him than they did for Kerry?

dark_man812
11-05-2008, 11:15 PM
dark man812 for pres?

Another great post, respectful and honest even when it is a very touchy subject Politics + Race... :eek:

I will just repeat and add some of my thoughts to what Jhicks said, it would be crazy for me to say I know what African Americans have gone through, as well it is just as ignorant for someone to say that people should not have danced and went crazy in the streets.

Let the people be, let them be excited, let them celebrate. It was NOT only African Americans that were happy Obama won. I do not know exactly how many votes he got but I imagine it in the tens of millions, with tens of millions of NON-African Americans voting for him as well.

Then again I am just a silly Canadian.

Thanks, man. I appreciate all the insightful posts in this thread. Hell, even the couple of idiotic posts. It lets me know that a topic as touchy as this can be discussed without petty bickering and mudslinging.

EMISGOD
11-05-2008, 11:16 PM
OK...I've been pretty mum on this topic, but I think it's time I chime in on the bb.com's ongoing hatred of President-elect Barack Obama. Now before all the die-hard ultra conservatives try to flame and crucify me for being another one of those who voted for Obama "because he's black," understand this, and I will bold it for emphasis I DIDN'T VOTE FOR HIM! I simply didn't agree with his policies. I'm not going to say that McCain was a better choice, either; they're both ****ty in my book. The only difference is that McCain's **** is less smelly by the virtue of him being a true war hero.

My response: Whether you want to believe it or not, this is truly a historic, momentous occasion. I stress again: I didn't vote for him, but I, like the millions of other African Americans (and everybody else) never thought we would see the day when someone of African descent would be the chief executive of the most powerful country in the world. When I saw "Obama wins" flash across my TV screen, it literally gave me goosebumps. To hell with the fact that I disagree with his platform. And I can guarantee you that Condeleeza Rice, JC Watts, and other prominent African American conservatives felt the same way. Keep in mind that the good old U S of A is just over 40 years removed from a time when blacks weren't even allowed to vote, let alone run for the presidency. For some, the scars of Jim Crow are still visible. Many of us have experienced racism in one form or another, so Obama's Presidential appointment is a triumph of sorts--an exclamation point on the struggle that Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglass, WEB DuBois, Martin Luther king, Jr, and so many others spent most of their lives fighting. So, my partners in weight, the cheering, dancing, and celebration stem from blood, sweat, and pain that began in the late 16th century.

That is all
/rambling rant

After you read them ****s once, read them ****s again. And again. And again.

Let no one question why I was thrilled and honored to have TA as my running mate in 2008 and why it is my great hope he will be at my side again in 2012. As I said, we ran a different campaign. While our ticket may have only gathered write-in votes numbered in the thousands, a lot of people sat up and heard our voices. Some votes for TA/EM and some voted for EM/TA. Let there be no mistake. I would be proud to serve as TA's vice if the people find him a better choice for the ultimate slot than me. A vote for EM is a vote for TA because we are united. We stand for the true definitions of truth and justice and honor and sense. We are not subverted by partisan political power plays; we are here because things are not right and someone has to set them to rights and damned if we're going to stand by. We're not that kind of person and we're not going out like that.

Believe it or not, EM and TA made a difference in 2008. It is my hope we will make a bigger difference in 2012.

Power to the people!

DCarruso
11-05-2008, 11:18 PM

Look, trust me. I know the emotion involved. I voted for McCain and vehemently opposed the Dems, based on ideology and policy differences.

When you see those blacks talking trash on TV, they are making fools of themselves only. Their disgrace should not be visited upon other black people, who don't share their ignorance. When you see some white people talking trash, they don't speak for all the white folks neither.

Idiots, morons, scumbags, coward and traitors come in all colors and are the same everywhere. No race, no nation has a monopoly on those.

Guilty by association is against everything America stands for. Just because a few idiots went on tv and made a fool of themselves by telling the would their retarded reasons for voting Obama, doesn't mean we should use that and paint every black person with the same brush.

We need to seek alliance with, and make allies, those who share our values and ideas, across all segments of the society and in all races. A white traitor is no better than a black traitor. A black patriot is just as honorable as a white patriot or a brown patriot.

