PDA

View Full Version : Whey Protein Substitute/Allergy Issues

Jareth
11-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Hey guys! I was wondering if there were any protein supplements comparable to whey protein. For some reason it seems I have allergy issues with Whey protein.. Regardless if its isolate or concentrate if I drink the stuff I blow up like the marshmallow man. On one occassion I had to go to the ER..

Years ago there was a product called whey 54 that I took. If I mixed it with about 2 cups oj a bannana strawberrys, and had a meal with it like steak or chicken for some reason I could handle it.. I belive it has something to do with the speed whey digests and maybe the peptides?

As a young kid I had a lactose issue and couldn't really drink the stuff. As I grew older as long as I drink a skim milk or 1/2% I am totally fine. Whole milk makes my throat hurt! As far as cheese goes I love the stuff, can eat a pound of cottage cheese, drink a gallon of buttermilk, and stuff sour cream into a ice cream cone without any problems.. If its whey protein though it messes me up..

I have egg protein which is ok.. I have tried soy and hate it! When I was able to take the whey 54 I gained 20 pounds in a matter of 2.5 months, and it just made me feel much better than any other protein I have taken..

I guess my question is are there any proteins out there similar to whey but not whey? Or does anybody have any ideas? I thought about Casein? Which I don't belive I would be allergic to because its comparable to cheese, or cottage cheese?

USCdynamite13
11-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Hey guys! I was wondering if there were any protein supplements comparable to whey protein. For some reason it seems I have allergy issues with Whey protein.. Regardless if its isolate or concentrate if I drink the stuff I blow up like the marshmallow man. On one occassion I had to go to the ER..

Years ago there was a product called whey 54 that I took. If I mixed it with about 2 cups oj a bannana strawberrys, and had a meal with it like steak or chicken for some reason I could handle it.. I belive it has something to do with the speed whey digests and maybe the peptides?

As a young kid I had a lactose issue and couldn't really drink the stuff. As I grew older as long as I drink a skim milk or 1/2% I am totally fine. Whole milk makes my throat hurt! As far as cheese goes I love the stuff, can eat a pound of cottage cheese, drink a gallon of buttermilk, and stuff sour cream into a ice cream cone without any problems.. If its whey protein though it messes me up..

I have egg protein which is ok.. I have tried soy and hate it! When I was able to take the whey 54 I gained 20 pounds in a matter of 2.5 months, and it just made me feel much better than any other protein I have taken..

I guess my question is are there any proteins out there similar to whey but not whey? Or does anybody have any ideas? I thought about Casein? Which I don't belive I would be allergic to because its comparable to cheese, or cottage cheese?

I think the egg and/or soy protien are gonna be your best powder protein alternatives too whey...

Jareth
11-04-2008, 08:14 PM
I am thinking I can take casein but would take that at night.. I didn't have good results with soy for somereason, and egg just doesn't seem to be as effective as whey with its digesting time and all the amino acids and whatnot you get with whey..