PDA

View Full Version : losing body fat

bellbrook23
11-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Hey. I'm trying to just lose all the body fat i have in my abb region/back region(not so much). I'm pretty cute.. but i want to be cut and have visible abbs. I workout 3 days a week upper body. 2 on lower body. RIGHT NOW.. i do stairmaster for about 12-15 min high intinsity on quad/calf day.. I run on the treadmill on fridays and sundays for about 15-20 min. I have been watchin what i eat and cuttin callories. I also work out my abbs after every cardio. IS there anything else I can do to help lose the body fat? cardio more? what can i do?

manbear
11-04-2008, 07:30 PM
switch up your routine, or try lower intensity cardio

just my 2cents

bellbrook23
11-04-2008, 07:41 PM
how would i switch it up? and what do you mean lower intintensity?

Ugabuga
11-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Hey. I'm trying to just lose all the body fat i have in my abb region/back region(not so much). I'm pretty cute.. but i want to be cut and have visible abbs. I workout 3 days a week upper body. 2 on lower body. RIGHT NOW.. i do stairmaster for about 12-15 min high intinsity on quad/calf day.. I run on the treadmill on fridays and sundays for about 15-20 min. I have been watchin what i eat and cuttin callories. I also work out my abbs after every cardio. IS there anything else I can do to help lose the body fat? cardio more? what can i do?

why yes you are...

how would i switch it up? and what do you mean lower intintensity?

less intensity cardio ... for longer period of time.

im also in the same boat as you are right now, i just cant get my bodyfat lower its going so slowly.

C-results
11-04-2008, 09:14 PM
I would definitely lay off the treadmill. It's horrible for your joints. The best cardio machines to do are the elliptical and the stairclimber. You burn calories a lot faster and it's a lot better on your joints. They're both low impact. Swimming and riding a bike are great too. Doing low intensity, meaning slower..longer..allows the body to burn more fat. If you get used to high intensity, it will start taking away from your muscle..I don't think you want that. You do want to mix up the high and low intensity though. Do maybe 4-6 weeks doing low intensity and maybe 1-2 weeks doing high intensity. As far as selective fat loss..it's not really possible. When your body is burning fat, it decides where it want to burn it from. You can't really target an area to burn fat. That's why you can work love handles and abs to death and not notice much fat loss in that area...just hit the cardio hard between 45-60 minutes and a day and you should start seeing more results

Ugabuga
11-04-2008, 09:24 PM
I would definitely lay off the treadmill. It's horrible for your joints. The best cardio machines to do are the elliptical and the stairclimber. You burn calories a lot faster and it's a lot better on your joints. They're both low impact. Swimming and riding a bike are great too. Doing low intensity, meaning slower..longer..allows the body to burn more fat. If you get used to high intensity, it will start taking away from your muscle..I don't think you want that. You do want to mix up the high and low intensity though. Do maybe 4-6 weeks doing low intensity and maybe 1-2 weeks doing high intensity. As far as selective fat loss..it's not really possible. When your body is burning fat, it decides where it want to burn it from. You can't really target an area to burn fat. That's why you can work love handles and abs to death and not notice much fat loss in that area...just hit the cardio hard between 45-60 minutes and a day and you should start seeing more results

thx for the info man

back in the days i lost like 40 pounds doing 30 min cardio (spinner bike) every day before school.

when I switched to HIIT cardio for 15 min I haven't seen any significant fat loss.

im gonna do low intensity again, see what happens.

C-results
11-04-2008, 09:33 PM
thx for the info man

back in the days i lost like 40 pounds doing 30 min cardio (spinner bike) every day before school.

when I switched to HIIT cardio for 15 min I haven't seen any significant fat loss.

im gonna do low intensity again, see what happens.

No problem

bellbrook23
11-09-2008, 11:18 AM
ya thanks a lot man. instead of doing low intensity 4-6 weeks and hih 1-2.. you think i coudl like like.....high insinsity the one day a week i'm on stairmaster? and then sunday..wends..friday on eleptical or bike on low intensity? woudl that be good?

bellbrook23
11-09-2008, 11:22 AM
also i was planning on just hopping in the sauna for about 10 min 2 days a week after workout.. is that a good idea

FARTMAN
11-09-2008, 09:18 PM
If your abs are your priority, I'd do them BEFORE your workouts.

-----------------------------------

http://www.best-abs-exercises.com/