The OP (TA) made no excuse for anyone whatsoever. He just asked to be treated fairly and equally, and nothing more. He voted for McCain. He didn't share those idiotic things spilled by a few blacks. But he understands why blacks feel this is a historic moment. So, he is being totally fair. You were wrong in your post.

dochall22
11-05-2008, 11:21 PM
Look, trust me. I know the emotion involved. I voted for McCain and vehemently opposed the Dems, based on ideology and policy differences.

When you see those blacks talking trash on TV, they are making fools of themselves only. Their disgrace should not be visited upon other black people, who don't share their ignorance. When you see some white people talking trash, they don't speak for all the white folks neither.

Idiots, morons, scumbags, coward and traitors come in all colors and are the same everywhere. No race, no nation has a monopoly on those.

Guilty by association is against everything America stands for. Just because a few idiots went on tv and made a fool of themselves by telling the would their retarded reasons for voting Obama, doesn't mean we should use that and paint every black person with the same brush.

We need to seek alliance with, and make allies, those who share our values and ideas, across all segments of the society and in all races. A white traitor is no better than a black traitor. A black patriot is just as honorable as a white patriot or a brown patriot.

The OP (TA) made no excuse for anyone whatsoever. He just asked to be treated fairly and equally, and nothing more. He voted for McCain. He didn't share those idiotic things spilled by a few blacks. But he understands why blacks feel this is a historic moment. So, he is being totally fair. You were wrong in your post.
I agree with everything except "you were wrong in your post"

i'm not wrong.

java568
11-05-2008, 11:26 PM
I agree with everything except that. Obama got 43% of the white vote and McCain got 55%. In 2004, Kerry got 41% of the white vote and bush got 58% of the white vote. How can you say that he was significantly discriminated against by more whites than he was discriminated for by blacks when white people vote more for him than they did for Kerry?

No response?

EMISGOD
11-05-2008, 11:28 PM
PS I voted Obama and no one forced me :D

I feel good about it too.

You made a gigantic error that was shared with many other Americans yesterday. Any vote for anyone not me & TA was an error in judgment. You will soon see the folly of your ways and with any luck, it won't be too late.

Where did TA say he voted for McCain?

Incidentally, it would have been equally historic had McCain or myself (the only rightful candidate) won. Not only was I the best qualified, but also the best looking and this not only applies to this year, but any other year. I vowed long ago to always vote for the best person for the job and since I am now legally old enough to hold the position, that best person is me.

As I stated elsewhere, this campaign did well, better than should realistically have been expected, all told. It's not good enough, however. Anything short of victory is failure. I will start the campaign to Fix America 2012 much sooner and quite frankly, if you do not cast your vote for me, you are ****ting on America and ****ting on her future...a big runny, explosive ****.

Finally, one of the reasons I didn't campaign until late this year was that I was fascinated by the sociological experiment this election posed, specifically in Obama vs. Clinton, were the Democrats more sexist or racist? (Answer = sexist?) Second, was America itself more racist or biased vs. age? This experiment was sadly dashed into the dirt the second McCain ruined it by choosing an absolute dunce for his running mate. It was this McCain skewing of the grand experiment which prompted me to get into the race this year...

dark_man812
11-05-2008, 11:37 PM
I said "rural whites." The ones in the rural areas with the "Keep the White House white" bumper stickers and selling the Curious George Obama shirts. Those were the ones at the McCain/Palin rallies who yelled out racial expletives to the point where Sen. McCain told them that they were getting out of hand. (He was booed, by the way)

java568
11-06-2008, 12:15 AM
I said "rural whites." The ones in the rural areas with the "Keep the White House white" bumper stickers and selling the Curious George Obama shirts. Those were the ones at the McCain/Palin rallies who yelled out racial expletives to the point where Sen. McCain told them that they were getting out of hand. (He was booed, by the way)

I'm not even going to get into how if I had started classifying racist african americans as "urban blacks", I would be instantly deemed a racist. Of course there are racists on both sides, but the numbers simply don't back you up if you want to claim there being 3-4 more racists on McCain's side than Obama's.

