PDA

View Full Version : Well, here goes... (Help and suggestions please)

Asinthminded
11-04-2008, 06:35 PM
First, I'll start out with my stats.
I'm male, 29, 6' tall, 201lbs and aprox 20% body fat.
I've been lifting with a buddy for over a year now and I've gotten stronger and larger but I know that I'm lacking and I'm ready to refine my workout and nutrition. Unfortunately, I've been relying heavily on supplements and not so much on a proper diet. I would like to increase my size and strength and cut in the spring so I can be ready for summer. I lift 4 times a week for about 1.5 hours. Monday-legs/abs, Wed-Shoulders/abs, Friday-Back and Triceps/abs, Sunday- Chest and Biceps.
I have many questions and my time is very limited to do research. There is a vast amount of information on this site.

-How does my split look?

-At 20% body fat should I bulk or cut?

-If bulk, do I do it for a period of time like 12 weeks and then cut?

-How should my meals on my work out days differ from non work out days?

Because of my school and job, there are a few nights a week that I can only get 6hrs of sleep. I know this doesn't help.

I've been using Optimum Whey, White Flood, Xtend, and Phospagen HP and a Multi V.
Please work with me. I love the progress I've made but I know I can do much better. Thanks.

Dolfan_714
11-04-2008, 06:50 PM
I'll pimp scivation diets till I die!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71

read through them and find one that suits you the best. at 20% body fat I would cut.

Asinthminded
11-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Still not sure if I should continue to work on bulking or should I cut? Should I cut now and slim down to a respectable body fat % and then bulk/cut once more before summer rolls around? I'm very confused. Is there a better section for a post like this?

Dolfan_714
11-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Still not sure if I should continue to work on bulking or should I cut? Should I cut now and slim down to a respectable body fat % and then bulk/cut once more before summer rolls around? I'm very confused. Is there a better section for a post like this?

I'll pimp scivation diets till I die!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71

read through them and find one that suits you the best. at 20% body fat I would cut.

that was my opnion. but it all depends on if you like having 20% body. to me 20% is way to high and you should cut...

Asinthminded
11-05-2008, 02:34 PM
I agree, 20% is high. The result of a very poor diet and much beer. Was thinking I could clean up my diet and continue to lift heavy until spring. I don't wish to gain any more fat which seems pretty close to impossible from the reading I've been doing. I'll grab my note book and post up my work out tomorrow. Thanks again.