PDA

View Full Version : Down ~115 pounds in 16 months PICS

conwaylucas
11-04-2008, 10:26 PM
At about a year and a half ago, I decided something had to change. I was fresh out of college ,and I had my new cool job. It also was a desk job... Needless to say I gained quite a bit of weight....

I had been a little overweight for ever that I could remember. I ended high school at 6'4" and 210 pounds. I had played a lot of basketball in high school and my diet was atrocious. Fast food was a common occurrence. Basketball had weaken my knees so I was given the advice to stop exercise in college. So after freshman year, I hit the big 250 lb mark.

Sophomore year brought me to 280 lb ,and I decided it was time to get my weight down. I remember lying in bed and realizing that my stomach was lying next to me I promptly went on a low carb (Atkins) diet. I also went to the college gym and did a measly amount of weights and jogged on the elliptical for 30min. I did that exercise about 6 times a week for 3 weeks and lost 30 lb.

I was able to keep my weight at 250 lb for quite a while. I used to pride myself on being 6'4" 250 lb and quite frankly, I was a large guy. I had quite a bit of muscle still from basketball weight training so it was not just fat. Most people did not believe that I weighed as much as I said.

Then I got my desk job as a Software Developer.... over the first year and a half or so, I ended up gaining 50 lb.

I was overweight, eating horribly, when I drank -- I drank too much, I also was addicted to nicotine

My self esteem was low, my heart literally hurt, and I knew something had to change.

I changed my diet....slowly. I added in some exercise... slowly. I cut out the nicotine.... I even eventually learned when partying to watch your alcohol intake.

I have gone from July 07 at ~300 lb to Nov 08 at ~185 lb. I also did most of this without any supplements. Mainly because I did not even know of them.

I made mistakes. I cheated on my diet. I learned.

Me at around my biggest time.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/anubispl2/100_0111-1.jpg

Me as of writing this post

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/anubispl2/me001.jpg

And another...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/anubispl2/me002.jpg

These are iPhone pics so not the greatest but you get the picture. I have to goto bed now so I can get my morning cardio in tomorrow, BUT I have lots more information on how I did my change plus I want this communities help on furthering my fitness goals. I am somewhat a newbie on the bodybuilding forums...

I get back to ya later, feel free to post questions.

thakoolkid
11-04-2008, 10:30 PM
First of all congrats, dude you really lost some weight haha. Hey can you help me out and guide me a little. What did you eat and do?

C-results
11-04-2008, 10:37 PM
Incredible results man. You definitely help to inspire me.

prady
11-04-2008, 10:39 PM
im amazed OP that u have no loose skin... awesome

C-results
11-04-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm wanting to hear your most effective workouts/cardio routines for you and what diet you found more effective.

dawnoffatex
11-04-2008, 10:42 PM
pro man, good for you. Be proud of yourself.

keland44
11-04-2008, 10:43 PM
congrats you just inspired me to join we have a pretty similar story i played ball and was in pretty good shape while in school got to college and things just gradually started to slide gotta tech job (sys admin) and the pounds have been coming i'm in the 280-290 range
any tips you have any suggestions would be great i'm just starting out off to the gym now to do some cardio
ideal weight would probably be around 225 don't want to get to small but would like to be cut and some nice muscle

onimusha
11-04-2008, 10:47 PM
way to go man 16 months is hardcore dedication!

C-results
11-04-2008, 10:48 PM
way to go man 16 months is hardcore dedication!

True hardcore dedication

NightLight
11-04-2008, 10:51 PM
good job man!

im about 210, and 6ft tall. and i recently started my new life.
I hope i can be as successful as you.

Great work!

plAythiNG
11-04-2008, 10:53 PM
wow congrats.. however im sad to see no one has repped u.

+1

wat are your goals now?

C-results
11-04-2008, 11:09 PM
wow congrats.. however im sad to see no one has repped u.

+1

wat are your goals now?

I sent reps, but whether it's showing or not, I don't know

Giovanni.
11-05-2008, 01:31 AM
Congrats!

Did you ever have a lot of loose skin at one point while loosing so much weight?

aspenwhite
11-05-2008, 01:45 AM
Wow bro, great job. reps.

NoTimeLikeNow
11-05-2008, 01:49 AM
um... WOW. just wow. Great transformation, please elaborate your story, what were your diets, exercise routines, so on.

w830i
11-05-2008, 02:23 AM
amazing progress. congrats dude

jipp
11-05-2008, 02:26 AM
I love posts like these. Congrats man!

Bo DeLone
11-05-2008, 03:14 AM
Great progress from the OP. Reps for youconwaylucas. Thanks for sharing your story.

MAK060
11-05-2008, 05:00 AM
congrats man, but seriously u dont look to be 300lbs in ur starting photo

back-in-da-game
11-05-2008, 05:04 AM
Great job. Obviously the hard work paid off for you. Great results!!!

It shows mostly in your face, you look like a different person. I didn't lose nearly that much weight but when I did lose that was the first thing my wife said was my face looked different.

You look great. Congratulations!!!

drexwinkel
11-05-2008, 05:42 AM
Congrats man! You look terrific! Im interested in what a normal week in training consisted of for you and your diet of course ;) . Its always great to hear what people did and ate when they have some proof to back it up.
Dan

sixzebra
11-05-2008, 06:35 AM
Great job!! Congrats and wish you continued success!

conwaylucas
11-05-2008, 09:07 AM
congrats man, but seriously u dont look to be 300lbs in ur starting photo

Yes many people said that to me when I told them my weight. The scales dont lie though and once I saw 300... I was a little upset. Even in the original photo I had quite a bit of muscle cause I trained hard in college when I was in the gym. My problem was I did not go to the gym all of the time and my diet was atrocious.