He wasn't booed because he told them they were getting out of hand for racism. He was booed when he said things in support of Obama. Now sore losers are racists?

punksurfer024
11-06-2008, 02:58 AM
wait........darkman, your black? all these years I thought you were just really tanned from surfing, and thats why you talked to me. ;) now I dont feel so threatened by you, before I was pissed that you were tanner then me ;)

cyrusthesandman
11-06-2008, 03:21 AM
All I have to say on this is anyone who cast their vote based solely on race is an idiot. That applies to both sides. I voted for Obama for many reasons, but race was not one of them.

BuckeyeMuscle
11-06-2008, 04:08 AM
Well said darkman.....I agree with everything you said. :)

RenegadeUR
11-06-2008, 05:50 AM
I didnt vote for Obama, and I sure as hell aint going to support him just because he is a president. I will support something he does if I agree with it but I aint going to support the man simply because he is the leader of our country. Thats absurd to support someone just because of their position.

Illadelphia
11-06-2008, 06:28 AM
I was asleep, otherwise i would have congratulated you for an incredible post.

cal62887
11-06-2008, 06:33 AM
I was asleep, otherwise i would have congratulated you for an incredible post.

Old people sleep, it's okay.

Just make sure you put your teeth in this morning (old people sometimes forget)

Push Press Potts
11-06-2008, 06:43 AM
Old people sleep, it's okay.

Just make sure you put your teeth in this morning (old people sometimes forget)nah man those teeth hurt :D

cal62887
11-06-2008, 06:45 AM
nah man those teeth hurt :D

lmao

oh, illa's a slut

_Smitty_
11-06-2008, 07:01 AM
phenomenal, well thought-out post, DM!

i won't say who i voted for, because it's no one's business really... but, i didn't actually realize the magnitude of obama's election until the camera honed in on jesse jackson, who was in tears.

here's a man that had experienced and contributed to the height of the civil rights movement along with other, great african/american leaders, and fought alongside them. for him to have the opportunity, in his lifetime, to witness the election of a bi-racial president (sorry, people seem to be forgetting that), must have validated everything he and others have either fought or died for.

for the first time in a very long time, i'd like to think i actually empathized with another human being... at least for a moment.

_J-BONE_
11-06-2008, 07:04 AM

Because he identifies more strongly with his black side. I have a small fraction of Irish heritage and a large fraction of German heritage but I identify more with my Irish roots. Is there anything wrong with that?

It's a momentus time for African Americans. If there had been 43 black presidents you better believe caucasians would be celebrating if a half caucasian man who identified with those roots much more strongly won.

I'm hoping that many of these extreme civil rights activists will now back off a bit and stop using race as an excuse as to why someone can't succeed. A black man has now become president, race barriers will probably always exist but as a whole our country is getting better.

I voted against Obama because I disagreed with his policies but I will call him my president. Of course that doesn't mean I can't speakout against him when I disagree. He's spoken out plenty against Bush and I hope that it's not called racisim when someone does the same to him.

naturalguy
11-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Great post darkman.

The one good thing that came out of this is that Obama helped break the color barrier and opened doors for others in the future.

As far as the people who voted for him and cheered because of color, that is the nature of human beings. If it was a jewish guy running, the majority of jews would vote for him because he's jewish. If it were a chinese guy, same thing and so on.

I hope he can do some positive things for this country, I don't agree with his policies but let's see what he can do.

Grinners
11-06-2008, 07:13 AM
You know what i never understood?

Why people say "he never fought in a war so he won't be good millitarily".

That is completely ridiculous.

That is what generals/millitary leaders are for.

The president will say 'we will go to war' but that is the extent of his involvement. Just because someone has a millitary history does not mean they will make this decision better anyway.

Stupid argument.

dtrain13
11-06-2008, 07:15 AM
OK...I've been pretty mum on this topic, but I think it's time I chime in on the bb.com's ongoing hatred of President-elect Barack Obama. Now before all the die-hard ultra conservatives try to flame and crucify me for being another one of those who voted for Obama "because he's black," understand this, and I will bold it for emphasis: I DIDN'T VOTE FOR HIM! I simply didn't agree with his policies. I'm not going to say that McCain was a better choice, either; they're both ****ty in my book. The only difference is that McCain's **** is less smelly by the virtue of him being a true war hero.

