PDA

View Full Version : Caffeine before workout limits potential?

7Happy7
11-05-2008, 05:58 AM
Think about it. Especially on leg day and/or high intensity workouts. Your heart beats way faster than it should and you have no choice but to stop or throw up

matth87
11-05-2008, 06:00 AM
Think about it. Especially on leg day and/or high intensity workouts. Your heart beats way faster than it should and you have no choice but to stop or throw up

no lol, im pretty sure it gets more atp to your muscles so it gives you more energy and allows you to get more and better reps, i dont know how much caffine you took in but maybe you took way to much if you feel like ur gonna hurl

7Happy7
11-05-2008, 06:05 AM
no lol, im pretty sure it gets more atp to your muscles so it gives you more energy and allows you to get more and better reps, i dont know how much caffine you took in but maybe you took way to much if you feel like ur gonna hurl

they say one cup of joe is 100mg but what constitues a cup? 1 or 2 tbsp? cuz some say you add 2tbsp.

anyway i've noticed this on leg days with 200mg pills

ThickAsABrick
11-05-2008, 06:12 AM
phucking phail

-Aaron-
11-05-2008, 06:31 AM
Wow, do you actually believe this?

7Happy7
11-05-2008, 06:38 AM
Wow, do you actually believe this?

when it comes to cardio and intense workouts with short resting periods. I dont have the discipline to push through but if i did, i think its more benefical. i always quit on lunges cuz my heart is about to pop

-Aaron-
11-05-2008, 06:41 AM
when it comes to cardio and intense workouts with short resting periods. I dont have the discipline to push through but if i did, i think its more benefical. i always quit on lunges cuz my heart is about to pop

You think the caffeine is the sole reason for this?

deejaykaydee
11-05-2008, 06:43 AM
I always feel like I got hit by a truck on leg day. No supplements needed.

Sleepstream
11-05-2008, 07:01 AM
This must be why caffeine is used in pre-workout products. It limits a person's potential, but promises them energy, focus, strength, etc. The person isn't getting as good of a workout as they would without the product, so the person then gets less results. The average person won't notice this and will just continue taking the product, especially if they feel good during the workout only.

This is GENIUS.

LS2Stew
11-05-2008, 07:07 AM
Caffeine helps me the first 30 minutes of a weights workout and then I crash so I avoid it.

It's useful for cardio though.

Sleepstream
11-05-2008, 07:10 AM
Caffeine helps me the first 30 minutes of a weights workout and then I crash so I avoid it.

It's useful for cardio though.

By caffeine, do you mean energy drinks, caffeine pills, preworkout supplements, or something else?

7Happy7
11-05-2008, 07:23 AM
This must be why caffeine is used in pre-workout products. It limits a person's potential, but promises them energy, focus, strength, etc. The person isn't getting as good of a workout as they would without the product, so the person then gets less results. The average person won't notice this and will just continue taking the product, especially if they feel good during the workout only.

This is GENIUS.

Thanks for completely ignoring my points. Caffeine raises heartrate and it can only go so high. if you're doing HIIT or high reps on legs, i think that if you're strong enough to push through, you would benefit without the caffeine cuz your heart rate wont be so high that you have to stop

EDIT: I'm not strong enough to push through. I always have **** load going on in my head preworkout so stims help me. But if i was an all around happy motivated person, i dont see how caffeine help on leg days

Sleepstream
11-05-2008, 07:32 AM
Caffeine doesn't raise HR in all individuals.

Jules Verne
11-05-2008, 10:28 AM
I guess if you have a low tolerance, 200mg might be too much. I did find that going over 300 or so in one go doesn't make me feel too good, so I personally wouldn't consume 400-500mg pre WO.

200mg caffeine and 20mg Ephedrine HCL just about hits the spot for me.

Thompson79
11-05-2008, 12:22 PM
I always take 1tab (250mg) each morning. Doesn't bother me...

NeverGymLess
11-05-2008, 12:45 PM
i take 400 mg before back or leg work outs.