During Sophomore year, I would order a large pizza and half it with a buddy at least 4 nights out of the week at later than 11pm. I probably did that for a whole semester...

I was living to eat then but now I eat to live.

This transformation took a long time and I took things slowly, but I was constantly dedicated.

The main trigger to start this process was a few times, I would be sitting at my computer at night playing video games, eating junk food, and all of the sudden my chest would hurt... At the age of 24, I figured this was not a good sign. I also have a large family history with heart disease, strokes, diabetes, cancer, and so on.

I decided to cut down on the video games and use my free time in a better way. I had an old old threadmill in my attic at the time that hadn't been used in years. I fixed up a little space in the crowded attic for the threadmill and for a little while I would go up there and speed walk for like 15min till I felt like I was gonna die :(

I quickly grew bored of being in the attic ,and I realized that I better find better ways to occupy my brain. So I found an extra television and a few full boxes of crap. Stacked the boxes up right in front of the threadmill and stuck the tv on top. I also had to hook up the cable outlet that was in the attic and get that working.

I found watching tv made the speed walk bearable.

During this first phase, I was going up to the attic to speed walk probably 4-5 nights a week. I also changed my diet....a little.

For example: I used to constantly order food at McDonald's.

I would get the #2 combo meal ( 2 cheeseburgers ) Supersize it with a Dr. Pepper and add an extra Double cheesburger for 99cents.

Or I would get the 9 chicken nugget meal and add 2 extra double cheeseburgers supersize and Dr. Pepper

I changed at first to no supersize and I started to drink diet sodas. It took some time before I decided to go just with a combo meal... lol

I sorta noticed the switch to diet sodas alone made me lose weight. I used to have an IV drip of high fructose corn syrup with me at all times...

During this time, I was not taking any vitamins, supplements, fat burners, anything. I was drinking quite a bit of caffeine from the sodas and I had turned to coffee as an office pick me up. Now that I know better, I was probably dehydrated most of the time.

Also to take note, I rarely had a normal bowel movement in this point in my life. I only say this to display the horrible atrocities that the fast food industry is doing to the world.

I also cut out all night time snacks after a couple weeks of speed walking. I knew eating close to bedtime was bad and I was determined to see results. Actually I cut out most all snacks during the day and night.

After about ~3months, I was able to speed walk through an entire hour long tv show. I was no longer eating at night. I was no longer super sizing anything. I was still eating fast food. I started to dabble into multi-vitamins and fish oil. I did not eat breakfast. I was never accustomed to it. I hate a large lunch and dinner and that is all.

I had gotten a scale for my birthday before I started this and weighed myself every night and morning. I was keeping tabs and noticing that when I indulged I could notice.

After those first ~3months, I was down 50 lbs. 250 lbs.

I have to do some actual work today so I will have to explain the rest later. I am new to fitness and will have many questions for you all too. :)

I plan on using this thread to catalog the whole transformation for not only my sake but for others to see that anyone can do it.

I really appreciate all of the feedback!

bambam2008
11-05-2008, 09:15 AM
True hardcore dedication

+1 CONGRATS!!!!

conwaylucas
11-05-2008, 09:18 AM
Congrats!

Did you ever have a lot of loose skin at one point while loosing so much weight?

Surprisingly no. I do however have stretch marks on love handles, around arms by armpits etc. They are my scars of war from the battle of the bulge.

The stretch marks seem to look much better on my stomach ( got those from a hazing incident in college .. another story ) . I think this is because of the fat loss and also it seems like Lipoderm Ultra is causing them to tighten up.

I will get into my supplements I use now later.

C-Money
11-05-2008, 09:42 AM
good ****ing job! Props

eduardosa
11-05-2008, 10:02 AM
that's one the biggest changes i've seen here, you look like another person, great job!
i'm truly impressed that you don't have loose skin...

jcool10181
11-05-2008, 10:18 AM
Lipoderm ultra sounds interesting. Will you vouch for that product? Does it really make that much difference?

I've been losing 2-3lbs per week and i'm starting to notice some loose skin. Will this product help tighten my lower ab area? Also, how soon do you notice results?

counterfit_hero
11-05-2008, 10:25 AM
good job!!

lyrics312
11-05-2008, 11:11 AM
awesome transformation!

I can't wait to read more when you post again

conwaylucas
11-05-2008, 11:16 AM
Lipoderm ultra sounds interesting. Will you vouch for that product? Does it really make that much difference?

I've been losing 2-3lbs per week and i'm starting to notice some loose skin. Will this product help tighten my lower ab area? Also, how soon do you notice results?

I can say that I believe it is firming my stretch marks on my stomach. I can feel my abdomen getting a little tight after applying the product for a little while. I cannot definitively say that it is true spot reduction.

I do know that the ingredients get into your body cause I can notice my metabolism raise after applying it. I made the mistake of combining a fat burner , NO Xplode, and lipoderm ultra one night and I felt like my body was going into overdrive lol This does not mean it specifically targets the fat cells where I apply it though...

I will provide a true review of the transdermals after im done with the bottle. I am also considering saving the rest of the bottle and getting a bottle of Napalm and just stack them together for my first cycle coming up. When I say cycle I mean I want to get a stack for cutting and develop a good diet plan and exercise regiment to reach my goal.