That is all
/rambling rant

Agree with everything 1000%. Well said and to the point. Did you notice the the color (red and blue) breakdown of the states? For the most part it looked very similar to the old union and confederacy.

naturalguy
11-06-2008, 07:19 AM
You know what i never understood?

Why people say "he never fought in a war so he won't be good millitarily".

That is completely ridiculous.

That is what generals/millitary leaders are for.

The president will say 'we will go to war' but that is the extent of his involvement. Just because someone has a millitary history does not mean they will make this decision better anyway.

Stupid argument.

I'll disagree. Someone who has had military experience, especially the kind of experience that McCain had, knows first hand what it's like to be on the front lines. That may play into that person's decision when deciding on sending young men and women to war.

Skigazzi
11-06-2008, 07:20 AM
Can I just be happy in the fact that in 70 days this country will be through with the "W" and Dick era.

Im an indepent white male who voted Obama.

I voted for Bush in his first term, not in his second.

TE
11-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Your just trying to make yourself feel better about how your fellow african americans have been acting.

More like fellow americans. ;)

Nice post dark man. :)

lymbo
11-06-2008, 07:27 AM
First time I every voted for a democrat..I just had enough of this BS. We needed a young new out look..So Obama it was to be. I pray this works out and he can be by partisin. We all need to come together

TE
11-06-2008, 07:27 AM
I'll disagree. Someone who has had military experience, especially the kind of experience that McCain had, knows first hand what it's like to be on the front lines. That may play into that person's decision when deciding on sending young men and women to war.

without a doubt.

dtrain13
11-06-2008, 07:30 AM

I agree with everything except "you were wrong in your post"

i'm not wrong.

Wow strong racism and even stronger ignorance. You are exactly whats wrong with this country. Oh BTW, you are WRONG.

dirtydean12
11-06-2008, 07:30 AM
I dont understand why people are saying he won because of the race card(well, I do, but you know what I mean)...if I recall correctly about 75% of the electorate was white, and not all of the remaining non-white voters voted for Obama...he definitely won over a large portion of whites not to mention 17% of those who voted Bush last election voted for Obama this time, THATS why he won.

And for those who are still racist in the 21st century, they do nothing but make whites look bad, actually pretty shameful.

Skigazzi
11-06-2008, 07:36 AM
I dont understand why people are saying he won because of the race card(well, I do, but you know what I mean)...if I recall correctly about 75% of the electorate was white, and not all of the remaining non-white voters voted for Obama...he definitely won over a large portion of whites not to mention 17% of those who voted Bush last election voted for Obama this time, THATS why he won.

And for those who are still racist in the 21st century, they do nothing but make whites look bad, actually pretty shameful.

Don't forget the huge drop off in republican votes, many were fed up with their party, but wouldn't vote democrat, so they cast no vote.

and on your last line there...I have discovered a number of 'closet racist' amongst my friends / colleagues because of this election..those people who are complaining way too much about Obama winning, probably wouldn't be complaining nearly as much as if a John Edwards type won...sad...Im already figuring my thanksgiving dinner is ruined due to this topic coming up and my racist ignorant uncle spouting off about this :mad:

Push Press Potts
11-06-2008, 07:40 AM
and on your last line there...I have discovered a number of 'closet racist' amongst my friends / colleagues because of this electionx2 man. and when you call them on it, it's either "oh we are just joking" or "i just dont like obama." there are plenty of other things to rag on someone for than the color of their skin

Yates Row T
11-06-2008, 07:41 AM
What makes me sick was the fact that there were black people over the age of 30 that needed help in the voting machine bc they have never been in there in their life that pathetic and disgusting.

psych
11-06-2008, 08:00 AM
What makes me sick was the fact that there were black people over the age of 30 that needed help in the voting machine bc they have never been in there in their life that pathetic and disgusting.

what do you find pathetic and disgusting ? that they didnt know how to vote or that they did not have a reason to vote before?

Yates Row T
11-06-2008, 08:02 AM
what do you find pathetic and disgusting ? that they didnt know how to vote or that they did not have a reason to vote before?

a bit of both. if your 55 and coming out to vote for the first time bc u think ur boy Obama bin laden is gona hook up with an extra check u shouldnt be voting.

dtrain13
11-06-2008, 08:03 AM

Exactly. Its sad. If you don't like someone for who they are or what there about thats fine with me. But to actually to have such hatred towards a person based solely upon the color of there skin is completely asinine.