I have my own question about lipoderm ultra. I noticed that after massaging it in a lot of the time pieces of a gel-like substance appear. Consistency of hardened hand soap. Plus I have never used more than 7 pumps. 2 on each love handle, 2 on each side of my middle/lower abs, 1 all over abs. I am almost afraid to massage it in too much as to other threads I've read about reactions.

goodfella0729
11-05-2008, 11:45 AM
congrats man way to go. great dedication! i know the feeling i was once 270 pounds and got down to 167 pounds at one time. it takes hard work and the drive to want to do it. reps man

Lexodus
11-05-2008, 12:06 PM
great f*cking job my friend! cheers!

koa29
11-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Great work man.. stuff like this inspires me. Thanks alot.

RedRaider85
11-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Ya great job man! I found the same thing happen to me my softmore year of college. I graduated high school at 175 by December of my softmore year I was at 245! Now I am having to work hard at getting it back off.

What is your current diet look like?

conwaylucas
11-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Well my current diet is a little dynamic because I have been reading a lot on bodybuilding forums. I just found out about these awesome communities. :)

my diet right now is extremely clean but I'm afraid of getting too few calories for my exercise. I am just constantly afraid of gaining the weight back.

I have been eating for the past months something like.

Breakfast either:
cereal skim milk
or
Healthy version of different microwave breakfast egg mcmuffins
or
regular Oatmeal

Lunch:
out to eat. Olive Garden, Mexican, Shorty Smalls, etc. but I try to eat the healthy items. recently I have cut out anything fried.

Snack: I have a meeting at 4pm and I have brought either a piece of fruit or a light yogurt ( yoplait mainly) recently switched to Kroger brand Carbmasters

I also munched on a lot of cashews and beef jerky. Claussen pickles worked as well to fill in the cravings for carbs.

Dinner:
I was eating a lean cuisine every night for a long long time. Since visiting this forum I have decided to add more protein and also downgrade my carbs after 5pm.

I also used a lot of hydroxycut because it was at wal-mart lol plus i would use the wal-mart Super Fortress Advanced whey protein usually after workouts and sometimes in oatmeal for breakfast.

I also drank a lot of beer in the past 4 months. Getting drunk at least one night on every weekend and having on average 1 beer a night on weeknights with dinner.

I'm not perfect and I did not go about this all the right way but hopefully after explaining everything I can learn more about how to finish this cut. :)

CorruptSilence
11-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Reps!!! Great work. It's a process that never ends. You look great bro...

conwaylucas
11-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks a lot guys! I just picked up some ON whey protein to replace the walmart **** and the ON has no creatine so hopefully I can try to not retain as much water.

I'm trying to get around 1.5 gal of water in a day but it is hard.

Im reading these forums like mad looking for more good info. I have a potential cutting stack of supplements that I will post tonight for feedback on. I want to finish this out right!

Richie209
11-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Great Job Mate :)

conwaylucas
11-05-2008, 09:13 PM
I think I figured out how I cut so much fat. Or at least a theory I have.

Once the first 50 pounds was gone from speed walking, I would goto the gym. And everytime I went I would do a full body workout and then do like ~30 min of medium intensity cardio. When I say full body workout, I mean that I never have targeted specific muscle groups. I just went in and would try out new exercises and ones that seemed to work out my muscles I would keep in my rotation. I was very much into not wasting time. All lifting was done fast but controlled.

I think the workout used up a lot of energy stores and then doing only medium intensity cardio for a longer time ... sometimes i even jogged for an hour. This was done on an elliptical with resistance cranked up some. I believe this behavior caused a lot of fat loss and seemed to preserve my muscle because it wasn't high intensity...

I had to use an elliptical cause my knees had problems from basketball in high school. I did not want those issues to come back so I would just jog on the elliptical. I eventually would "compete" with the fellow cardioers. I would pride myself on outlasting any and everybody that would start their cardio around the same time as me. lol I know its stupid but the game of it made me work harder.

my theory so far....

conwaylucas
11-05-2008, 10:03 PM
congrats you just inspired me to join we have a pretty similar story i played ball and was in pretty good shape while in school got to college and things just gradually started to slide gotta tech job (sys admin) and the pounds have been coming i'm in the 280-290 range
any tips you have any suggestions would be great i'm just starting out off to the gym now to do some cardio
ideal weight would probably be around 225 don't want to get to small but would like to be cut and some nice muscle

Well you will need to get into a clean diet. I find lean cuisine to be great for dinner cause its easy and Im lazy. You must eat breakfast. I ended up eating an untold amount of plain oatmeal and cheerios. It was easy to fix and I could put it in a cup to eat on the way to work since I have an hour drive to my job.

I think long medium intensity cardio was the main reason I was able to lose the weight. If you go into the gym and do some resistance training ( weights ) and then goto the bike, elliptical, treadmill.... i prefer elliptical. Just push up the resistance some to where your legs can handle 30 mins of it. On treadmill just raise the incline some. Eventually you will be able to go longer and with a little more resistance. I would not constantly try to up the resistance though.

The point is to lose weight not burn your muscles.

You definitely need to be taking a multi-vitamin once starting cause the diet will need supplemented. I also recommend a "fat burner", I used hydroxycut but I dont neccesarily recommend it. I had to start off small with half dose for a long long time. You need to watch your heart rate when you start cause you do not need your heart rate to get too high.