On the flip side two things that also need to stop are one, blacks dislike for whites also based upon the color of our skin as well as the assumption that we're all racist because we're white. And secondly, the idea and built in excuse of "because I'm black" and thus can't prosper or get ahead in life or "the MAN is holding me down" excuse ALL NEED TO STOP. Starting in late January of 2009 the most powerful man in the world will be black (or partly). So that **** doesn't fly anymore.

haiz69
11-06-2008, 08:05 AM
You must not have watched the celebrations at Georgetown University in DC (white college students)

Yes. It was crazy here. Tons and Tons of white Kids dancing in the streets.

dtrain13
11-06-2008, 08:07 AM

Wow. You don't think there are/were plenty of whites over the age of thirty that had never voted previously? I know plenty of people that didn't vote. I'm one of them. I didn't like either candidate so I didn't vote. Same in 2004. Didn't like Bush and didn't like Kerry. In 2000 I voted for Gore and the first time I could ever vote in 1996 I voted for Clinton.

Yates Row T
11-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Wow. You don't think there are/were plenty of whites over the age of thirty that had never voted previously? I know plenty of people that didn't vote. I'm one of them. I didn't like either candidate so I didn't vote. Same in 2004. Didn't like Bush and didn't like Kerry. In 2000 I voted for Gore and the first time I could ever vote in 1996 I voted for Clinton.

wow, maybe u are retarded as well. Im not saying its wrong to not vote. But i would think u were an idiot if the election never interested u until the Race of the person u were voting for came into play.

michael3435
11-06-2008, 08:18 AM
wow, maybe u are retarded as well. Im not saying its wrong to not vote. But i would think u were an idiot if the election never interested u until the Race of the person u were voting for came into play.

read dark mans posts again. and please, dont insult others as there is no place for that here

michael3435
11-06-2008, 08:19 AM
btw, there was a parade at brown and all of the ivy league schools.

predominantly white, and well off...

do we piss everyone off too? are we dumber than everyone else???

dtrain13
11-06-2008, 08:35 AM

Explain to me what retardation has anything at all to do with this election? Strong name calling. Nice.

With the impression that blacks get from racist ignorants like yourself, I can't say as I blame them entirely for not voting in elections past.

You know the song "I can see your true colors shining though" pops in my head while participating in this thread.

Yates Row T
11-06-2008, 08:40 AM
Explain to me what retardation has anything at all to do with this election? Strong name calling. Nice.

With the impression that blacks get from racist ignorants like yourself, I can't say as I blame them entirely for not voting in elections past.

You the song "I can see your true colors shining though" pops in my head while participating in this thread.

I have no problem with black people. Black people that walk around and say "n*gger" all day and decided to vote bc Obama is running is my problem. Everyone has there right.

Being from NY there are plenty of educated black people on Long Island but u wouldnt feel the same about some of them from the ghettos we have in NY

dtrain13
11-06-2008, 08:42 AM
I have no problem with black people. Black people that walk around and say "n*gger" all day and decided to vote bc Obama is running is my problem. Everyone has there right.

Being from NY there are plenty of educated black people on Long Island but u wouldnt feel the same about some of them from the ghettos we have in NY

You're a racist. So just look in the mirror and deal with it. Congrats.

Skigazzi
11-06-2008, 08:43 AM
k ur boy Obama bin laden .

Really, its this **** that needs to stop...

Yates Row T
11-06-2008, 08:43 AM
You're a racist. So just look in the mirror and deal with it. Congrats.

If i dont like ghetto ass people that walk around say the "N" word all day then i guess i am racist but i actually have a couple of black friends who are educated and work hard and have better jobs then me. So take it for what its worth.

Yates Row T
11-06-2008, 08:46 AM
Its also funny how i get called a racist but Obamas wife can make racist comments on National TV and its OK. If i said the some of the things she said towards black people it would be a hate crime. BTW im starting a new TV program called WET(White Entertainment Television)

dtrain13
11-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Black people that walk around and say "n*gger" all day and decided to vote bc Obama is running is my problem.

The same could be said for white people that say "n*gger" all day and drive around with there confederate flag stickers or front plate and a "Keep the White house White" bumper sticker. They also only chose to vote because Obama was running.

dtrain13
11-06-2008, 08:49 AM
If i dont like ghetto ass people that walk around say the "N" word all day then i guess i am racist but i actually have a couple of black friends who are educated and work hard and have better jobs then me. So take it for what its worth.

You are a racist. The truth shall set you free.

michael3435
11-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Its also funny how i get called a racist but Obamas wife can make racist comments on National TV and its OK. If i said the some of the things she said towards black people it would be a hate crime. BTW im starting a new TV program called WET(White Entertainment Television)

why did you neg me??!!!

i calmy told you to not give insults and you neg me??? you coward

Yates Row T
11-06-2008, 08:51 AM
The same could be said for white people that say "n*gger" all day and drive around with there confederate flag stickers or front plate and a "Keep the White house White" bumper sticker. They also only chose to vote because Obama was running.

I actually agree with this.

You are a racist. The truth shall set you free.

How many black people are u friends with or live near Mr Universe? Come to BK or Harlem and tell me the people are not the most racist people u will ever meet.

Yates Row T
11-06-2008, 08:52 AM
why did you neg me??!!!

i calmy told you to not give insults and you neg me??? you coward

can someone please put me back up?

I took away 1 point girlie man stop rep begging

user98511001541
11-06-2008, 08:55 AM
instead of worried about his fukkin color, why dont people discuss how he is going to take forces out of iraq and into afghanistan, could be world war 3 (not saying it is wrong), or his socialist ideals of healthcare, raised taxes, stem cell research, ect'

all this talk about his color, what a goddamn waste of time... there are so many other things to talk about rather then the PAST election and the colors of voters and of obama.

i am so excited for what is coming up, and i voted mccain

michael3435
11-06-2008, 08:55 AM
I took away 1 point girlie man stop rep begging

you are a coward and are just trying to stir up ****. go elsewhere with your negative remarks

Yates Row T
11-06-2008, 08:58 AM
instead of worried about his fukkin color, why dont people discuss how he is going to take forces out of iraq and into afghanistan, could be world war 3 (not saying it is wrong), or his socialist ideals of healthcare, raised taxes, stem cell research, ect'

all this talk about his color, what a goddamn waste of time... there are so many other things to talk about rather then the PAST election and the colors of voters and of obama.

Good post. Repped.

you are a coward and are just trying to stir up ****. go elsewhere with your negative remarks

STFU

dtrain13
11-06-2008, 09:00 AM
How many black people are u friends with or live near Mr Universe? Come to BK or Harlem and tell me the people are not the most racist people u will ever meet.

Plenty. Apparently you've never been to Chicago. LMAO @ Mr Universe :D Totally unrelated to the topic. :D

dtrain13
11-06-2008, 09:01 AM

I agree. Thats why I didn't vote for him. I didn't vote for McCain either.

user98511001541
11-06-2008, 09:05 AM
I agree. Thats why I didn't vote for him. I didn't vote for McCain either.

i dont see anything wrong with that

i had a really hard time deciding what candidate to vote for... i agree with obama with his idea of fighting the real terrorists in afghanistan and pakistan, and his idea of a universal health care system really appeals to me as I graduate from college in 6 weeks and have a 3 month window where my benefits from my parents are gone

i ended up voting for mccain bc i took this quiz on abcnews.com that went over all the main issues, and my votes were 70/30 in favor of mccain

it was a hard choice, i dont hold it against anyone for not voting... altho others issues (state ballot issues) are just as important, so voting for the president is just a fraction of the votes you will make at the voting booth

IdahoViking
11-06-2008, 09:27 AM

That is all
/rambling rant
Great post.

DaddyPhats
11-06-2008, 11:02 AM
its like you were readin my mind as you typed darkman, awesome post!

martina92685
11-06-2008, 12:32 PM
GqAiarOhC2U

I do not have words to express how this makes me feel.