I didn't use really any protein until later down the line.... No until I hit 250 lb and starting going to the gym. So once you feel good enough to start lifting you could add a scoop of protein to your oatmeal in the meal yummm and mix a scoop of it in your after workout shake. You will need that shake if you want to keep the muscle going while you are losing.

Anymore specific questions? feel free to ask

calimac69
11-05-2008, 11:28 PM
. Claussen pickles worked as well to fill in the cravings for carbs.

:)

That is so funny. I thought I was the only who would eat claussens when I get really hungry, they taste freakin great man when you are starving!!!!!!

conwaylucas
11-06-2008, 08:16 AM
That is so funny. I thought I was the only who would eat claussens when I get really hungry, they taste freakin great man when you are starving!!!!!!

Yes they do! I know the sodium is a bit much but hey its the best pickle in the world :)

lyrics312
11-06-2008, 08:39 AM
Hey Conway, I have a question about your dinner

You started out at roughly the same size I am now. Were the lean cuisines enough to fill you up at night? I'm tempted to try them but I guess I always thought frozen dinners weren't the greatest for health or taste. Did you find certain lean cuisines that tasted better than others, and if you got hungry after dinner did you just eat another pickle or yogurt to get you through?

conwaylucas
11-06-2008, 09:12 AM
lol Actually yes I had to supplement the lean cuisines at first. It just wasn't enough food for me. I did everything gradually. Initially I bought a lot of the personal pizza lean cuisines and I would usually add a big handful of Doritos to go with it.

I really like the pizzas, lasagna, parmesan encrusted tilapia ( my fav now), also those new Healthy Choice steamers.... amazing. The Grilled Chicken marinara is great and tastes great. I am a 25 year old young professional with no girlfriend so I eat like a lazy bachelor. If it can be microwaved and its healthy I will try it. I eat microwavalbe Egg McMuffins from Healthy Choice for quite a while in the morning. I oatmeal with protein is prolly my favorite breakfast. I even mix in a little peanut butter with it now.

I never got to the point where I would eat two lean cuisines for dinner but I would definitely have to add something else to the meal. I actually bought broccoli and carrots and had a little plate of those with Hidden Valley Ranch.
If you start at my inital weight and immediately go hardcore... you will struggle hard. I think the only way I was able to get through it was because I did everything in phases.

I did not change to a clean low carb diet overnight.

jcool10181
11-06-2008, 11:05 AM
I can say that I believe it is firming my stretch marks on my stomach. I can feel my abdomen getting a little tight after applying the product for a little while. I cannot definitively say that it is true spot reduction.

I do know that the ingredients get into your body cause I can notice my metabolism raise after applying it. I made the mistake of combining a fat burner , NO Xplode, and lipoderm ultra one night and I felt like my body was going into overdrive lol This does not mean it specifically targets the fat cells where I apply it though...

I will provide a true review of the transdermals after im done with the bottle. I am also considering saving the rest of the bottle and getting a bottle of Napalm and just stack them together for my first cycle coming up. When I say cycle I mean I want to get a stack for cutting and develop a good diet plan and exercise regiment to reach my goal.

I have my own question about lipoderm ultra. I noticed that after massaging it in a lot of the time pieces of a gel-like substance appear. Consistency of hardened hand soap. Plus I have never used more than 7 pumps. 2 on each love handle, 2 on each side of my middle/lower abs, 1 all over abs. I am almost afraid to massage it in too much as to other threads I've read about reactions.
hey thanks for the reply. i'm giving napalm a shot. there are alot of positive reviews about it so i think it should help tighten my lower abs.

when you combined hydroxycut , NO Xplode, and lipoderm ultra- no doubt you will go to overdrive because no xplode has tons of caffeine in it and hydroxycut as well. i don't think it's good to combine no xplode and hydroxycut because it kind of beats its purpose. no xplode contains creatine (retains water) while hydroxycut is a deuretic. i think you should be fine with either product plus the lipoderm.

i'm currently using no xplode on my cut and it works wonders! i'm always scared to lose muscles from losing weight but with no xplode and heavy weight lifting helps me retain my hard earned muscles.

IzRiot
11-06-2008, 01:06 PM
congratulations

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110919371
consider joining us in the 100lbs lost club :)

RedRaider85
11-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Ya I have started using the ON Whey Protein and I think it works really well. That walmart crap is unfurtunately a bad case of getting what you pay for....

Thanks, for posting the diet and all. I started at about 230 and I am trying to lose quite a bit.

conwaylucas
11-06-2008, 02:49 PM
I have discontinued use of hydroxycut right now and been taking NO Xplode with my workouts. The NO Xplode is working wonders for energy.

I did not know NO Xplode had caffeine arghhh I was wanting to stack it with Lipo 6 when I start to go into my final cutting cycle on the 15th

Would you all recommend lipo 6 or just continue with NO Xplode pre workout?

I plan on using:
lipoderm ultra / napalm cycle
Lean Xtreme (Designer Supplements version)
Lipo 6
ON Whey protein
some combination of fish oils/CLA/GLA/sesamin etc. ( right now testing out Abdominal cuts )
multi-vitamin
And I wanted to use NO Xplode pre major workouts which I usually have 3 of these a week

RedRaider85
11-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Currently I use ON Whey, 2000mg Fish oil, multi-vitamin, 3000mg CLAs....