I live in Harlem. I walked 10 blocks home after getting off the train through the heart of Harlem at around 12:30 am after the results were posted. Car horns were honking and people were screaming. People stopped on the street, made eye contact with me, and said "We did it!" Men tried to kiss me, babies were running around, everyone was smiling.

I couldn't smile. I was happy on the inside that America has elected a black president. But I am not happy that that man is Barak Obama. I was irritated at these people who just wanted a black man in office. And I KNEW they knew nothing about what he had ever said. That to me is offensive.

Now, to be fair, I am sure that many people I saw actually listen to him speak. But, to be real, many DO NOT. I saw too many African Americans on the news saying that they will vote for him because "he looks like" them.

That is NOT A REASON TO VOTE FOR SOMEONE.

Recap: Yay for history, boo for Obama.

Dubl10
11-06-2008, 01:00 PM
check out the link in my sig.

obama is just another PUPPET.

america - we are not a democracy. we're a republic.

WAKE UP!!!

clayu86
11-06-2008, 01:03 PM

That is all
/rambling rant

I'd agree. Very good post.

martina92685
11-06-2008, 01:06 PM

Um, I lived in Brooklyn last year and I live in Harlem now. That comment is offensive.

Unless you mean that when they go to BK or Harlem that they well run into YOU.

Calhexas
11-06-2008, 01:06 PM
OK...

...That is all
/rambling rant

I'm happy to see you voted based on politics and not race. I have no beef with someone who is proud to be african american...and proud of an african american president. None whatsoever.

However...I don't believe the majority of the black voters were similar to you.

I believe very much that the majority of african americans were motivated primarily by race.

Also...Obama's policies seem to have changed a bit, specifically in the tax area. And I love how he's told his supporters not to expect him to accomplish what he promised.

BigToddy
11-06-2008, 03:14 PM
I do not have words to express how this makes me feel.

I live in Harlem. I walked 10 blocks home after getting off the train through the heart of Harlem at around 12:30 am after the results were posted. Car horns were honking and people were screaming. People stopped on the street, made eye contact with me, and said "We did it!" Men tried to kiss me, babies were running around, everyone was smiling.

I couldn't smile. I was happy on the inside that America has elected a black president. But I am not happy that that man is Barak Obama. I was irritated at these people who just wanted a black man in office. And I KNEW they knew nothing about what he had ever said. That to me is offensive.

Now, to be fair, I am sure that many people I saw actually listen to him speak. But, to be real, many DO NOT. I saw too many African Americans on the news saying that they will vote for him because "he looks like" them.

That is NOT A REASON TO VOTE FOR SOMEONE.

Recap: Yay for history, boo for Obama.

I understand where your coming from here but people should also recognize that ignorance is not concentrated solely in urban communities. Suppose Howard Stern took his little experiment to a rural countryside area and sampled the same number of white people. There would likely be some very similar responses and that may or may not be related to race, but it can definitely be attributed to ignorance.

mcVindicated
11-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Read 2x , repp'd once

I voted McCain , but i think Obama will be a good leader

momo5
11-06-2008, 03:24 PM
I think people just need to drop the race stuff, All I know is I'm american not african-american. I was born in America, A guy at the gym was talking about this he stated he had indian in him but yet his skin is white he was born in america. He said he's tired of people using race, just say your american. I agree with him stop this race bs like a black man's perspective put it simple an americans perspective. Your not helping any matters by saying your black or white. Obama becoming presidency is clearly a sign of change already happening. Stop recognizing your self as black, white, asian, etc just say I'm an american it's not hard.

Bluerain
11-06-2008, 05:08 PM
I think people just need to drop the race stuff, All I know is I'm american not african-american. I was born in America, A guy at the gym was talking about this he stated he had indian in him but yet his skin is white he was born in america. He said he's tired of people using race, just say your american. I agree with him stop this race bs like a black man's perspective put it simple an americans perspective. Your not helping any matters by saying your black or white. Obama becoming presidency is clearly a sign of change already happening. Stop recognizing your self as black, white, asian, etc just say I'm an american it's not hard.

I agree ..now all we need is for the freaking media to stop with this African American..Asian american and so on.

It just adds another reason for people to get pissed off with each other.