I have been curious to find out more about that Lipo 6. It seems like a lot of people use it but I haven't talked to anyone about it yet.

conwaylucas
11-06-2008, 03:35 PM
well you are not using a stim fat burner. Lipo 6 , hydroxycut, etc are stim fat burner that equate to drinking a lot of coffee plus susposed added benefits for weight loss.

You have to watch your heart rate when on them though. Thats why combining hydroxycut, NO Xplode ( has caffeine ) , and lipoderm ultra ( is a topical stim fat burner ) made me feel like my chest was thumping all night.... eek

EWC88
11-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Wow man you are so inspiring! I"ve read every page and each time you posted it was helpful. I right now am in the process of losing weight. I'm 20years old at 6' at 204lbs. I hate the look of me and told myself last week that is it! I changed my diet and started running everyday. I have been looking at a fat burner to be taking but can't figure out what. I do take a multi vitamin everyday. I do also have ON protein but haven't used it. Do you recommend taking it while dieting? OR save it when I start bulking?

I also hear ya on the knee problem. In high school I played football and unforantely I blew out my left knee. Tore my ACL and completely lost my maniscus. When we got the MRI the ACL had to be replaced and the maniscus couldn't be found. When I had my operation they found it infront of my knee cap and below it. Couldn't get that replaced right away but got the ACL. Went in for my mansicus operation and turned out that my cells were making its own! So I have to now do joggs but keep it cool with it cause with the cold weather I still feel the knee pains.

Any advice woulod be great if you can help me on fat burners and everything else.

Keep it up!

conwaylucas
11-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Wow man you are so inspiring! I"ve read every page and each time you posted it was helpful. I right now am in the process of losing weight. I'm 20years old at 6' at 204lbs. I hate the look of me and told myself last week that is it! I changed my diet and started running everyday. I have been looking at a fat burner to be taking but can't figure out what. I do take a multi vitamin everyday. I do also have ON protein but haven't used it. Do you recommend taking it while dieting? OR save it when I start bulking?

I also hear ya on the knee problem. In high school I played football and unforantely I blew out my left knee. Tore my ACL and completely lost my maniscus. When we got the MRI the ACL had to be replaced and the maniscus couldn't be found. When I had my operation they found it infront of my knee cap and below it. Couldn't get that replaced right away but got the ACL. Went in for my mansicus operation and turned out that my cells were making its own! So I have to now do joggs but keep it cool with it cause with the cold weather I still feel the knee pains.

Any advice woulod be great if you can help me on fat burners and everything else.

Keep it up!

I appreciate your words and I am happy to see you are trying to trim up after such operations. Going through all of that with your acl and mansicus and still wanting to get in shape and jog through the pain is a testament to your newfound dedication!

I would like to say something on the whole self-image topic. Losing the weight will not improve your self-image... immediately. Its when you notice other people treat you differently. Its when the cute waitress continually comes to your table to see if your doing alright. My self-image is just now starting to stabilize cause for so long it was very poor. I can understand how anorexics get. Sometimes you just don't see yourself as who you are.

Remember that if you live a healthy lifestyle, you should feel good about yourself because you are doing something most others never would do. Most others do not have the determination to do. Do you want to be one of the mindless fast food guzzling, cubicle sitting, television watching drones? I think not. I may be a Software Developer ("nerd") but I can break that stereotype and not be who people say I am, but be who I know I am.

enough rant...sorry

supps:

you need to be taking vitamin and fish oil every day. even just one cap of fish oil is beneficial. *get the odorless kind*

the protein needs to be used so that even in your cut you regain your muscle. I used protein from pound 250 on down to 185. Protein will not bulk you unless you have an abundance of calories or carbs.

I would not worry about the fact that you said you could only jog. I never ran. ever. never. My balance is a little jacked up so me running on a treadmill would be funny to say the least. I had a doctor that specializes in weight loss tell me that in severe weight loss cases ( 70+ pounds ) individuals' bodies will still react as if they have the weight there. So my body thinks im heavy and I move as such.... all in all it means I have a tendency to wobble when I run.

The elliptical is my fav cause it keeps my stride in check and I cant wobble of course lol

He also told me on a side note that people who lose a lot of weight tend to be extremely flexible. Moreso than normal people. I have noticed this in the fact that I can do quite a bit of yoga moves and strange stretches that most people would prolly have problems with.

Anyhow jogging in my opinion is the best way to lose bodyfat. You need to keep your heart rate around 140 - 160 or so for a long time. I used a lot of jogging ( medium intensity cardio ) on the elliptical. That was pretty much my only cardio and it, combined with weight training, is what I believe made me lose the weight.

fat burners :
I used hydroxycut a lot but it definitely is not the best one out there but the only one I ever really used. When I was fatter though I had to be careful. If I got too intense in my cardio or lifting my HR would skyrocket.

Their are non-stimulant fat burners that control cortisol levels but I would not recommend them to somebody starting to cut. Joint pain can be associated if not handled correctly.

I will putting lipo 6 through a test run while I am on my business trip ( i head out sunday) after that I will know if I will use it in my cycle.

Also heres a little trick I picked up: in the morning drink a full 16oz of cold water. the water jumpstarts your metabolism. Also coffee can be used at a stim fat burner to raise your metabolism as well throughout the day but it will dehydrate you so you will need to drink a lot of water.

bed time ... if you have more questions feel free to ask. I am very glad to see somebody inspired to make their own transformation!

MoonWalker0
11-06-2008, 11:26 PM
damn that's awesome progress. the decreased fat% makes your arm looks longer.

AlastairMilton
11-07-2008, 06:36 AM
Wow massive difference. Well done!

RedRaider85
11-07-2008, 08:23 AM
Ya I had the same problems when I started taking Hydroxycut Hardcore. I took it for about a week and it made my heart race so face that it made me naseaus and I had to pull over to the side of the road a couple times. I also used BSN Thermonex...that one seemed to work a whole lot better!

jcool10181
11-07-2008, 08:49 AM
I've tried Lipo 6 and it's the same thing as Hydroxycut. What i would recommend though over these 2 products is Green Tea. The one that you buy in tea bags and let it sit in hot water not the bottled kind. It's cheap and more effective. I lost a pound more every week by drinking 3 cups of green tea all throught the day. Then i will take No Xplode pre-workout.

For PWO, I will have 2 servings of protein shake. This is a mixture of a scoop of NitroTech Hardcore, a scoop of ON 100% Casein powder, and a scoop of powdered flaxseed. The purpose of this mixture is very critical. NitroTech is a very good blend of fast absorbing Whey and other muscle building supplements and the Casein is for slow digestion protein (since i don't eat dinner). Also, the flaxseed powder will help curb your hunger. It's also important to drink your BCAA's and Glutamin pills PWO.

I find this combo very effective for losing weight.

batman15
11-07-2008, 08:56 AM
good job brah

conwaylucas
11-07-2008, 10:48 AM
I've tried Lipo 6 and it's the same thing as Hydroxycut. What i would recommend though over these 2 products is Green Tea. The one that you buy in tea bags and let it sit in hot water not the bottled kind. It's cheap and more effective. I lost a pound more every week by drinking 3 cups of green tea all throught the day. Then i will take No Xplode pre-workout.

For PWO, I will have 2 servings of protein shake. This is a mixture of a scoop of NitroTech Hardcore, a scoop of ON 100% Casein powder, and a scoop of powdered flaxseed. The purpose of this mixture is very critical. NitroTech is a very good blend of fast absorbing Whey and other muscle building supplements and the Casein is for slow digestion protein (since i don't eat dinner). Also, the flaxseed powder will help curb your hunger. It's also important to drink your BCAA's and Glutamin pills PWO.

I find this combo very effective for losing weight.

I have started dranking green tea as of about a month ago. Right now I am drinking some coffee in the morning and about 16oz of green tea in afternoon around snack time. I do think I need to get some Casein powder cause I usually dont get outta gym till late ~9pm so I usually do not feel like eating a dinner. I would actually like to just have my snack at 4pm and then around 9 after my workout have my protein shake and not do dinner but I keep thinking that would be bad for me.

You say drink your BCAA and glutamine pills.... I think my ON 100% whey has those already in it. Should I be supplementing with something else? do you have a link to the product? I have taken straight L-glutamine before but I discontinued just cause I was ignorant to what if anything it was doing.

I am willing to do pretty much anything to actually get ripped.... lol I want to be able to prove to myself that I could do it. Right now I am trying to ramp up my calories cause I believe I have been living in starvation for a long time making my fat loss slower.

conwaylucas
11-07-2008, 12:59 PM
damn that's awesome progress. the decreased fat% makes your arm looks longer.

yea some of my friends say my whole body looks longer and I look taller... I think I dont hunch over as much anymore. posture ftw!

alex.dude
11-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Awesome progress dude!

jcool10181
11-07-2008, 01:33 PM
I have started dranking green tea as of about a month ago. Right now I am drinking some coffee in the morning and about 16oz of green tea in afternoon around snack time. I do think I need to get some Casein powder cause I usually dont get outta gym till late ~9pm so I usually do not feel like eating a dinner. I would actually like to just have my snack at 4pm and then around 9 after my workout have my protein shake and not do dinner but I keep thinking that would be bad for me.

You say drink your BCAA and glutamine pills.... I think my ON 100% whey has those already in it. Should I be supplementing with something else? do you have a link to the product? I have taken straight L-glutamine before but I discontinued just cause I was ignorant to what if anything it was doing.

I am willing to do pretty much anything to actually get ripped.... lol I want to be able to prove to myself that I could do it. Right now I am trying to ramp up my calories cause I believe I have been living in starvation for a long time making my fat loss slower.

Your muscles need more amounts of BCAA's and L-glutamin for muscle recovery and building which protein shakes have them very minimally. This also helps prevent muscle loss since your body will go to starvation mode the whole night without eating dinner. This is where casein protein comes in handy.

EWC88
11-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Thanks alot man on the info. I will be now starting to take in my protein. Do you recomend a shake after a cardio workout?

dubya M84
11-08-2008, 11:09 AM
well you are not using a stim fat burner. Lipo 6 , hydroxycut, etc are stim fat burner that equate to drinking a lot of coffee plus susposed added benefits for weight loss.

You have to watch your heart rate when on them though. Thats why combining hydroxycut, NO Xplode ( has caffeine ) , and lipoderm ultra ( is a topical stim fat burner ) made me feel like my chest was thumping all night.... eek

I'm currently stacking NO-Xplode and Lipo-6, but I don't use a full dose of NO-Xplode. I work out very early in the morning and I agree that it does wonders for energy. I haven't had a bad experience stacking both of those but I am very careful about dosing. Knowing that stacking both of these can cause a very rapid heartbeat, I took a long time dosing up to the full dose of Lipo-6. I also only use the NO-Xplode on weight training days, which is 4 days a week so I think I've built up a reasonable tolerance to both of them, as far as caffeine goes. I guess it all depends on how it makes you feel but regardless, I am trying to be very careful so I can avoid some potentially negative consequences.