People always ask me what I am and I respond American and they ask me again and i say the same thing. ..Then they get annoyed LOL Idiots.

dtrain13
11-06-2008, 05:09 PM
I understand where your coming from here but people should also recognize that ignorance is not concentrated solely in urban communities. Suppose Howard Stern took his little experiment to a rural countryside area and sampled the same number of white people. There would likely be some very similar responses and that may or may not be related to race, but it can definitely be attributed to ignorance.

Agreed. As I said earlier in the thread there were plenty of country bumpkins that came out to vote for McCain simply because his skin color was white or rather not brown. I didn't vote simply because I didn't like either candidate but I would've voted for one or the other had there political stance fell in line with mine. Personally I think we need a third party but thats a topic for an entirely different discussion. Regardless my stance on this topic simply has to do with racism (both white towards black and black towards white) and my disdain for it. It needs to end as we're all equal. Hell half the time I don't think people even know why there racist other than its ingrained within them from past generations. Regardless of how you look at it this is one of the most historic events in the short life of this country.

dtrain13
11-06-2008, 05:10 PM

I agree ..now all we need is for the freaking media to stop with this African American..Asian american and so on.

It just adds another reason for people to get pissed off with each other.

People always ask me what I am and I respond American and they ask me again and i say the same thing. ..Then they get annoyed LOL Idiots.
Agreed as well.

ToneFreak
11-06-2008, 08:02 PM
I'm not even going to get into how if I had started classifying racist african americans as "urban blacks", I would be instantly deemed a racist. Of course there are racists on both sides, but the numbers simply don't back you up if you want to claim there being 3-4 more racists on McCain's side than Obama's.

He wasn't booed because he told them they were getting out of hand for racism. He was booed when he said things in support of Obama. Now sore losers are racists?

Actually the numbers do back him up for the claim there are 3-4 times as many racists on McCain's side. Let's assume an equal proportion of the black and white population is racist, which seems pretty fair. Blacks account for about 12% of the population and whites account for a little over 50%. So considering there are about 4 times as many whites as blacks his assumption on that is pretty plausible. That being said, the fact that some people did/didn't vote for him because he's black is annoying as hell.

fenixzona
11-06-2008, 08:13 PM

That is all
/rambling rant

You sir, are a true American. I absolutely respect that post.

martina92685
11-06-2008, 08:16 PM

Yes, that I agree with. It is just very upsetting when the people who are looking dumb as hell on the news are a part of my race and ethnicity. It just makes me sad.

EcksDee
11-06-2008, 08:21 PM
sadly, although he doesn't need the black vote

many black ****as voted based on race and need to be killed, by another black person if neccessary

Team Punishment
11-06-2008, 08:26 PM

many black ****as voted based on race and need to be killed, by another black person if neccessary

Since you obviously didnt read it.

AntonioWright
11-06-2008, 08:28 PM

That is all
/rambling rant

You said it better than me. I tend to let my emotions get involved.

dtrain13
11-07-2008, 04:01 AM

You're a f*cking racist idiot who should just do us all a favor and go out to the garage and start mommies car with the door closed and take a nice long nap.

sword_
11-07-2008, 04:17 AM
Excellent post DM! I am glad another black man on here gave a rational perspective on this historical event.

XtremeFitnessINC
11-07-2008, 04:37 AM

That is all
/rambling rant

Damn good post bro! Do you mind if I copy-n-paste it in threads as if I wrote it? Or maybe I should just use it as my sig :D

All jokes aside, I really like your post, insightful, intelligent, and meaningful. Reps bro

JAGERBOY
11-07-2008, 06:23 AM
I agree with the OP, however, it is quite disappointing that people are voting strictly on race, whether for or against. I will say that the simple fact that Obama is Black, will likely have positive permanent effects on America. We'll see over the next 4 years I suppose.

Sirtitan
11-07-2008, 06:51 AM

That is all
/rambling rant

Solid post!

catmando
11-07-2008, 08:06 AM

This entire election has been a joke and the dark brethren in the streets are the reason why. I'm just curious why everyone is celebrating his black heritage yet, no whiteys are runnin around saying "The white half of barack obama won!"You're white, of course you don't understand. "Dark brethren" lol you don't HAVE any "dark brethren". You're much closer to David Duke than the black family living on your street(if there is one).