Kyle.Lgk
11-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Transformations like that are rare, you look like a different person and I bet you feel like one too. Reps to you bro!

I hope you don't mind, I wanted to give my 2 cents on a few things... take it for what its worth I suppose :)

you need to be taking vitamin and fish oil every day. even just one cap of fish oil is beneficial. *get the odorless kind*

--- most body builders take 6-9g of Fishoils every day ---

the protein needs to be used so that even in your cut you regain your muscle. I used protein from pound 250 on down to 185. Protein will not bulk you unless you have an abundance of calories or carbs.

---Whey protein only "needs" to be used post workout, best to get the rest from various whole foods---

---You're super lean bro, do you think you really need to keep taking the fat burners? You look great, time to start eating more and packing on some extra muscle... Your diet is clean, but maybe its time to up the protein and carb intake :) And don't worry about water retention from creatine, its a great product, and if your lean it won't matter ---

One more thing... NO Xplode is crap compared to other similar products out there... My favorites are White Flood (best energy) or Animal Pump! (best pumps) or NO Shotgun (most diverse product) ... try em out!

SDC77
11-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Dinner:I was eating a lean cuisine every night for a long long time. Since visiting this forum I have decided to add more protein and also downgrade my carbs after 5pm.

Don't let broscience creep in on you lol.

You've done a great job, repped.

Chris@UGA
11-08-2008, 06:35 PM
I have discontinued use of hydroxycut right now and been taking NO Xplode with my workouts. The NO Xplode is working wonders for energy.

I did not know NO Xplode had caffeine arghhh I was wanting to stack it with Lipo 6 when I start to go into my final cutting cycle on the 15th

Would you all recommend lipo 6 or just continue with NO Xplode pre workout?

I plan on using:
lipoderm ultra / napalm cycle
Lean Xtreme (Designer Supplements version)
Lipo 6
ON Whey protein
some combination of fish oils/CLA/GLA/sesamin etc. ( right now testing out Abdominal cuts )
multi-vitamin
And I wanted to use NO Xplode pre major workouts which I usually have 3 of these a week

I have experience with Lean Xtreme, ON whey, and a multi-vitamin. I'd definitely recommend all 3.

You should look into the "EC stack" for a fat burner. There's nothing better. Go to your local Kroger, Publix, or drug store and ask for Bronkaid. You'll have to sign for it because apparently folks can use them to make meth. Next, buy 200mg caffeine pills. I'm guessing you're used to caffeine so take 1 200mg caffeine pill with 1 Bronkaid which contains 25mg of ephedrine. Enjoy the energy and fat melting effects of the combo. Don't waste your money on something like Hydroxycut or Lipo6 when you can take EC.

conwaylucas
11-12-2008, 05:22 AM
I have experience with Lean Xtreme, ON whey, and a multi-vitamin. I'd definitely recommend all 3.

You should look into the "EC stack" for a fat burner. There's nothing better. Go to your local Kroger, Publix, or drug store and ask for Bronkaid. You'll have to sign for it because apparently folks can use them to make meth. Next, buy 200mg caffeine pills. I'm guessing you're used to caffeine so take 1 200mg caffeine pill with 1 Bronkaid which contains 25mg of ephedrine. Enjoy the energy and fat melting effects of the combo. Don't waste your money on something like Hydroxycut or Lipo6 when you can take EC.

Ill have to look into this. I am laxed off for now. I wish I knew my bf% but it seems like I do not have too much left till I have the super cut look so I am eating more, letting my body recouperate, and then I will prolly choose between EC and Lipo 6 to go with Lean Xtreme and some form of omega 3,6,9 combo.

I think Im going to stay off of stim fat burners for a little while and use NO Xplode to build a little extra lean muscle before I do my final cut.

This week I am out of town on business so I am not able to keep hydrated, eat super clean, and get to the gym. All of these have to go on hold until at least Saturday.... oh well.

goodfella0729
11-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Transformations like that are rare, you look like a different person and I bet you feel like one too. Reps to you bro!

I hope you don't mind, I wanted to give my 2 cents on a few things... take it for what its worth I suppose :)

One more thing... NO Xplode is crap compared to other similar products out there... My favorites are White Flood (best energy) or Animal Pump! (best pumps) or NO Shotgun (most diverse product) ... try em out!

x2 about NO shotgun! ive tried doing workouts without it and my energy level and pumps just arent the same. ive tried other stuff as well and the NO shotgun seems to work the best for me.

conwaylucas
11-18-2008, 09:08 PM
You gotta be kidding me! Photobucket deemed one of my photos against their terms of use :( I guess they couldn't handle the new me lol

EWC88
11-19-2008, 05:24 PM
What is EC stack? Also the Bronkaid were else would you be able to find it? I don't have a Kroger or Publix

captain_marvel
11-19-2008, 06:15 PM
You gotta be kidding me! Photobucket deemed one of my photos against their terms of use :( I guess they couldn't handle the new me lol

As many have said...great job my friend.

Quick question...how long is it between your last mean and bedtime?

Mousey
11-19-2008, 06:50 PM
still amazed at no loose skin... that's my battle now.

congrats man.

conwaylucas
11-24-2008, 12:21 PM
As many have said...great job my friend.

Quick question...how long is it between your last mean and bedtime?

Well during most of my weight loss... I would eat dinner around 8 and would goto bed around 11:30 - 12. I was not eating very much and very much under my maintenance level.

I am not trying desperately to eat closer to my maintenance, keep hydrated, and cut my bf% down. I've gotten so close to a 6-pack that I will do about anything to achieve it.

Right now, I am experimenting with LISS cardio because I am afraid HIIT will eat away my muscle.

I have clean bulked a little though. At my lowest, I got down to 183 but now im sitting around 187 lowest. Im spacing out clean meals and intaking much more protein. I also just started taking EC and lean xtreme.

You can see my cutting cycle thread here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112099661

LarryByrd
11-24-2008, 01:12 PM
I'd put it in the butt

Wait, wat?

Great progress, reps!

conwaylucas
11-24-2008, 02:52 PM
did you ever use any fat burners? like hyrdroxycut hardcore? or animal cut?

I used normal Hydroxycut from Wal-mart cause I didn't know any better. Once I was 50lbs down at 250... I started to use it. Once I got to 220, I used it all the time.

At first you have to be careful with stim fat burners. Right now I am an EC stack but I know that if I tried that when I was 250... I would have had heart problems.

Surprisingly all the little things I did, in the gym, on the treadmill... was all coincidence that I got it right.

Here's a funny piece of info:
I suffered a back injury ( rotated one of my vertebrae ) when I was punching on my treadmill ( i know , its stupid ). But anyway I dealt with the pain for a long time. I eventually went to a few doctors and finally became a case study for my buddie's physical therapy master's class ( which I did not know I was when I walked in there ).

He said if I hadn't been working out so much that my back probably would have been much worse off LOL and at the time I thought I was hurting it even more by doing rows, etc.

He told me to do even more back work and tasked my buddy to followup with me and do some therapy on it every now and then.

I got really lucky in many ways. A lot of my initial weight was lost from speed walking for a long period. It sorta coincides with the theory that ~45min of LISS would burn fat cause I mainly did just that in the first 4 months ( 50 lbs)

EWC88
11-27-2008, 09:55 AM
So now your using EC stack? I heard (asked a friend who is a form o doctor) and was telling me to extremely watch out for my heart while taking the caffine and nronkaid. He was saying that with those 2 combos is really going take a toll on the heart. I don't know if he was just saying that to me since im 20 but unno.

lateralus87
11-27-2008, 03:07 PM
This guy is living proof that calories in vs calories out is what matters. That wasn't a very high protein diet and he successfully lost weight and he has a good physique now that he is done with it. Beer, doritos, and TV dinners were all common foods in his diet, but it looks like he controlled his portions well.

conwaylucas
11-30-2008, 06:50 PM
This guy is living proof that calories in vs calories out is what matters. That wasn't a very high protein diet and he successfully lost weight and he has a good physique now that he is done with it. Beer, doritos, and TV dinners were all common foods in his diet, but it looks like he controlled his portions well.

You are very correct. I achieved a large amount of weight loss while actually gaining muscle. This was without a special diet. I even ate out at lunch every weekday. It was very much about portion control and hard work at the gym.

Weight loss is more willpower than anything else. I did however take a small amount of protein ( 1 scoop ) after most workouts when I was in the 250 - 200 range.

I am now contemplating a bulk because I cant seem to shed the rest of this stomach fat and my gym performance is starting to suffer because I have been cutting so long and I finally am just running outta energy..... plus im still screwing up.

I do not eat enough. I went ahead and had my first binge tonight in a long time at Western Sizzlin. I think Imma try to up my calorie intake and continue with my workouts to see if I can gain some more muscle ( mainly in my chest hopefully) and I still want to see my abs....

outlaw105w
12-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Great job man ---your an inspiration

devil_chile
12-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Wow great results man i am 260 lbs aiming at about 185 but i look about twice the size you were at 300lbs. Maybe it's because i am 5'8". Hope i can succeed in my goals. Currently having 5 meals a day fruit breakfast. Light snack, Salad lunch, light afternoon snack and a fiar early evening dinner. nothing after 7 pm though. been on it for 2 weeks with 2 cheat days n eed to check my progress though.

great work man

rat_boy
12-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Inspirational man, I am the same hight as you and I used to way nearly 300 pounds currently 200 still got a belly but hoping it goes.

Currently do 60 mins cardio bike and elliptical etc I do some weights but not much what would you advice? should I buy protein shakes etc?

conwaylucas
12-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Inspirational man, I am the same hight as you and I used to way nearly 300 pounds currently 200 still got a belly but hoping it goes.

Currently do 60 mins cardio bike and elliptical etc I do some weights but not much what would you advice? should I buy protein shakes etc?

keep up with the weight training... it will burn a lot of calories! Also it will keep your muscle from being burned ( i believe ). Yes a single protein shake after workouts is a good thing... i recommend it. :)

eixtc
01-15-2009, 03:32 AM
inspirational results! glad to see you are enjoying life more and being more confident! keep it up!

.Enigma.
01-15-2009, 03:34 AM
Good job

Mesto
01-15-2009, 03:58 AM
wow over 100+lbs lost and no loose skin?

genetics ftw lol.

98dirtybird
02-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Dont get bronkaid, get permatene. Permatene has the ephedra hci and bronkaid has ephedra sulfate.

hardtimes09
02-03-2009, 09:20 PM
so u want to see your abs? well my question is what are u doing in your workout for your abs? how many reps and sets for them as well? nice transformation BTW =)

BathRoadRecords
02-04-2009, 08:58 AM
Great Work!

tonedntough
02-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Great work! Solid!